Gen 3 The Great Wall of Chi..[NU]

Yes, here it is the Greatest NU stall ever, well maybe not but it works wonders when i use it, people never want to see the words "protect" or toxic ever again :D. This team is about abusing the shit out of toxic/protect. With some spikes factored in.

Team Great Wall of Chi[NU](pronounced Chi-Nuh, get it?)

Glalie (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Spikes
- Toxic

Ok, this is the best lead i could find, and it really does its job well. Its job is to Scout movesets, spike, and possibly toxic. It counters other Glalie leads because when they try to explode, i just protect and lol. Protect+toxic combo #1 and secondary physical wall.

Whiscash (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 72 Def / 28 SAtk / 88 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Surf

Testing this over trapinch atm, it adds another toxic and absorbs Rockslides like a champ. I lose the huge damage from Trapinch CB quake though=/. Considering making it Whirlpool for the trapping effect with toxic. Or even making it CB.

Parasect (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Spore

No one ever uses this, its a shitty vileplume. But i like it because it can aromatherapy, helps me block Thunderbolts and sleeps stuff(100% acuracy 4tw). The key reason is that it resists fighting, which is really hard to find in NU. HP bug for chimechos/giraffs. Giga drain for 2ndary stab and whiscash/relicanth/sudowoodo. If i see fire or flying i run to the hills(Wigglytuff/relicanth)!

Relicanth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 24 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ancientpower
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic

Main physical wall, could make it more bulky but im not. Ancient power because i love giving myself false hope that it hits something, and i get the boost. EQ for sudowoodo/other relicanths and mawile(who hurts this team alot). Toxic+protect Combo #2.

Noctowl (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SAtk / 164 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

No protect on this, because i wanted to have a phazer. This thing has sick Sdef, and is immune to EQ. And can set reflect up. Psychic is for those poisons and noobs who think hitmonchan is nu:/.(umby im looking at you). Oh, and insomnia rocks.

Wigglytuff (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish

This just, to put it in simple terms, doesnt die. It really can not die, unless there is a Reversal Raticate with a SD it doesnt die. I chose toxic over counter, to fit with the theme of my team. Toxic+protect Combo #3. Wish passer as well as Main special wall, but can wall pretty much everything.

Problems:
-Bulky Sleep talkers, and even resters are near impossible to kill, without some luck, and trapinch being alive or them phailing and letting me spore them. This mainly applies to Relicanth, wailord and pokemon such as those.
-Other spikers make this team difficult to stall with, but its not a big issue.
-People that have fought this team before like to change their plusle to HP ice/fire before we fight, to kill my parasect.
-HITMONCHAN (HE IS UU GOD DAMN IT)
-Flareon (UU ALSO GOD DAMN IT)

Rate away.

Edit: Umby/Dekzeh where have you guys been to rate/hate?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, here it is the Greatest NU stall ever, well maybe not but it works wonders when i use it, people never want to see the words "protect" or toxic ever again :D. This team is about abusing the shit out of toxic/protect. With some spikes factored in.

Team Great Wall of Chi[NU](pronounced Chi-Nuh, get it?)

Glalie (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Spikes
- Toxic

Ok, this is the best lead i could find, and it really does its job well. Its job is to Scout movesets, spike, and possibly toxic. It counters other Glalie leads because when they try to explode, i just protect and lol. Protect+toxic combo #1 and secondary physical wall.

Eh, if you were just going to predict the Explosion, you could just switch to Relicanth or sac Glalie IMO. Not too many people run Rapid Spinners in NU, so your Spikes are generally safe from harm. I'd free that spot for Explosion or HP Grass (water types). You could also try a bulkier Sleep Talking version (Ice Beam, Spikes, Rest, Sleep Talk).r

Trapinch (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 40 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide

This is the wierdest pokemon i have ever seen. Its one of those exception pokemon, that is unevolved, but still put on a tier. With a whopping 328 attack(same as flygon) and Arena Trap, i thought it would work nice for removing those rock sliders that roll NU because of the lack of ground, and the huge amount of flying and bug pokemon. QA kills salacers and actually hurts. Great revenge killer, and rock slider killer.

I've never seen any EV spread past 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed, so you'll have to explain your EVs to me.

Parasect (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Spore

No one ever uses this, its a shitty vileplume. But i like it because it can aromatherapy, helps me block Thunderbolts and sleeps stuff(100% acuracy 4tw). The key reason is that it resists fighting, which is really hard to find in NU. HP bug for chimechos/giraffs. Giga drain for 2ndary stab and whiscash/relicanth/sudowoodo. If i see fire or flying i run to the hills(Wigglytuff/relicanth)!

More like HP Bug for STAB + Physical attack. ._. I'd personally have the team focus more on paralysis so I could use Stun Spore or Swords Dance over Giga Drain. This is fine though. You can run Sludge Bomb to hurt Pidgeot if you'd like.

Relicanth (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 24 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ancientpower
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Toxic

Main physical wall, could make it more bulky but im not. Ancient power because i love giving myself false hope that it hits something, and i get the boost. EQ for sudowoodo/other relicanths and mawile(who hurts this team alot). Toxic+protect Combo #2.

HP Rock or Rock Slide over Ancientpower. More PP is better, considering this is a tank. Sub, Rest, Double-Edge over Protect. Protect is kind of a shitty move.

Noctowl (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 92 SAtk / 164 SDef
- Psychic
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

No protect on this, because i wanted to have a phazer. This thing has sick Sdef, and is immune to EQ. And can set reflect up. Psychic is for those poisons and noobs who think hitmonchan is nu:/.(umby im looking at you). Oh, and insomnia rocks.

Oh, I see. >:( That's how you feel, huh?

Wigglytuff (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Cute Charm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish

This just, to put it in simple terms, doesnt die. It really can not die, unless there is a Reversal Raticate with a SD it doesnt die. I chose toxic over counter, to fit with the theme of my team. Toxic+protect Combo #3. Wish passer as well as Main special wall, but can wall pretty much everything.

Doesn't die and doesn't kill. Kinda dead weight on an NU team. At least use Counter. Otherwise you have more options with Pokemon like Swalot or Plusle or Girafarig.

Problems:
-Some semi-bulky Sleep talkers cause trouble, because i cant kill them with toxic, and my pokemon dont hurt them enough to 2hko them. I can wall them forever, but eventually i get crit/run out of wishes and die. This only occurs if they crit their "counter" first. E.g. Sleep talking Poliswine ice beam crit parasect, who can 2hko with gigadrain.
-Other spikers make this team difficult to stall with, but its not a big issue.
-People that have fought this team before like to change their plusle to HP ice/fire before we fight, to kill my parasect.
-HITMONCHAN (HE IS UU GOD DAMN IT)
-Flareon (UU ALSO GOD DAMN IT)

Way to pole jock Smogon ideals.

Rate away.

Edit: Umby/Dekzeh where have you guys been to rate/hate?
I've been playing Radiant Dawn, Brawl (offline), and finishing up my final exams.

Ok ill go through it pokemon by pokemon, but im starting with protect.

Protect is on almost all of my pokemon because it stalls with toxic, and gets leftovers recovery. It also scouts movesets. I like spamming it because NU pokemon always have different moves. So its nice to know them before i get surprise KOd from Focus punch when i switch from Wiggly to Relicanth. Or if they think i will switch to parasect to absorb a fighting attack, they will rockslide, when i dont know if they have it. So overall, Move Scouting+Leftovers Recovery+Stalling with Toxic+Less Prediction Needed=Good imo.

-->Glalie. Glalie has protect not only to predict explosions, but if they open with a CB, or something, i can check for rock slide, brick break/focus punch or trick and then switch out as i need. It also stalls with toxic. Another great reason i use it, is because it can take an extra attack from most cbers with the turns of leftover recovery (kecleon/pidgeot/murkrow/raticate/furret and others).

--> Trapinch is EV'd that way, because its not outspeeding anything and it takes an Unboosted HP grass/ice from plusle/other pokemon. I also switch it in on rockslides from CBers, which usually hurt, but i can take like 3, to KO them and gtfo:). QA if i need to revenge kill.

-->Parasect, paralyzing is ok for a mixed team, not stall imo. Toxic and spikes are my main source of damage. Relicanth/noctowl/trapinch help kill off the poison immunes. Giga Drain is because i dont have a grass move on the team, but i may try swords dance because it could turn into shitty victreebell with aromatherapy, instead of a shitty vileplume :). Sludgebomb=meh. Giga Drain hurts relicanth/sudowoodo which hurt with rockslide.

-->Relicanth, Protect for reasons stated above. Ill use HP rock instead of AP.

-->Noctowl, HITMONCHAN IS UU ;(.

-->Wigglytuff, does damage with toxic usually, siesmic is just in there to kill those low hp pokemon that i cant toxic. Roselia/mawile(who is dangerous to this team, as i have to switch to noctowl and hope he doesnt rockslide, or sleep him, or predict it and switch to trapinch).

Gl with exams, mine are coming up :)

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
The only CBer you should have trouble predicting is maybe Keckleon with Trick. Maybe Focus Punch from Sudowoodo, but even then, I just see Protect as too much of a crutch for the purpose of detecting a CB'd move. It should be more of a bonus for another use. In this case, it happens to be for Toxic stalling, but you still have alternative options for using that to its full potential. In the case Relcanth, you could easily run Rest or Sub. In the case of Glalie, you just have better options. Taking extra damage is fine and all, but you shouldn't be afraid of sacrificing early in NU. If anything, you should go out with a bang, or become a lesser tank with Rest.

hmm. I think i definately want to keep relicanth as protect, but im not sure about glalie.

Pros being, can stall better with toxic/scout moveset/dont have to predict/live an extra attack or two.

Cons being, i lose a moveslot, HP grass doesnt seem appealing though, i was thinking maybe HP fire, if i didnt want to explode but i dont want to make him squishier and he only has 210 SPAtk atm.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't like the fact that Trapinch is your only Rock Resist.
With a Restless Relicanth that can be worn down by repeated choiced Rock Slides especially.

Also if you give Sub Punch Sudowoodo a Sub you can be kinda fucked (not hard since most Sudowoodos are Choiced the most obvious thing to do when you see one is protect).

Ideally I'd try to get a Whiscash there but at very least you should make Trapinch faster then no speed Sudowoodo.

I definately see more plusles/girrafarigs/spAttackers then sub punch sudowoodos, because i have never seen one :/. The problem with NU is that there are like 2 rock resists.

CHINU!

For whiscash, i tried him out and he absorbs rock slides fine, and scares away some sleep talkers. I just tihnk trapinch is good for revenge killing a sleep talker, or some squishy or weak pokemon...But on second thought. Im going to try him out more.

Edit: Ill give this team a few days to sit around this forum, after this im posting my last and best UU team :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)