The Holey War: 3v3v3v3 Tag Mewtwo15026+Temperantia vs RitterCat+Acklow (Ref DA8828)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alright, let's finish Cyndi off!!!

Growlie, I want you to Flare Blitz straight at Cyndi. Don't let that Reflect get in the way of your awesome firey wrath!!! Combined with Shade's Shadow Sneak, this should be just enough to finish her off. After you do so, I want you to Nitro Charge your way after Balsamus. Finish this round with a powerful Close Combat to Balsamus' face!!! Attempt to disrupt that Flame Wheel.

So:
1)Flare Blitz Cyndi
2)Nitro Charge Balsamus (Chase him down)
3)Close Combat Balsamus (Disrupt Flame Wheel if possible)

Excuse: sick, school, lessons, piles of homework from sickness and school, laziness

Balsamus (Embirch) (F)
HP: 71
Energy: 75%
Boosts/Drops: +1 Speed
Others: N/A
Actions: Reflect ~ Flame Charge (Shade) ~ Flame Wheel (Shade)

Cyndi (Mareep) (F)
HP: 19
Energy: 62%
Boosts/Drops: N/A
Actions: Thunderbolt Growlie ~ Power Gem Growlie ~ Thunderbolt Shade

Shade (Nohface) (F)
HP: 79
Energy: 43%
Others: Paralyze'd (15%)
Actions: Protect ~ Shadow Sneak (Cyndi) ~ Will-O-Wisp (Balsamus)

Growlie (Growlithe) (M)
HP: 43
Energy: 53%
Others: Paralyze'd (10%)
Actions: Flare Blitz (Cyndi) ~ Flame Charge (Balsamus) ~ Close Combat (Balsamus)

Round 5: TONIGHT SOMETHING DIES AT LAST

Shade attempts to Protect himself with a ghostly forcefield, but she was fully paralyzed, so it didn’t turn out well. Balsamus tries a barrier of her own, erecting an azure Reflect around her and her teammates. Cyndi forgoes her partner’s defensive approach, instead launching another Thunderbolt at Growlie, who takes the hit bravely and Flare Blitzes back.

Shade shakes off her immobility and Shadow Sneaks Cyndi, who struggles to remain conscious through all the battering she’s been through. Tough sheep that. Balsamus easily outstrips the crippled Growlie and Flame Charges Shade. Cyndi’s tail glows, and it fires a blast of light in a Power Gem at Growlie, but he charges on grimly, Flame Charging Balsamus away from his partner.

Awwwww.

Too bad Balsamus comes back and Flame Wheels Shade anyway.

Too bad Cyndi KO’s Growlie with another Thunderbolt.

Too bad Shade wastes energy on a Will-o-Wisp.

It was a logic circle, I didn’t know what to do, so…

Balsamus (Embirch) (F)
Energy: 61%

Cyndi (Mareep) (F)
HP: 2
Energy: 44%

Shade (Nohface) (F)
HP: 53
Energy: 34%

Growlie (Growlithe) (M)
HP: 0
Energy: 0%
Boosts/Drops: ded
Others: ded

ack, temper, ritter, mewtwo

Acklow

That damned paralysis killed me...

Let's blow a hole in their roof!!! FIRE DA CANNONS FINN THE MANTINE!!!!

Thanks to our high speed, and Air Cutter's ability to hit two opponents at once, let's pound them away with it. Hit them once with it. This should be able to take out Cyndi (HRM...I'm MAD at the outcome of this last round), not to mention hurt Balsamus HARD CORE. Follow through by pounding Balsamus with a STAB Scald. Let's hurt that little plant and teach him who's boss. Finish off the round with another hard core Air Cutter attack at the opposition. WE WILL WIN!!!

So:
1)Air Cutter (both opponents)
2)Scald Balsamus
3)Air Cutter (both opponents)

I apologize for posting out of turn, but that's the strangest looking Mantyke I've ever seen. Why, it could even pass for a Mantine.

Yessss, we have a MANTYKINE on out team. Those are unbeatable!

Okay, Shade, begin by using that ShadowSneak + Dig combo from the previous round. Wait till the end of the next action before coming up and hitting Balsmus. Then Meteor Mash for some nice damage.

Meteor Mash on a Fire-type? You MUST be joking.

Start by using Sunny Day to dull Scald's power. Next, wait for Shade to surface, then Nitro Charge it. Finish the round with a swift SolarBeam to Finn!

I think I’ve been inconsistent about this, so I’m putting it here so everyone, including me, knows. When someone says, “wait until X,” if they’re waiting for the same thing, the faster one goes first. But if they’re in different priority brackets…the higher priority one goes first.

Sucks, Ritter.

Balsamus (Embirch) (F)
Energy: 61%
Actions: Sunny Day ~ Nitro Charge (Shade) ~ Solarbeam (Finn)

Cyndi (Mareep) (F)
HP: 2
Energy: 44%
Actions: Thunderboltspam (Finn)

Shade (Nohface) (F)
HP: 53
Energy: 34%
Actions: [Shadow Sneak+Dig] (Balsamus) ~ Meteor Mash (Balsamus)

Finn (Mantine) (F)
HP: 100
Energy: 100%
Actions: Air Cutter ~ Scald (Balsamus) ~ Air Cutter

Round 6: Mantine Time

Shade once more disappears into the ground with a Shadow Sneak’d Dig, as Balsamus, wary of her new opponent, decides to hamper her attacking power and raise her own with a Sunny Day, before she and her partner are blasted with an Air Cutter, KO’ing Cyndi!

Then the battle comes to an abrupt halt, as Balsamus waits for Shade and Shade waits for Balsamus and Finn…oh, never mind, Finn’s firing off a Scald, blasting the preoccupied fire-osaur with a jet of water, superheated with the sun’s amplified energy. Balsamus staggers, and this is all the invitation Shade needs as she Digs out of the ground and slams Balsamus from behind. Balsamus leaps up to her feet with her superior speed and Flame Charges it, sending it crashing meters away.

Turning to her other opponent, Balsamus charges a Solarbeam and fires it immediately, blowing Finn backwards, but she flaps her fins into a graceful glide and, twisting in the other direction, fires off another Air Cutter at Balsamus who is hit with a quick Meteor Mash from behind from Shade, KOing her as well!

Balsamus (Embirch) (F)
Boosts/Drops: dead

Cyndi (Mareep) (F)

Shade (Nohface) (F)
HP: 37
Energy: 14%
Others: Paralyze'd (5%)

Finn (Mantine) (F)
HP: 88
Energy: 87%

Whoa.

mewtwo, new poke, temp new poke, mewtwo attacks, then ack, then temper, then ritter

May I see the calcs? It seems like a ton of damage was done to Balsamus in one turn, and I want to make sure it's all right. No offense.

Oh, well, GO! Vladdy the Marshtomp! \m/

So I herd...

bleh I use excel, but...

mant ac vs emb 18 6p4e
mant scald vs emb 14 8p5e (10 sun)
noh dig vs emb 10 8p6e
noh mm vs emb 11 10p6e

18 (air cutter)+18 (air cutter)+10 (scald)+10 (dig)+11 (meteor mash)

36+31

Yeah, that is a lot of damage. Sucks to have two pokemon ganging up on you.

Lenneth seems enthralled at her opportunity to battle.
"Ohohoho, it's my turn, now! Black Swan, the Snorunt, come on out!"

The female Snorunt, quite the natural performer, almost dances from her Pokeball. This graceful pirouette leaves a chill in the air, making the other contenders shiver in place...

All righty, then.

Vladdy, start by Digging to dodge any attack that might be coming your way, then pop up (if necessary) and hit Shade. Even though it has Levitate, you can still reach it with your body. Next, Mud Shot Shade so it can do even less to you, then Dig and attack the kitsune.

If it is underground after the first action, stay underground so you can hit it.

Acklow

Alright Finn, let's blow this joint!!

I want you to Bullet Seed Vladdy first. Since you are much faster, you shouldn't have a problem with pulling that off. Follow up by Confuse Raying Black Swan. Finish up by hitting both enemy Pokemon with a powerful Air Cutter.

If at all Black Swan attempts to Toxic you, I want you to dodge the attack and combo the dodge with a Haze so that you can escape much more easily. However, make sure you use one of the two listed attacks (i.e. Bullet Seed/Air Cutter) as your other move.

So:
1)Bullet Seed Vladdy
2)Confuse Ray Black Swan
3)Air Cutter

OR

Dodge Toxic and use Haze as a replacement for the two actions that Toxic is used (with Haze being the follow-up move).

"Oh, I see. You wish to play the contingency game? I'll force you to regret that decision... Toxic on the first turn, we'll force her to waste two turns for set-up and protect Vladdy. Next, blow an Icy Wind at both opponents. Finally, use your Fake Tears to catch Finn off guard for next round. We'll win against this overgrown kite, yet!"

Okay Shade. You're the last surviving pokemon from the first round, and let's keep it that way. Start by Shadow Sneaking up to the very top of the arena. Vladdy definately can't reach you there. Then, from up there, Yawn down at Vladdy and finish by Chilling for a bit

Vladdy (Marshtomp) (M)
HP: 100
Boosts/Drops: N?A
Actions: Dig (Shade) ~ Mud Shot (Shade) ~ Dig (Shade)

Black Swan (Snorunt) (F)
HP: 90
Actions: Toxic (Finn) ~ Icy Wind ~ Fake Tears (Finn)

Shade (Nohface) (F)
HP: 37
Energy: 14%
Others: Paralyze'd (5%)
Actions: Shadow Sneak (Evasive) ~ Yawn (Vladdy) ~ chill

Finn (Mantine) (F)
HP: 88
Energy: 87%
Actions: Bullet Seed (Vladdy) ~ Confuse Ray (Black Swan) ~ Air Cutter

Round 7: So I Herd You Like Marshtompz…And Weird Evil Ice-Imp Thingies

Shade Shadow Sneaks away to the ceiling of the pit and from her aggressors asBlack Swan fires back a deadly Toxic, which Finn gracefuly dodges while spewing out a Haze, obscuring vision in a thick screen of fog. Vladdy Digs, reappearing under Shade and slamming him with a full-bodied tackle.

Black Swan takes advantage of all the moisture in the air with an Icy Wind, chilling the mist and sending it howling towards Finn and Shade, the extreme cold lowering their Speed! Vladdy blasts a close ranged Mud Shot at Shade, who takes it barely and retaliates with a Yawn, anticipating a nice, long nap once she’s out of the fight.

Finn fires off a triple Bullet Seed at Vladdy, as she can't be affected by Black Swan's Fake Tears, since she, y'know, can't see them. Poor thing. Vladdy Digs underground as Shade chills…and is KO’d by Vladdy’s second smash. Let’s hear it for defensive effort.

At least Shade’s corpse…er, fainted body, isn’t paralyzed anymore!

Vladdy (Marshtomp) (M)
Energy: 86%
Boosts/Drops: N?A

Black Swan (Snorunt) (F)
Energy: 83%

Shade (Nohface) (F)

Finn (Mantine) (F)
HP: 83
Energy: 72%
Boosts/Drops: -1 Speed

Forgot to say last round, but now there are 3 more rounds of sun.

Sorry Rittercat. Dig attacks happen at the end of the round, so Vladdy would have plenty of time to dig to the right spot and assassinate Shade, instead of pop out where he used to be, like a laggy fps player.

2143 (ritter, mewtwo, acklow, temper)

Umm, I said Shadow Sneak to the very top of the arena. Not simply evade to somewhere else. Can he really pop up from a dig 50 feet into the air? And for a "close-range Mud Shot" he'd need to he at the very top with me, so I don't think my exact orders were taken into account. I'll postpone my post until I get what's going on here

Sorry if I sound nasty or anything, it was probably a simple misread or some rule I've overlooked somewhere

Ah, so you meant to Shadow Sneak into the air?

Shadow Sneak: The Pokemon animates its shadow to stretch over to the opponent. It then enters the shadow and exits it right next to an opponent while attacking them. The suddenness of the strike causes this move to usually go before other attacks.

Attack Power: 4 | Accuracy: 100% | Energy Cost: 3 | Effect Chance: -- | Typing: Ghost
Shadows don't seem to affect the air much.

Also, if you've ever tried to dig like a pokemon, you'll discover digging that fast is harder than it looks. Excavators are big ass machines, and they can't make insta-holes like pokemon can (Dugtrio can dig 60 miles every time it uses Earthquake). I'd think pokemon are able to jump a measly 50 feet. If Dugtrio can go 60 with 120 base speed, that means neutral natured Marshtomp can go 25 miles per action. Or something (120/60=50/x). If we account for the -spe nature, that's 21.5. miles per action instead.

That's a lot.

On an unrelated note, Deck was talking about evasive Shadow Sneak / Quick Attack / Aqua Jet etc, and he said it shouldn't work. That doesn't matter because this started before new dodge mechanics were implemented, but. Just saying.

Okay, I'll go with it, looks like a derp on my part.

Let's send out Grace the Mienfoo

First use Swords Dance, then throw Snorunt vitally. Finish with a Stone Edge on Vladdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)