Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Nov, you get the STAB challenge!!

All dual typed pokemon can only use one STAB (The one with the lowest number of types it hits SE. If both hit the same amount, choose one). All Single typed pokemon cannot use STAB.

nov, whenever you enter an area with a Poke Mart/Department Center, you must always buy at least 5 items from it. This applies even if you've already been there.

DEMo, here's one.

All pokemon after leveling up must use their upper-left-hand move for 5 consecutive times against a trainer before using any other moves.
Is this the right sort of thing?

Alright everyone, got up to Morty done on my SoulSilver challenge done! Update can be found by clicking the link in my signature.

Also, this is my 4th badge, meaning it's time for a new set of challenges! I'm looking for hard challenges, but not insane ones. In order to keep this doable, here's a few ground rules:

-Check my other challenges so far before making your own! You can find those in the post I link to in my signature
-No killing off or preventing me from using any more Pokemon. I really am down to just the 6 I have already (plus one fighting type I suppose) because of existing restrictions, and I don't need that number of usable Pokemon dropping any further!
-Remember I want hard but doable challenges.
-I want 6 total challenges before I go on but since I've noticed the stacking effect getting a little daunting no more than 3 full game challenges this round in order to keep this from getting ridiculous

Challenges so far:

TheMagicalCake said:
You can only use stab moves on odd numbered turns.
Yarnus of Bethany said:
Your pokemon become unable to use damaging moves if they ever go below 1/4 health for the rest of the battle. (unless all other PP runs out)
Naix said:
You may not use items in or leave Blackthorn Gym (once you've entered) until you defeat Clair. If you fail to do so in 5 tries, permanently delete one moveslot on each of your Pokemon. (it can still have moves in that slot, but it can't use them, in or out of battle. If one of your Pokemon has no PP on any of its other moveslots, that Pokemon can't fight until its PP is restored).
Nov said:
Jimera0, for a one time challenge you must defeat Jasmine using only not very effective moves!
King Serperior said:
You may not enter a Gym unless your team's weight is under 500lbs.
luigiowns said:
You may not use any moves that can be taught through TM or HM while fighting Chuck, as proof man is mightier than machine. Also, you cannot use STAB moves while fighting Chuck. Why? because the first part of this challenge isn't hard enough.

Jimera0, you may not use items in or leave Blackthorn Gym (once you've entered it) until you defeat Clair.

Jimera0, you may not leave Blackthorn Gym (once you've entered it) until you defeat Clair.
Alright that's cool. I seem to remember you having a bit about not using items before you edited it. In case you were worried that counts as two challenges, it doesn't because the two are directly related. If you still want to go through with that I'd take that as well.

Jimera catch a Delibird in ice caves. It has to use present on every pokemon of important trainers (rivals, gym leaders etc.) from then on.
It would seem you didn't read what challenges I had already, because if you did you'd know that I can't use Delibird because it is weak to Rock. Please actually read the stuff you're supposed to, then come back.

So guys, unfortunately due to some unforseeable events I may not be updating this thread as frequently as before. I'll still try to bring updates, and they will come, but slower. :[

It would seem you didn't read what challenges I had already, because if you did you'd know that I can't use Delibird because it is weak to Rock. Please actually read the stuff you're supposed to, then come back.
Sorry I quickly thought up a challenge because the last one I had sucked (I did read the other challenges though).

Here: You can only use stab moves on odd numbered turns.

Naix's Challenge/Challange Compendium!

Naix's Challenge/Challange Compendium

Red Scramble
Difficulty: Hard

Blue Gauntlet
Difficulty: Medium
Number of Gauntlets: 2 initially, with the addition of 2 after every Gym Badge.

Colosseum Scramble/Gauntlet Hybrid
Difficulty: Hard (Pokemon), Medium (Gauntlets)
Number of Gauntlets: 2

Yellow Scramble
Difficulty: Hard/Very Hard

Last edited:
Jimera0, here you go!

Your pokemon become unable to use damaging moves if they ever go below 1/4 health for the rest of the battle. (unless all other PP runs out)

TheMagicalCake, none of your Pokemon may use attacking moves until they get harmed by the opponent. Keep in mind that this only applies for one Pokemon at a time (examples: Pansear wouldn't be able to attack Cilan's Pansage even though it got hurt by his Lillipup, and if one of your Pokemon faints, the one you send in must be hit by the Pokemon your opponent currently has out to attack). Note: Your Pokemon can use status moves whenever you want unless restricted by another challenge.

TheMagicalCake, none of your Pokemon may use damaging moves until they were harmed by the opponent. Keep in mind that this only applies for one Pokemon at a time (examples: Pansear wouldn't be able to attack Cilan's Pansage even though it got hurt by his Lillipup, and if one of your Pokemon faints, the one you send in must have been hit by the Pokemon your opponent currently has out).
Nice challenge but I dont understand the last part. If none of my pokemon have gotten hit and a pokemon faints I lose?

@MagicalCake

You may not bring any Pokemon into a gym that either resist that gym's type or has moves that hit it super effectively.

@Jimera0
The reason why I edit out the "can't use items in" part is because with that, I felt it was barely crossing the line between "doable" and "requires noticable grinding", but since you seem confident in your Pokemon's abilities, I edited it back in.
Naw that's not that hard I'm sure I can manage it. And besides, doing it WITH items isn't much of a challenge at all. I have 6 Pokemon to use so I should manage. I need a penalty for failing and how many tries I get as well though.

Sorry I quickly thought up a challenge because the last one I had sucked (I did read the other challenges though).

Here: You can only use stab moves on odd numbered turns.
Alright well this new one is good, I'll probably forget it frequently though. Going to crank up the difficulty that much more.

Jimera0, here you go!

So just to clarify, if they go below 1/4 health they become unable to use damaging moves, even if I heal correct? I'll accept it

Also Im doing a gauntlet of White. Very Hard. 14 challenges. Half Game long. Half temporary. Go.
You are challenged to fight Elesa using Pokemon that are weak to electric attacks. You may not switch to a Pokemon that is not weak to electric attacks at any point in the battle, and if all your Pokemon that are weak to electricity faint you must try again. I won't add in penalties for failing because that'd just be cruel. Good luck, you'll need it.

EDIT: Still need 1 more game long challenge and 2 more one-time challenges, see this post for details.

You've requested a failure consequence Jimera0, you've got it.

You may not use items in or leave Blackthorn Gym (once you've entered it) until you defeat Clair. If you fail to do so in 5 tries, permanently delete one moveslot on each of your Pokemon. (it can still have moves in that slot, but it can't use them, in or out of battle. If one of your Pokemon has no PP on any of its other moveslots, that Pokemon can't fight until its PP is restored).
P.S. To anybody reading this, I need one more challenge to continue my Blue Gauntlet. Just click on the second link in my sig for rules and current challenges.
@TheMagicalCake
I fixed the grammar in the challenge I gave you, as I see how it can be misunderstood.

Ok I would like a gauntlet challenge for Heart Gold

My rules
  • Medium Difficulty
  • 6 challenges (4 game long and 2 specific)
  • At least one challenge that restricts my team comp a little

Challenges Recieved
  • Pokemon on team must not share weaknesses
  • Never buy or craft pokeballs
  • Never run from wild pokemon battles
  • No TM/HM usage bar HM slaves
  • Every major battle must switch pokemon every 2 turns until all pokes have entered battle at least once
  • When you enter blackthorn you must sell all but 6 healing items and then go to the pokemon centre this is the last heal before completing the dragon master's challenge
Cheers guys

Reuniclus Lord, you must defeat Bugsy without any items or STAB.

Professor Science, when you fight the fire gym leader, you must switch out every third turn. If you switch out any other time or do not manage to switch all your pokemon at at least one point, take 2 moveslots away from the offender. (the one who switched out at the wrong time, or the ones who were never switched out.

Naix, if your pokemon get a critical on an attack, they must switch out and stay out until the pokemon they were fighting gets knocked out. Forget this if all pokemon have gotten at least one crit in this battle.

@Professor Science

When you fight the champion, you may not use any super effective moves, nor may you have a Pokemon out that resists his current Pokemon's stabs.

@Reuniclus Lord

You may only catch Pokemon on routes that are divisible by 3.

Reuniclus Lord, you may not keep any two pokemon that share at least two weaknesses.

Professor Science, when you fight the fire gym leader, you must switch out every third turn. If you switch out any other time or do not manage to switch all your pokemon at at least one point, take 2 moveslots away from the offender. (the one who switched out at the wrong time, or the ones who were never switched out.

Naix, if your pokemon get a critical on an attack, they must switch out and stay out until the pokemon they were fighting gets knocked out. Forget this if all pokemon have gotten at least one crit in this battle.
Sorry Yarnus, but one of my challenges already states that I have to solo every gym leader. That means no switching out (unless I absolutely have to, but I'll try not to.) This is rejected. Feel free to give me a different one though!

@Professor Science

When you fight the champion, you may not use any super effective moves, nor may you have a Pokemon out that resists his current Pokemon's stabs.

@Reuniclus Lord

You may only catch Pokemon on routes that are divisible by 3.
Thanks for another challenge Pippy, but I'd rather not take two challenges from the same person, just so I don't get a bunch of similar challenges. Sorry, but this is rejected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)