The Fifth Round of the Second Tournament of Second Chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Approved by Iconic | Co-hosted by Philip7086 and jumpluff | Last Won by JabbaTheGriffin | Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

You feelin' lucky, punk? Well, unfortunately for you, you're going to need a lot more than luck to win this tournament. The Tournament of Second Chances is designed to promote skill above all else as the deciding factor on who wins. If you think the only thing preventing you from winning a major tournament is your bad luck, then now's your chance to prove it.

Standard Rules
(Reference):

• Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Battle Timeout
  • Wi-Fi Clause
Non-Standard Rules:

• Each player must submit up to 5 teams before the tournament starts
    • You can only use one of these 5 teams in every match for this entire tournament.
    • You cannot change any part of any of these teams at any time throughout the tournament.
    • If you do not have 5 teams to submit, you are allowed to enter with less, but just note that you will not be allowed to submit more teams later on in the tournament. In other words, you will be restricting yourself to however many teams you initially submit.
  • Best of 3 Matches
    • Only the loser may switch teams for the next match.
  • Double Elimination
  • All logs must be saved and turned in to verify that both players used an exact team from their team bank. If you cannot provide a log, you will be asked to do a rematch. This obviously makes it the winner's responsibility if they want their win to be counted! DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS!
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks due to the sheer volume of people. I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided on coin tosses. That being said, may you all have neutral luck, and may the best player win!

I cannot stress enough these two factors:

• SAVE YOUR LOGS! The onus is on you, winners, to save it, but if your opponent does, good. Just don't take that risk.
  • If you win a game, you must use the same team as before.

Winners Bracket - Send to Philip7086

Iconic vs Alice
wilson46 vs Smith
Lamppost vs bubbly
Heist vs Lizardman

Losers Bracket - Send to Philip7086

JabbaTheGriffin vs Disposable Puppets
B-Lulz vs Lowgock
Lady Bug vs Tomahawk9
Eo Ut Mortus vs complete legitimacy
idiotfrommars vs Hantsuki
Floppy vs HellPowna
Krack vs PasY_G
Lady Salamence vs Ojama
Vinc2612 vs Rockhp31
LuckOverSkill vs SoulWind
Bartman101 vs MarceloDK
HBK vs McMeghan
Bloo vs Chacal
Zebraiken vs DarkLoic
AlphaJolt vs Razza
KnightoftheWind vs Taylor

Deadline is 11:59 PM, Saturday the 12th of May, 2012 (EST).

You don't need to build teams, so get to arranging a match quickly, please! Neutral luck, everyone!

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Where did i disappear ? :o
I was in the winner bracket and lost to Heist.

Sorry i'm giving you more work symph/phils.

Thanks McMeghan. From the looks of it, everybody who lost in losers last round are currently missing.

PLEASE DO NOT DO YOUR MATCH UNTIL SYMPHONYX64 UPDATES THE MATCHUPS. MATCHUPS ARE CURRENTLY NOT FINAL.

Edit: Thanks WORMS for fixing it in 4 seconds. Matchups are correct now, please get these done.

Matchups are still not correct. Smith has two battles; one in the winners bracket and one in the losers bracket.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Won game 1 with a bit of hax.
Lost game 2 with hax left, right and centre on both sides
Game 3 in progress...

Yes, won game 3. Bit of hax there too.

lol, lost, there wasnt any fucklucking in any of the matches, and i pity the person who plays alphajolt next round as he has no class and is just very unpleasant to play in general

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
tried to initiate battle with HellPowna twice and got shot down twice.

~activity post~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)