The Generator Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here to show you guys a new challenge that I have created- the

Generator Challenge

The premise of this challenge is simple- just take six, randomly generated Pokemon and use them in a playthrough of a game of your choice. The easiest way to do this is through a random Pokemon generator, such as the one at http://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/. Chose the region, generate until you get a good team and viola! You're ready to start. If you want to start a Generator Challenge or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to post below.

Rules:
1. You can generate teams as many times as you like until you get one that you like.
2. You must nickname all your Pokemon
3. If there is a Pokemon you really don't want to use, then you can use the option to generate one Pokemon in its place. Keep in mind that once you catch a Pokemon in-game, you cannot change it.
4. You may use HM slaves if required
5. Generally there will be no trading- this is just to make it a bit more of a challenge
6. No Legendaries- you can use them if you really want to though, but I do not want to hear about you sweeping the Elite 4 with the Rayquaza you got lucky with.
7. (Optional) If you want extra difficulty, you can allow NFEs to be generated and then only be evolved to that stage. For example, If I get an Ivysaur I must get a Bulbasaur, but not evolve it past the Ivysaur stage. This is an optional rule only there for those who want extra difficulty.

I am proud to announce the start of the first Generator Challenge. For this, I will be playing through Pokemon Leafgreen with the randomly generated team of Magneton, Venusaur, Slowbro, Primeape, Kabutops and Ninetales. Wish me luck, and I hope more of you decide to do Generator challenges.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Maybe this could be the topic of a hangout? Orange Islands could get together and play the generator challenge. It looks interesting to me, at least.

This sounds like fun! I'll give it a shot. :)

I will be doing Pokemon Black 1 and my randomly generated team is Crustle, Scrafty, Samurott, Zebstrika, Sigilyph, and Darmanitan.

I've just finished the first part of my Generator Challenge. I have defeated brock and am about to move on past Mt Moon.
Team:

Bas the Bulbasaur
Level 14
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip

Tekken the Mankey
Level 11
-Scratch
-Rock Tomb
-Low Kick
-Karate Chop

canno

formerly The Reptile
This is pretty neat, actually. I might give this a shot at some point or another.

Well, so far so good. I arrived at Accumula Town and destroyed N's Purrloin. Also, I was able to beat Cilan and now I have my first badge. It took a while to level grind since I couldn't catch wild Pokemon at this point, but it was worth seeing my Dewott destroy Cilan single handed. XD

I managed to captured a Blitzle and Im level grinding as of now to get it at about the same level as Dewott. So far, here's the team:

Revolver the Dewott
Lv. 19
Modest Nature
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Razor Shell

Grease the Blitzle
Lv. 15
Adamant Nature
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip
-Shock Wave
-Thunder Wave

How do we add generated Pokemon in the game (doing Emerald!)

I'll update with experiences if I feel like it.

I love the idea. I decided to try out randomising a team with pokemon of one particular region, so that it will be a little less disorganised in trying to obtain all the pokemon (especially early on). Anyway, I had a Black game lying out soo...

My randomised pokemon: Alomomola, Stunfisk, Terrakion, Foongus, Patrat, Cofagrigus

Pretty happy with my team! I'll get rid of my starter pokemon pretty soon as well, since Patrat is on my team!

Definitely love this. I am going to play through Emerald with a team of Tropius, Breloom, Slaking, Masquerain, Absol, and Golduck. I will get rid of my starter as soon as possible.

Definitely love this. I am going to play through Emerald with a team of Tropius, Breloom, Slaking, Masquerain, Absol, and Golduck. I will get rid of my starter as soon as possible.
You may have a bit of trouble since Masquerain is unavailable in Emerald- maybe you should use Beautifly instead.

Update:

I've arrived at Nacrene City where I encountered N again. His team was pretty weak, so it was an easy victory.

After solving some puzzles and reading more books than I can handle, I made it to Lenora, Nacrene's Gym Leader. Her Watchog proved to be stronger than I originally thought, nearly killing off my Dewott. It was an intense battle, but I was able to get my second gym badge. However, before I had time to relax and heal up, some weird knights in Templar snuck into the mueseum and stole the head of a dragon fossil. Now, I gotta get it back with a little help from Burgh.

Team so far:

Revolver the Dewott
Lv. 23
Modest Nature
-Retaliate
-Tail Whip
-Water Gun
-Razor Shell

Grease the Blitzle
Lv. 21
Adamant Nature
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Wave
-Flame Charge
-Shock Wave

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I won't be updating, I'll just be playing around. I think I'll play Emerald and my team will be:
Altaria
Swalot
Seaking
Gyarados
Medicham
Slaking

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow nice team Deinosaur, you have the combo of Slaking, Seaking and Swalot
Oh too bad DW Medicham isn't available yet

Anyway seriously, I hope it will work with that team for you, especially Wattson seems hard

I was messing around with the randomizer and actually got two very good teams, which I am going to use in playthroughs of Ruby and White, respectively.
Ruby team:

Muk/Skarmory/Machamp/Shiftry/Blaziken/Walrein

White team:

Emboar/Galvantula/Conkeldurr/Carracosta/Cofagrigus/Leavanny

Add in my Leafgreen team:

Magneton/Venusaur/Slowbro/Primeape/Kabutops/Ninetales

And those are my Generator Challenge teams.

Another Update:

I was able to get the Dragon Skull back and gave it to Lenora. Heading toward Castelia City, I walked along the Skyarrow Bridge and the view was fantastic. After entering the city, I kicked Team Plasma's ass again and managed to recover Bianca's Pokemon from them. Now that that is taken care of, I decided to head off to Route 4 for a little level grinding. In the process, I managed to catch a Darumaka and a Scraggy. Darumaka impressed me immediately: not only could level up really fast, but also hit like a truck! Burgh was hardly even a challenge, since my Darumaka was able to OHKO every single one of his mons. Damn.

After I defeated both Bianca and Cheren in battle, my Blitzle evolved into Zebstrika.

Team as of now:

Revolver the Dewott
Lv. 29
Modest Nature
-Retaliate
-Revenge
-Water Pulse
-Razor Shell

Grease the Zebstrika
Lv. 27
Adamant Nature
-Quick Attack
-Flame Charge
-Spark
-Thunder Wave

Charlie the Darumaka
Lv. 26
Hasty Nature
-Fire Punch
-Fire Fang
-Rage
-Headbutt

Crookshank the Scraggy
Lv. 24
Sassy Nature
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack
-Swagger
-Payback

Just defeated Roxanne on Ruby; she was solo'd by Nuzleaf all too easily. Seedot was extremely hard to raise until he got Bullet Seed; even then he packed no real power until he evolved. Anyway, the team is as follows:

Phoenix the Combusken
Level 16
-Scratch
-Double Kick
-Peck
-Ember

Hauchiwa the Nuzleaf
Level 15
-Bide
-Nature Power
-Growth
-Bullet Seed

Update:

I did some level grinding out in the Desert Resort and my Dewott evolved into Samurott. Hell yeah! Also, I managed to capture a Dwebble and Sigilyph to complete my team:

Team as of now:

Revolver the Samurott
Lv. 36
Modest Nature
-Aqua Jet
-Slash
-Water Pulse
-Razor Shell

Grease the Zebstrika
Lv. 31
Adamant Nature
-Quick Attack
-Flame Charge
-Spark
-Stomp

Charlie the Darumaka
Lv. 31
Hasty Nature
-Fire Punch
-Fire Fang
-Thrash
-Headbutt

Crookshank the Scraggy
Lv. 29
Sassy Nature
-Brick Break
-Faint Attack
-Swagger
-Payback

Herman the Dwebble
Lv. 29
Naive Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Bug Bite
-Faint Attack
-Rock Slide

Houdini the Sigilyph
Lv. 32
Docile Nature
-Psybeam
-Air Cutter
-Reflect
-Whirlwind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)