1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Grilled Cheese Emporium!

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by elcheeso, Jun 25, 2011.

1. elcheeso

elcheeso
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator

Well... I had a try at the grumpig! It was kinda hard since bipedal obesemons don't have a lot of space to fit arms in, etc. Oh well, hopefully you like it! I made a spoink as well because it's awesome.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Grumpig didn't really need additional fatness (open)
    [​IMG]

This style is near-perfect for spoink (open)
    [​IMG]
  2. dela_Cruz

dela_Cruz

Can I have a Cute Ball Shiny Serperior with a lot cuteness?
    If you can't do it, can you just draw a Shiny Serperior?
  3. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

These are really cute. Keep up the good work! If you're not too busy could you make me an Ampharos?
  4. elcheeso

elcheeso

K, time to bump my thread with the shit I've been working on between my spriting. Here's 2 seperate "realistic" woobats. Ideally I was going to submit them both together but the flying one is frustratingly bad so IDGAF. Enjoy~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As for the requests, I'll see what I can do.
  5. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

I'm not sure what I think of your cutesy stuff, but your MAC entries are so adorable and nicely-done (even your "frustratingly bad" one). The second one is just too cute for words oh goodness.

Keep on keeping on!
  6. elcheeso

elcheeso

Yeah, my stuff is pretty hit and miss. I have a bad habit of making my "cute" stuff look unintentionally creepy. I still have lots to learn! Anyway, on that note, have fun with another cutesy picture!

[​IMG]
  7. elcheeso

elcheeso

Shit that still needs work: dynamic poses. I hope you weren't asking for an obese ampharos in particular blarajan! Guess it's been awhile anyway.

[​IMG]
  8. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

dawwwwwww, that togepi <3333333

good stuff man, i like what i see!
  9. elcheeso

elcheeso

Thanks dude! Here, have another togepi.

[​IMG]
    Celever likes this.
  10. elcheeso

elcheeso

Time to double post my way to the top! This is an in-progress request from a friend that's meant to have metagross + a scizor on top of it... but I'm beginning to think that the metagross looks better as a stand alone piece, so here it is! Also, I realise how the arms attach to the body and the arms in general are pretty messed up, but I think that's a side effect of drawing such an annoying pokemon. Bloody metagross.

[​IMG]

Feel free to comment guys, especially if it's crit! I don't bite and my thread feels lonely, /sob.
  11. Todris052

Todris052

That retarded smile is brilliant. It makes Metagross look silly, which is a good thing.
  12. PsuedoSaku

PsuedoSaku

The Swoobat is absolutely adorable. I mean seriously. Also the shiny Metagross and Umbreon were pretty nice. Great work!
  13. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The realistic Woobat looks great, I would love to see more of that style (especially in realistic Pokémon)

I wonder if a fat-cute-ball style would work well for the Blissey family
  14. elcheeso

elcheeso

Thanks for the comments guys! I've been meaning to do some more realistic pokemon, but like everything else I enjoy doing, there's never enough time. I do, however, have some stuff I worked on before I got horribly busy with work. I wanted to try out my hand at making pokemon sculptures, so I started with something I thought would be relatively easy... jigglypuff. Unfortunately I found out pretty quickly that trying to keep its body and eyes round was near impossible... so it looks a little (a lot) retarded. Still, I'm pretty happy with it considering it's my first try! Here it is:

[​IMG]

Sorry about the shitty quality. Iphone cameras ftl. Also, I've got a couple of versions of that finished metagross + scizor pic! I'll probably end up redoing it since I got complaints about the scizor, but /shrug.

[​IMG]
    non-shiny meta version (open)
    [​IMG]

Think that's about it. Was debating putting up my wip MAC entry, but it's probably best I wait until it's closer to finished, haven't had any time to work on it lately. Enjoy!
  15. Sæglópur

Sæglópur

Pfffft whatever that Scizor is awesome as well as the whole picture! And the Jigglypuff is SOOO adorable, makes me want to mess around with clay again. :)
  16. elcheeso

elcheeso

I've found out that clay is fun but a giant pain in the arse to work with. Anyway, here's a couple more things, my MAC entry (already in the respective thread) and another entry for that favourite pokemon of each type meme. I got motivated to do some more of this shit after seeing Nasty's entries and shamelessly stealing her backgrounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: And another: [​IMG]
  17. Todris052

Todris052

Is that Jigglypuff made with Fimo (am I spelling this right?)?
  18. elcheeso

elcheeso

Indeed! It's Fimo soft, aka baby Fimo because I don't think I have the hardened, crusty hands of most scrapbooking/arts & crafts ladies required to mold/soften regular Fimo.
  19. elcheeso

elcheeso

Palpitoad is ready for the formal/prom. Are you?

[​IMG]
  20. elcheeso

elcheeso

Well, I'm back with more stuff, including a new sculpture! Again, it's pretty shit (I need to discover caffwin's secret to making sure the clay doesn't absorb every speck of dust and hair nearby), but who cares, it satisfies me. At least it did until it fell over in the oven and now can't stand up straight. Also a new entry in the favourite pokemon meme, kinda different in style from the others... with a certain addition. Just making it more accurate to its pokedex entries, k!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  21. elcheeso

elcheeso

Jesus fuck this thread is old. BUMPING FOR JUSTICE!

Various shit that's technically been posted in other threads but not here:
    collab thread stuff (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the picture that ruined christmas (open)
    [​IMG]

And here's some actually new shit. Or more accurately, one picture! I should try for more realistic 'mons, it's interesting to say the least... even though I'm very sure I completely fucked up the musculature of this guy.

[​IMG]
  22. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

hngggg how do you not have more luvdiscs? i am the biggest fan of your painting :) and your sculpting is great too.
  23. elcheeso

elcheeso

Thanks pluff! Unfortunately I am lacking more paintings atm (trying to paint this was horrible so I gave up), but here's another "realistic" pokemon. Not particularly happy with the finished product, so here's the sketch as well.

[​IMG]
    the sketch! better suits the style than flats IMO (open)
    [​IMG]
  24. elcheeso

elcheeso

Double post to the top! I kinda doubt this idea is particularly original, but screw it. Been messing around with some new brushes, not quite sure how I feel about the one I used for this pic in particular.

[​IMG]
  25. V0x

V0x 4: I used to run at the sight of sun
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Haha nice one! c: (also I'm at a hospital right now). I feel like the middle coils are a bit off, particularly the left head's (though I see how it is a ridge). IMO it should disappear a bit sooner??? Idk I hope this makes enough sense lol

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)