The Everything NHL Thread

Ya I don't get it either, the only thing I can think of that makes any sense is a sign and trade (but that's equally unlikely). I guess Hemsky's value is lower than we thought, but seriously 5 million?

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It'd be amazing to see the Jets host a "SE DIVISIONAL CHAMPS" banner, so please Florida continue to choke, and Washington, do whatever you're doing now, because it's working.

Only losers raise division champ banners.

That's how it's done. Nothing else belongs up there.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hemsky's re-signing confirmed 5mil/year for 2 years.

Zidlicky apparently being traded to New Jersey for Foster according to McKenzie.
And... Devils get fleeced. Palmeri, Foster, Veilleux, and a 2nd? Jesus, Lou had the leverage on this one since Zid publicly aired that he wanted out, and he had to give all of that. Imo, Wild win this one, regardless of how Zid performs in NJD, turning shit to gold (okay, not gold, probably silver or something that's semi-precious).

And finally, huge blockbuster between Dallas and Florida: Smithson for a 6th rounder.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Steve Tambellini is a fucking moron. Well, that's 5 mil less to fix our defense, and one less roster spot for our kids. Why couldn't you have just traded Hemsky for a prospect+a 2nd round pick or something? Aww well, at least it's not a 55 million dollar per year 60 year deal like Shawn Can'tscorecoff.

Oilers are set to offer Hemsky a 5 mil/year contract. What a serious joke. Horcoff v2.0?

It'd be amazing to see the Jets host a "SE DIVISIONAL CHAMPS" banner, so please Florida continue to choke, and Washington, do whatever you're doing now, because it's working.

That'd be awesome for Winnepeg fans. Cinderella story of the year for sure. And god the Capitals suck. Funny enough, their suckage started after the Oilers ended their 7 game undefeated streak :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Hemsky's re-signing confirmed 5mil/year for 2 years.

Zidlicky apparently being traded to New Jersey for Foster according to McKenzie.
And... Devils get fleeced. Palmeri, Foster, Veilleux, and a 2nd? Jesus, Lou had the leverage on this one since Zid publicly aired that he wanted out, and he had to give all of that. Imo, Wild win this one, regardless of how Zid performs in NJD, turning shit to gold (okay, not gold, probably silver or something that's semi-precious).

And finally, huge blockbuster between Dallas and Florida: Smithson for a 6th rounder.
it's more than I would have liked lou to give up since he did have the leverage on this deal, but all it really is is WSH 2nd for zidlicky. palmieri wasn't cracking the nhl team here, foster is god awful and had negative value, veilleux is an ahler the rest of his career, and the condition on the 3rd rounder is if the devils make the conference finals. pretty unlikely imo, but if we make the conference finals I will fucking love it and giving up a 3rd rounder won't even cross my mind. zidlicky has really good friends currently on the team so hopefully this trade rejuvinates him and he gets back to his .5 ppg ways. sure he might continue to suck and the extra year on his deal will suck, but whatever. low risk high reward. the only thing of value we gave up was a 2nd and I can live with that, especially with brodeur and elias getting older and parise's future being uncertain.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have no doubts zidlicky will play better than his piss poor play in Minnesota. But you're trading for a 35 year old defenseman while giving up more than you needed. Plus, I wouldn't say Foster is useless; he's still got a good shot and he can be good defensively on nights. Palmieri still has potential but played himself out of the lineup; I feel he could have gotten a better return than being part of a trade for Zidlicky. And Veilleux, career AHLer, so nothing to say there.

Plus, New Jersey has to conserve those draft picks for when they inevitably trade for Schneider :D

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have no doubts zidlicky will play better than his piss poor play in Minnesota. But you're trading for a 35 year old defenseman while giving up more than you needed. Plus, I wouldn't say Foster is useless; he's still got a good shot and he can be good defensively on nights. Palmieri still has potential but played himself out of the lineup; I feel he could have gotten a better return than being part of a trade for Zidlicky. And Veilleux, career AHLer, so nothing to say there.

Plus, New Jersey has to conserve those draft picks for when they inevitably trade for Schneider :D
As an Oiler fan who watched him last season, I can assure you that is untrue. Foster is way too soft and isn't exactly sound positionally either.

Sayonara

don't forget
The really old Hal Gill (who skates as fast as a turtle) trade, in which the Habs got two prospects, Blake Geoffrion and Robert Slaney, as well as 2nd Round pick, dispersed confusion throughout all the GMs' minds. Gill wasn't worth that much, honestly. That's why the price for D-men increased substantially, which somewhat explains the Devils - Wild trade. Our fellow Canadiens' GM got a huge amount of praise after the Gill trade, haha.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Panthers, while sucking dick, still have 4 games in hand on the Jets. Let's not go crowning anyone yet.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that malkin goal is unbelievable

it's hard to believe that despite how well datsyuk has been playing this season my malkin for datsyuk trade with synre is looking like a dud

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well at the time malkin was a pure C so I still think it was good for that reason but now that he for some reason gets the RW eligibility synre has the advantage

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
He lost balance because of how hard he was punching lol. That might be losing by nhl standards of "fight ends when one person's on the ice" but Chara was much better off after it ended.

Also, a couple of chickenshit headshots by the Senators. I hope Boychuk is ok. One of the hits seemed incidental but there will probably be a suspension being handed down from this game

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I despise Chris Neil with the intensity of a million suns, but that hit was GORGEOUS

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
clean hit, no suspension
No I meant the hit by Turris where he clearly launches with his elbow directly into the head of Corvo. It was shortly after the Neil hit. That should be at least a game or two. This is the hit I meant

The hit on Boychuk was clean IMO, just incidental contact with face-to-body. It looked way worse in real time

Ottawa's coming to our house in a couple days, I love these revenge games.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
A Bruins fan calling for blood? I never thought I'd see the day.

And then after more of your players get penalties and suspensions for going after the Sens, you'll cry about poor officiating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)