The Fashion Thread

well idk how well thsi will work out but theres a personal hygeine thread so why not?

hoodies are really cool and they are pretty versatile

same with cardigans

plain tees are also really cool<3333

personally i think skinny jeans are really cool (just dont wear them if youre fat please)
ive been looking to get into slimmm chinos more though since they look pretty fucking classy if i say so myself

i like converses although i'm about to get some penny loafers so happy!

i guess you guys should post your fashion and talk about how its changed over time! thatd be pretty cool (:

cool, i like threads like this

im working as a fashion stylist in tokyo so this is kind of my thing, will post a ton of shit later

[12:46] <daddyswag> Dress like you don't give a fuck.
[12:46] <daddyswag> Step outside your comfort zone.
[12:46] <daddyswag> Like I said, bandanas.
[12:46] <Shining_Latios> has user JabbaTheGriffin gotten a girl from ur advice
[12:46] <daddyswag> If you need too, put it on after school.
[12:46] <daddyswag> Dude, when I first met Jabba.
[12:46] <Shining_Latios> and I already dress like i dont give a fuck lol anywhere I go nike shorts and a shirt

[11:01:48] <&locopoke> the suspense is killing us

http://pastebin.com/mPY9GCKN

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my fashion sense is kind of all over the place.. i just like different clothes and color combinations

a lot of things i commonly wear though are:

there are other things i wear too that i get from lots of different places so i really couldn't find everything (assorted sweaters and graphic tees and whatnot). i usually shop at american apparel, forever 21, or the department stores like nordstrom's. i usually get my jeans from delia's though since i like the way they fit, and i bought a bunch of plaid from superdry when i was in london since they're the comfiest imo!

i usually dress with comfort in mind, but i like to dress it up so i dont look like i just rolled out of bed.

also as far as accessories go, i rarely wear any but imo it's necklaces > bracelets since they can add a lot to plain shirts but no one's really looking at your wrists, and watches are better than bracelets anyway as far as accessories go since they're functional too!!

what do you guys think of
dropcrotches

personally i think they are the shit (not this version, i like black ones more)

I'm very much into hoodies/jeans combo. My shirts tend to be dull colours, such as grey and black. Zara and Quiksilver have all my basic needs...

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I switched over to the "pajamas and nothing else" paradigm of living about a week ago and haven't looked back since

My classic outfit is either desertboots/doc martens + brown/moroon skinny jeans + band t-shirt + cardigan
Or some variation of that. I own many cardigans they are basically my favourite item of clothing. I buy t-shirts at almost ever gig I go to so I have lots of band shirts to choose from.

I wear fishermans pants whenever I am at home because they are comfy as fuck

I'll take some sneaky selfies maybe and upload them

I'm a Polo and Jeans kind of guy, I tend to work out so the way that shirt is cut complements me good, also it sorts of hits a middle ground between casual and well dressed and you can go to work without looking weird in them as well.

what do you guys think of
dropcrotches

personally i think they are the shit (not this version, i like black ones more)
i told myself i wasnt gonna play webcam dressup but since we're talking about dropcrotch

my favourite two pairs. top pair by optrico bottom pair by henrik vibskov. so versatile, they look equally good dressed up or down depending on the rest of the outfit.

also human potential is kinda cool too

but as you can see theyre really gimmicky, '''''party wear''''' only. hupot is putting korea on the map though which is neat

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
glands did you move all your shit around?? i like it

i feel like my sense of style is constantly evolving consequently as i am still developing as a person and you know, trying to find my niche in this world, and how best to dress for that niche

if anything, my taste is either one of two extremes, those being skin-tight, form-fitting styles or very loose, flowyish looks that look like they require minimal effort to maintain.

i'm a victim of american apparel, urban outfitters, black milk clothing, H&M, MOTHER FUCKING TARGET (though that was mostly when I was in high school and their color palette was all the rage for me, but now i'm a big girl and waste money on AA's color palette), and others from random stores that i go to. i'm always on the hunt for new brands and styles that tickle my fancy (like seriously, where are the nice looking drop crotch pants for girls???) but it's not as easy as just googling clothes you'd like to wear.

as for shoes, solestruck is a great place to look. it's basically an online warehouse of brands, so you can almost always find something that you'd like there. shoes are probably my least favorite thing to buy online though, since sizing can be a total bitch, especially with foreigns brands, regardless of how accurate their size charts are or not.

right now i am wearing this just chillaxin at my house, but one of the best things about these "swimsuits" is that they're designed to wear as tops too, as they don't obviously scream "WATER WEAR" at a glance. best of both worlds.

probably the most stressful thing to buy besides shoes are pants, as body types can vary so much and your measurement around your hips may not exactly coincide with how big/small your waist should be. my hips don't lie, buying jeans is difficult sometimes. :(

Question for those of you with fashion sense..

Where do you buy your shit? In the US that is. Feel like I'm living under a rock lol. I'm too hardheaded to accept trends as the cool thing.

Note: I'm a 21 year old guy, 5ft10, ~190 lbs, athletic build. I have wide shoulders, thick legs, classic 'buff' look. I leave flip flops to prisoners, dropcrotch(WTF?) to saggy ass hoodlums, skin tight jeans to my friends' sisters, and worn out looking shit to homeless people.

I like to dress sharp with dignity, usually polo or button up long sleeve shirt with fitted dark blue jeans, nice shoes, clean hair cut. Usually I wear whatever but when I'm in a social environment I like to dress nice. Problem is I haven't bought anything nice for a while now and feel like all my clothes are old and I've nothing nice in the closet. Quite frankly I don't know where to go to find high quality clothes that won't break the bank. I'm in college after all. Same for shoes. I've always had a nice pair of nikes but need some cool shoes. I got some nice loafers and polo shit I never wear.

I won't ever be cool as some of you hehehe :) but any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

+

T-Shirt+Arizona Slim Straight jeans= Me almost errday at school
I plan on getting some cardigans soon, wish me luck lol.(i dont look the black kid who would cardigans)

+

T-Shirt+Arizona Slim Straight jeans= Me almost errday at school
I plan on getting some cardigans soon, wish me luck lol.(i dont look the black kid who would cardigans)
nooooo, trade up for some 511s dude. seriously, cheap as fuck and they look great for a starter pair of jeans. those that you linked are so baggy, and the color is pretty bad. really don't start trading up to cardigans until you get that pants situation figured out...

myself, i spend way too much time on /r/malefashion advice and styleforum. it sucks being a jobless high school student and bumming money off of your folks, but i've a job prospect or two lined up, so here's to that...

because of my finances, i can't experiment too much with cool stuff like 3/4 DROP CROTCH PANTS because i always need to pad out my normal wardrobe. uniqlo e-commerce is amazing, awaiting it to come back up so i can give them my money. i really do prefer brick and mortar stores, though, because the experience of trying on all these clothes is great and you also KNOW if it will fit when you buy it. favorite stores are h&m (when i can get to one), gap, zara, target (mossimo t-shirts, guys. $10 and fit so nice). i like looking at BR, j.crew, etc when i have some money to blow but purchases from there are rare.

as far as general outfit goes, i am usually wearing my 511s. i've been saving money for a pair of APC petit standards, though i might just get a pair of n&f unbranded or weird guys, not sure. REALLY like the look of some faded APCs that i've seen. also own a few pairs of alpha khakis that are nice. shoes, usually either my clarks, GATs, or chucks. top can be a ton of things -- play with henleys, oxford button downs, flannel, sweaters, cardigans, usually with a sweet brown field jacket that i got for cheap at forever21 men's on sale. layering pretty much always looks good if you know how to pair colors.

and yes, being into fashion does pay off. i have so much more self-confidence and i get quite a few compliments! and this is just from upgrading to clothes that fit and learning to match colors. seriously, i don't look half as good as people who know what they are doing and have a more expanded wardrobe than 511s/cdbs/mossimo tees. i guarantee that if you start to lurk MFA for a month, read the sidebar stuff, and just get involved you will look back at yourself and think, "what was i even wearing??". they are all super nice over there. just know that it won't come overnight.

edit: oh yeah and anyone who needs some help on where to buy stuff, what stuff to buy, etc. i'd be glad to help! like i said, it's really not as hard as you may think. any wanderers coming into this thread, i highly recommend just taking a peek at upgrading your wardrobe!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
THE CURTAIN SURVIVESSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't even be fashionable anymore, I wear a suit to work everyday and then when I get home I change right into my exercise clothes until bedtime

I miss dressing casually, you guys make it look so fun :justin:

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i told myself i wasnt gonna play webcam dressup but since we're talking about dropcrotch

my favourite two pairs. top pair by optrico bottom pair by henrik vibskov. so versatile, they look equally good dressed up or down depending on the rest of the outfit.

also human potential is kinda cool too

but as you can see theyre really gimmicky, '''''party wear''''' only. hupot is putting korea on the map though which is neat
drop crotches are amaze but I probs won't be able to pull them off but they are heaps chic. Love it.

for me I just sport skinny jeans (i have red, purple, yellow, green, teal, black, white, orange skinny jeans). As for the top, I don't really have a style tbh I wear whatever is in the closet that goes well with my jeans. tank tops, t shirts, polo shirts, dress shirts I do them all.

for winter I love oversized jumpers and cardigans.

lately i've been obsessed with polo shirts tho. bought like 3 in the past fortnight:

nooooo, trade up for some 511s dude. seriously, cheap as fuck and they look great for a starter pair of jeans. those that you linked are so baggy, and the color is pretty bad. really don't start trading up to cardigans until you get that pants situation figured out...

myself, i spend way too much time on /r/malefashion advice and styleforum. it sucks being a jobless high school student and bumming money off of your folks, but i've a job prospect or two lined up, so here's to that...

because of my finances, i can't experiment too much with cool stuff like 3/4 DROP CROTCH PANTS because i always need to pad out my normal wardrobe. uniqlo e-commerce is amazing, awaiting it to come back up so i can give them my money. i really do prefer brick and mortar stores, though, because the experience of trying on all these clothes is great and you also KNOW if it will fit when you buy it. favorite stores are h&m (when i can get to one), gap, zara, target (mossimo t-shirts, guys. $10 and fit so nice). i like looking at BR, j.crew, etc when i have some money to blow but purchases from there are rare.

as far as general outfit goes, i am usually wearing my 511s. i've been saving money for a pair of APC petit standards, though i might just get a pair of n&f unbranded or weird guys, not sure. REALLY like the look of some faded APCs that i've seen. also own a few pairs of alpha khakis that are nice. shoes, usually either my clarks, GATs, or chucks. top can be a ton of things -- play with henleys, oxford button downs, flannel, sweaters, cardigans, usually with a sweet brown field jacket that i got for cheap at forever21 men's on sale. layering pretty much always looks good if you know how to pair colors.

and yes, being into fashion does pay off. i have so much more self-confidence and i get quite a few compliments! and this is just from upgrading to clothes that fit and learning to match colors. seriously, i don't look half as good as people who know what they are doing and have a more expanded wardrobe than 511s/cdbs/mossimo tees. i guarantee that if you start to lurk MFA for a month, read the sidebar stuff, and just get involved you will look back at yourself and think, "what was i even wearing??". they are all super nice over there. just know that it won't come overnight.

edit: oh yeah and anyone who needs some help on where to buy stuff, what stuff to buy, etc. i'd be glad to help! like i said, it's really not as hard as you may think. any wanderers coming into this thread, i highly recommend just taking a peek at upgrading your wardrobe!
mfa is pretty cool but i feel its a bit too "classic"

i mean obcds and khakis / jeans are cool but they get kinda boring sometimes dont you think?

also i am lucky enough to have a legit
tartan scarf and seriously it is so baller

people post more scarves please! scarves are sooooooooooooo good

echoing/expounding this sentiment (except the mfa thing because i dont even know what that is)

dressing well is the best possible way to make a positive impression on someone. unless you're a loudmouth, people will see you before they hear you; how you dress is the first impression you can make on someone. people are hardwired to discriminate based on looks and presentation, and you can use that to your advantage.

appealing to humanity on a basal level doesn't make it intrinsically superficial, though. not only do attention to detail and pattern recognition both bleed into every other aspect of life, but an interest in aesthetics can inform of (but doesn't always dictate, tragically) an artistic acumen that extends far beyond the scope of the self. i like beautiful things, whether i'm watching them, writing them, reading them, or attaching them to my body.

if you ever feel self conscious about the way you look, take solace in the fact that the way you dress and present yourself can mean a lot more than genetics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)