Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

How does that apply to pokemon that evolve more then once? For example, if I wound up soloing Roxan with Torchic, would I be allowed to evolve it fully, or would I only be allowed to evolve one stage, and need to solo another Gym Leader with it to be able to evolve it again?

Also, may I aply this rule to Members of the Elite Four?
Yes, your Torchic would be able to fully evolve. If this were HG/SS, I would say no, but there are only so many gym leaders. And sure, you can count the E4.

Jason JamesSon (epic fail on my part) I challenge you to only use each Pokemon center (or any other full-party healing location) no more than 3 times each over the course of your journey. This includes using the PC to heal your Pokemon.

Good luck!

Hey guys. I'd like some challenges for a playthrough of Emerald. No Trading.

I don't want it to be too difficult but I would like a challenge.

Just to make the challenges interesting;
I'd like something to make all that tedious surfing a bit more fun. And I'd like something to make use of the wonderfully diverse environments that are in the game.

Total of Five Challenges. :)

@Brammi I'll give you Nuzlocke-like requirements...you must only catch the first wild pokemon in every route/cave/city/etc and make your team out of those pokemon. (But your pokemon can't die)

EDIT: To below, yeah, pretty much.

Hey guys. I'd like some challenges for a playthrough of Emerald. No Trading.

I don't want it to be too difficult but I would like a challenge.

Just to make the challenges interesting;
I'd like something to make all that tedious surfing a bit more fun. And I'd like something to make use of the wonderfully diverse environments that are in the game.

Total of Five Challenges. :)
Posting a random gauntlet because Scramble Challange is going kind of slow right now.

When you reach a town with a gym in it for the first time, check your party. Your lowest level pokemon at the time you check must lead against the gym leader, and you may not use your highest level pokemon against the gym leader. If there is a tie for lowest level, your choice. If there is a tie for highest level, all of the tied pokemon may not be used.

Seems pretty cool. I level my pokes up evenly, like all methodical and stuff. So it is quite likely that I will have all six at the same level. In the event this happens, what is the protocol?

Seems pretty cool. I level my pokes up evenly, like all methodical and stuff. So it is quite likely that I will have all six at the same level. In the event this happens, what is the protocol?
Both rules apply. Choose one to "lead", and then you can't use the other 5. You can still fill the slots with new Pokemon that weren't in your party before, either as one time filler or as permanent members, I don't care.

Well since shinyskarmory decided to revive this and Brammi is still apparently looking for challenges, I'll give one.

Every time you get a duplicate Pokemon due to the Nuzlocke-like restriction, the duplicate Pokemon must be added to your party until the next gym (at least, if you decide to keep it you can). It cannot share any moves with the first Pokemon of that species you captured ASAP. "Duplicate Pokemon" is defined as any Pokemon that is the same evolutionary line as a Pokemon you have in your party (duplicates of those you have in your box need not be used).

Hopefully this'll encourage you to try out some new movesets you wouldn't have considered before, which is always fun to do!

This sounds interesting. I was going to do a playthrough of Green with just Jynx, but this seems more fun.

I shall be going through Green version, and am unable to trade between games. Difficulty would be preferable at medium or hard, please. As for when I get the challenges, it doesn't really matter. I'll be holding off from starting until I get at least three challenges, but I'll accept new challenges as I go along so long as they don't conflict with any prior challenges.

I will be accepting any and all challenges that are given regardless of how many I already have so long as they are applicable. Keep 'em coming, I say! I have no restrictions other than trading or forcing me to do massive amounts of grinding before I so much as attempt something. I don't really expect to see it anyway, but no "Party must be at least level X" or "Pokemon must at least have move X" challenges unless it's something it would realistically have by the point in the game the challenge would take place at.

Daggerfall you are challenged beat Brock without using your starter Pokemon (or mankey if you can get a hold of it). Good luck, you'll need it!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Daggerfall, of course: Umm... how about... (my first challenge) you have to throw out half of your items if you lose to Lance and you have to solo Lorelei with each pokemon using only 2 moves.

Daggerfall you are challenged beat Brock without using your starter Pokemon (or mankey if you can get a hold of it). Good luck, you'll need it!
Butterfree. Once that thing gets Confusion (meaning once I get a Butterfree) I can curb stomp Brock. It's what I've almost always done anyway.

Alright, guys, I'm asking for a Black 2 gauntlet. It's my second, and my first one just kinda fizzled out, but I'll start another one. I'd like two (2) permanent challenges, and then two (2) per every four gyms, so six in total. Good luck!

Inanimate Blob

You may only use Pokemon that have three stage evolution trees. So like Oshawatt>Dewott>Samurott. In addition, they are not allowed to evolve into their final form.

@blob

At each new town you come to, add up the levels of your whole team, then divide that by the amount of members you have. The number you get, rounded down, is the amount of times you can use that pokemon center. Good luck!

Blob:

In other words, the team's average level. If you had 20's by Castelia, for instance, you may use that Pokémon Center up to 20 times.

And speaking of Castelia, you may not use any Pokémon from the Castelia city limits, grass or sewer, until after you beat Elesa.

Every Pokemon on your team must have Frustration and use it once against every gym leader/rival battle, excluding the first 2 rival battles. This also includes PWT matches.

Daggerfall, one for you. One space on your team must follow Anti-Nuzlocke rules. That means the Pokemon in question must be the last Pokemon you caught on its route, may not be nicknamed, and if it ever doesn't faint during a battle it participated in you have to stop using it.

(If it faints, you revive it, and it ends the battle non-fainted you can still keep on using it.)

Celever

i am town
How can you do that? Stop using it if it doesn't faint makes grinding impossible! :/ He'll be almost 10 by the champion!

How can you do that? Stop using it if it doesn't faint makes grinding impossible! :/ He'll be almost 10 by the champion!
It's just one slot. If it were my entire team, then I'd have some trouble, since I couldn't catch something in each area to deal with the gym leader. Even then, it's theoretically possible. Just catch a Dugtrio for Surge, Vulpix for Erika, something for Blane, etc. Brock and the 4 would be the ones I'd have the most trouble with, since I wouldn't have anything to use to train my starter to beat Brock, and the Elite 4 would have me use only two monsters on Green/Blue at best.

Celever

i am town
I suppose... It'll be hard though! :D By the way, did you get mine? I forgot to name it:
Umm... how about... (my first challenge) you have to throw out half of your items if you lose to Lance and you have to solo Lorelei with each pokemon using only 2 moves.

It should be possible. There are ways for a Pokemon to get experience without participating in battle, and ways to fairly reliably get a Trainer's last Pokemon to knock yours out. If all else fails once can just carry around a deadweight Pokemon.

Thinking of doing a Black 2 Challenge mode run. The only catch is I am planning on using pokemon that I will be EV training and IV breeding for (as well as selective abilities and a couple of egg moves) I'm always down for a challenge and should be able to handle some tougher ones due to the better than usual pokemon I will be using.
"But Cap, if you are EV training your pokes won't they have to be above a certain level in order to have finished their training?"
I have a pretty efficient system that through vitamins, pokerus, power items and switching I can get them all fully EV'd by level 10 if not sooner.

The team looks like this so far (with the only things that cannot change throughout the run)

Vulpix @ Drought
Shellder @ Skill Link It knows the egg move Rock Blast
Beldum
Shroomish @ Poison Heal It knows Spore a la egg move so I can evolve it in game earlier than lvl 45 if that's what is needed
Bagon With the Egg move Dragon Dance
Deino- no real restrictions

Happy Challenging (This is my first time so don't be too mean)

Rule #1 Beldum, Bagon, and Deino can't reach their final forms until after you've beaten the Champion. (Cantab)
Rule #2 Battle Style will be set to "set" (see what I did there!?!?!) throughout the whole game (Jimera0)
Rule #3 you cannot use items in batte unless you have at least 1/2 of your team fainted. Even with this, you are limited to a max of 5 items in use during battles. (King Serperior)
Rule # 4 Once your shroomish evolves into breloom it cannot use spore until level 45 (The synchrohero)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)