XY Ubers The Final Chapters of PISTOLERO, Part III: Epilogue

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The Final Chapters of PISTOLERO, Part III
Permission granted by Jirachee to post again so soon due to XY being almost over

Hello, this is the last team that I made for dabroyo and James Jimmy that I will be RMTing. Having seen the aftermath that the Shadow Tag Suspect Test has caused, and having been here through the poisonous atmosphere caused by this, the infighting over Shadow Tag, and other things over the past couple of months, as well as the imminent ORAS Ubers metagame that will be nigh-on unplayable, I am jumping ship. I hope you guys enjoy reading this RMT, and that you enjoy playing ORAS Ubers too.

I originally wanted to make a team around Calm Mind Refresh Arceus-Fairy, after having made a very successful team with Refresh Arceus-Water. The team that came out of that started off with Trick Room Victini instead of Ho-Oh, and physically defensive Yveltal over Gengar. After playtesting, Victini changed to Jirachi, then Mega Kangaskhan, then after discussion with Hack, I overhauled the last two teamslots and changed Arceus-Fairy to Calm Mind Wisp to provide a Kangaskhan and Extremekiller check, added Ho-Oh to pair it off with Excadrill, and then finished with Icy Wind Gengar to eliminate the Ground / Flying types that tend to like walling Ho-Oh and Excadrill, as well as providing another way of sniping Extremekiller etc.

If you need something to listen to whilst you read, I listened to this whilst writing this and it's perfect:

The Last Hurrah

Mezzazine~ (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Arceus-Fairy soaks up assaults from Yveltal, Palkia, Zekrom and more whilst providing a solid way of dealing with opposing physical attackers. Calm Mind + Will-O-Wisp is not something I am a big fan of as the propensity of everything in the tier carrying Toxic ruins Calm Mind users that cannot deal with it, but Arceus-Fairy does very well on this team for several reasons, as Calm Mind lets it offensively threaten the opponent. With Palkia to absorb Toxic, as well as Gengar and Excadrill to an extent, it does not really cause Arceus-Fairy many problems.

Juice (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic / Thunder Wave

The second teammember I chose was Tyranitar as I needed a check to Ho-Oh, and Tyranitar provided this, as well as a Stealth Rock user. I chose Tyranitar as I had thus far not built a team with it myself, having only used others' teams with it. It was also able to deal with opposing Calm Mind Arceus rather nicely, was able to anti-lead Scolipede and limit its layers of hazards, was able to wall Darkrai post-Dark Void, and could be disruptive with its final move. Roar was useful to shuffle opponents, phaze Calm Mind Arceus, laugh at Geomancy Xerneas, scout their switchins, and get rid of Substitute Ho-Oh. Toxic was also nice to catch switchins, ruin Calm Mind Arceus, ruin Lugia, which was everywhere on the suspect ladder, and generally be irritating. Thunder Wave insured the team against Timid Xerneas, and was also just generally disruptive. Ever since DPP I have thought that people underestimate Thunder Wave as a move, and on more one occasion it worked fantastically to ruin Darkrai that tried to set up to +6 with Nasty Plot assuming Tyranitar could do no meaningful damage to it.

Notorious XX (Palkia) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Dragon Tail
- Rest

I also wanted to use Palkia as I had not used it in quite a long time, and it is my favourite Pokemon in the Ubers tier and also in the entire game. I decided to use the above set, which is a homebrew set of mine. 60 HP EVs give a Leftovers number and allow Palkia to take Kyogre slightly better. Hydro Pump and Spacial Rend give Palkia its damage output, whilst Dragon Tail over Toxic was a personal choice that I made to insure the team against Gothitelle and Gengar, and it also helped to phaze Arceus-Water and other Calm Mind Arceus as a last resort, as well as scouting switchins. Palkia's main job was to take all Kyogre and it did its job admirably well, whilst still throwing out solidly powerful Hydro Pumps and Spacial Rends.

Passion (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

In the very first draft of this team, I didn't even think of Excadrill at all, using Stealth Rock Dialga alongside Leftovers Tyranitar with Crunch. I was looking for an answer to Arceus-Electric and a solid answer to Xerneas in one slot, and I realised that I could use Excadrill, which I hadn't used this generation either. Rapid Spin was also nice as Arceus-Fairy destroyed Giratina and Giratina-Origin, whilst Arceus-Ghost cannot switch in on Earthquake as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock and sand damage, and Gengar gets wiped by Iron Head. Rock Slide is for Ho-Oh and not much else really to be honest, but being able to OHKO Ho-Oh is always nice, Arceus-Fairy in particular appreciating it being gone. The ability to revenge Xerneas in particular, as well as Extremekiller to an extent, is golden.

Temple Of Isis (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 52 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute / Thunder Wave
- Roost

At Hack's suggestion, I included Ho-Oh to pair off with Excadrill and murder its checks and counters. Substitute + Roost wipes the floor with Gliscor, and allows you to severely damage Landorus-Therian, as you can fish for Stone Edge misses and easily ruin it with burn. Substitute also works nicely if you are not sure whether Scarf Kyogre or a Ground-type is switching in, and also lets you scout Giratina-Origin nicely. I included Ho-Oh on a lot of the teams i built for JJ during suspect testing, and it is another Ubers tier member that I love. I understand why Fireburn likes it so much :]

->

Death Proof (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

In the last slot Hack also recommended Mega Gengar, and I picked up on Icy Wind as another method of assisting Ho-Oh and Excadrill, and lets Gengar anti-lead Deoxys-Speed offense, limiting it to Stealth Rock, and also Mega Evolving early so that it could check Extremekiller. Sludge Wave is a generic solid STAB move that also disposed of opposing Xerneas, whilst Focus Blast provided Gengar with a way to snipe Extremekiller, as well as dealing solid damage to Arceus-Rock. Icy Wind was also extremely helpful against Rayquaza, as it OHKOes after Stealth Rock damage, whilst Rayquaza's Swords Dance is useless due to Gengar's immunity to Extremespeed. Pursuit trappers were not really an issue as it was relatively simple to double switch off of them into Ho-Oh (for Scizor and Aegislash) and one of Arceus-Fairy, Excadrill or Palkia for Tyranitar (or you can simply Focus Blast it).​

Shoutouts incoming:

Aidin I miss you :[
ApplepieFTW, Joryn, PoweredByRevenge, WreckDra, GRB1, 8-BIT Luster and the rest for all the fun we had in Ubers together. Joryn especially is the king
Tom Bus, it's gonna be fun jumping ship and joining you, looking forward to driving a lot with you in the future :]
Hack for being a fantastic Ubers player and a great guy to talk to :]
James Jimmy for being a cool guy, he's clearly looking for a girl he can fuck in his Hummer Track!
Melee Mewtwo and shrang for being great ROs and just generally chill

Steeljackal<3, Thugly Duckling, Splash Plate, Langur, Piexplode, boltsandbombers. Trollax:3, and the rest that I forget

Mezzazine~ (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Notorious XX (Palkia) @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Dragon Tail
- Rest

Juice (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

PISTOLERO~ (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Temple Of Isis (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Death Proof (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I always felt arc-fairy with cm refresh was more of a glue when u absolutely needed what it offered as a minimally tag weak fairy, but cool team I guess
no glaring holes, no over-originality. Sand+Exca, ho-oh, palkia, gar, arc-fairy, it's all about as standard and consistent as you could like (i.e. not very consistent #ubers)
yay I got a shout out c:

this is really close to a fantastic build dice came up the other day that uses ghosty over fairy and goth over gar. doing so brings cleric support + removes the ygod checking redundacy while reinforcing the build against ekiller. nice team tho

uhh this is what i had but its kinda standardish

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Payback
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Psyshock
- Rest

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

goth similarly covers palkia to an extent much like arcfairy while providing shadow tag and it can give heal bell support and trap random bulky arceus. i didn't use pursuit on ttar b/c i felt as though none of my pokemon were tag weak and i like the ohko on lead deo-s -- i wanted roar on ttar just because it helps keep ho-oh / refresh ekiller in line and maybe a last resort vs xerneas / cm arc. spdef palkia fit the best here imo just to cover ogre effectively. i use band ho-oh so i have a sleep absorber that can actually check darkrai and life orb + sand seems counter intuitive. arcghost is just here for a decent mewtwo / ekiller check. this isn't the most original team ever, but it works i guess. what you have probably works as well but it's weaker to ekiller since gengar can't check it as effectively

>forgets S-Matrix in shoutouts

But seriously. Good luck, fren. You introduced me to Uber STABmons and AAA, and were a funny as fuck user. You're a cool guy, and we'll all miss you a ton.

P.S. Team is good but all the competitively relevant people already gave you feedback so blah blah nice synergy etc.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
This team is pretty legit.
But, time for goodbyes. You helped me out when I was a beginenrs Ubers player, and were (still are, i mean, you aren't dead or anything) a hilarious user, and we'll miss you.
Hopefully you'll still hang out on BAM because you're super cool, mang. Have fun with your undoubtedly alcohol-centric life.
Also, wtf is with me not being included in the shoutouts like come on

Personally I feel this is rather cool (and a bit standard) of a build, pretty Ekiller weak though. Arceus-Fairy brings a proper Palkia check to table which is something I generally miss on builds like this. The reduncancy is then again questionable, as Fairy and TTar cover some similar things, but running a good Palkia check is never a bad idea either.

I feel like your Gengar set is kinda strapped from the fact you want to run Focus Blast for Ekiller, and your team would appreciate Taunt+Destiny Bond a lot in general.

Personally I have at some point tried HP Ice on LO Ho-oh to remove Lando-T and Gliscor for Exca, but it's not an overly great solution as Gliscor can roost on it while Lando-T will be very reluctant coming in on Ho-oh knowing there is an Excadrill in the wings. However, it still does 77-92 % to Gliscor which is fairly cool if you wanna bet on your ability to chip damage it correctly beforehand.

In the end I'd just settle for small optimizations like more def on Fairyceus (helps with Ekiller) and Roar/SR/Payback/Pursuit TTar. I also feel neither Sub or Twave is optimal for your Ho-oh. Sub does well vs some Gliscor variants but also has to be used on the switch, everytime, as Gliscor is faster. So you defintely have a free slot for HP Ice if you wanna try that. You could also, depending on if you use HP Ice Ho-oh, ditch Icy Wind on Gar, although it's kinda risky.

Nice team, and I'll hope you'll return to the tier someday!

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Thank you to everyone for the nice messages~ :] as concerns the team, and the previous ones I have RMTed, I am glad that before I left i stopped with the reactive kind of teambuilding trap that we've all fallen into at some point, and was able to make teams that were both solid and fun to play with. HP Ice Ho-Oh is something I distinctly remember Hack getting mad about at some point, it's actually hilarious to see him recommending it now, I'm curious as to whether you still use an Adamant nature. To be fair it was HP Ice Choice Band Ho-Oh and not Life Orb.

Last week I recorded a PS live with this team, where I met Edgar's team on the ladder and proceeded to thoroughly screw my opponent by looking up the exact EV spreads and moves of the team, and also got a couple of fairly good matches:

if anyone is interested

Goodbye is a stupid word, i prefer au revoir~

:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)