The Expert Belt Dojo (Q&A) (CHALLENGES CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It would probably depend on the move, but I'm sure it would work. Also, the lifted ally may or may not (probably not) actually be targetable while lifted. The combination would work betterwith something like Body Slam or Head Smash or some other full-body move (or hell, even an Earthquake, possibly), while it wouldn't have any tangible effect on an energy attack or a slashing attack.
Counter: 1

Can i use a phyquic attack to lift, lets say, aggron so he can use heavy bomber or heavy slam? would it increase it's power (since your using two attacks to do one)?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can i use a phyquic attack to lift, lets say, aggron so he can use heavy bomber or heavy slam? would it increase it's power (since your using two attacks to do one)?
Depends on the attack, but probably not. MAYBE with Telekinesis (since it technically lifts the target), but remember that "psychic attacks are not godlike" and they don't really have an "unchecked potential" on what they can do. However, considering that Aggron can just, you know, use Heavy Slam itself.
Counter: 2

can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

PS: that gave another idea, can i lift an opponent aggron/golem/steelix/etc..., and trow him at another opponent in a double battle? how powerful would it be?

PSS: does evolving mid-battle takes an action?, i've seen some refs take it as one, others not...

PSSS: would roar/hyper voice increase the "power" of intimidate?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

PS: that gave another idea, can i lift an opponent aggron/golem/steelix/etc..., and trow him at another opponent in a double battle? how powerful would it be?

Yes, it would work well, although the Pokemon would have to be smaller than the Pokemon throwing. There contingencies for increased momentum that refs can use, so it would just use those.

PSS: does evolving mid-battle takes an action?, i've seen some refs take it as one, others not...

The standard is that evolveing at the start does not take an action, but evolving in the middle does. You would do well to just ask your Ref first.

PSSS: would roar/hyper voice increase the "power" of intimidate?

A Roar would work, because that is how some Pokemon use intimidate, and Hyper Voice would also boost it, potentially to a -2 Attack or something. However, remember that not all Pokemon Roar to activate Intimidate, so it depends on your Pokemon.
1/3

Just figured I'd mention that I posted my moves over two days ago and my opponent has yet to respond. (I'm VMing him/her now.)

I accept Gerard's challenge. I'll be using Colloshale this time, for the information of whoever's reffing. As for my Dojo Counter, I'll conserve it.

A few move combo questions for anyone:

Bind/Wrap+Rapid Spin: spins the opponent around after constricting them; mainly if the wrapping pokemon is using tentacles, vines, tongue etc? (Idk if any pokemon does actually learn this combo of moves lol)

Bind/Wrap+Vine Whip/Power Whip: my theory is that it could be used to orient the pokemon being wrapped (by being Vine Whipped) making any energy attacks miss

Bind/Wrap+Slam/Vital Throw/Seismic Toss/etc.: pretty self explanatory, throw or slam opponent into ground/other pokemon after binding them?

Please and thank you! :D

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A couple move combo questions for anyone:

Bind/Wrap+Rapid Spin: spins the opponent around after constricting them; mainly if the wrapping pokemon is using tentacles, vines, tongue etc? (Idk if any pokemon does actually learn this combo of moves lol)

Bind/Wrap+Vine Whip/Power Whip: my theory is that it could be used to orient the pokemon being wrapped (by being Vine Whipped) making any energy attacks miss

Bind/Wrap+Vital Throw/Seismic Toss/etc.: pretty self explanatory, throw or slam opponent into ground/other pokemon after binding them?

Please and thank you! :D
The first isn't gonna work, the spinning would force you to release the bind/whatever.

The second would probably fail as well since most Pokemon don't have multiple ways to wrap/bind something :S

I'm not sure why you would even need to use a binding attack before using one of the throwing attacks and this would force the bind to be released. You seem to have forgotten that any attack using the body part binding the opponent will cause it to be released.

Well I was thinking a Tangela/Tangrowth has multiple vines, so... yeah.
For the 2nd: What if the Whip move was used first? Then, the opponent was Bound?
For the 3rd: Couldn't the opponent just be slammed into the ground and let go?

Pika, my loyal companion. I've waited for a chance to prove myself after my long absence. I'm sorry I failed you, and leftyou to die with that Joltik. Come, let us restore our friendship and try our handat 2-turn battling.

2 turn fight with my Pichu, let's go!

Also:

Is it possible to obtain a Surfing Pikachu by Trainer Counters? (i.e as mobe tutor from an older game-4)

I'll accept Puffins' challenge. Using my Snorunt, Black Swan.

And @ Puffins: if it's an old gen move tutor, you should be able to with MC's

Suddenly, Casper the Nohface pops out of its Poke Ball. It starts complaining about how it's only been in one battle, and even that was a brawl. Because, you know, I'm a nice trainer, I decide to grant its wishes.

I'd like a two turn brawl!

Since I have no clue what's going on with my earlier battle, Rube and i agree to battle this whiny Pokemon and his coddling trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)