The In-Game Mono-Type Team Challenge

Trying a mono ghost for my diamond. Pokes so far are sableye , haunter (yes I deny myself gengar), spritomb, drifblim, and rotom, idk what to do for the last poke. Any ideas?
i would choose froslass over sableye because you have spiritomb and froslass has nice ice stab...garchomp here it comes...

Man, I wanna do a mono-steel DPPt run so bad... But I can't reset until I pick up another 4th gen game or BW.

Piplup, Forretress, Bastiodon, Bronzong, Lucario, maybe Steelix, Dialga... Pure awesome...

Be hardcore. Use Finneon.

also grind like a mad motherfucker before the grass gym leader
I did not use finneon... but i soloed gardenia with my lv 22 prinplup up until the leader match (24 when it was done) and i used my lv 9 Shellos with mudslap on roserade 5-6 times... so i was able to take care of it with my prinplup and my lv 22 psyduck.

Oh yea, starting a bug mono on Soul Silver. Currently on serebii to find my party but i have some ideas:
Team:
Butterfree
Forretress
Pinsir
Yanmega
Parasect
Ledian

Yep thats it. Hopefully Ledian doesn't fall behind the others in all it's shitness, but atleast it allows me to get something early instead of waiting till the forest and then having to grind a paras.

Oh yea, starting a bug mono on Soul Silver. Currently on serebii to find my party but i have some ideas:
Team:
Butterfree
Forretress
Pinsir
Yanmega
Parasect
Ledian

Yep thats it. Hopefully Ledian doesn't fall behind the others in all it's shitness, but atleast it allows me to get something early instead of waiting till the forest and then having to grind a paras.
no heracross on a soul silver mono-bug?and no scizor?that might be interesting...

Ok i just looked at Ledians stats and WOW. I thought for a pokemon that learns fighting moves, it would have more than a pitiful 35 base attack. Subbing out Ledian for Scizor.

Also, i am doing a Mono type challenge with my friend, he is going to do a mono on Soul Silver too (im not sure what type), and once we both beat the E4, we're going to have a battle. Pretty much going to be luck as to what type he has, I'm quite lucky though as it's very unlikely that he'll have fire.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heracross is actually really easy to find. For example it along with Spearow, can be found by Headbutting the trees East of Ecruteak. iirc it can also be found in Azalea.

Im about to do a ground run in SS and ive been wondering if thats a good idea....well theres geodude, wooper, onix(for trade with bellsprout), male nidoran which i think will make a pretty good team, and thats all before the second gym badge. Hope it works well. Any feedback from anyone else?

Well, you might be forgetting Sandshrew (though IIRC, he might be hard to get in SS...).
I think Quagsire and Nidoking will be very valuable to your team.

Im about to do a ground run in SS and ive been wondering if thats a good idea....well theres geodude, wooper, onix(for trade with bellsprout), male nidoran which i think will make a pretty good team, and thats all before the second gym badge. Hope it works well. Any feedback from anyone else?

I think that using a Mono-Ground team would be quite a challenge. The majority of your Pokemon will share multiple weaknesses and you will have trouble advancing through some parts of the game. If you do decide to do this, follow the above poster's advice and use a Wooper and a male Nidoran. I also suggest using Swinub when you get it later in the game to help you deal with Lance's dragon types.

if you are about to start mono ground then definitely add quagsire and nidoking to your team to resist a bit your grass and water weaknesses...

Thanks for the input guys :3
and swinub, i totally overlooked that. Yeah it will help, and itll add a counter to grass along with nidoran.

EDIT: Uhh.... crud. Nidoking will be neutral to grass.

Oh yea, just letting people know that I'm making a comic for my bug mono. Don't know how far it will go considering i give up on everything i do these days...

Sorry for the double post, this thread is inactive anyways, need help for cool names for a Scizor, Heracross, Pinsir, Butterfree, Forretress and Yanmega. Need a boy and girl name for each pokemon (unless the name is like unisex or something) want cool ones... I'm going to research now and try and find some.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)