The Highlander Tournament III [Round 1]

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Won GG
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-533536688

My thought process if anyone cares, I know it took me a bit of time to prep for this haha

When picking my opponent's Pokémon, I decided that Infernape and Empoleon could blow through Tapu Bulu and Moltres, so I decided Clefable would be the best for any of my three Pokémon to defeat. When I found out I had to use Cresselia, a predicament came upon me. I thought sub CM would be the easiest choice to beat a MGuard Clef, but I forgot about the possibility of Unaware. I switched Moonlight to Toxic a few seconds before the match based off that fear, but I got blessed with the MGuard matchup which made things a lot easier to deal with.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-533542504 lost
opp had 5 chances to crit me and not miss and got it, such was the risk I guess gg

Edit: Thought process.
Three possible sets from weavile: Band, lo, sash.

Good moves on weavile: Poison jab, icicle crash, ice shard, fake out, sub, swords dance, feint
Good moves on whim: Sub, protect, leech seed, cotton guard, moonblast, encore, giga drain

Against band/lo, protect+sash+moonblast 252+ wins. Against sash, it doesn't work cause ice shard+jab. I figured a middle option of cotton guard+moonblast would work fine as it lives enough hits from weavile to beat lo/sash variants if I dont get critted. Put rest in there as well in case ice shard critted or high rolls+poison forced me to rest, at +4 you live 3 hits anyway. put charm in cause im an idiot.
For an item I could put ice resist berry/poison resist berry/lefties. I went for poison resist as poison jab is far scarier than icicle crash with poison chance+doing more damage.

Last edited:

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
oh rip wasnt tag didnt work for some reason

edit: contacted

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I was just alerted that tags do not work when you edit a post, just to be sure I'm tagging these from last posts:

sugarhigh [Tapu Fini] vs. [Mew] Arifeen
Umen Berker [Gourgheist XL] vs. [Clefable] HQuaze
blunder [Kyurem-B] vs. [Heatran] Hax the Gam3
knkb [Kyurem-B] vs. [Chansey] groudon518
HANTSUKI [Arcanine] vs. [Mamoswine] jas61292
Quantum Tesseract [Whimsicott] vs. [Landorus-T] darksylvion

I have 3 PMs in standby that I will soon get to them, I'm not at home rn so I cannot announce those matchups just yet

So I was just alerted that tags do not work when you edit a post, just to be sure I'm tagging these from last posts:

sugarhigh [Tapu Fini] vs. [Mew] Arifeen
Umen Berker [Gourgheist XL] vs. [Clefable] HQuaze
blunder [Kyurem-B] vs. [Heatran] Hax the Gam3
knkb [Kyurem-B] vs. [Chansey] groudon518
HANTSUKI [Arcanine] vs. [Mamoswine] jas61292
Quantum Tesseract [Whimsicott] vs. [Landorus-T] darksylvion

I have 3 PMs in standby that I will soon get to them, I'm not at home rn so I cannot announce those matchups just yet
Also worth noting is that you can only tag 3 people per post, so everyone after blunder got nothing.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems weird, however I'm now aware that I may only post pairings in new posts so I can do that in the following rounds. Also, those not tagged were, hopefully, reminded of the tour by their opponents so it shouldn't be thaaat big of a problem, but If anything happens (and there are still 4 days left) I may think of an 1d extension.

Hey, out matchup hasn't been updated. We'e been in contact and are basically waiting for confirmation of the Pokes we told each other we picked.

Perry

slayer
my mother has had a rough day so I had to keep up with her, sorry for the delay :/

JakeMoran12 [Mew] vs. [Greninja] Rare Poison
Skipkan [Kangaskhan] vs. [Chansey] We Three Kings
atomicllamas [Dragonite] vs. [Venusaur] babidi1998 < this is just to help me update OP
Brammi [Machamp] vs. [Celesteela] Bedschibaer
Baloor [Ampibom] vs. [Dragonite] Malekith

ps: in the future pls refrain from battling w/out the matchup being posted, today was a particularly bad day and I hope this delay won't happen again

edit: Adam the first, Lycanyte, Vai Lusa, voltix31, RedEmptionMc, Haruno, Ralof101, and Get this Money haven't sent me the Pokémon and, as opposed to my PM i sent yesterday which I just noticed isn't right because there are still 24 hours left duh, still have one day to do so. If any of them do not PM me they are disqualified [i have PMd them, this is just in case their opponents see this]

edit: the doc and OP have been fully updated as of now!

some matchup that isn't being tagged:
Haruno [Cresselia] vs. [Kyurem-B] FlamingVictini < i asked haruno to vm him anyways o,o

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)