The Game That Must Not Be Named [NOMINATIONS]

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
So I have been responding to many of the complaints about the current big game hosted by zorbees. A lot of people seem to think that it is severely imbalanced and is one of the worst things they have ever played. Well, I say prove it! Is it really the worst? So bad that it shall not be named, let alone its existence be acknowledged?

Well, I made this thread with the intention of finding out. You see, a long time ago some of us played an unspeakably bad mafia game. Gmax thought it was so bad that we must continue to pretend that it never existed. For the record, I will only relax this taboo once. In other words, in this thread, I will say right now that the unofficial title holder for "game that must not be named" is:
Megaman Mafia
While I think Yeti's BIG SANDS comes close and at one point clearly contested the title, I still personally think that it is the current champ for a reason.

However as I said it is not official. So I have decided to make a light-hearted "Tournament" of sorts where we nominate notable mafia games that we have played as the new game that must not be named. We will then vote them off tournament style and the last one standing will be the new title holder. In accordance to the title, the existence of said game should no longer be acknowledged in any idle conversation outside of this thread.

So please go ahead and make a nomination, and justify why. It doesn't have to be dozens of paragraphs long (but it can if you want, and may potentially strengthen your case if read by people who weren't in said game). When I see that there are enough (ideally around eight or so) then we will start the brackets.

So as for my nomination:

Megaman mafia
deserves to be the current champ. As one of the first big games to prominently feature "pointless neutrals", some of which were able to win even by idling the whole time, it remains a legend, and something that shames the righteous name of
Megaman.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know my first two noms won't be picked because this shows how much of an old guy I am but here we go.

The first Pokemon Mafia deserves some recognition as just awful hint system which went against everything that made mafia interesting, and I'm not bitter just because I was the first lynch because back when I was ControllerOfFlames the 'hint' could be google searched to find a fire energy card.

Star Wars Mafia also needs recognition for being an essential clone of Harry Potter mafia which was literally the game right before it. It at least finished without being too much of a shit show.

I refused to even sign up for Yeti's latest game because of how shit bigsands was. I mean just look at the users on pink and the roles they got.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Nominating Hoenn Mafia for worst game ever. Inventions Mafia was also bad.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
weren't both overkill games horribly designed, i think it's kind of hard to choose one over the other.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
mafia mafia 2 :(

nah jk

i'm also too much of a newfag to have much say in the nominations, though BIGSANDS should really never have happened (no offense to yeti, i know you were pressured into it)

Totally objective tier list:

God Tier
Games I hosted

Top Tier
Games I won

Mid Tier
Games I didn't play in

Low Tier
Games I lost

Bottom Tier
Games I played in that didn't get a postgame

Magmafia Tier
Games where Walrein is village leader

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Totally objective tier list:

God Tier
Games I hosted

Top Tier
Games I won

Mid Tier
Games I didn't play in

Low Tier
Games I lost

Bottom Tier
Games I played in that didn't get a postgame

Magmafia and Aquamafia Tier
Games where Walrein is village leader
Fixed it for ya ;)

idk if this thread is dead or not

If it is, I'll submit LoL mafia. Game ended after like Night 3 when two whole factions didn't submit their actions.

EDIT: not the hosts' fault, if this is all about games that were horribly designed by the host then disregard

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a different lol mafia that I don't know about cause that doesn't ring a bell

EDIT: Yes it was terribly unfortunate but it did go to day 6, and whole mafias didn't not send things in

Adventure games mafia just sucked though

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)