The Genius of Richard Reti's Endgame Analysis

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Link to Reti's Endgame Analysis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Réti_endgame_study => Is amazing, by the way. Reti is a genius.

I've been wanting to write a warstory for Ubers for a while now, but I've never gotten a match worth writing about, since most of the battles I get are stuff like my Ubers team vs OU teams + an-Uber-that-got-banned-months-ago-but-people-still-seem-to-have-caught-on. If any of you have read my Rock All RMT, I made mention to a "Freeze All" team that I've actually made quite a while back. Since the 3rd Ubers Research Week made Kyurem an option as a RW Pokemon, I decided to pull that dusty out to participate in the research week. After a few battles, I've found the battle that I've been looking for to use in my warstory. It's against locoghoul (since Research Week forces us to disclose our alt names, I'll openly say alexis breeze = locoghoul), and we both seemed to be testing Kyurem. Without further ado, let's get into the battle.

Replay: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-FREEZE-ALL-vs-alexis-breeze--2012-04-11-private1741695319

Notes:
- I know I've mentioned it, but my alt is FREEZE ALL, and locoghoul's is alexis breeze.
- Hail and Leftovers are omitted unless a Pokemon takes Hail damage without recovering it off.
- Commentary will be in black, scores and damages will be in red, while chat is in green, game text will be in blue

My team:

locoghoul's team:

So, locoghoul's team appears to be a rain stall team, except with Kyurem on the end. Since rain looks like it would be his preferred weather condition, I'll send in Abomasnow right on turn one to try and disrupt it, since there's hardly any way that Kyogre would be able to get past it. Just going through my team, Abomasnow's specially defensive, Water Arceus is a mono-attacker, Forretress is Forretress, Kyurem holds Choice Specs, Terrakion Choice Scarf and Ho-oh just standard.

FREEZE ALL sent out Abomasnow!
alexis breeze sent out Tentacruel!
Abomasnow's Snow Warning whipped up a hailstorm!

...Except that he predicts it easily and sends in Tentacruel to set up Toxic Spikes immediately. Not that I couldn't see it coming, but the temptation was there, I guess. He also has a Giratina-O on his team, which will be rather bothersome, but I do have Toxic on Forretress and hail to whittle it down, I guess. Whatever, Toxic Spikes are annoying, but I actually prefer two layers up for now, since most of the Pokemon that are actually going to do damage are either Choiced (Kyurem and Terrakion) or immune (Ho-oh), or don't care (Water Arceus). This means I hope to be switching a reasonable amount, which means I prefer to have one or two turns at most of Toxic poison damage rather than the same amount of normal poison, which is less.

BRAKE STUPID TREE

Abomasnow: 100%
Tentacruel: 100%

Start of turn 1!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!
Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of FREEZE ALL's team!

Abomasnow used Leech Seed!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel was seeded!
Hail continues to fall!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel's health is sapped by leech seed.

So while we're waiting for that second layer, we may as well hurt that Tentacruel up a bit, hey? Leech Seed is always a nice move.

Abomasnow: 100%
Tentacruel: 87%

Start of turn 2!
alexis breeze called Tentacruel back!
alexis breeze sent out Dialga!

Alexis breeze's Dialga is exerting its Pressure!

FREEZE ALL called Abomasnow back!
FREEZE ALL sent out Forretress!
Hail continues to fall!

Let's get Forretress in for a spin if possible, since 0 layers is still better than having layers, obviously. While I'm at it, it would be nice to set up SR of my own, but locoghoul obviously doesn't like his Tentacruel get Leech Seeded and goes to Dialga. I'm going to go for a Rapid Spin here, since I have Sturdy active and it's horribly tempting to Fire Blast me right then and there, right?

Forretress: 100%
Dialga: 100%

Start of turn 3!
alexis breeze called Dialga back!
alexis breeze sent out Giratina-O!

Forretress used Rapid Spin!

It had no effect!
Hail continues to fall!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O is buffeted by the hail!

Except locoghoul is smart and doesn't take the bait and goes to Giratina-O to block spin. Since that thing is in, I may as well cripple it right now with Toxic so it'll die quickly with that and hail damage.

Forretress: 100%
Giratina-O: 94%

Start of turn 4!
Forretress used Toxic!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O was badly poisoned!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O used Dragon Tail!

It's not very effective...
Forretress lost 38 HP! (10% of its health)
Ho-Oh was dragged out!
Ho-Oh is exerting its Pressure!
Hail continues to fall!
Ho-Oh is buffeted by the hail!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O is hurt by poison!

Looking so far, so good. Giratina-O doesn't even have HP Fire, which is a plus. I could probably just batter that thing with Ho-oh for a bit and then call the hazards a day.

Forretress: 90%
Giratina-O: 81%
Ho-oh: 100%

Start of turn 5!
Ho-Oh used Substitute!
Ho-Oh made a substitute!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O used Rest!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O went to sleep and became healthy!

Hail continues to fall!

So yeah, all I have to do is just Sub a few times, Recover for a bit and that Giratina-O should be g-

Oh.

My.
God.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!! This has just changed everything. Sorry, I'm going to go puke.

*pukes*

Okay, back. So yeah, this has just changed everything. Rest Giratina-O would mean those hazards are going to be down indefinitely, since Forretress can't do anything to get past it now. Stealth Rock looks like it's going to be up reasonably soon, as well, which means I should probably forfeit right now, lol.

Ho-oh: 75% (Sub)
Giratina-O: 100%

Start of turn 6!
Ho-Oh used Brave Bird!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 32% of its health!
Ho-Oh is hit with recoil!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O is fast asleep!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O used Sleep Talk!
Ho-Oh's substitute faded!

Hail continues to fall!

Oh wow, this has just turned into the worst thing ever. How the hell is that Giratina-O so goddamn bulky? I swear that I've seen Ho-oh do more to Giratina-A than that! I'm about to cry now. =(

Ho-oh: 64%
Giratina-O: 55%

Start of turn 7!
alexis breeze called Giratina-O back!

Ho-Oh used Substitute!
Ho-Oh made a substitute!

Hail continues to fall!

So locoghoul wants to keep his Giratina-O, which is a smart move. I go for the Sub just in case he lands that Dragon Tail again, but he switches.

Ho-oh: 39%

Start of turn 8!
Ho-Oh used Recover!
Ho-Oh regained health!

Alexis breeze's Dialga used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around FREEZE ALL's team!

Hail continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Dialga is buffeted by the hail!

Well, it's not like that was surprising, but seeing the words "Alexis breeze's Dialga used Stealth Rock!" really drove home the fact that I'm probably officially screwed. With 3 mons weak against SR and a spinner that is unable to spin really, really sucks. Looks like I'm going to have to pull something out of my ass here.

Ho-oh: 89%

Start of turn 9!
alexis breeze sent out Kyogre!

alexis breeze's Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain!

Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre lost 9% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Ho-Oh restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Yeah, I'm getting played like a child here. You'd be wondering why I decided to warstory this, right? Well, if you stop reading here, I'm not going to blame you, but you'll miss out on the most amazing finish ever. It IS 52 turns long, just saying.

Ho-oh: 95%
Kyogre: 97%

Start of turn 10!
Ho-Oh used Brave Bird!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre lost 52% of its health!

Alexis breeze's Kyogre used Roar!

Pointed stones dug into Kyurem!
Kyurem was poisoned!
Kyurem was dragged out!
Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!

Rain continues to fall!

Kyurem is hurt by poison!

Hang on, how did my Kyurem not take damage from Stealth Rock? That's weird. Oh well, I guess that's a free 25% for my Kyurem then.

Well I do enjoy my hail, so Brave Birding Kyogre for a lot of damage is good. Although, how many damn physically bulky mons does locoghoul have? That Kyogre must be 252 HP / 252 Def + or something to only take 52% from Brave Bird. It also looks like everything has goddamn Roar or Dragon Tail, this is starting to get annoying. Thank God he doesn't have Spikes up, too. Anyway, I want that Kyogre dead so I can start spamming Blizzard. Time for the DRACO METEOR!

Ho-oh: 78%
Kyogre: 51%
Kyurem: 87%

Start of turn 11!
alexis breeze called Kyogre back!

Kyurem used Draco Meteor!

Alexis breeze's Tentacruel lost 67% of its health!
Kyurem's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Rain continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

So locoghoul lets Tentacruel eat that big fat Specs Meteor. Damn that thing is bulky though, maybe I should have run Modest after all. Looking at the damage, I might not be able to kill this thing, and as I said, Toxic damage is surprisingly better than normal poison for the time being, especially if I can't spin. On the topic of spinning, let's give it another go, although I probably won't get anywhere judging by how much of a BITCH that Giratina-O is.

Kyurem: 75%
Tentacruel: 32%

Start of turn 12!
FREEZE ALL called Kyurem back!
Pointed stones dug into Forretress!

Alexis breeze's Tentacruel used Toxic Spikes!

Poison spikes were scattered all around the feet of FREEZE ALL's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Forretress restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

I wish I had Gyro Ball on Forretress now, because I'd least be able to hurt that Giratina-O after getting it Brave Birded once. He doesn't have HP Fire either. I run HP Ice to hurt Rayquazas locked into Outrage and such, so looks like that's my only option here.

Forretress: 82%
Tentacruel: 45%

Start of turn 13!
alexis breeze called Tentacruel back!

Forretress used Hidden Power!

It's super effective!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 13% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Lol. That was pitiful. That made me sad. Oh well, I haven't got SR up yet, I should set it up, even though he'd probably just send Excadrill or Tentacruel to spin them away since I have no spinblocker.

Forretress: 89%
Giratina-O: 42%

Start of turn 14!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O used Roar!
Kyurem was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Shit, that Giratina-O is really starting to piss me off now. As if you'd cockblock me setting up SR, too. What a bastard! Locoghoul, I like the set. Well, SR is working properly now too, so Kyurem is really tasting entry hazards. Since he Roared me into Kyurem, I may as well use what he does best. Blizzard is unreliable, but I also have Ice Beam on it just for this situation!

Kyurem: 37%
Giratina-O: 42%

Start of turn 15!

Kyurem used Ice Beam!
Alexis breeze's Dialga lost 45% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Dialga restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

My God, locoghoul's team is just bulk, bulk, bulk. I'm starting to wonder if he has any offense on it at all. If he doesn't, or if I can at least weaken that Dialga, I might have a way out of this yet. Just note to all aspiring stall teams now, make sure you sure you have SOME form of firepower or win condition or you will get into trouble later.

Kyurem: 25%
Dialga: 61%

Start of turn 16!

Kyurem used Ice Beam!

A critical hit!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel lost 44% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Kyurem fainted!
Pointed stones dug into Abomasnow!
Abomasnow was badly poisoned!

Wait, what the fuck? The more I go back over this log, the more confused I'm getting with PO. How did Kyurem die from 25% when he was only normally poisoned? Did I actually take Stealth Rock before and now it's finally registering or something? I don't remember any of this happening in the match, must be the log. This is just weird.

*breathes*

Anyway, so I guess that takes care of Kyurem, which is a shame, I don't really get to show it off much. Oh well. I'm going to bring in Abomasnow so I can just get rid of that Rain Dish, but it really doesn't matter what weather condition is in play from here on in, if anything, rain is probably since my Pokemon can conserve their health better.

X Kyurem: Killed by the guardians (if you get the reference and reason I used it you get a cookie)
Tentacruel: 12%
Abomasnow: 75%

Score: 5-6

Start of turn 17!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel used Scald!
Abomasnow lost 32 HP! (8% of its health)

Abomasnow used Grass Knot!

A critical hit!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel lost 12% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Tentacruel fainted!

Hail continues to fall!

Abomasnow restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Abomasnow is hurt by poison!

SuRpRiZeD is watching the battle.

Well, I get a rather useless crit to finish off Tentacruel, but whatever. Moving on. At least I'm not going to get 6-0'd now, ha!

Abomasnow: 67%
X Tentacruel: TRIPPED
Kyogre: 49%

Score: 5-5

Start of turn 18!

Abomasnow used Grass Knot!
Alexis breeze's Dialga lost 5% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

And so I play like an idiot again. As if I didn't use Leech Seed. Why didn't I use Leech Seed? Must be the despair creeping in, LOL. I remember purposefully saccing my mons much later in the game. Maybe I was already putting my plan into motion...

Abomasnow: 60%
Dialga: 61%

Start of turn 19!

Alexis breeze's Dialga used Aura Sphere!

Forretress lost 100 HP! (28% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Okay, I'm definitely starting to sac mons now. Since that's the case, I'll start talking about my game plan now (what, about 30 turns before the main event, but whatever). The plan is, since locoghoul has so many damn phazers but no real win condition, I have a certain mono-attacking Water Arceus with Calm Mind / Surf / Recover / Refresh that I should be able to set up relatively easy lategame. Problem is, that with all my other Pokemon alive, I'll just get phazed and each a stack of poison and entry hazard damage. The only problem that might arise is that damn Dialga and possibly Kyogre, since they might be carrying Thunder, which with Toxic poison, would make it a bit difficult to set up initially.

So this move is trying to switch Forretress into an obvious Fire Blast. The faster locoghoul kills my mons, the better since I can get the fuck out of here. However, Dialga has Aura Sphere instead. This changes things, since Forretress is immune to poison damage, and that Giratina-O is still on its Rest counter at ~45%. It may seem I still have a chance to stick to plan A and get rid of hazards instead of going for the riskier "sac all mons and put everything on Water Arceus" scheme.

Forretress: 54%
Dialga: 67%

Start of turn 20!

FREEZE ALL called Forretress back!

Hail continues to fall!

So I predict the obvious Giratina-O switch-in a score 6.25% hail damage on it =D, which is about half of what HP Ice was doing, hehehe. I pull back from the obvious Blizzard just in case locoghoul sees straight through and sends in Kyogre. Leech Seed seems like the most sensible move to use right now.

Abomasnow: 35%
Giratina-O: 34%

Start of turn 21!
alexis breeze sent out Excadrill!

Abomasnow used Leech Seed!
Alexis breeze's Excadrill was seeded!

Hail continues to fall!
Alexis breeze's Excadrill is buffeted by the hail!
Alexis breeze's Excadrill's health is sapped by leech seed.

SuRpRiZeD stopped watching the battle.

Come back SuRpRiZeD! You don't know what you're missing out on!

Anyway, I don't get the Excadrill switch-in at all. I mean, it neither resists Grass Knot nor Blizzard. Whatever, since I've got a decent amount of health back, let's just hit something with Blizzard.

Abomasnow: 41%
Excadrill: 81%

Start of turn 22!
alexis breeze called Excadrill back!

Abomasnow used Blizzard!
A critical hit!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre lost 24% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

So now loco switches in Kyogre and takes a crit, which ultimately doesn't matter all that much. I doubt he's going to keep Kyogre in against Abomasnow, and I'm not going to stay in either since Toxic is starting to build up. He's likely to go into Dialga, which I'd love to get a burn onto with Sacred Fire.

Abomasnow: 28%
Kyogre: 31%

Start of turn 23!
alexis breeze sent out Kyurem!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!

FREEZE ALL sent out Ho-Oh!
Pointed stones dug into Ho-Oh!

Ho-Oh is exerting its Pressure!

Rain continues to fall!

...Instead, he goes into Kyurem. I just hope this thing can't go physical because Ho-oh should be able to take on special variants, even at 32%. I'll go for the Recover, just so Ho-oh can continue to operate. If he does end up killing me, then whatever, it's not too big a loss since I have half a mind to sac all my mons anyway!

Ho-oh: 32%
Kyurem: 100%

Start of turn 24!
Alexis breeze's Kyurem used Ice Beam!
Ho-Oh lost 123 HP! (30% of its health)

Ho-Oh used Recover!

Ho-Oh regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

As I thought. Ho-oh is such a beast. I'll get back to 100% so I can at least be at 50% when I switch in next.

Ho-oh: 58%
Kyurem: 100%

Start of turn 25!
alexis breeze called Kyurem back!

Ho-Oh used Recover!
Ho-Oh regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

So loco decides to switch in Dialga, presumably to Roar me out. Hopefully I can at least get a burn onto that damn thing now, so he'll be easier to deal with afterward with Water Arceus. THAT THING MUST DIE.

Ho-oh: 100%
Dialga: 73%

Start of turn 26!
Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire!
Alexis breeze's Dialga lost 22% of its health!

Alexis breeze's Dialga used Thunder!

It's super effective!
Ho-Oh lost 174 HP! (42% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Ooooh, it's like I feared, he DOES have Thunder. Looks like weakening this thing was the right thing to do, because he'll be very troublesome for Water Arceus to deal with. Whatever happens, this thing must be under 30% if I want to have an easier time later. Eat that Sacred Fire!

Ho-oh: 64%
Dialga: 57%

Start of turn 27!
Ho-Oh used Sacred Fire!
Alexis breeze's Dialga lost 21% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Dialga was burned!

It's super effective!
Ho-Oh lost 202 HP! (49% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Dialga is hurt by its burn!

Excellent. Now that he's burned, Arceus can at least stall him for a couple of turns and finish him off. However, since I'm here, I may as well try and kill that thing while Ho-oh is here. Judging by how slow his team, I may even just be able to kill at least 2-3 mons if I don't get paralysed (which is likely, I guess).

Ho-oh: 21%
Dialga: 30%

Start of turn 28!
Ho-Oh used Recover!
Ho-Oh regained health!

It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Ho-Oh lost 282 HP! (69% of its health)
Ho-Oh fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Dialga is hurt by its burn!

Or that. I felt like crying at this point, but after seeing my way out, I didn't seem to mind too much after that. After all, the game just took my easy way out, but have not actually interfered with my ultimate strategy. By the way, that should 71%, not 69. I really apologise for the poor quality of the log, IT'S NOT MY FAULT.

X Ho-oh: THUNDERSTRUCK
Dialga: 24%
Forretress: 41%

Score: 4-5

Start of turn 29!

Forretress used Rapid Spin!

It had no effect!

Rain continues to fall!

Ahhh well, it was worth a shot. Let's just keep that Giratina-O at that level of health if possible. I don't want it to wake up.

Forretress: 47%
Giratina-O: 35%

Start of turn 30!
FREEZE ALL called Forretress back!

Forretress was dragged out!

Hail continues to fall!

Son of a-! Could have at least Roared me into Terrakion so I can finally kill that thing?

Abomasnow: 3%
Giratina-O: 28%
Forretress: 35%

Start of turn 31!
But if failed!

It's super effective!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 14% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

So close. Fuck that Giratina-O. Seriously. The turn I kill it will be the most satisfying turn in this whole game, if I do end up killing it.

Giratina-O: 8%

Start of turn 32!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O woke up!

It's super effective!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 13% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

BRAKE STUPID DEVIL DRAGON THAT RESIDES IN THE DISTORTION WORLD. Yeah, I don't care any more. Just hurry up and kill everything so I can start setting up with Water Arceus already. Since I'm not getting past this thing any time soon, let's just do what I can, and that's setting up Stealth Rock =).

Giratina-O: 80%

Start of turn 33!
But if failed!

Forretress used Stealth Rock!

Pointed stones float in the air around alexis breeze's team!

Hail continues to fall!

Not that it will help with all that much, but who cares, SR up is genearlly helpful. Let's just HP Ice in futility again, hopefully he Roars me into Terrakion so I can at least hurt him a bit more.

Giratina-O: 74%

Start of turn 34!
Abomasnow fainted!
Abomasnow was dragged out!

Hail continues to fall!

FREEZE ALL sent out Terrakion!
Pointed stones dug into Terrakion!
Terrakion was badly poisoned!

So I get cockblocked yet again, because of that damn double phazing RestTalk. Well, Abomasnow bites the dust, let's just get Terrakion and Forretress killed off so I can finally strike back.

X Abomasnow: Ninja rock'd
Giratina-O: 68%
Terrakion: 93%

Score: 3-5

It might look like 3-5, but it's easily 1-5 by this point. Forretress and Terrakion are for all intents and purposes dead.

Start of turn 35!
Terrakion used Stone Edge!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 27% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

Terrakion is buffeted by the hail!
Terrakion is hurt by poison!

Not much going on here, all it is is Terrakion bashing his head against that annoying bastard Giratina-O. If I can kill it, great, if I can't, no real hassle. The sooner locoghoul kills it, the better, actually.

Terrakion: 81%

Start of turn 36!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 26% of its health!

But if failed!

Hail continues to fall!

Nothing much else going on here, it's going to be this way for a few more turns, then things would start getting interesting again. I'm not lying.

Terrakion: 62%
Giratina-O: 61%

Start of turn 37!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 26% of its health!

But if failed!

Hail continues to fall!

Keep going. I might be able to kill that stupid thing yet, it'll be a nice "fuck you" before I start the real endgame.

Terrakion: 37%
Giratina-O: 29%

Start of turn 38!

Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 25% of its health!

Hail continues to fall!

Whatever. I've had enough of that thing.

Terrakion: 6%

Start of turn 39!

Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Dialga!

Alexis breeze's Dialga lost 16% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Dialga fainted!

Hail continues to fall!

Terrakion fainted!
Anang Rizki is watching the battle.

Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Kyogre!

Hm, I wonder if this is locoghoul wanting to give me a more respectable looking loss by saccing his Dialga, or is it that he wants to switch Kyogre in? If it's the first option, I thank you for your good-will, locoghoul =). It's kind of cool how I hit five Stone Edges in a row, doesn't happen that often, heh. I hit "Rapid Spin" although that's never going to happen, lol.

X Terrakion: Cyanide poisoned
X Dialga: Crushed by rocks
Forretress: 23%
Kyogre: 18%

Score: 2-4

Start of turn 40!

Alexis breeze's Kyogre used Scald!
Forretress lost 84 HP! (23% of its health)
Forretress fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

FREEZE ALL sent out Arceus-Water!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus-Water!
alexis breeze: gg
Arceus-Water was badly poisoned!

"gg"? What do you mean, "gg"? This party has just begun! So yeah, I had an interesting choice here. I decided to go for a Calm Mind first so if Kyogre has Thunder, it wouldn't do much at all, since he's obviously a physically bulky Kyogre with hardly any SpA investment whatsoever. I'll Refresh after that, then Recover off the damage.

X Forretress: Melted by boiling water

Kyogre: 24%
POSEIDON: 87%

Score: 1-4

(NOTE From now there will be no more sprites due to the 100 image limit)

Start of turn 41!

alexis breeze sent out Kyurem!
Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Kyurem!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem is exerting its Pressure!

Arceus-Water used Calm Mind!
Arceus-Water's Sp. Att. rose!
Arceus-Water's Sp. Def. rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Arceus-Water is hurt by poison!

Oh, so he doesn't have Thunder. Even better. This game is already won for me, it's only a matter of time.

POSEIDON: 81% (+1 SpA / +1 SpD)

Kyurem: 81%

Start of turn 42!

Arceus-Water used Refresh!
Arceus-Water's status cleared!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem used Substitute!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

It's a pity you can't actually see your opponent's face on these simulators, I can just imagine locoghoul's expression of "OH CRAP" right here.

POSEIDON: 81% (+1 SpA / +1 SpD)

Kyurem: 62%

Start of turn 43!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem used Dragon Tail!

Arceus-Water lost 84 HP! (18% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Water Arceus: And what was THAT supposed to be?

Sometimes, you have to make sacrifices for the greater good, see?

POSEIDON: 63% (+2 SpA / +2 SpD)

Kyurem: 68%

Start of turn 44!

Arceus-Water lost 79 HP! (17% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

alexis breeze: or maybe not
FREEZE ALL: =)

Of course not. Well, yeah it is gg, but with me as the victor.

POSEIDON: 46% (+3 SpA / +3 SpD)

Kyurem: 75%

Start of turn 45!

Arceus-Water used Recover!
Arceus-Water regained health!

Arceus-Water lost 32 HP! (7% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Oh my God. DON'T do that, although I guess it's the only way that I might lose, if Kyurem gets a damn freeze-hax on me. Fortunately, I'm alright, and Arceus continues on his merry way.

POSEIDON: 89% (+3 SpA / +3 SpD)

Kyurem: 81%

Start of turn 46!

Alexis breeze's Kyurem used Protect!
Alexis breeze's Kyurem protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

Okay, okay, +4/+4 is good enough, I reckon. I think it's time we recited a prayer while Arceus casts His divine Judgement.

POSEIDON: 89% (+4 SpA / +4 SpD)

Kyurem: 87%

Start of turn 47!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
Alexis breeze's Kyurem's substitute faded!

Arceus-Water lost 27 HP! (6% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

PLR0 is watching the battle.

Let's try Ezekiel 25:17 (Yes, I know it's not the actual Ezekiel 25:17, since they made half of it up for Samuel L Jackson to look cool, but let's just go along with it).

POSEIDON: 83% (+4 SpA / +4 SpD)

Kyurem: 93%

Start of turn 48!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
PLR0 stopped watching the battle.
Alexis breeze's Kyurem lost 93% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Kyurem fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Giratina-O!

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men."

X Kyurem: DROWN ALL'd
Giratina-O: 80%

Score: 1-3

Start of turn 49!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 74% of its health!

The attack of alexis breeze's Giratina-O missed!

Rain continues to fall!

"Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

Giratina-O: 6%

Start of turn 50!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O lost 6% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Giratina-O fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Kyogre!

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to POISON AND DESTROY MY BROTHERS!"

X Giratina-O: Vengeance is FUCKING SWEET
Kyogre: 12%

Score: 1-2

Start of turn 51!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre lost 13% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

alexis breeze: gg
alexis breeze: lol

alexis breeze sent out Excadrill!
Pointed stones dug into alexis breeze's Excadrill!

"AND YOU WILL KNOW, THAT MY NAME IS THE LORD,"

X Kyogre: DROWN ALL'd
Excadrill: 77%

Score: 1-1

FREEZE ALL: mind if I warstory this

FREEZE ALL: gg
alexis breeze: not at all

"WHEN I LAY MY VENGEANCE UPON THEE!"

Start of turn 52!

Arceus-Water used Surf!
It's super effective!
Anang Rizki stopped watching the battle.
Alexis breeze's Excadrill lost 78% of its health!
Alexis breeze's Excadrill fainted!

X Excadrill: DROWN ALL'd

Score: 1-0

FREEZE ALL won the battle!

Hehehe, that was fun. It shows that you're winning, you should never take anything for granted, while if you're losing, don't give up! If you read that Reti's Endgame Analysis before reading this warstory, technically, they are showing different ideas, but they do share the sort "holy crap, I just pulled the impossible feeling".

Props:
- The obligatory me and locoghoul for bringing you this game, locoghoul for playing really well, and me, well... me for winning.
- That Giratina-O. Oh my God, that Giratina-O.
- Kyurem - Well none of them did all THAT much, but the fact that we're using Kyurem in an Ubers team deserves a prop =).
- This battle. Seriously, I have been looking for a good battle in Ubers for ages.

Slops:
- The log. Yeah, some of the mistakes in the log was just weird and should not have happened, but whatever.
- Me, for playing like an idiot at the start
- Most of my Pokemon. Seriously, apart from Ho-oh and the obvious one-pony-army in Water Arceus, the only things most of my team ended up doing was being fodder.

The MVP is...

Shouldn't be surprising. I mean really, that thing practically won the game all by himself, lol. Nothing less from the PokeGod of the seas.

lol, I would have never expected it to be Water Arceus. I thought it was Ekiller. Had I known (or if it had gotten pulled out while phazing) I woulda kept Dialga healthier. And for that I blame Kyurem. Somewhat disappointed that he can't even 3HKO Ho-Oh (although Ho-Oh is a beast) with a +nature max SpAtk.

The gg was because I thought it didn't have Refresh. But good game after all, I know my team kinda sucks, I don't really have any offensive pokemon like you mentioned but at least I tried something different (for me anyways, I almost never use rain).

Thanks for the warstory, 52 turns must had taken some time.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is an excellent battle and really gives an insight into team building. Superb comments and a clean format, loved it. Clearly worth the wait.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fuck me, shrang you're amazing. That Giratina-o set is so annoying lol. You showed a different approach in making yourself "lose" in order to win. Outstanding warstory, keep it up man!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It doesn't have the usual bite or humor Shrang warstories tend to have, but the casual 'whatever' tone I've come to expect from you is there (more serious = less fun), you're clearly enjoying the game, your plans are sound, and surprisingly enough, actually worked. The way you spoke of the shocking endgame made me think it was going to be a little closer, but no, the sweep you alluded to went all according to plan.

But what really did it for me was the Pulp Fiction quotes. Oh my goodness.

Slops to Locoghoul too for the preemptive gg. Don't do it folks, it makes you look like an asshole.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
X Giratina-O: Vengeance is FUCKING SWEET
HELL YEAH! Man that thing was annoying; also the Pulp Fiction quotes were amazing. Literally chill inducing. Awesome warstory, and educational too, been reading all about Reti now :)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Makes me actually want to play ubers but I know next to nothing about the ubers metagame. For that reason, I don't think it's entirely fair for me to judge either the teams or the battle itself at all. I loved the comeback, and the way your wrote this war story. I also like loco's giratina set even though I don't really see a team full of phazers working out too well.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It was an ok match i guess but nothing special. As others said locoghoul's team is very weak to last mon boosters, and after you understood his team, going for this win condition was a no brainer. The format was excellent, the commentary was good, but the battle itself was rather mediocre and a bit boring tbh.

But that's just me, and anyway gj for posting an Uber warstory, because even god has forgot about Ubers lol.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I first watched the replay, and I was wondering what was so good about this battle - it's just shrang getting walled to death :o

But then CM Arceus used Refresh, and I loled.

Start of turn 10!
Ho-Oh used Brave Bird!
Alexis breeze's Kyogre lost 52% of its health!

Alexis breeze's Kyogre used Roar!

Kyurem was poisoned!
Kyurem was dragged out!

Rain continues to fall!

Hang on, how did my Kyurem not take damage from Stealth Rock? That's weird. Oh well, I guess that's a free 25% for my Kyurem then.

Come on Shrang. And honestly, I agree with Alexwolf. It was a pretty meh battle. Loco had zero shot of winning from the get-go.

Start of turn 43!

Arceus-Water lost 84 HP! (18% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

I think that's Dragon Pulse, not Dragon Tail? Because how the hay are you sposed to explain not being phazed out.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
last pokemon, agreeing with most posters that locoghouls team was pretty damn terrible and shrang had it in the bag from the get go. it was a nice surprise, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)