The Hunger Metagames - Winner: asterat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anno Nyme told me to take the win in our conversation, and he said that he couldn't continue.

EDIT: Crap, the picture didn't go through...

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We say goodbye to the following users, for they have perished in the fight of the Hunger Metagames:

- Peef Rimgar
- N3XYCH
- Anno nyme
- jrm115
- copycatcat
- potentially more, depending on the results below

blizzardy vs The Reptile and Albacore vs RotomPoison will be given short extensions

Anyway, activity wins have been given out. Time for the night phase.

However, a wild Chansey appeared from the wreckage of the overcrowded Hackmons zone and went on a rampage, leading to 3 random zones being destroyed. It is too dark to see which zones are remaining (it is night time after all). You will now PM me with zone numbers 1-9. When PMing, make the title of the conversation "Hunger Metagames: Zone X".

Please PM me by Sunday 10am EST. Remember that only 9 zones are left!

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I'm going to have to drop out of this, since I found myself having to stay up late in order to battle due to timezones. Was pretty fun while it lasted though, but I don't think I can really keep this up unfortunately.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
21:12 scorpdestroyer !choose blizzardy, the reptile
21:12 CDXCIV scorpdestroyer: blizzardy

RotomPoison has been given the activity win over Albacore.
blizzardy has been given the coinflip win over The Reptile.
We say goodbye to Albacore and The Reptile, for they could not survive the harsh conditions of the Hunger Metagames.

With that, we have 2 additional participants perishing from the Hunger Metagames. Will the remaining participants drop at such a quick rate? Or will they be able to survive the fight?

We return our attention to the escaped Chansey. Chansey, fed up with the huge crowd that has gathered to watch the fight in the Hackmons zone, escaped in a rage. The zookeepers tried and failed to contain the angry Chansey. Chansey escaped to a nearby zone and saw a caged Kyurem-B. It was the Almost Any Ability zone. Chansey sensed that this was something powerful; it transformed into the mighty Kyurem-B with its newfound Refrigerate ability. With this destructive power in its hands and a terrifying base HP and an Eviolite, Chansey shrugged off the mighty Protean Mew and brushed aside the mighty Harvest Cresselia. As a last resort, Dragonite was summoned to stop Chansey, but with Aerilate banned, Chansey easily shrugged off unSTAB Extremespeed and KOed the mighty Dragonite.

With its destruction of AAA complete, Chansey stepped into the Middle Cup zone. Seeing other NFEs like itself, it tried to persuade them to conquer the world with it. However, it soon began to realize that it was not welcome there. After all, who the hell wants a legendary electric Dragon to interfere in a playground of middle-aged Pokekids? The Chansey there weren't even allowed to abuse powerful items like Eviolite nor have strong abilities like Imposter. Annoyed by their incompetence, Chansey immediately blasted the playground to pieces.

Chansey then set foot in the Inverse Battle zone. It was nothing like it had seen before. Why the hell were there people using Return on Ghost-types? Were they mad? Chansey decided to show them who's boss, blasting a Refrigerate-boosted Return at an oncoming Grass-type. It was shocked to find that the Grass-type didn't take much damage at all. At this point, a Staraptor came out to challenge Chansey. Feeling confident, Chansey attacked with Return. "It's not very effective..."?? wtf?? It then took a massive hit from Double-Edge; this was no ordinary fight. After a few exchanges of blows, Chansey figured out that the type charts were inverted and unleashed a powerful Dragon Claw. Staraptor had been defeated.

Fortunately, Chansey became tired out and was captured and returned to the Hackmons zone safely.

Balanced Hackmons

galbia gets a bye!

Tier Shift

The Eevee General vs Cacturne

Averagemons

TheAmazingFlavio vs mallpal (activity)

Sky Battles

Unfixable vs Hollywood (activity)

Hackmons

MikeDawg vs blizzardy (coinflip)

OU Theorymon

AWailOfATail vs Asterat

OU Monotype

Level 56 vs Fencerman

Alphabet Cup

Seismitoad vs Articuno I
Snaquaza vs RotomPoison (activity)

STABmons

Zewwok vs quickscopenoscope (activity)

The following zones have been permanently destroyed:

Almost Any Ability
Middle Cup
Inverse Battle

Get your matches done by Saturday 10am EST. I will only extend if I deem both players equally active. If you didn't PM me a zone, you were put in a random one and please do so next time. If you have any complaints, blame random.org

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
MikeDawg vs blizzardy and Snaquaza vs RotomPoison are given one day extensions. TheAmazingFlavio, Unfixable, and Zewwok have been given activity wins

We say goodbye to more users:
- Cacturne
- AWailOfATail
- Articuno I
- quickscopenoscope -- he is being executed for not being online since the 24th of June

We currently have 6 users who still have 2 lives left!

And of course, fewer users means fewer zones! With 15 (potentially less) participants remaining, 2 more zones will be destroyed permanently by day 4.

PM me the zone you wish to move into. You can only pick from zones 1-7. When PMing, make the title: "Hunter Metagames: Zone X". Also, please make a new PM instead of reusing old ones so it's clearer for me!

if PS main isnt working, use other servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)