The Everything NHL Thread

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
guess who is leading the western conference in goals (updated for tonights games)

now check who it actually is and witness how wrong you were.

ALSO lol leafs are great and holding onto some hope and then blowing it (evidenced by tonight) so this should be a great final stretch only to tragically miss it and get 9th again xD

Ah...yeah. That's definitely surprising. Just taking a quick glance at his stats, I see that his shooting % is nearly double his career average, so this is most likely not going to be a repeating thing.

That's why I'm getting a 31 on my jersey, amazing.

Nash goes to..................................................................................................................................................................SJ? Leafs? Rangers?

Apparently SJ has been in contact with Columbus for a while and SJ turned down a straight up trade for Logan Couture. I'm thinking maybe Pavelski + 2nd/3rd picks?

I would be absolutely ecstatic if the Jets managed to make the playoffs, and it looks possible. We need to invest in a couple snipers, all we have is that balloon headed fuck Kane.

Also I'm happy my boy Ryan Garbutt scored his first NHL goal, hopefully he snags me a dope Jamie Benn or Loui Erikson jersey.

I'm happy for San Jose to have turned that down if they did, Couture is the future for them, I'd hate for them to sell short on him to try to win now. A motivated Nash could be scary but I'm not confident his upside is any higher than Couture's and he has a crazy pricetag...

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Requesting DM grow his stache to look like Clutterbuck.

And Couture for Nash... man. Couture has a huge upside, but Nash is one hell of a player; I'd be very on the fence on that trade. But his 7.8 cap hit is probably destroys San Jose's cap structure and Couture is probably their future with Pavelski and Clowe after Thornton and Marleau kick the bucket.

I should have mentioned it before but it's worth noting Couture has 51 right now -- second to Thornton's 53 on the Sharks and more than Marleau's 46 or Rick Nash's 42 -- it's not just the future that might not pay off in.

Eraddd

One Pixel
^ Of course, but when you're playing behind Thornton and Marleau, most team's defense will be divided between two great lines, and Couture obviously benefits from that. Not to mention the great linemates he has to play with and great puck moving defensemen in Burns and Boyle.

All Nash has to play with is... Carter, who's slumped and has been injured for part of the season, and ... Brassard? Vermette? Wisneiwski (however you spell his name?)? It's a lot easier for a shut down pair to focus on Nash, because really, who else do you need to shut down.

I'm not taking anything away from Couture; I'd definitely be hesitant in trading him especially seeing him play a few times, and his point totals definitely shows that he's a prime time player ready to take the spot light. But I wouldn't take anything away from Nash, especially since power forwards of his calibre are hard to find in the NHL.

Yea but I think SJ considered the nature of Hockey being an "anything can happen" sport. You should almost never put all your eggs in one basket when it could not accomplish much. They shouldn't give up there future just for a chance at the present.

However....SJ is not going to be this good for that long, Thornton, Marleau, and others are getting older and older, they DO need to win the cup soon or it won't be for a while.

LMAO at Craig Anderson, he cut his hand at home while making a sandwich and now he's out indefinitely... Who would have thought an NHL goaltender would injure himself in that matter.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yikes! Dennis Wideman got absolutely undressed by Michalek. What a beauty.
The best part of that goal was actually the pass from Karlsson. He sent that from pretty much his own goal line, banked it off the boards and right on the tape at the Caps blueline. Pretty impressive accuracy.

Eraddd

One Pixel
Carter for JJ and a 1st. Carter and Richards reunited. Still don't think it'll change anything until the system they employ makes better use of their offense.

Also, predicting a J-man post on the lines of "HAHA WE WON RED WINGS SO GOOD" when Detroit wins and "FUCK THE REFS" and "WE DIDN'T HAVE DATSYUK" when Detroit loses.

Carter for JJ and a 1st. Carter and Richards reunited. Still don't think it'll change anything until the system they employ makes better use of their offense.

Also, predicting a J-man post on the lines of "HAHA WE WON RED WINGS SO GOOD" when Detroit wins and "FUCK THE REFS" when Detroit loses.
detoilet shootouts about to extend home win streak

edit: in before an icing call is blamed for the wings home streak snapping

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Landeskog is amazing. But now that I think about it, if Richards and Carter had partying problems in Philly, imagine what would happen in LA :0.

Oh, and the Oilers better not shoot themselves in the foot. Resigning Hemsky for anything more than 4 million for one year would fuck the team over Shawn Horcoff style. I would trade Hemsky for a second round pick right about now, plays with no effort whatsoever.

Hartnell also better be getting a suspension.

I kinda agree with NHL 12 on raw value on the Carter deal, but putting him back with Richards is really fascinating. Johnson is a massive piece to lose -- they have to plan to add some more to that blueline, given how bleak it looks now -- but while some of their offensive issues are system-related this is a huge step for a team that's finding ways to win in spite of not really scoring at all. It's funny how much better this forward core looks compared to last year now, in spite of how bad the GF column for the Kings looks: Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Gagne, and Williams is a pretty ridiculous top 6. I don't think it's a team ready to win this year but Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Doughty, and whichever of Quick/Bernier they decide to keep is definitely a core they can win cups with and they're all pretty young. The cap hits are pretty managable(except Doughty...) for their abilities, too -- the skaters + Williams is only running them 28.47, which isn't bad considering Ovechkin alone is 9.5 in Washington. They have plenty of room to add pieces, especially once Penner's 4.5 comes off the books after this season, and with the six forwards I mentioned plus some other nice pieces like Stoll and Loktionov they're probably only a couple small adds and switches away from being there with the forwards.

The blueline, though... obviously Doughty was always going to be their long term #1 guy there, and they get underrated defensive games from Greene and Scuderi, but there's just not a lot of offense after Doughty. Voynov has been really, really good offensively in short appearances this season so I can only imagine he's in the bigs for good now but even with him I feel like they need another offensive D and another depth defensemen before they're playoff rush ready... and even then Doughty would lack a partner of equal skill(at least until Voynov is ready for that role). They seem to get closer every few months... surprised they're not winning more.

Also you know who this doesn't make sense for? The Blue Jackets. Remember Voracek and the Couterier guy they traded for Carter? Yeah....

In other news, Jets are now 3rd in the eastern conference whatup. Obviously we won't keep it, but if Florida keeps with their streak and we keep with ours, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up in this spot. Hopefully Toronto also makes it; the more canadians the better, unless of course we're talking about the canadiens....

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In other news, Jets are now 3rd in the eastern conference whatup. Obviously we won't keep it, but if Florida keeps with their streak and we keep with ours, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up in this spot. Hopefully Toronto also makes it; the more canadians the better, unless of course we're talking about the canadiens and flames....
fixed

Eraddd

One Pixel
Oilers are set to offer Hemsky a 5 mil/year contract. What a serious joke. Horcoff v2.0?

It'd be amazing to see the Jets host a "SE DIVISIONAL CHAMPS" banner, so please Florida continue to choke, and Washington, do whatever you're doing now, because it's working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)