The Fysical Phitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually said fuk it and went for it. my friend gave me a couple of caffeine pills as well as some nitric oxide pills and I felt re-energized instantly (guess it's because I've never actually used any of these so no tolerance). ended killing legs with some heavy ass ATG squats and then leg extensions. finally i supersetted leg presses with straight legged deadlifts for hamstrings.

pretty brutal. having my post workout meal (some grilled fish filets and some rice), hopefully the crash won't be too bad.

inb4 nobody gives a fuk

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Copy and pasted from our Facebook discussion for you guys to answer:

Hey guys, I need your help so I'd definitely appreciate any responses. So at the moment im about 6'0" and 190ish lbs (86/87 kilos). My arms, chest and back are making excellent gains, but this is at the expense of my stomach. I'm not obese of course but its not exactly ripped lol. I understand the principles behind bulking and cutting so for the time being I've been fine with it. However, by mid/late November I want to be completely cut up while retaining most of my muscle mass, so I think next week is the start of my cut if I want to see really impressive results by the time of my goal. I don't take any supps ATM besides protein shakes (buying some BCAA's tomorrow though) and aside from a basketball game a week and some light running at after school care, I don't do a lot of cardio
(deliberate). I'm way too paranoid about modifying my diet too much though because I don't think I'm at the stage where I'm big enough to be comfortable with losing a lot of muscle. I know I'm going to lose a little when my body is in a catabolic state but I'd prefer to keep it to a minimal level. I can cut down on the peanut butter and control my carb intake (no foot long subs for example) a little, but my plan was to eat similar to how I'm eating now except a little more protein in lieu of carbs/fat, and adding HIIT 2/3 days a week. What does everyone think of that and what's everyones advice on the matter? I know I shouldn't compare myself to NFL players of all people cause they're elite athletes, but they eat big, lift big and do loads of HIIT and have great physiques (well, for the more athletic positions anyway xD). Cheers everyone!

Lee said:
one of those catch 22 situations in that you will see the loss of some bulk but keep your protein consumption high and keep lifting those weights - the body is amazing at adaptation and it won't sac as much muscle mass if it knows the demands being frequently placed on it are going to require that muscle mass. I've never cut before so iunno tbh, wish I could help more. Oh and I don't think 2/3 HIIT is enough, I'd consider adding some stuff of more moderate intensity too such as 45-60 mins of swimming or cycling a few times a week. just tough enough to get your heart rate in that fat burning zone but light enough that you can keep it there for a while.
Stylish Interval said:
basically everyone i see post results in /fit usually does some cardio. i haven't done cardio on a cut before (although i want to try it out, i've never aimed for anything <15-18% bf cos i didn't care to), so i have little to no experience.

however, hiit is something i usually see mentioned, whether they do it on an off day or after workouts they usually do it. the way i'm looking at it is like,

you have carbs, protein and fat, right? your carbs are your energy first. then your fat. then finally your protein. you're not going to lose protein, but you will lose the carbs / fat. (this lack of science brought to you by the american education system and tenth grade biology).

so i can't see a problem looking at it like that. all i see is an easier way to exercise while building cardiovascular endurance and keeping calories down for the day / week however you count them.

srsly, i feel like the guys at the gym who tell you to do a supplement that gives you heart palpitations for better muscle growth or something
Advice and tips would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)