Lower Tiers The GSC UU metagame

The other day, me and my cousin were bored of always playing the same tiers and always using the same pokémon on PO so we decided to do something different. I wanted to play less popular tiers and I stumbled across the Gen 2 UU tier on the smogon server. I looked at its leaderboard and it was empty :O. Me and my cousin then tried it along with some other people and it was pretty fun!

The main offensive pokémon are pinsir, primeape, dodrio, piloswine, dugtrio, magmar, electabuzz, arcanine, kaputops, magneton and octillery while the main defensive pokémon are chansey, slowbro/slowking, shuckle, lanturn, tangela, bellosom and blastoise. There's also good supporter like smeargle, qwilfish (spikes) and jumpluff.

Stall is way less common than in GSC OU and each playstyle is viable.

It's a lot of fun and I wish more people would try it. Maybe there isn't as much strategy or variety as B/W OU, but it's simply refreshing to play that strange and old metagame. Come on guys (and girls), give it a chance! I want to battle more people :)

The other day, me and my cousin were bored of always playing the same tiers and always using the same pokémon on PO so we decided to do something different. I wanted to play less popular tiers and I stumbled across the Gen 2 UU tier on the smogon server.
This. I came up with this idea so me and my IRL friend took turns picking a random unexplored metagame, building up as competitive as possible team in ten minutes based upon Smogon analysis and then challenging each other.

My first pick was the 2nd Gen UU metagame, and within 2 rounds it came down to me toxic stalling with bulky waters to him confuse ray stalling with Xatu. Also, Electabuzz was a beast. Honestly, I didn't think the metagame was too fun because everything seemed too underpowered, but I would be more than willing to participate in this if for no reason than to break up the monotony of only playing Dppt OU.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Stall is way less common than in GSC OU and each playstyle is viable.
Disagree. With Chansey and Slowbro running around, a stally playstyle is basically mandated, lest you simply watch as your team gets worn down by status and chip damage from which you yourself are unable to recover.

Of course, that's assuming you're doing it right, which, judging by your threat list, you aren't.

Where's the tier list for stuff like this?

But yeah if you're on PO, I think I mentioned I misplaced Kingdra/Slowbro. I don't think they ever got around to changing it. Stall is "probably" dominant with those in play. Just saying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)