The Everything NHL Thread

As an Oiler fan, It is great to see the Canucks out :), But I was rooting for the Pens and it sucks to see them out. The defence in that series for both teams was awful..Congratz to Philly though, Claude Giroux is an amazing player!

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did you not see him 20 seconds later bleeding out of his nose and mouth? Are you saying he cut himself to draw a penalty? Because you're accusing him of one of the greatest embellishments of all time if that's true.

he was literally hit in the shoulder. please tell me how getting hit in the shoulder will cause him to start bleeding out of his nose and mouth

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Did you not see him 20 seconds later bleeding out of his nose and mouth? Are you saying he cut himself to draw a penalty? Because you're accusing him of one of the greatest embellishments of all time if that's true.
Oh please. Go watch a slow replay and watch as the Washington's defenseman's stick/hand push Marchand's stick into his own face while passing by, cutting it. The Washington defender didn't even touch him. I'm sure lying on the ice after a cut is warranted. Marchand's a big boy; it's embellishment and you can't deny it.

[youtube]XR9cp2CuCVY[/youtube]

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah you're right, none of us would fall down after getting in the face with a hockey stick while trying to get through two other people. I can't believe Marchand would do something like that. It's literally unbelievable that he would fall down after getting hit in the face by a hockey stick. He was even bleeding after he got hit in the face by a hockey stick too, what a wimp.

Dude, look at the gifs Eraddd posted. There are two angles and you can see he wasn't touched. The only contact is from Marchand sticking his hands out so that the Cap will bump him.

at the risk of sounding like jrrrrrrr i'm loving terrible refereeing in the sens/rangers game. absolutely hilarious how they can miss a blatant boarding on karlsson but send foligno off after being pushed into lundqvist to give the rangers a 70 second 5 on 3

and rangers score as i post this FUCK

:( looks like we need another lockout cause defensive hockey is back
We just need for the NHL to not own teams...I can only wonder what they do to make some of the shit go on here. I am really sick of the lopsided bullshit that happens with some of the teams and some of the fines/suspensions.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wont watch hockey outside of the Kings and the Flyers if the hawks lose; no reason for me to watch the most boring playoffs in history.
I still fully believe if St Louis makes the finals, it will be the worst SCF in the post lock out. Florida and Phoenix aren't as bad as St Louis imo.

How is this possible....I am so sick of these boring teams winning anything. Phoenix is garbage, Nashville is garbage, fucking siiiigh
Nashville is really good and they were 8th in goals during the regular season so they're not that defensive.

Man this one fucked up playoffs. Stl-LA and Phx-Nsh... One of these teams will be the finals over Detroit, SJ, Vancouver and Chicago. LA was a least pre-season Cup favourite but they are still an 8th seed with the 2nd worst offence in the league.

Florida could have home ice in the East... Rooting for the Flyers because they are exciting, they have the best player in the world, and I think they deserve it more than any of the other remaining teams.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah you're right, none of us would fall down after getting in the face with a hockey stick while trying to get through two other people. I can't believe Marchand would do something like that. It's literally unbelievable that he would fall down after getting hit in the face by a hockey stick. He was even bleeding after he got hit in the face by a hockey stick too, what a wimp.
If you watch Eraddd's video closely, during the slow motion replay you can see Marchand jawing at Backstrom. No big deal there. As the two of them swing around together, Marchand looks forward and notices Chimera bearing down on him. Chimera was taking a wide angle to avoid Marchand, but Marchand was watching where he was skating until it was too late and they made incidental contact. Chimera got a small piece of Marchand, shoulder to gloves. Not a huge "hit", and certainly not enough to send the guy spinning through the air like he did. He embellished to get a call, and the stick in the face (no matter whose it was) is unfortunate but irrelevant. Good non-call there.

RE PHO-CHI: jesus christ. I know they're trying to clamp down, but I'm not sure I agree with that 5 + 10 for Hayes. Roszival was not entirely defenseless and he knew the hit was coming. It looked like Hayes was going to get all shoulder, because I think he expected Roszival to turn his body as he played the puck, but he didn't. It also looked like Toews might have held him up a little to keep him from turning. In all, it was an unfortunate hit, but I don't think the misconduct was necessary. I wish boarding had double-minors.

I still fully believe if St Louis makes the finals, it will be the worst SCF in the post lock out. Florida and Phoenix aren't as bad as St Louis imo.
No the Carolina-Edmonton finals was bad. It was a good series hockey wise but the matchup was terrible. Two small market teams, Edmonton a fluky 8th that barely squeaked in, and Carolina, a nontraditional hockey market that overachieved and won a weak division.

I think a St.Louis-Philly Cup final would great. Two teams from the Original 1967 expansion. It all depends on how you view the matchup. How the teams play or their history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)