Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Oh, I have got to get in on this! I'd love a challenge for Heart Gold :)

Oh, and give me everything ya got; As hard as possible!

- I have no access to trading
- A good mix of temporary and on-going challenges would be nice
- All the way to Red!
Just a small note; "Hard" in this case isn't something like "No using the bike" or "No using the A button" and preferably one that doesn't come with the potential to spell a game over (So nothing that could involve me running out of pokemon or anything like that), but other than that, let your sadism run free!

So, to clarify, my healing options are-

• Walking home to my Mom, until I get Fly
  • Healing Items that aren't Super Potions
  • Whiting out
And I can't withdraw any Pokemon? The PC challenge sounds very interesting as well; nice choices!

@moogleking

You may never use a super-effective move in a Rival, Gym, E4, Victory Road, Mt. Silver, or Red battle. In addition to that, you may only use SE attacks on one trainer-owned Pokemon per route. Wild Pokemon are exempt from this rule except for Victory Road and Mt. Silver. Just remember this only applies to moves, ie you can use Feraligatr against Brock, you just can't use Waterfall).

If you do break those rules, the Pokemon who used the SE move must solo two of the next Gym Leader's mons using no moves over 60 BP. Good luck and have fun!

@moogleking
You want it hard? Okay! i want you to have a terrible great time! I will give you one regarding your team members! You must choose a starter and never get rid of it. This starter is very jealous and wants to be the best. Its' STAB must be SE against all of your pokemon. So, Cyndaquil = only bug, grass, ice, steel. Chikorita = only water, ground, rock. Totodile = only rock, gorund, fire. I hope you SUFFER have fun!

P.S. I'm really proud I figured how to cross things out...thanks Google...

@moogleking: Pick any gym trainer of your choice (doesn't have to be the gym leader; just has to be a trainer in a gym). All their Pokémon must die to Struggle recoil (it's OK if they have prior damage from some other source from some reason, but their own Struggle has to deal the last hit). You also cannot use more than 4 items during the fight. (You may use whatever moves you like on your own Pokémon to help accomplish this, except if it would be inconsistent with other people's restrictions.) Should you screw that up somehow, then you have to defeat two other gym trainers under the same restrictions.

Moogleking, you look like you need another temporary challenge.
Solo Pryce and his trainers with one non-STAB move and no healing items.
You can reject if you don't want another from me.

Someone else: give him 1 more temporary challenge so he can begin.

moogleking, when you're in Indigo Plateau, you may not change your team's configuration. This means your team lineup must remain exactly the same from the moment you enter Will's room to the moment you beat Lance. Note that switching Pokemon in battle counts as changing your team's lineup, so the only method of switching Pokemon is when the active one faints, and the Pokemon that comes out next has to be the next one in your team lineup. (For example, let's say you have a team of Feraligatr, Graveler, and 4 other Pokemon, in that order. When Feraligatr faints, the next Pokemon you send out has to be Parasect)

Hey, everyone! As Pokèmon Black and White 2 are coming to America in two weeks, I need to prime my Pokèmon White version to be ready! So I've decided to put my Scramble on hold and do a White Gauntlet.

Hopes and Dreams:
~I have unlimited access to trading.
~I would like two permanent challenges and two temporary challenges for every two badges. (2 until Leonora, 2 until Elesa, 2 until Skyla, 2 until Iris, 2 until post-game)Changing this to one challenge that gets beaten every two badges, two that get beaten by the elite four and two that are beaten after the elite four.)
~The temporary challenges should be kinda hard, the permanent challenges should be medium.
~Please avoid grinding challenges or challenges that involve excessive grinding (the amount used to play normally would be fine).
~Each poster can give out either 1 permanent or 2 temporary to save time.

Current Challenges:
Permanent:
inanimate blob, whenever you enter a city/town, add up the levels of all the Pokemon in your party and multiply the result by 150. The result of that is how much money you have to spend in that area. (For example, if you have a Lv. 6 Oshawott, a Lv. 3 Lillipup, and a Lv. 2 Patrat in your party when you first enter Accumula Town, you'd have to spend 1650 poke.) If you can't afford to do so, throw out items until you have enough money, and if you can't do that, you must deposit one of your Pokemon until you have enough money. (Notes: It doesn't matter whether you use the items you buy or not. If you have to deposit a Pokemon, the amount of money you have to pay is the same as before. Also, this only applies once per city/town.)
@Blob, you may only use drink and berry healing items (lemonade, oran berries, things like that). Whole run.
Before 2nd gym:

Before 2nd gym: You have to beat at least one Gym Leader without using Super Effective moves.
Before 4th gym:
@inanimate blob you can evolve no pokemon until after the 4th gym. Then, you may evolve each pokemon ONCE. ...

Before 6th gym:
...Blob,.none of your pokemon may fight others that share a type with them until the 6th gym badge is obtained.

Before 8th gym:
@inanimate blob ...If they evolve again, you must wait until after the 8th gym. GL;HF!

Before Elite Four:

...And until the E4, no pokemon you use may have more than 4 resistances or immunities.

@inanimate blob you can evolve no pokemon until after the 4th gym. Then, you may evolve each pokemon ONCE. If they evolve again, you must wait until after the 8th gym. GL;HF!

inanimate blob, whenever you enter a city/town, add up the levels of all the Pokemon in your party and multiply the result by 150. The result of that is how much money you have to spend in that area. (For example, if you have a Lv. 6 Oshawott, a Lv. 3 Lillipup, and a Lv. 2 Patrat in your party when you first enter Accumula Town, you'd have to spend 1650 poke.) If you can't afford to do so, throw out items until you have enough money, and if you can't do that, you must deposit one of your Pokemon until you have enough money. (Notes: It doesn't matter whether you use the items you buy or not. If you have to deposit a Pokemon, the amount of money you have to pay is the same as before. Also, this only applies once per city/town.)

Blob,.none of your pokemon may fight others that share a type with them until the 6th gym badge is obtained.
And until the E4, no pokemon you use may have more than 4 resistances or immunities.

Actually, to avoid complication and to avoid, I'm going to make it so the only ones I need left are one for before the 2nd gym and another that goes until the Elite Four (so that would make 2 permanents, 2 almost permanents, and 1 for every two gyms).

Shameless bump for my Gauntlet because I would love to start tonight. Only got two weeks to finish it before I become submerged in BW2 for a month...

Chapter 8 of my White Gauntlet is up!!!

Here it is! Sorry I forgot to update at chapter 7!!! But now I'll need four more challenges, since it's such a big chapter. I'll just include all of Victory Road and E4/N/Ghetsis in one chapter. Give me good challenges!

Espeon65, You must solo each of the Elite Four's main Pokèmon using a Stall (Toxic/Protectish) moveset. Same applies for N and Ghetsis, but you can choose any of their Pokèmon to solo.

Espeon65, You must solo each of the Elite Four's main Pokèmon using a Stall (Toxic/Protectish) moveset. Same applies for N and Ghetsis, but you can choose any of their Pokèmon to solo.
Gahhh but that'll be hard! Fine...but if anyone wants me to solo, i dunno, Marshal, with a specific pokemon or something, it gets priority, or there's not many challenges left they can give.

Shameless bump to say that, even though I was planning on receiving two more challenges (I'll just get them in addition to the challenges after Wake), I will be beginning my Diamond Gauntlet! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And to make this a useful post: Espeon65, you must assign one Pokemon as your Fodder Pokemon during all Elite Four matches, meaning that that Pokemon can under no circumstances use any move, even if it is something that aids an ally like Heal Bell or Healing Wish, and can only be used to allow other Pokemon to have items used on them.

Edit: Just to be clear, the fodder Pokemon can be a different Pokemon for each battle. For example, Blueeye can be Fodder against Caitlin and Patriot can be fodder against Marshall

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Espeon65: You must solo one of the E4's member's other Pokemon using a Pokemon of a type that is hit for SE Damage by the Member's preferred type.

Have fun.

And to make this a useful post: Espeon65, you must assign one Pokemon as your Fodder Pokemon during all Elite Four matches, meaning that that Pokemon can under no circumstances use any move, even if it is something that aids an ally like Heal Bell or Healing Wish, and can only be used to allow other Pokemon to have items used on them.
It's_A_Random said:
@Espeon65: You must solo one of the E4's member's other Pokemon using a Pokemon of a type that is hit for SE Damage by the Member's preferred type.

Have fun.
Both accepted; I need one more one-time challenge!

Espeon65 you are challenged to battle every wild Pokemon you encounter on Victory Road, and you may only use healing items to heal; no using doctors or leaving to heal at a Pokemon center or anything.

Good luck!

Espeon65 you are challenged to battle every wild Pokemon you encounter on Victory Road, and you may only use healing items to heal; no using doctors or leaving to heal at a Pokemon center or anything.

Good luck!
Okay, accepted, and I assume no repel use either? You never said I couldn't, though...

Now I will start my last chapter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)