Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge: 2.0

sunny004 I don't think I'll be taking this challenge due to the sheer scarcity of ghost types available in Platinum. You're very nearly telling me to just use Gastly/Haunter against Team Galactic. If I'm going to have a type restriction I'd rather it be one with some manner of variety as there's only really... three(?) ghost types I can get in the course of the game, one of them is pretty terribad in-game, and the other I can't get until late game, so the only other option I would choose is Gastly. Who thankfully /can/ fully evolve because I have two DS consoles.

sunny004 I'll go with normal type, thanks for changing

And with that I'm ready to start! Once I finish writing up the first chapter of my Faulty Tech run I'll pop my Platinum cart in and give it a whirl!

Last edited:
Event challenge:
Solo Blaine with freshly caught Pokemon, you may not use Zapdos or Moltres as well.

Event challenge:
You may not use healing items outside of battles while challenging the elite four.

sunny004

I want to be a runner for Pokemon HG. I will accept or decline challenges at ny discretion, but don't post anything related to Pokemon Centers or extreme underleveling. I will be accepting 2 Rule Challenges and 6 Event Challenges

Rules (Complete)
  1. All Pokemon must be caught in Apricorn Balls (Sport Ball doesn't count as Apricorn) (lucariomaster2 )
  2. No Pokemon may fight in more than 3 Gyms (Naix )
Events:
  1. Don't use Special and Status moves nor Psychic-, Dark-, and Ghost-type moves in Ecruteak City. (Naix )
  2. Solo Red with my starter Pokemon only. If the starter can't be used, then a Pokemon of the same type will replace him (PSDuckie )
  3. No healing items from Victory Road up until I defeat the Champion (WideTomato )
  4. No SE/STAB moves against Bugsy (WideTomato )
  5. Event Challenge:
    Right before each Elite 4 member and Champion battles, roll a six sided die. The pokemon currently in the position of the number you rolled (ex. 1 means first slot, 2 second slot, etc.) becomes nervous about the next battle and must be in its Pokeball for the duration of the fight unless it is your last Pokemon that has not fainted (if you roll a 1 initially, you can switch your lead). You are allowed to switch your Pokemon positions before rolling, but once you roll, that's the Pokemon that becomes nervous. (Regiultima115 )
  6. One of Lance's Dragonites must be taken out with non-STAB non-SE damage. (Thanks Brock Obama)

Last edited:
KingHeracrossTheBug
Here are some Challenges for you.

Rule: You must permanently and randomly deposit 1 member of your team whenever you defeat a Gym Leader. This applies to Kanto as well, but not if you lose to a Gym Leader at least three times (assuming you don't throw any fights). HM slaves and other fodder do not apply.
Event: No using Special or Status moves in Ecruteak Gym.

Good luck!
By the way, a resource you can use for the Rule Challenge I gave to determine who gets the axe is this website here.

Last edited:
KingHeracrossTheBug you didn't say anything about extreme overleveling...

Here's an Event Challenge that came straight from my Gold game (back when it held a save).

* If you still have your starter by the time you fight Red, solo Red with your starter. If you don't (either thanks to Naix' Rule Challenge or otherwise), solo Red with a Pokemon of the same type as your starter.

And yes, I did complete that Event Challenge back in Gen 2. So it is doable. But feel free to decline if you don't like it and want me to come up with something else.

KingHeracrossTheBug

A nice, simple rule challenge: HGSS are very significant games in the Wifi forum, because of all of the fancy Pokeballs. So let's embrace them; all Pokemon other than your starter must be caught in Apricorn balls.

KingHeracrossTheBug

Event challenge: ever heard of the Ouija board? well my challenge is inspired by that. You must defeat one of Morthys pokemon using an Unown, it does not have to solo it, but it must deal the final blow.

Event challenge: you may not use healing items outside of battles after you enter victory road, this challenge ends when you have defeated the champion, so no healing between e4 members c:

KingHeracrossTheBug
Here are some Challenges for you.

Rule: You must permanently and randomly deposit 1 member of your team whenever you defeat a Gym Leader. This applies to Kanto as well, but not if you lose to a Gym Leader at least three times (assuming you don't throw any fights). HM slaves and other fodder do not apply.
Declined. Sorry, this just beats me
Event: No using Special or Status moves in Ecruteak Gym. Accepted, but to add extra fun no Physical Dark-, Ghost-, or Psychic-type moves either ;)

Good luck!
By the way, a resource you can use for the Rule Challenge I gave to determine who gets the axe is this website here.
KingHeracrossTheBug you didn't say anything about extreme overleveling...

Here's an Event Challenge that came straight from my Gold game (back when it held a save).

* If you still have your starter by the time you fight Red, solo Red with your starter. If you don't (either thanks to Naix' Rule Challenge or otherwise), solo Red with a Pokemon of the same type as your starter. Ha, this sounds fun. Accepted :)

And yes, I did complete that Event Challenge back in Gen 2. So it is doable. But feel free to decline if you don't like it and want me to come up with something else.
KingHeracrossTheBug

A nice, simple rule challenge: HGSS are very significant games in the Wifi forum, because of all of the fancy Pokeballs. So let's embrace them; all Pokemon other than your starter must be caught in Apricorn balls. No catching Pokemons until Azalea Town, plus struggling to catch a lot of stuff because Apricorn Balls just plain out suck? Challenge Accepted >:)
PS: What about Togepi egg? Do I just deposit it?
KingHeracrossTheBug

Event challenge: ever heard of the Ouija board? well my challenge is inspired by that. You must defeat one of Morthys pokemon using an Unown, it does not have to solo it, but it must deal the final blow. Yes, I've heard of the Ouija, but I'm declining the challenge.

Event challenge: you may not use healing items outside of battles after you enter victory road, this challenge ends when you have defeated the champion, so no healing between e4 members c: Uuuu man, that's gonna be tough. But I'm up to it!
Ok, 1 rule challenge and 3 event challenges left. Halfway there!

Last edited:
Togekiss plz, even if I have to wait until Kanto, Togekiss rocks. But still, being stuck with Togetic on Jotho will suck, so that's fine. Also, does the Sport Ball count as Apricorn Ball, or is Scyther out of this run?
On one hand, the Sport Ball technically is HGSS exclusive, so it embraces the spirit of my rule. On the other hand, Scyther is a really good Pokemon which might make it too easy.

You know what, considering how you added extra restrictions to other people's challenges, I'll let you decide.

On one hand, the Sport Ball technically is HGSS exclusive, so it embraces the spirit of my rule. On the other hand, Scyther is a really good Pokemon which might make it too easy.

You know what, considering how you added extra restrictions to other people's challenges, I'll let you decide.
Ok. I think I'll leave it out. As you said, too easy, might just take over my team, especially if I get a Technician one.

KingHeracrossTheBug
I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to try again with a more reasonable Rule Challenge:

You cannot have any of your Pokemon fight in more than 3 Gyms (Kanto ones included).
Ok, that one is way more reasonable, and it does help with team variety, so I'll take that one

Dat Leaf Green gauntlet tho
Medium-Hard difficulty, challenge me but nothing insane.
Things I don't like: Perma death, Evolution restrictions, Excessive grinding, trading
Things I do like: Being able to have a STAB move for each pokemon's type, being able to catch pokemon regardless of encounter # in a route

Rule challenges
1. Your Pokemon cannot hold items of any sort
2. Must flip coin every time item is used in battle, if Heads it is used as normal, but if tails you cannot use said item for the rest of the battle.
3. Use 7 Pokemon instead of 6, keeping each one at a relatively equal level.

Event Challenges
1. You must defeat Erika with pokemon that are weak to the grass type
2. You can only use the healing bed/a Pokemon Center once when in Silph Co.

Kthnx
Got two events for you:
Event 1: When you face Team Rocket (grunts or not), you may not use SE moves. This includes the Gym Battle in Viridian City and the Sevii Islands
Event 2: Everytime you face your rival, you must face his starter Pokemon with your own starter
Good luck!

Last edited:
Alright, so I've beaten my last Gauntlet with extreme prejudice, raising a Budew from an egg into a Roserade to take out Bertha and solo'd Cynthia's Garchomp with Kazza the most bro Kadabra of all time. I have to say the Pokemon Center Healthcare Challenge was a really cool twist, really made me realize how many unnecessary trips I would make back and forth. Sorry I didn't post any sort of updates over the course of the game but this semester is killer.

Anyway, I've got a Heartgold cartridge and I'm looking forward to getting some new rules for this run.

Ok, so I'm going to run a Gauntlet run of Black 2, and since this is my first one, please don't kill me! XD
Medium-hard difficulty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)