1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Goldenteam (Weatherless)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Superpowerdude, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude "The Phone-Post King"
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

The Goldenteam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Introduction[​IMG]

Hey there! Alot of you have seen me around on the forums and i am back with another ou team! I have been wanting to make another ou team around Latias for a while because it is my favourite pokemon and i think i have finally got a good one i have used Reflect CM Latias alot in the past and the first step for me making this team was to use the best Latias set possible. I eventaully decided on Sub+CM Latias because when using any other Latias set it is very open to status as Latias is probally the biggest Toxic bait in the game in my opinion. Also seeing as Latias is a great late game sweeper it makes it a magnificent choice to base a whole team around. This team uses a core of Mamoswine and Magnezone that Gamester posted in the "OU Cores in BW2" thread by -Rockstar-. I really liked the core as Mamoswine can check dragons and Magnezone counters steels which are two problems for any dragon-type. I also wanted to play around with a bit of parashuffling to aid Latias as apposed to spike stacking which is what i usually do. This team gets its name from Latias's shiny sprite which looks so awesome and the fact that her name is Gold interastingly all my pokemon are named after a stone/mineral/element. The team may also get its name becasue of the value each team member has to the whole team, but not really the team is named "The Goldenteam" because i couldn't think of anything else. Also if you like the team please leave a Luvdisc :) After I had the core down dor my team i added in Jirachi as a Stealthrocker. I Usually go for Heatran when looking for a Stealthrocker but i went with Jirachi beacause Heatran's Fighting-Type weakness would really hurt my team as Mamoswine and Magnezone share this weakness. Once Jirachi was in my team i knew i had a good para-spreading poke as well since he has the combo of Serene Grace and Body Slam. I wanted another parashuffler on my team and i settled for Dragonite. Dragonite also made my team look a little bit like a Drag'n'Mag team if you studied it in the team preview. With Dragonite and Multiscale i knew i needed a rapid spinner i settled on Starmie because of its fighting resist and its ability to help me against rain teams as well. This team was going good for a while but then i noticed Dragonite wasnt really pulling his weight so i took him out of the team. Without him i can't paralyze as much threats so i thought i was in need for a scarfer so i went with Terrakion. With Terakion on my team and not Dragonite my team didnt really need a spinner to badly so i changed Starmie for Rotom-W. Rotom-W could spread paralarysis around with Thunderwave and i was happy. Now my team became a little weak to some Fighting-Types and very weak to Conkeldurrs so I then changed Terrakion to Celebi as an extra check to rain threats as well as a pokemon that could use Thunderwave and ohko Conkeldurr with Psychic. After this I rmt'd the team and a few helpful people suggested my weakness to a few physical sweepers namely Scizor and Lucario. Volcarona was also a threat so i tried Scarf Landorus and Substitute+Dragon Dance Gyarados eventaully falling upon Gyarados. All in all this is my favourite team i have ever made, please leave a rate, luvdisc or even just tell me your thoughts on the team you know the drill guys:)

[​IMG]Team At a Glance[​IMG]

|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|

[​IMG]Past Members[​IMG]
    Show Hide
    |[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|

[​IMG]In Depth Look[​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Copper[​IMG]
    (Jirachi) @ Leftovers[​IMG]
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Punch
    - Body Slam
    - Wish

Nowadays alot of people carry either specially defensive Jirachi or Substitute + Calm Mind Jirachi to check Tornadus-T and Latios. My team is no exception as it uses Jirachi's great defensive typing, neat base 100 Hp and special defense to make him quite bulky once those stats are maxed out. However it is Jirachi's support options that really make him shine on my team. Jirachi acts as my Special Wall taking Draco Meteors and Ice Beams that are found on every team. Jirachi also provides my team with invaluable support in the form of Wish granting itself reliable healing to take more special assaults or to pass to a team mate so they can stay healthy. Jirachi is also my Stealthrocker which is an absolute essential move to any team that doesnt want a Dragonite and Volcarona sweeping them among others. Body Slam is used so Jirachi can paralyze ground type switch ins like Donphan and Hippowdon something that the move Thunderwave cant do as well as paralyze Magic Bounce Espeon without getting worried about being paralyzed back. Fire Punch although it may seem odd helps me greatly against Scizor and the newly released Genesect. The ev spread chosen with a careful nature helps ensure i can take heaps of special hits and attack back with Body Slam this is especially useful against Latios who hates getting paralyzed. Leftovers is also the obvious option for recovery. The 64 evs into speed are used to outspeed Jolly Swords Dance Scizor so i can hit it with a Fire Punch

---------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Sapphire[​IMG]
    Saphire (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers[​IMG]
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 176 HP / 120 Atk / 212 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Bounce
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance

Gyarados is the latest addition to my team. He helps alot on taking on the fighting types my team has trouble with like Lucario but he also helps when versing Swords Dance Scizor. With Intimidate Gyarados often helps me cripple physical attackers unless they switch out often granting Gyarados a free Substitute or Dragon Dance. He hits incredibly hard and helps soften up Speciall Walls for Latias to sweep such as Blissey, Heatran, and Jirachi. Intimidate is his major asset and helps him set up as well as eases the pressure on my team from strong physical attacker. Dragon Dance also helps turn Gyarados into a sweeper and Subtitute is used to block status and is a great tool on any pokemon when combined with paralarysis support. Waterfall and Bounce are his to stabs that form good all round coverage helping my team combat sun seeing as there usual flying resist (Heatran) gets hit incredibly hard with a Waterfall and there Grass-Types get hit hard with Bounce. His Substitutes also help to block Venasaurs Sleep Powder. This attribute of Gyarados is very good as generally weatherless teams have big problems with sun. The only thing i dislike about Gyarados more then the previous members in this slot is his Stealth Rock weakness, but the pro's far outweigh the con's. The ev spread is a slightly bulkier one then usual and has 212 speed eves to outspeed Tornadus-T after a Dragon Dance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Emerald[​IMG]
    (Celebi) @ Life Orb[​IMG]
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder Wave
    - Recover

Celebi is a pokemon on my team whose role is quite similar to that of my Jirachi he counters alot of rain threats he spreads paralarysis, he provides a useful resistances however he is not as defensive. The reason why i have Celebi? Offensive pressure. My team would get handeled by Genesect before this little guy came on board and now it can destroy Genesect with Hidden Power [Fire] as well as Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress. Another reason why he is good is because it provides my team with a more offensive pivot. It works quite similarilty to Jirachi in the sense that it Paralyses switch-ins except it can also smash switch ins with a powerul Leafstorm. Recover is needed on this set so Celebi can actaully survive with seven weaknesses and Life Orb reciol. Modest and Life Orb are used to hit as hard as possible. Another thing a like about Celebi is Natural Cure giving my team a status absorber although with Substitute on Gyarados and Latias they can do it to Celebi can simply switch straight into a pokemon like Gastrodon take a Toxic then while it switches out Thunderwave the switch in.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Bronze[​IMG]
    (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb[​IMG]
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Spear
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake

This wolly mamoth stood there frozen as the new fighting types of B/W rolled in and took no mercy all of this changed when B/W2 same out. Mamoswine got its dream world ability Thick Fat giving it a Ice-Type resist and neutral against Fire-Type moves. Additionally with all the Therians, Gliscor, dragons, and Brelooms running around Mamoswine has found a spot on many teams needing to dedicate a moveslot to the new threats. Thats not all that Mamoswine does however, he mainly clears out any dragons hindering Latias and forms pokemon #1 of my offensive core. Alot of people use Icicle Crash>Icicle Spear and i am not sure why Icicle Spear has 100% accuracy and lets you take on Gliscor behind a Substitute. Ice Shard provides needed priority against some Breloom dragon dancing dragons as well as Choice Scarf Salamence. Earthqauke is another stab move which hits a rare steel switch in hard as well as being my most powerful move against bulky waters. Superpower is my hardest hitting move against Blissey/Chansey and Ferrothorn. Jolly Nature is used to outspeed Jolly Breloom, Adamant Toxicroak, Adamant Lucario, and Adamant Mamoswines which Adamant fails to do.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Silver[​IMG]
    (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs[​IMG]
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunder
    - Flash Cannon

Magnezone is pokemon #2 in my core and much like Mamoswine is responsible for taking out dragons Magnezone is importanat for trapping and taking out steels. There are two main reasons i went with Choice Specs Magnezone over any other Magnezone set. If my opponent Switches out a steel with Shed Shell I can hit the switch in very hard but more importantly since i dont have a weather effect of my own i needed the extra power to smash steels in rain Choice Specs Hidden Power Fire in rain 2hkos Ferrothorn. Magnezone also helps against hail teams you would be suprised how far spamming Flash Cannon goes on your opponents Keurem, Abomasnow and Froslass. Volt Swith is for the Obvious scouting and is my main move against Skarmory and Thunder is for stab damage and to combat the rain teams that are so common nowadays. There is really no need for Thunderbolt when you can use either Volt Switch or Thunder.
    ---------------------------------------------
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Gold[​IMG]
    (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers[​IMG]
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse

Aaaah the star of my team and pokemon #3 in my offensive core. Latias is a machine it synregizes really well typing wise with my team and is pretty much a win condition for me if my opponent has no dragons, steels and if he has a paralyzed pokemon or two. I have experimented with a lot of Latias sets and this is by far the best. The only flaw in this set is the fact that since Dragon Pulse is the only attacking move Steels and Blissey are troublesome but they easily get handeled by my core and then this set can really do work. With the rise of Breloom Substitute on Latias is extremely good in making sure Latias can avoid the Spore. Latias is also MAJOR TOXIC BAIT and Substitute says fuck you to all the people that try it serves them right as well :). Substitute also shields Latias from a game changing critical hit. Calm Mind is obvious to make Latias's subs harder to break and to more importantly boost its Special Attack through the roof! Recover is also awesome so Latias can heal up Substitute and proir damage. Max hp and speed so Latias can get a Substitute in there quickly and so they are very bulky. Leftovers also helps with recovery.

[​IMG]Importable[​IMG]
    Code:
    [LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Copper (Jirachi) @ Leftovers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Serene Grace[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Stealth Rock[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Fire Punch[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Body Slam[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Wish[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Sapphire (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Intimidate[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: [/COLOR][COLOR=darkorange]176 HP / 120 Atk / 212 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Waterfall[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Substitute[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Bounce[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Dragon Dance[/COLOR] [/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Emerald (Celebi) @ Life Orb[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Natural Cure[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: 232 HP / 240 SAtk / 36 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Leaf Storm[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Hidden Power [Fire][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Thunder Wave[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Recover[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Bronze (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Thick Fat[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Ice Shard[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Icicle Spear[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Superpower[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Earthquake[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Silver (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Magnet Pull[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Volt Switch[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Hidden Power [Fire][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Thunder[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Flash Cannon[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=darkorange]Gold (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Trait: Levitate[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Calm Mind[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Substitute[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Recover[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkorange]- Dragon Pulse[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[​IMG]Conclusion[​IMG]

So that is the team! It is a really great team to use weatherless offense has to be my favourite playing style and if you have checked other rmts of mine you will know that i absolutely love basing teams around a single sweeper. I want to give some credit to Abosolete because my rmt format is based of his beutiful rmt "Celestial Beings" i would also like to thank Gamester for posting the core of Mamoswine and Magnezone although there are probally alot of others that utilise this core i copied the sets he posted -Rockstar- also deserves a shout out for creating the "OU Cores in the Bw2 Metagame" thread. Oh and of course Lava Cookie and Dr Ciel for the help you have given me with this team and in Dr Ciel's case for testing this team on Showdown. Also all you people who give Luvdisc's and rates! Although not an actaul person Serebii and Pokecheck deserve my thanks for the sprites and nuggets :) I am currently un able to get on Pokemon Showdown and i have been using this team on Pokemon Online on the andriod app i hope to get back on Showdown quickly and start versing ya'll thanks for reading :)

[​IMG]Final Glance[​IMG]

|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]|

[​IMG]~Superpowerdude
  2. Asek

Asek A heart of stone, a smoking gun
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Hey,

Wow, not only is your team very well presented, it looks like a very good team too. I'm just suggesting some small things for your team here.

First, you should definitely consider using Jolly > Adamant on Mamoswine. Although you may miss a guaranteed OHKO on the genies after SR or whatever Adamant does, the abilty to outspeed opposing Adamant Mamoswine as well as speed creep Adamant Toxicroak and Lucario is a fairly good trade off, as otherwise they all look troublesome for your team, Lucario with Crunch especially. Once Toxicroak / Lucario has used Swords Dance it could very well mean GG for your team as they can hit all of your team members hard.

Since you have 2 very good paralysis users already, I thought that Thunder Wave was a bit redundant on Rotom-W. Instead, try out Will-O-Wisp > Thunder Wave in order to cripple all physical attackers in OU not named Conkelldurr, and it can also aid your Latias and Celebi immensely if you can get a burn onto the opponent's U-Turn user which makes Latias's sweeping easier, and Celebi's opportunities to come in more frequent.Will-O-Wisp also causes switches, and if you predict you can find yourself with an opportunity to Pain Split on the opponents switch, keeping you nice and healthy.

GL with the team
  3. afterburn

afterburn Villain of some untold story
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey, really cool team you got here. I see a weakness to Quiver Dance Volcarona which although doesn't get a ton of opportunities, will set-up on a Magnezone choice-locked into Flash Cannon after something on its own team goes down. From there it will boost up and proceed to one shot everything on the team with a boosted Fiery Dance or Bug Buzz. Swords Dance Terrakion also looks troublesome if it nabs a boost on Magnezone's Hidden Power Fire, again it can run through your team as well with a little prior damage. It's not as troublesome as Volcarona though, as you can revenge it with Latias's Dragon Pulse after defense drops.

I would try a Choice Scarf Landorus over Rotom-W. What you lose by taking out Rotom-W is one check to rain, but you have Latias and Celebi to stomach the boosted Surf and Hydro Pumps and to take out things like Politoed and Tentacruel, while Jirachi and Mamoswine can handle Tornadus and Thundurus-T (Landorus can revenge them too if you use it). Landorus acts as an efficient revenge killer against Volcarona, Terrakion with a Swords Dance boost, Scrafty too since you don't have anything for it after a boost (do people still use it??), and is added insurance against Dragon Dancers if Mamoswine goes down, with HP Ice. It also forms a synergistic duo with Magnezone, and having near-flawless typing synergy, as well as luring out Skarmory attempting to take an Earthquake or Stone Edge as you U-turn to Magnezone to trap. Magnezone does the same by luring out stuff like Heatran, Volt Switching, and bringing in Landorus to EQ, a valuable to tool to gain momentum over the other team. The moves are straightfoward, however on the slot you can choose Superpower or HP Ice. Superpower has the benefit of KOing Terrakion and Heatran with an Air Balloon, and kills DD Scrafty as well, if those are still running around. Feel free to use HP Ice if you want further insurance against Gliscor...

Choice Scarf Landorus (open)

[​IMG]
    Landorus @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -Atk) Naive if using HP Ice
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Superpower / Hidden Power [Ice]

Solid team, and GL!
  4. Superpowerdude

Mentor

@Asek thanks for the rate! You seem right about rotom and i will try will-o-wisp and of course jolly mamoswine. After i have tested rotom wash with will-o-wisp i will move on to testing afterburns scarf landorous and if i go with that i will probally change back to adamant on mamoswine

@afterburn thanks for the rate aswell! after testing out Aseks changes i will move on to your landorous which looks awesome on paper. i think i might go with superpower in the last slot because i can just u-turn out to mamoswine if need be.

thankyou both of you and the people that luvdisced thus far both your rates look fantastic guys thanks for the help keep the rates coming people
  5. Lava Cookie

Lava Cookie

Hey thanks for the shout out Superpowerdude! you and me both know this team kicks ass, if i can think of something worth rating i'll edit this post, good luck with this team :) Luvdisc'd
  6. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Thanks for the kind words Lava Cookie and the Luvdisc and ikr this team is awesome.
    Also I am in the process of testing the changes above Landorous has benn looking pretty good thus far :)
  7. asterat

asterat

You are ridiculously weak to SD lucario, latias outspeeds, but can't do much and everything else is raped. For this reason I second Jolly mamoswine. To help you deal with volcarona and counter genesect, you could try SpD heatran over jirachi, with something like SR/Toxic/Protect/lava plume.
  8. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Thanks a whole lot for the shout out Superpowerdude! This team is pretty sweet, that we both know. I'll edit this post when I feel like rating. Keep up the good work bro!
  9. Nova

Nova Samsung Alpaca
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Hi Superpowerdude

Solid team you have here and one that is very well presented. I do have some suggesions I'd like to offer to help improve it. Looking at your team, a major threat to is is Quiver Dance Volcarona as previously mentioned by afterburn. After a Quiver Dance, the moth outspeeds your entire team and deals major damage with its combination of Bug Buzz and Fire type STAB. Other offensive threats include Swords Dance Lucario and Flame Charge Heatran. Swords Dance Lucario can fire off powerful STAB Close Combats that will hurt even unboosted and use Bullet Punch and Extremespeed to "outspeed" Latias. If you allow him to grab a +2 boost, he can easily run through your team. Lastly, although rare, Flame Charge Heatran can be threatening by boosting its Speed and firing off powerful attacks with its monstrous base 130 Special Attack. For these threats, I suggest replacing Rotom-W with a Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados with a moveset of Substitute / Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Bounce. Sub DD Gyarados benefits your team in a number of ways. First, he can check all the aforementioned threats, Gyarados resists both of Volcarona's STABs, can drop Lucario's Attack stat with Intimidate, and can weather blows from Heatran and fire back with Waterfall. Secondly, Gyarados provides you with a boosting sweeper that you currently lack which is useful against stall teams as sometimes unboosted attacks just won't be able to muscle through walls. Substitute compliments his ability to beat stall, protecting him from status and Leech Seed. Intimidate is one of the best abilities in the game, allowing you to check many physical threats and provide easier opportunities to set up. A common scenario is to bring in Gyarados on a Scizor, drop Scizor's attack stat and Sub down on the forced switch behind which you can now easily Dragon Dance up. Waterfall and Bounce provide nearly unresisted coverage. As previously mentioned, Rotom-W is your most replaceable member as other Pokemon on your team can cover much the same threats he currently does.

Now for some other changes. On Jirachi, I suggest trying Iron Head over Fire Punch. Fire Punch is nice for taking out the likes of Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Genesect but you are already using Magnezone who handles those Steel types quite nicely. Iron Head will give you that deadly paraflinch combination along with Body Slam and hits Tyranitar and Terrakion hard. On Mamoswine, I recommend using a Jolly Nature over Adamant. Jolly Mamoswine outspeeds max speed Timid Heatran and you can outspeed Jolly Breloom's Mach Punch with a faster Ice Shard. Jolly Mamoswine helps with your Lucario weakness to a lesser extent if Lucario is Adamant and lacks Bullet Punch but you will already have a solid check in Gyarados.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:
    Show Hide

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spd
    -Substitute
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce

tl;dr
    Show Hide

Rotom-W ----> Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados
    Fire Punch on Jirachi ----> Iron Head
    Adamant Nature on Mamoswine ----> Jolly Nature
  10. Electrolyte

Electrolyte Spring break, motherfucker
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Hi,

I got your PM- this team looks really nice! A lot of people here have already posted a lot of good ideas- including Choice Scarf Landorus and WoW on Rotom-W. Aside from a slight Fire type weakness (Volcorona, Heatran, and Infernape all give this team trouble) it looks pretty good!

Landorus is a great suggestion, but I think just plain out giving Rotom a Scarf is another good idea. Because you lack a phazer, you rely on offensive pressure/status to force your opponents out- making TR Reuniclus another big problem for your team (though Jirachi handles it ok outside of TR) Being able to Trick set up sweepers is a lot safer, IMO. With a Scarf, Rotom-W also gains the ability to scout and revenge kill Rain sweepers and Fire types.

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    ~Volt Switch
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Hydro Pump
    ~Trick

Rotom-W can Trick a scarf onto a lot of set up pokemon, crippling them. Volcorona becomes much less of a threat when it's scarved, as is Lucario and most offensive/defensive threats to this team. It's Hydro Pump makes short work of Ground types that threaten Jirachi. Volt Switch allows you to scout, while TBolt is a more reliable STAB that hits water types hard.

Now for some minor nitpicks: Mamoswine needs a Jolly nature so it can outspeed Breloom and Ice Shard it. Magnezone needs a Timid nature so it can be as fast as possible and hit things hard.

It looks great! Good luck!
  11. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Hey thankyou for all the rates people! :) i would like to say that all the rates content and presentation are great and i am thoroughly impressed by all of you. I want to thank all of you for your great suggestions in either changing rotoms set or replacing it with a pokemon that can handle Lucario as well as other threats easier. Also I guess i will go with Jolly on Mamoswine after all but after i have tested all these suggestions if i decide i want to go with Scarf Landorus i think i will keep him Adamant thanks for the rates and luvdisc's everyone it is greatly appreciated :)
  12. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Bump more rates and luvdisc's please ;)
  13. TGMD

TGMD +Biosci: you both gave me crabs
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Tournament Winner

Hey Superpowerdude, nice team and presentation.

First of all; the first time I used Specs Magnezone I literally never clicked Thunderbolt, ever. Specs Volt Switch hits everything notable hard enough anyway, so I suggest you go with Thunder or Sleep Talk over Thunderbolt on Magnezone. Thunder destroys rain, simple as that, the power it brings to the table is freaking amazing and that combined with 100% Accuracy when up against rain teams is almost too good to pass up. Thunder also has a nice 30% Para chance, making it easy to spread paralysis along with your other 3 pokemon with Thunder Wave / Body Slam. Sleep Talk may seem like a weid option, but trust me it works. Sleep Talk means that you dont have to sleep fodder anything on your team if an Amoongus or other sleep-inducing pokemon comes in, and although you have Celebi for absorbing status, it's pretty easy for your opponent to predict a switch out to something else and spore again / take out Celebi with a few Clear Smog's.

One big threat I noticed is Jolly SD Scizor, it outspeeds magnezone and takes it out with Superpower and it outspeeds your entire team except for Latias (who can't do anything to Scizor) and Mamoswine (who is killed by Bullet Punch), basically, although Jolly SD Scizor is rare it can very easily sweep your team after a bit of preperation. To fix this I suggest you change Jirachi's EV spread to: 252 HP / 192 SDef / 64 Spe. This allows you to outspeed Jolly Scizor and stop it from sweeping your team while still maintaining Jirachi's amazing special bulk. Unfortunately Jirachi dosen't get the Guarenteed OHKO on Scizor with Fire Punch, but after LO and Stealth Rock damage / Defense drop it becomes a guarenteed OHKO.

I also agree with Novaray on Gyrados over Rotom-W, although it has an irritating Stealth Rock weakness on a team without a spinner, it takes out big threats, most notable of which being Volcarona, who quite simply beats your team after coming in on Magnezone locked into Flash cannon. Although afterburn's suggestion of Landorus will work just as well minus the Stealth Rock weakness, unfortunately it opens up way to big of a Mamoswine problem. Gyrados will also help with Jolly SD Scizor, but I still recommend the speed EVs on Jirachi because a common partner for Scizor is Rotom-W forcing you to switch out and then Scizor can just come back in after the Volt Switch, also without the speed on Jirachi there will be too much pressure on Gyrados, and Gyrados can only switch in on Stealth Rock so many times.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)
  14. shrang

shrang Defend the Headquarters of Revolution
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, like everyone else, I'm going to say that Volcarona pretty much roflstomps you if it gets a free switch. Those with Substitute can even set up on your paralysis inducing Pokemons. I'm also going to extend this weakness to Volcarona to sun teams in general, something a lot of weatherless teams have trouble with in general. Stuff like Venusaur can get very threatening very quickly, while I guess you do have Mamoswine and Latias to check Venusaur. Also, because of the slow nature of your defensive Pokemon (and the lack of Fire attacks), the rare Jolly Swords Dance + 3 attacks Scizor can also destroy your team very quickly. SD Lucario with Crunch can also prove problematic.

Due to this, I'd recommend running some Speed onto Jirachi so you can outspeed all non-Scarfed Scizors. It needs 64 Speed EVs to do, so something like 252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe Careful would do well. If Lucario gets annoying, you can pump that to 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe Jolly. As for your sun weakness, it's hard to do much about, apart from maybe replace Magnezone with a Heatran variant. Air Balloon lets you take on all Volcarona variants, although the one turn use can be a little annoying. Choice Specs isn't bad for the most part, although HP Ground will prove costly.

As for the rest of your team, it looks alright, although the lack of speed on your team means stuff like Thundurus-T can get very annoying. Due to this, I'm with everyone with saying that slapping a Choice Scarf on Rotom-W is a good idea.

Otherwise, good luck.
  15. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Thankyou Shrang and The Great Mighty Doom for your rates! The Jirachi ev spread is a definite yes and as other people have mentioned Rotom-W is either the most replacable member of the team or his set has to change I am currently testing Scarf Rotom-W, Scarf Landorous-I and Substitute Dragon Dance Gyarados i am sort of leaning towards Gyara at the moment but i will have to do a little more testing.

Accepted changes
    .Thunder--->Thunderbolt on Magnezone
    .252 Hp / 192 SDef / 64 Spd---> 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Spd on Jirachi

keep up the rates people!
  16. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Bumping again because Rotom-W was ditched for the mighty Gyarados! now Lucario and Swords Dance Scizor aren't really threats anymore :) Thankyou Novaray and The Great Mighty Doom for suggesting that!
  17. Lava Cookie

Lava Cookie

Hey Superpowerdude,

I was play-testing with your team and i noticed that when using Gyarados, it didn't really need the power of your current set to take out some of the threats. And instead i suggest Bulky Dragon Dance>Substitute Dragon Dance this IMO is a much better set especially without a spinner i noticed Gyarados doesnt have the longitivity it needs to last an entire battle, even with Intimidate I prefer the Gyardos to be bulkier so it can last longer and intimidate more pokemon. The power drop isn't really to bad with the offensive nature of this team.

So good luck this team! Just somthing worth trying :)

Set:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 176 HP / 128 Atk / 204 Spe
    -Dragon Dance
    -Taunt / Substitute
    -Waterfall
    -Bounce / Stone Edge
  18. Colonel M

Colonel M I don't suck it's my team that sucks!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Bump your Gyarados's Speed to 212. This allows Gyarados to outspeed Tornadus-T after a Dragon Dance.

I also have to possibly agree with trying out the bulkier spread, but it's up to you. I use 176 HP / 120 Atk / 212 Spd with an Adamant nature, but you can try adjusting it to how you want to take hits. The current spread at least makes most Jellicent's Shadow Ball land at 24% tops, making it impossible to bust a Substitute while still retaining a lot of your power.
  19. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Thanks Colonel M and Lava Cookie the bulkier spread has been working better with the 212 spe evs :) i will edit the rmt later because i am currently on my phone
  20. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Bump i have edited Mamosinwes nature to Jolly i run the bulier spread on Gyarados thanks to Colonel M and Lava Cookie and i run Hidden Power [Fire] on Celebi to deal with Scizor, Genesect and Ferrothorn
  21. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Hi, got the PM.

I have to say this is the best weatherless team I've seen in quite a while. All the teammates work together well and create a nice synergy that you don't see too often anymore. Also, the offensive core is pretty cool - Magnezone + Mamoswine + Gyarados almost unstoppable.

I really have no clue what to tell you. Good team? Lol. I'm going to try this out on ladder ASAP. For now, all I can do is Luvdisc and tell you great job.
  22. Superpowerdude

Mentor

@Lavos Spawn wow man thanks for the kind words and Luvdisc :) Also tell me how you went using my team! Weatherless teams are usually my favourite to use.

@A l e x a n d e r thanks :) i am glad you like the team

And thanks to the people who have given Luvdiscs keep the rates coming!
  23. sandtyrant

sandtyrant

Hey man, very nice-looking sand team. I've found only one weakness: Genesect. This Pokemon can hit every member of your team(with the exception of thick fat Mamoswine) for super effective damage with Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and STAB Bug moves. It seems you have no real counter to this 'mon, as Magnezone(if I've calculated well, as I don't understand very well how the calculator I'm curretly using works) is outspeeded and OKHOed, as Celebi is. Latias takes heavy damage from U-Turn and Bug Buzz and a combo of U-Turn and Flamethrower OKHOes Jirachi. Is the same for Mamoswine, as after some U-Turns, he is OKHOed by Bug Buzz. A good solution against non-scarfed sets would be replacing Magnezone's Specs with a Scarf, but there's still the CS variant, that could be checked by a Specially Defensive Heatran. It's hard for me to find which pokemon replace with Heatran, as your team has been built very well and every member is important. If you don't want Heatran, I think you should find another good counter to Genesect.
    I hpoe this idea will help you and good luck with this fantastic team!
  24. Kidogo

Kidogo

As others have said, this is a very solid team, especially for weatherless--it's much harder IMO to build a team without the structure of a weather to support you. The synergy here seems really nice, so I don't have a ton to add.

Of all the threats to this team, volcarona leaps out at me as the most prominent, even with gyarados on the team. At +1, it OHKOs 5/6 of the team members and sets up on latias and magnezone locked into anything but thunder (and the chestoresto set can set up on anything but mamo and gyara). Meanwhile, if gyara is down, it's an instant gg at +1. An easy solution to this would be to replace jirachi with heatran, which can literally take on all the responsibilities you outlined in your post that rachi fills. Furthermore, it gives you a better genesect check, something you could probably use. It does make you a bit weaker to SDscizor, as heatran needs very significant investment to outspeed it, but gyara + magnezone should be able to handle it.

Other than volc, it seems like terrakion could really threaten the team--at +2, it OHKOs everything and outspeeds everything but latias, who doesn't get near OHKOing him. Atm, your only hope to deal with him is through a combination of ice shard + dpulse + intimidate, which involves sacrificing multiple pokes and is not very reliable. However, there is a much easier solution for all of this: make gyarados scarf moxie. While this does limit your set-up capabilities, you currently have nothing faster than latias, so this will lend some much-needed speed to your team while checking a dangerous threat. Since you already have a set-upper in latias, this set will fit much better with your team (and can sweep almost as effectively).

I hope the suggestions help, and feel free to ignore them if they're not to your preference. GL with the team!
  25. Superpowerdude

Mentor

@ sandtyrant thanks for the rate! When i posted this team it was just befor Genesect got realeased into OU so usaully my best bet is to Fire Punch with Jirachi or get Celebi to Lure him in then hit hime with a Hidden Power [Fire] But even then Genesect in the rain is very dangerous and i have to rely on baiting him into going for Thunder on Gyarados then switch into Magnezone and trap it.

@ Kidogo hey thanks for the rate. Heatran is a good idea to help against Genesect but i am afraid it makes me quite fighting weak and changing Gyarados from the bulky set doesn't really help my fighting weakness either however i will test those changes anyway because of the benefits you mentioned (Genesect, getting a revenge killer)

Thanks for the comments guys!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)