1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Ghosting Tournament - Round 3

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by Fatecrashers, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The Ghosting Tournament
    Or: The Powerful Creepers Tournament

[​IMG]

Approved by Earthworm :O

Original idea by Hipmonlee

Smogon Tournament Rules
    Round One
    Round Two

Ghosting - (v) The act of gaining knowledge of another person's Pokemon battle, whether through spectating or the viewing of pasted logs, and helping that person make his move selections during the Pokemon battle.

This is a tournament where ghosting is permitted and highly encouraged. Players will be competing as part of a team but each round only one player from each team will be battling. Ghosting and scouting has long been problems in other tournaments but this tournament laughs at these concepts and makes them its bitches.

Standard Rules

• Single elimination format
    • Matches are to be played on the Smogon University server on Pokemon Online
    • 5th Generation OU tournament
    • OHKO Clause
    • Evasion Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Wifi Clause

IMPORTANT!Tournament-specific Rules IMPORTANT!

• No Disallow Specs - for easy ghosting and scouting
    • No Battle Timeout - this allows you time to discuss strategy during the battle, but if you timestall your opponent on purpose, with no evidence to the contrary, I reserve the right to disqualify your team
    • 3 members per team
    • Each team shall nominate a captain either through PM or their team sign up post, he will be in charge of organizing team members, providing the opposing captain with available times, and making sure the team gets the battle done in a timely manner
    • Because of the ghosting element, who is actually battling for the team each round makes little difference, just make sure the battle gets done
    • There's nothing to stop you taking the advice of people not on your team, but remember that they may not always have your best interest at heart, and spies and backstabbers are everywhere...
    • All battle logs must be saved and PMed to me, I will post the battle logs in the thread at the end of each round. This should help you formulate a strategy for next round
    • If you have any Skype recordings, IRC logs, or PO logs of the ghosting discussions that go on, it would be nice if you PM those to me too, but this is not mandatory. These may be posted publicly to provide insight / entertainment.
    • You shall make your team name known to me either through PM or the sign up post, otherwise I will pick one for you and it will not be pretty.

List of teams (open)
    Signups:

Team McLovin - Alice, McMeghan, Stone_Cold
    PANELAND - Hantsuki, pi face, Rurushu
    Tutee Tourney Slammers - Sir, MikeDecIsHere, Leftiez
    Team herro dere - noodlez, badabing, Oristeros
    Team You Know Nothing Jon Snow Folgorio - Eo Ut Mortus, Iconic, idiotfrommars
    the nuggets - Earthworm, Heist, Hipmonlee
    Team PDudes^^ - toasdt, 13Random37, DaFlo
    Team SCHL√úSSELBEINBRUCH - Django Reinhart, CrashinBoomBang, Ginku

Match Ups

Team PDudes^^ vs Team McLovin

Team You Know Nothing Jon Snow Folgorio vs Team SCHLUSSELBEINBRUCH

the nuggets vs Team herro dere

PANELAND vs Tutee Tourney Slammers

You shall post in this thread to notify me that you have set up a time for battling with the opposing team's captain, you have 4 days to do this.

You have 8 days as of this post to complete your battle.

Remember to PM all battle logs to me. If you didn't save the log for whatever reason, the winners should PM their winning team to me.
  2. Fatecrashers

is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

3. Danilo

Danilo im a danilo!!!
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

damnnnnnnnnnnn. wont be hard to get done
  4. Leftiez

Leftiez *Stars*

Tutee tourney Slammers
  5. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

let's get it
  6. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

My team has defeated Team You Know Nothing Jon Snow Folgorio in a battle which I had everything to do with.

gg
  7. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry Iconic :(
  8. Ginku

Ginku Farbenprächtig
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

cbb and I defeated Eo

gg
  9. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang doing 3 teams at the month
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Foreman

yeah gg

dingo sucks
  10. Danilo

Danilo im a danilo!!!
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

we pokebattle this weekend
  11. Alice

Alice The worst taste in music

Contacted toastd (btw i'm the captain not stone >_>)
  12. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

we won gg
  13. badabing

badabing hevy hangs da hood,,

confirm gg
  14. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Also confirming.
  15. Alice

Alice The worst taste in music

MCLOVIN almost loses because those bastards didn't tell us in time that their rotom was bulky specs, but somehow he managed to WIN
  16. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

In a battle in which McMeghan had nothing to do with.
  17. Danilo

Danilo im a danilo!!!

havent seen hantsuki :(
  18. Hantsuki

Hantsuki Brazil's CO! :3
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

19. Danilo

Danilo im a danilo!!!

we got slammed GG
  20. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yeah, The Slammers got Slammed!

GG Paneland! ^_^
  21. pi face

pi face a
    is a Past SPL Winner

22. Fatecrashers

semis will be up later
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)