The Highlander Tournament III [Round 1]

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mimolette [Venusaur] vs. [Greninja] Adam the first
Robb576 [Dragonite] vs. [Kommo-o] Get this Money
Meru [Sableye] vs. [Crabrawler] Lycanyte

Vai Lusa has been DQed, since he has not shown any sign of activity. I will be granting Ralof101 a little time considering he PMed me today but he actually thought he'd be choosing his Pokémon (duh) - im granting him 15 hours, which should match the time he PMed yesterday.

edit: lusa has dropped his signup out, it seems. so that matchup was decided since monday smh

i need some time because my school doesn't allow the pokemon showdown to be accessed. i need to have enough time to be home at 4:00 central time. i live in arkansas, so my time is a bit weird....

oh, my bad. ralof101 is a friend of mine and you gave him extra time, so i thought that it was time for battling.....sorry for wasting your time! :(

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

This was the set:
- The speed is given to outspeed scarf Gourgheist XL for subbing up before an eventual trick
- Evs in Hp to get more health possible each turn
- Fire move cuz supereffective and cmind to boost sp attk and 1shot him after some boost
- Evs in Phy def + bold nature to avoid seed bomb breaking the sub

This was the set:
- The speed is given to outspeed scarf Gourgheist XL for subbing up before an eventual trick
- Evs in Hp to get more health possible each turn
- Fire move cuz supereffective and cmind to boost sp attk and 1shot him after some boost
- Evs in Phy def + bold nature to avoid seed bomb breaking the sub
Deathbell (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Phantom Force
- Skill Swap
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Ev'd to outspeed Clefable with average speed investment. Sub first followed by Skill Swap to steal either amazing ability and hopefully get immunity to toxic/boosts. Leech seed to recover HP and Phantom Force for strong stab that breaks Sub and stalls turns waiting for leech seed/sub death. SpD and Hp set to survive 1 Choice Specs Fire Blast

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi! There are 14 hours left to play, hope everyone manages to do so ;~;
im updatin OP soon, i was sick yesterday so no smogon for mr

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
yo Vinc2612

me and my opp came to a problem due to host shit wording and as a former highlander host and someone that actually plays other tiers on smogon.

• Just a reminder: all Mega Stones are Z-Crystals are BANNED from this tour - if you actively use one the match is forfeit and it's up to your opponent to accept a rematch or not.
I interpreted that as you could not hold megas or z crystals outright since say in OU kangaskhanite is banned on all pokemon for an example. My opp interpreted it as you can hold the z crystal/mega stone. TD is shit and was like "im not going to clarify or fix things, work it out yourself." so I'd like an intervention on this. Since if he wanted to make it abundantly clear then he would've stated something like

"You are allowed to hold mega stones/z crystals but you cannot use them." which got FV's interpretation across very well as opposed to it being obvious that they're banned outright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)