Not open for further replies.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Hollywood and Arcticblast
Original Concept by Firemage
Banner by Arhops
I'm accepting bribes

Welcome to the Hunger Metagames. You'll be thrown into an arena with different zones, fight for your survival, and aim to prove your worth as the best OM player of them all.

How it will work

The Hunger Metagames arena is a dangerous place. Each zone you enter will have a designated metagame attached to it. These metagames are especially dangerous, for they are the ones that have either made it to the PS! ladder or been voted OMotMs. 1v1 and Challenge Cup have been left out, because they are heavily matchup and luck reliant, which is something not supported by the Hunger Metagames.

There will be two phases, night and day. During the night, you will move into a zone unknown to you by PMing me a number. The night phase will last approximately a day, and every time the sun sets, darkness sets in and the zones are re-randomized. If you do not move into a zone in time, you will be randomly placed into one. During the day, you will be randomly paired with someone in the same zone as you and you will fight for your survival.

For example, if Adrian Marin and The Eevee General move into Zone 2 during the night phase, they will have to fight each other for survival in the day. If Pikachuun, Monte Cristo, and Arcticblast move into Zone 6, they will be randomly matched up and one will get a bye.

Fortunately, everyone gets two lives so you have a second chance if you lose.

As the days move on, zones will become worn out from the battles and get destroyed. Thus, the number of zones will decrease further on.

(tl;dr: get into a zone and fight people in it)

Activity

If a player is inactive and refuses to fight for his survival, his opponent will get a walkover and he will be captured and whipped, causing him to lose a life.

If both players are unable to hunt each other down and arrange a battle, both will be subject to a coinflip (the loser will be whipped).

If both players show no signs of hunting each other down by announcing it their opponents' VM walls, they both will be whipped.

You can make use of irc (#othermetas) or the Other Metas room on PS to hunt down your opponents. Additionally, activate your VM walls and contact each other by VM. If you want to use PM, feel free to do so but please post a screenshot of your arrangement in this thread so that I can see it, and so that you will not be whipped.

Substitutes will only be allowed in Day 1, because subbing in a full health participant over an injured one results in unfair competition.

Zones
(in no particular order)
Averagemons
Balanced Hackmons
STABmons
OU Monotype
Alphabet Cup
Almost Any Ability
Inverse Battle
Middle Cup
OU Theorymon
Tier Shift
Hackmons
Sky Battles

Remaining Zones

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Remaining Survivor: 1

- TheAmazingFlavio [x] [x]
- galbia [x] [x]
- Unfixable [x] [x]

- asterat [x] []
- Zewwok [x] [x]
- Snaquaza [x] [x]
- The Eevee General [x] [x]
- Hollywood [x] [x]
- mallpal [x] [x]
- MikeDawg [x] [x]
- Seismitoad [x] [x]
- Level 56 [x] [x]
- blizzardy [x] [x]
- RotomPoison [x] [x]
- Fencerman [x] [x]
- N3XYCH [x] [x]
- Albacore [x] [x]
- Regi likes pie [] []
- Peef Rimgar [x] [x]
- z0mOG [] []
- perplexing pool [] []
- The Reptile [x] [x]
- Anno nyme [x] [x]
- The Immortal [] []
- jrm115 [x] [x]
- copycatcat [x] [x]
- Cacturne [x] [x]
- AWailOfATail [x] [x]
- Articuno I [x] [x]
- quickscopenoscope [x] [x]

Deadline

If you want to fight for your glory, sign up by 16 June, 10 am EST

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Balanced Hackmons

Last edited:

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
scorpdestroyer said:
If anyone wants to do a better banner be my guest
Yeah I'm gonna do this before somebody tags me which happens in every other thread.

There, if the quality is really low (I can't tell I'm on a phone so everything looks fine) tell me please and I'll fix it later today.

(Hopefully this is considered "better")

edit: By request from Unfixable I added Katniss, use whichever version you prefer:

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Sounds good, just gotta hope I get mono each time I guess. And I know a few of the others reasonably well I guess.
I'm in.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Basculin

EDIT: crap I need to avoid Hackmons
ALSO a few questions:
Are alliances supported?
Can we share details of which zone is which with other people?
What happens if people tie?
Is there anything that resembles the bloodbath at the Cornucopia?

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm gonna do this before somebody tags me which happens in every other thread.

There, if the quality is really low (I can't tell I'm on a phone so everything looks fine) tell me please and I'll fix it later today.

(Hopefully this is considered "better")

edit: By request from Unfixable I added Katniss, use whichever version you prefer:

I'll add it when I get to computer, thank you!

Basculin

EDIT: crap I need to avoid Hackmons
ALSO a few questions:
Are alliances supported?
Can we share details of which zone is which with other people?
What happens if people tie?
Is there anything that resembles the bloodbath at the Cornucopia?
1) Nope
2) I don't encourage it but there's nothing I can do if you decide to. Zones re-randomize after each day, though
3) The one who faints last wins
4) Nope, but if you have an idea of how it could work let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)