The Everything NHL Thread

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think it might be too late to try and change the draft time to tomorrow but i would like to possibly make it sooner.

So can anyone not make the current time? If so when would be better?

And even if you can make the current time...when would you be available to do it sooner?

I want to try and get all of us there if possible as that is the most exciting/fairest/funnest.

I can do it pretty much whenever, I know the user mentioned in my previous post is unavailable until pretty much when the current draft is(so he could make it then but not if it was pushed up) but I can do it for him over the phone if it helps move the draft along.

On a non-fantasy note I mostly liked my Wings tonight! The inability to put the puck in the net was disturbing (42-15 shots should not be ending in 2-2) and the fact the ducks ended up shooting 13.3% compared to our 4.7% worries me too, but our power play wasn't nearly was good as it should have been last year and it showed signs of life tonight, with two goals and pretty good chances on the ones we didn't score on. I was really impressed by Bryzgalov, there were a lot of chances I was expecting us to score where we didn't and Lidstrom alone could very easily have had a pair of goals in that one... 40 Saves says it on it's own but he was very good int hat game and I am surprised he isn't a starter somewhere! Additionally I really liked seeing Drake fight Perry, not because the fight was good(take your helmet off next time, pussy) because it wasn't but it felt good to have someone actually fucking fight one of the various people I hate on that team as I found it quite alarming no one did it last year and I think it's an element that team has been really lacking since we got rid of Darren McCarty.

Additionally man the Avs/Stars game got interesting in a hurry, that was looking like a blowout for a while and it turned out to be damn exciting at the end. Not a good game for Turco though, poor guy :(

I'm a hockey fan (I am Canadian after all) so I'm gonna go ahead and join the pool. Also, leafs dropped the opener! That doesn't come as a surprise to me though, Feguson (the GM) is a jackass. I really have to find a new team to follow...

Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sounds alright I dont mind keeping it sunday, i might have to make it a half hour later to ensure I am home from my thanksgiving get together (yes its thanksgiving this weekend in Canada!)

i look forward to so many people being at the draft :)

Also leafs suck etc, nice contract for heatley. Stastny with a hat trick, he is becoming one of my favourite players. So fun to watch.

Awesome way for the Wings to start out the season, getting the win in a shootout. Nice to see a young gun like Hudler step up and get it done.

Also, I most likely won't be able to make Sunday's draft, regardless of time. I'll preset my draft order though. Sorry guys.

Sunday at 8 then? lol canadian thanksgiving

also I was looking at last year's rosters, how the hell did you have Thornton, Crosby, and Selanne Jackal lol

EDIT: Additionally since it dawned on me I hadn't made a prediction yet I am predicting NY Rangers over San Jose in the finals. I think I am probably enough of a rabid fan that predicting the Wings would be bad form in the same vein that predicting yourself for a Pokemon tournament would be so I'll leave them out of this... San Jose and the Rangers are the two teams that scare me the most this year. The latter is in a pretty tough division but they made some great offseason moves and had a playoff caliber roster to begin with, they should be pretty scary this year barring an epic collapse. Also, even though the Wings eliminated them last year the Sharks have been a scary team the last few years and one of these years is bound to be 'the year' for them.

Jackal

i drafted crosby first and selanne second, and i traded manny fernandez to WER for thornton lol after the first 2 weeks of the season cause thornton was off to a shit start and fernandez was rolling. Then i picked up backstrom lol.

I made some good calls last year, and i think I will make equally good ones this year ;)

Edit cup prediction: Wild over Penguins in 6

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
I could have sworn I traded you Thornton last year.

Isles start tomorrow night against the Sabres. I'm wondering how we'll do, considering that the Sabres are in a similar position to us.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
I can't follow the hockey really here in the Netherlands, but I love the game and am a big fan of the Av's, not sure how this fantasy hockey league works, but I'm willing to give it a shot :)

How long does that drafting take btw? And how does it work precisely?
It's at 1:00 AM for me, so hope it won't be a 3 hour event ;)

Any suggestions welcome, would love to be a nice competitor for you guys :)

Jackal

the draft should take 1 hour it might go a little bit longer if most of the people show up.

basically the computer formulates a draft order at random and then one at a time each person picks a player.

Also WER now that i think about it, it might have been you ;p

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
oops tried to login but accidentily made a 2nd team, can someone delete Siona's Avalanche? or is there a way i can do it myself?

edit: found it, and deleted 2nd one :p

Jackal

well now we need one more person because a head to head leauge needs even # of teams.

Synre go harass someone else

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Wow, the Isles managed to win, by a score of 6-4. Our new additions did a whole lot, with Comrie getting 2 goals and 2 assists. (I think the Comrie/Fedetenko/Guerin line had 10 points between them)

Hopefully this ain't a fluke. =D

I've been enjoying my favorite activity during the NHL season(and by that I of course mean making fun of Barry Melrose), and as usual he is making my job easy. After talking about Detroit was a 'second tier' team and how Anaheim etc. were much better than they were he went on about how much better than Anaheim Detroit looks this year not three days later... he is such a joke. I'll enjoy him during the playoffs as I always do though, the rampant Wings hatred is normally pretty funny.

Anyway I am all out of clever recruiting tactix so you might have to get us even on your own, commish!

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
It just occurred to me that I'm not going to be able to make the live draft. How does autopick work? I put together a list of 60 players (10 each of C, LW, RW, and G, and 20 D) and ranked the first 25 in the order I'd pick them, with the rest being ranked by position. Will the autopick ignore players if I've already fulfilled a quota? (i.e. I have 2 C, my next person on the list is a C, will he get drafted?)

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
It just occurred to me that I'm not going to be able to make the live draft. How does autopick work? I put together a list of 60 players (10 each of C, LW, RW, and G, and 20 D) and ranked the first 25 in the order I'd pick them, with the rest being ranked by position. Will the autopick ignore players if I've already fulfilled a quota? (i.e. I have 2 C, my next person on the list is a C, will he get drafted?)
Asked the same last night to someone who did Fantasy Hockey before, if a position is filled he will pick the first player on your list where you have an open position for. So if you have a center on top, he will skip it until you get let's say a LW where you have a spot on your roster for.

[edit]

Can't make the draft either it seems, got family staying over and ofcourse they have to sleep in my room, guess where my pc is standing. Seeing the draft would be at 1:00 AM for me, it's impossible to use my own pc. Internet downstairs is very fragile so not sure if the wireless would work. Can try though but not counting on it.

lol, haven't been this annoyed by a regular season game in a while...

The Wings definitely choked(dropped a 3-1 lead), but some footlocker employees seem to have escaped and donned ice skates in Chicago. Wings had a PPG waved because the ref randomly decided to blow the whistle as Datsyuk was putting a rebound in that would have made it a 4-1 lead. Grats refs deciding the game on incompetence.

On a lighter note, fantasy draft tomorrow !

Just joined the league, looking forward to this :)

I'm a huge Senators and Canucks fan from Australia, and try to watch as many games as I can. Still remember the Canucks game I saw while I was over in Canada on my student exchange program

EDIT: Won't be on for the draft....I think....but set up my main wants in my autopicks

Jackal

sucks that so many cant make it, I hope at least half show up

leafs won a game zomigosh

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Might have a temporary solution in the form of a cable :p

Now hope my parents pc can run the java applet and then i'll be there.

Roughly an hour and a half until the draft(and a little less than that until the Sidney Crosby(Roberto Luongo???) lottery), I am kind of excited! Handy that this is on a night with only one game too.

Kinda a bummer so many people discovered in the last 48 hours or so they couldn't make it though :( iirc the list is

Will be there:
Synre's Jerkstaches (Synre)
The Jackals (Jackal)
Carl's Crosscheckers (Carl)
xocmin (Psycho)

Too cool to post either way:
zerowing (Wildwing)
Rips (Ripchord)
Dunyain (Vampdude34)

Won't be there:
Loudred Wings (FiveKRunner)
Shred Durst (WER)
Australia Bullets (Bull3t)

Trying to figure out how cables work:
Sionalanche (Siona)

Might have work or something ?_?:
Nordiques (Vineon)

Potentially only 4 drafters sucks but at least we have 12 in the league or soemthing :( and with luck 9/12 can be there I guess

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Cables seem to work, and the test on yahoo says the system is viable for the draft :)

kinda excited about the draft now

edit: 11th pick @ first round, ouch :<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)