1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

The god of weather, Castform!

Discussion in 'BW NU' started by TheAlmightySkittles, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAlmightySkittles

TheAlmightySkittles

How about a conversation about Castform? He's more almighty than me!
  2. Hollywood

Hollywood sometimes I think I was born backwards
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Other Metas Leader

Castform is typically a fairly poor choice of a Pokemon in any tier; NU is truly no exception. You can pretty much find this out by reading the on-site analysis for Castform found here. Its only set is called "Everybody Look At Me I'm Using Castform."

I'd be all for a legitimate discussion on the merits of Castform if I felt that there were any. Typically when posting a thread to discuss a Pokemon, it's good to bring up some discussion points in order to lead users as to what exactly you would like to discuss. In the case of Pokemon that seem mediocre that you have had success with, it helps to make an argument justifying its usage on a team.

Anyways, just a few suggestions for you. [:
  3. JoshuaMunoz

JoshuaMunoz

Castform is generally an outclassed weather abuser. It doesn't have any over-the-top stats, it has a poor offensive typing, though it has good coverage. Base 70 stats across the board makes it a poor choice of a Pokemon in NU, even PU.

I don't have much to say other than that, but if you're using Castform in a competitive team, you're definitely doing it wrong.
  4. Captain

Captain
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Castform should be allowed in LC :evan:
  5. TheAlmightySkittles

TheAlmightySkittles

Timid nature, expert belt, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP with rain dance, weather ball, thunder, ice beam, but castform does suck...
  6. TheAlmightySkittles

TheAlmightySkittles

This thread sucks.
    Nozzle likes this.
  7. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

if you say so
    Nozzle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)