ORAS Ubers The immortal Wall of Justice

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Ladies and Gentlemen! I am here to announce the comeback of the most underrated Pokemon in ORAS Ubers. Shedinja! You might laugh your ass out now, but this thing is quiet good in the current meta. Normally I would post this RMT on PO, but no one is really going to rate my RMT anyways. Just look at my last RMT and you will see that no one gives a damn Opinion about my team. Anyways, today I will show you a funny team I built quiet a while ago. The purpose of the team was actually for a clanwar, but I don't think I will battle anymore. So I started to ladder today, because I don't really have time to enjoy pokemon like before. I have to admit that PS ladder is quiet weak and easy, but that most people lose against this team is quiet shocking. I don't wanna disturb you with my nonsense, so lets get right to the team. The team really evolved after some time. Someone who was a really close friend told me that the team was bullshit, but I am actually quiet satisfied with it.

There was this user named Kody on PO and I was really amazed how he won every battle with the combination of Shedinja and Mega Sableye. Vioner from WM tried this core on ORAS Ubers and so did I, but after some time we realized that our teams are quiet bad.

So I needed something against Primal-Groudon and Arceus-Ground was quiet popular. Being able to check some Dragon Type pokemons and having the chance to OHKO Primal-Groudon is deffinitly something I like to use.

I needed a sleep talker against Darkrai and I was thinking of adding Primal Groudon, since it gives me more protection against Primal-Kyogre and some other things. Primal-Groudon has a great bulk and can tank more than one hit.

I needed something against E-Killer Arceus and Skarmory was great. Being able to wall Mega Diancie and OHKO it with Iron Head was just awesome. It also gave me my Stealth Rocks, which I deffinitly need on this team.

I felt like needing another special wall and adding Blissey was a good option. It gave me the opportunity to wish pass or removing Status per Heal Bell. A wish passer and Cleric is something important in stall teams.

Every Idiot could see that Clefable was obviously better than Blissey, so removing Blissey for an extra check against Xerneas was done. If you look closely you could see that my team is lacking a bird check, which means that this team is still bad.

I changed my Arceus-Ground to a normal Wall Ceus, since I had problems with SD Arceus-Ghost. Having a Normal-Ghost Core in my team is fantastic, so I just needed to switch around Mega Sableye and Arceus to avoid getting hit by a shadowforce.

Primal-Groudon wasn't that good as a sleep talker, so I changed it to my beloved Banded Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh was hundred times better than Primal-Groudon. Having better Bulk and being able to OHKO Darkrai was great. Ho-Oh was also acting as my wallbreaker against the other teams.

My main problem was still Bird Spam (aka Ho-Oh). I didn't want to lose my Rocks and so was adding a Rhyperior my only option. A Rhyperior in ORAS Ubers. People laughed at me for using it until they got rekt. Anyways, this is the final creation of the team and trust me. This is no troll team or a garbage team. It's actually decent.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye is most of the time my lead pokemon, because I want to mega evolve early to abuse the Magic Bounce ability as much as I can. I am using a special defensive Mega Sableye to counter Mega Mewtwo Y and to tank hits from support Arceus. So we are putting all our EVs in HP and SpD. The rest goes in Def. The moveset is quiet unique and many people were raging at me, because they thought that they can easily get their rocks up per skill swap and sweep my whole team. Sigh! Magic Coat is there my friends for countering the counter lead. The rest was pretty standard. Recover for keeping Mega Sableye alive, Foul Play for damaging E-Killer Arceus and Will-O-Wisp to cripple some pokemons. I don't really have a decent counter to E-Killer, but I usually play around it with the combination of Shedinja + Mega Sableye + Clefable. Just burn this thing and Clefable can tank with Unaware.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

IVs: 0 Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Thanks to Mega Sableye is Shedinja able to survive without fearing hazards. The ability Wonder Guard is just decent. Because of that Shedinja can check so many pokemons like Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Xerneas and many more. There isn't really much explonation for the EVs, since you can only invest in Atk and Spd. I only setted the Def IVs to zero, since Ditto isn't OHKO by a Shadow Sneak in 1v1. For the Moveset is also less explonation. I always need a priority move in my teams. That is also a reason why I enjoy using Shedinja. I usually need to finish Pokemons like Darkrai with 1 HP off and this is were Shedinja can come in handy. I am using double status to cripple many mons as possible. Toxic for Primal-Groudon and CM Arceus, while Will-O-Wisp cripples every other mon in the meta. Baton Pass is a move I rarely use for getting momentum. But usually I hard switch directly into my mons which I need in the current situation.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

There goes my Primal-Groudon Check. It's such a great pokemon, which also makes a nice ghost-normal Core with my other two mons. I am only using a normal Arceus instead of Arceus-Ground to wall SD Arceus-Ghost. The EV Split are costumized to outspeed a Jolly Rayquaza. The Rest goes obviously into Defense to tank hits from Primal-Groudon. Primal-Groudon should do less then 50% damage and with Leftovers recovery it should be quiet easy to wall it. Earth Power is here to do some damage while walling Primal-Groudon. Ice Beam hits all flying Dragons like Mega Salamence or Rayquaza. Recover for recovery obviously and Defog to remove Hazards if Mega Sableye can't bounce them back. It's quiet a solid set in my opinion.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

There we go again. I don't remember how much I talked about Banded Ho-Oh, but I gotta say its now a different spread in the EVs. Normally I go with Max Atk and Max Spd, but I needed some extra bulk to wall Darkrai better. Even though having Magic Bounce on my team, Darkrai was still a threat. Der Major and ShockWave suggested me this set. I think they were talking about being able to tank a thunder from a +2 Xerneas. To be honest I didn't really care, since I had Clefable and Shedinja in the back. But extra bulk is also quiet nice I guess. We are using Sacred Fire and Brave Bird for the STAB as always. Having Sacred Fire as a form of status and having more Status on Shedinja and Mega Sableye, I didn't feel like needing more Status on this team. Earthquake is a nice filler to hit Arceu-Rock and Mega Diancie on the switch. People think they can double switch easy and out from my Ho-Oh. Sigh! An Earthquake is waiting for you! Sleep Talk is here for Darkrai. Like I said, I wanted to hit Darkrai while sleeping.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Rest

There we go! Rhyperior in ORAS Ubers is so underrated. Call me crazy but this thing is crazier. Ok, I admit it. Getting rocks up in this team is quiet difficult, but I usually bounce them back with my Mega Sableye anyways. With the ability Solid Rock am I able to survive two earthquakes from Ho-Oh before dying. But letting Rhyperior die is a sin, since Rhyperior is also doing a great job walling Mega Salamence. Stealth Rock are my hazards for this team. For the attacking moves I choosed Earthquake and Rock Blast. I see no reason why I shouldn't use Earthquake and Rock Blast is here instead of Stone Edge to break subs from Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh. For the last Slot I choosed Rest for living long as possible. If Rhyperior needs to wake up, then I usually use Heal Bell from Clefable.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

My Wish Supporter and Cleric from the team. Clefable is also one of the important walls from this team. Being able to wall CM Arceus and a burned SD Arceus Clefable can support from the shadows. We are putting the EVs in SpD to avoid getting 2HKO by Xerneas. Then we just Wish Protect till we have full HP or we switch to Shedinja if Xerneas hasn't got an effective move. Moonblast hits many important mons which are a threat to the team. Like I said is the combination of Wish + Protect to gain HP or pass the HP to teammates. Heal Bell is the Cleric and the best way to wake Rhyperior up. There isn't much to say about this Set, since everyone knows about this.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Calm Nature
- Magic Coat
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Rest

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

I hope everyone enjoyed this RMT. I will post a threats list later, but I am really tired at the moment. But all I can say is that this team hates Tyranitar. I don't really think that Tyrantitar is quiet populat at the moment, but you never know. I am sry for all these grammar mistakes. I am german, but I think that this isn't a good excuse anyways. So see ya later I guess. Before I forget this. Special thanks to fantasyy, av kakuna, ShockWave and Der Major. Special thanks to Archer, since I got infected with all this sea salt. Just kidding.

I only laddered to break a highscore from a friend. Since I lost more then three times this alt is dead to me. I think I was #9 Place or something like that. I am really dissapointed that I lost two matches because of hax, one because of DC and the last one against toxic confuse ray mega gengar.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello It's Just Lacus, it's very nice to see a team with Shedinja and Rhyperior as it is very creative and makes for a nice change from Salamence / Ho-Oh / Latias standards that I see a lot. Normally I would recommend you not use Shedinja as it is in my opinion a bit gimmicky and inconsistent, but seeing as your team is a Shedinja showcase I will recommend some other changes, as it really is nice to see things like Wallceus too!

I have built many teams similar to this in that they rely almost solely on Ho-Oh to break the opposing team, and should it go down, either as a necessary sacrifice or if you get surprised by a Stone Edge from a lure, you end up with 5 teammembers remaining that apply almost no pressure whatsoever. For this reason, I recommend that you change your Clefable set from the one you currently have to the following:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

This still provides you with the Heal Bell support you need, and, thanks to Unaware, Clefable can actually set up on Geomancy Xerneas and opposing Calm Mind Arceus, and can provide you with a bizzare but somewhat effective win condition should the opponent's physical attackers go down (and you can wall several physical attackers competently with other members of your team).

Some other optimisations:

I would recommend you run at least 12 Speed EVs on Ho-Oh as this lets you outspeed 252+ Diancie that have not mega evolved, and you can pour some more EVs into Speed to speedcreep other base 90s - this should be taken out of Attack as the 248 / 52 investment is very important.

Next, I would look into using Fake Out on Sableye instead of Magic Coat, as the only reason I really see for Magic Coat's usage is to prevent Excadrill from setting Stealth Rock and to stop Skill Swap Deoxys-Speed from Skill Swapping away Magic Bounce. Fake Out lets you scout for EV spreads as well as Mega Evolve safely, and can always be helpful alongside Will-O-Wisp. An EV spread of 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD with a Careful Nature lets Sableye comfortably take +2 Earthquake from Extremekiller Arceus and also just avoids the 2HKO from Life Orb Mewtwo's Fire Blast, albeit without any hazards up, but full Special Defense investment works fine too to be honest.

Lastly, a devastating weakness I can see in this team is Life Orb Xerneas:

Xerneas @ Life Orb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Rock Slide
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

which pretty much runs through your team without any effort, especially if it carries Focus Blast (which it should). Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this, as they carry Rock Slide for Ho-Oh and can therefore breeze through Shedinja. Fortunately, noone really uses this set apart from me, which is a shame because I like Life Orb Xerneas :(

I hope this rate helps your team without changing too much, and good luck!

Hello Its just Lacus,
Pistolero gave you already a very good rate in my opinion and I would agree with using CM Clefable, because it fixxes your CM Arceus weak. What I dislike about the team is that you are a little bit Kyogre and Extremekiller weak. I didn't want to change much at all, but I have two or three ideas for you. You could either skip Mega Sableye for using Mega Diancie, which could use Rocks and would give you a better slot for Rhyperior, which is to hipster and does not do much at all. I would rate you Primal Groudon as your second Xerneas counter or Yveltal. I would like to see Yveltal in the team, because you are rather Ekiller and Mence weak. I know you have Wallceus but the combination of Wallceus and Yveltal is really great. So you can either use P-Groudon+Mega Diancie or Mega Diancie and Yveltal. I would probably use the first version because you can either decide to go for Rocks on Groudon or Rocks on Diancie, both will work for sure. Diancie gives you a really good Ho-Oh switch-in as well, which has a nice day vs you otherwise, because it can just burn anything. I would think about a pursuiter as well, because your team is rather Gengar weak, but its not really needed at all. Hope I was able to improve the team a bit.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 216 HP / 180 Atk / 72 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)