The Highlander Tournament II [Round 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
choked a guaranteed win vs -Snow :(

and because Haruno asked for explanations:
Talonflame vs Azumarill was terrible for me, and to start off, a +2 Brave bird had crummy odds of OHKOing Azu with max hp. So I came up with this:

My Dreams (Talonflame) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

The three most likely sets I was scared of was: sash, cb, and lum. Passho + Sunny Day + Wisp + Roost stall would take care of cb, as max att adamant cb azu does39% to my spread in sun. Lum wouldn't do enough damage after Passho to 2hko with wfall + aj, so I had time to attack twice, and I can't ohko so sash is not a problem. Solar Beam with 176 spa Evs 2hko max hp azu, which I assumed -snow would bring, and did way more if def evs.

Lord sets like specs hp rock azu would've easily won against this set though, so I just had to pray he didn't bring it...
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 80 HP / 252+ Def Passho Berry Talonflame in Sun: 105-124 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power burned Azumarill Waterfall vs. 80 HP / 252+ Def Talonflame in Sun: 105-124 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 80 HP / 252+ Def Passho Berry Talonflame in Sun: 70-84 (22 - 26.4%) -- 12.1% chance to 4HKO

176 SpA Talonflame Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176 SpA Talonflame Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 202-238 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But, like the idiot I am, when I saw azu did about the damage I had calced for lum, instead of sticking to the plan I started wisping :(

Last edited:
Haruno my picks in the sign-up thread were Victini/Manaphy/Kyurem-B so I think you might have made a mistake because it's not reflected accurately

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Haruno my picks in the sign-up thread were Victini/Manaphy/Kyurem-B so I think you might have made a mistake because it's not reflected accurately
oh whoops. My bad, mistakes tend to happen when you're copying 80+ signups with mons. If anyone had a mistake lmk. Mimolette mind resending me a pm with one of victini/mana/kyube in what you'd like to face? If I fucked up anyone else's signup feel free to post.

acidphoenix kyube vs SparksBlade mew

Have like 10ish more matches to post. Will post in like 2-3 hours. Sorry for delay

oh whoops. My bad, mistakes tend to happen when you're copying 80+ signups with mons. If anyone had a mistake lmk. Mimolette mind resending me a pm with one of victini/mana/kyube in what you'd like to face? If I fucked up anyone else's signup feel free to post.

acidphoenix kyube vs SparksBlade mew

Have like 10ish more matches to post. Will post in like 2-3 hours. Sorry for delay
No problem, I've also already pm-ed you my choice. Thanks :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)