1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Goldenteam (Weatherless)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Superpowerdude, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Ames

Ames

This is my personal favourite weatherless team at the moment, great work - it is not easy to concieve something that can stand up to the vast majority of current threats. I love not only the Zone-Mamo-Latias core but the secondary synergy of Gyarados and tinkerbell. I have used that combo and know how awesome it is - although I ran it with Moxie sub gyara. Have you tried Moxie or is Intimidate just too good for the team?

Edit: Yeah I ran intimidate first but most of the stuff you switch gyara into can't really hurt it too much anyway (unless your bulkier spread allows it to get a sub up on physical attacks which can usually break the sub otherwise) while moxie often turns one turn of set up into a win, especially in rain.
  2. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude is an official Custom Title Rater
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for the kind words Ames! Yeah weatherless teams are my favourite type and i am glad it is your favourite one :) No i haven't tried Moxie over Intimidate they both have their uses and i am not the type of person to turn dow a suggestion before trying it so i will give Moxie a try!
  3. Ames

Ames

Another problem I just realised... how the hell do you deal with scarf Genesect? It is on every second team and can cause huge problems when paired with a voltswitcher.
  4. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude is an official Custom Title Rater
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

As mentioned before Ames that usaully i try lure him in and hit him with a Hp Fire on Celebi or Fire Punch with Jirachi. He gives me quite a bit of problems when enountered on a rain team for this reason so usually i have to bait him into going for Thunder on Gyarados then switch in Magnezone to trap him. I am currently testing Heatran>Jirachi for this very reason

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)