The Iron Giant

I'd like to start off by saying this is my first RMT so sorry if it is a little sloppy. Now let's get to it.

This is the end result of the team I have been using since I started NU about a year ago. One thing that hasn't changed about the team is the presence of Golurk. Being my favorite Nu Pokémon,by standard of both appearance and competitive value, he has continued to lead this team to many victories. Now for the details.

Swellow
Guts
Jolly
Toxic Orb
252 Speed 252 Attack

U-turn Façade Brave Bird Protect

Just your standard Swellow Set. Swellow fills very important roles on this team. It works as a great status absorber, revenge killer, and can even sweep the opponents team late game. . It's sky-high speed makes up for my lack of a scarf user and overall slow team. Swellow handles the many fighting types of the tier that would otherwise threaten Glalie and Audino. It's sheer power can tear open holes in the opponents team allowing Golurk to attempt a late game sweep or Glalie to pick a poke off with his ice shard. Overall Swellow is a great Pokémon for this team and can turn the tables of a battle when I need it most.

Golurk
No Guard
Adamant
Life Orb
252 Attack 252 Speed

Rock Polish Dynamic Punch Earthquake Stone Edge

The big man himself, Golurk. I could not possibly count how many times this Pokémon has saved me from a bad situation. He has yet to disappoint me and I continue to hope that no one wises up and sends him to RU. He works as a great anti lead to common Rockers such as Golem, and Regirock Punching them to create a 50% chance of successful Sneaky Stones then picking them off with Earthquake. The fun doesn't stop there. With his well named trademark Dynamic Punch he can ruin momentum for the opponents team Wrecking common switch in's such as Alomomola's plans of supporting there team and allowing me to safely switch to another Pokémon.But Golurk is no punk. If left unchecked he can Decimate the opponents team after a Rock Polish comfortably sitting at 418 speed. Outspeeding the entire unscarfed tier and having perfect coverage he can easily wrap up a battle late game. Glalie and Armaldo also appreciate Glalie's ability to stop their hard work setting up hazards from being wasted.Needless to say Golurk is a valuable asset to this team and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. .

Tangela
Regenerator
Bold
Eviolite
252Hp 252Def

Giga Drain Leech Seed Sleep Powder Stun Spore

The Wall of all Nu Walls rivaled only by Alomomola it's Tangela. Tangela fills half the core of my team alongside Special Wall Audino. Common Physical Titans such as Sawk and Samurott can not hope to untangle these sturdy vines. Tangela greatly supports my team sponging hits the rest of the team can not hope to take. It can cripple the opponents pokemon with Sleep Powder and Stun Spore and gets plenty of opportunities to do so. These two moves are incredibly as they allow the other members of my team to fulfill their roles with ease facing a crippled a pokemon. This little plant can turn a scary situation into a pushover and the entire team appreciates his presence.

Audino
Regenerator
Calm
Leftovers
252 Hp 252 S.Def

Charge Beam Wish Protect Heal Bell

I daresay this is the Chansey of NU. Haha ok it's more of the Clefable of NU but you get the point. Audino is the most selfless Pokémon of the team. If Golurk is suffering from a burn It's there to heal it. If Swellow has taken to much from poison and sneaky stones it's there to heal it ready for another round. It is also the best Pokémon on the team equipped with the ability to face strong special attackers like Beheeyem. Now about charge beam. I know it appears gimmicky but that has saved me from many battles that would've been a stall war. The idea is to bring it in against a Pokémon's trying to set up on it or that no one else on the team can switch in on. Charge Beam will slowly get stronger racking up damage as the Pokémon desperately try's to keep subs up or set up. The perks of this over Toxic is Audino won't have to fear Taunt or subs. Not only that but in a stall war Audino is likely to win with access to Wish and Heal bell. Also most Pokémon that would taunt it such as Golbat will likely switch out by the end of the Taunt after Charge Beam has gained power allowing Audino to continue performing it's initial job. A perfect example of this (unfortunately I can not show you because I did not save the battle) is a battle I had once when Audino was my last pokemon. My opponent had a Dewgong with Hydration and Rain Dance (toxic would have been useless) as his last pokemon. Audino slowly killed it through Max Special attack Charge Beams and Wished occasionally to heal off boosted Surfs and Heal Belled when poisoned from Toxic. It was the ideal situation to use Charge Beam over Toxic and sealed the deal for me to keep it on her.

Armaldo
Battle Armor
Impish
Leftovers
252HP 252 Def

Stealth Rock Rapid Spin Rock Blast X-Scissor

Armaldo is my favorite NU rapid Spinner (at least until Sandslash's inevitable drop to NU). He has great bulk with Base 75/100/80 defenses and the team greatly appreciates his ability to keep hazards off of the team (especially Swellow and Glalie). His Stealth rocks are also useful for the team to keep pressure on the opponent keeping threats like Charizard at bay while also allowing the team to pick off foes it normally couldn't. He also has nice offensive presence with his base 125 Attack stat making him a great tank often coming in to protect a teammate and neutralize the threat. He also completes the core of my team taking on threats like Sawsbuck who both tangelo and Audino have problems with. Armaldo is a great member of the team and it is going to be hard replacing him with Sandslash. In fact,I might not do it due to my love for him and his ability to take on Sawsbuck unlike Sandslash.

Glalie
Ice Body (I wish Moody)
Jolly
Focus Sash
252Speed 252Attack

Ice Shard Taunt Spikes Explosion

Glalie is the second fastest user of spikes in the tier next to Scolipede. However, Glalie's access to Priority,Taunt,and Explosion as well as the fact that Scolipede wasn't NU when I made this team are all reasons I use him over his rival. His ability to almost guarantee 2 layers of spikes are essential to the success of Swellow and Golurk who lack boosting moves. With taunt he can easily shut down walls like Alomomola trying to support its team and continue to set up on it. His ice shard can pick off foes if Golurk or Swellow happen to fail to do so. Finally, his Explosion allows for a safe switch in to the previously mentioned teammates while simultaneously causing massive damage.

In conclusion I have had a great time using this team and we would appreciate any advice you can give us. Thank You

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think your reasoning for Charge Beam on Audino is convincing at all. No one really uses Dewgong, so it is not a good example. No decent player would stay in and let you repeatedly boost up with Charge Beam either, so that reasoning is also out the door. If you don't like Toxic, then I suggest considering either Double Edge or Fire Blast instead. Double Edge has STAB and high base power to make up for Audino's lack of offensive presence, while Fire Blast can deal with Steel-types to ease the pressure off Golurk.

Swellow is better off using Quick Attack over Protect. You really appreciate having the priority, and it is hardly difficult to find a safe switch in to activate Toxic Orb against stuff like Golurk, Alomomola, Choiced Pokemon, and most Spikers when they are setting up.

Finally, Glalie is not that great a Spiker with its lack of bulk and terrible defensive typing. Sure, you have ok Speed and Taunt, while Focus Sash lets you take a single hit. However, those aren't exactly great benefits compared to the utility offered by other Spikers. I particularly like bulky Scolipede since it still has good offensive presence (which your team lacks overall), a Poison-typing to absorb Toxic Spikes, good defensive typing to check Fighting-types, and has access to both Spikes AND Toxic Spikes. It is also much faster than Glalie, has a couple of usable abilities, and has decent two-move coverage.

Changes:

Audino: Double Edge/Fire Blast>Charge Beam
Swellow: Quick Attack>Protect
Scolipede>Glalie

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail / Toxic

I will leave the rest of your team to other raters, but there is more to comment on (Agent Dell is working on the continuation of this rate if you will). Good luck!

Firstly, nice team! w
Couple of points:
a) Jynx is killing the team: ScarfJynx outspeeds the whole team and OHKOes Swellow, Golurk, Tangela and Glalie while 2HKOing Audino and Armaldo.
b) CB Sawk is ALSO killing the team as it clean KOs Glalie, Swellow(ohkoed by cc on the switch), Audino, Golurk and Armaldo while 2HKOing Tangela, meaning nothing on your team can actually switch into it

As these are both very common threats, I would suggest you replace Audino with Musharna. Audino is outclassed as a cleric by Musharna, who has good defenses as well as great offensive power.

Musharna@Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 SpD
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave/Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Best of luck!

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WhiteDMist intended to have me continue on with this rate in terms of addressing to your problems, so I'm here to help. One of the many problems that I've been seeing out of this RMT is that you tend to overhype a lot of the options that you utilize just because they may happen to work out well for you in a specific situation, when in reality they aren't nearly as viable as you perceive them to be and thus you should be opting to run better roles for you team needs. An example would be the problem with your current Golurk set in particular in that while it may look like a good late-game cleaner, it does require substantial amount of support to do anything because it struggles to break through a majority of physical walls and is unable to keep up with Scarf base 95 Pokemon such as Primeape and Jynx, two of the most common revenge killers in the tier.

To better address to this, I think you should be utilizing the bulky Stealth Rock Golurk as the option of choice here. Golurk's many resistances and immunities allows it to match up better against most opposing Stealth Rock users and can gain free opportunities as it switches in to something that does underwhelming damage to it, such as Fighting-types, Electric-types, and Scolipede, while still maintaining good offensive power with Iron Fist and good coverage.

Continuing on, I don't find Armaldo to be particularly useful for you on this team, as its lack of resistances and the fact that it's easily worn down not only puts more work for Audino here, but in the long run it slows down your team just to get a Rapid Spin off, which your team doesn't particularly need. Its damage output is mediocre without any investment, while its good physical bulk is let down by its lack of resistances. A good replacement would be Shell Smash Carracosta, which keeps the Normal-resistance while adding a Flying and Fire resistance that your team really appreciates. Handling Braviary and Charizard is particularly helpful for your team. Carracosta can also break through a lot of walls that Swellow tends to struggle against, and the same case can be applied towards vice-versa.

Hope we helped.

Code:
Suggestion of changes:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

I don't think your reasoning for Charge Beam on Audino is convincing at all. No one really uses Dewgong, so it is not a good example. No decent player would stay in and let you repeatedly boost up with Charge Beam either, so that reasoning is also out the door. If you don't like Toxic, then I suggest considering either Double Edge or Fire Blast instead. Double Edge has STAB and high base power to make up for Audino's lack of offensive presence, while Fire Blast can deal with Steel-types to ease the pressure off Golurk.

Swellow is better off using Quick Attack over Protect. You really appreciate having the priority, and it is hardly difficult to find a safe switch in to activate Toxic Orb against stuff like Golurk, Alomomola, Choiced Pokemon, and most Spikers when they are setting up.

Finally, Glalie is not that great a Spiker with its lack of bulk and terrible defensive typing. Sure, you have ok Speed and Taunt, while Focus Sash lets you take a single hit. However, those aren't exactly great benefits compared to the utility offered by other Spikers. I particularly like bulky Scolipede since it still has good offensive presence (which your team lacks overall), a Poison-typing to absorb Toxic Spikes, good defensive typing to check Fighting-types, and has access to both Spikes AND Toxic Spikes. It is also much faster than Glalie, has a couple of usable abilities, and has decent two-move coverage.

Changes:

Audino: Double Edge/Fire Blast>Charge Beam
Swellow: Quick Attack>Protect
Scolipede>Glalie

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 56 Def / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Megahorn
- Aqua Tail / Toxic

I will leave the rest of your team to other raters, but there is more to comment on (Agent Dell is working on the continuation of this rate if you will). Good luck!
First off thank you for the suggestion on Scolipede. I will definitely try him out. As for quick attack on Swellow, I would completely agree with running it over protect if it wasn't for Heal Bell on Audino. Due to her Heal Bell Swellow would have a hard time consistently activating Toxic Orb. Now as for Charge Beam I think you misunderstand how and why I am using it. I probably should have explained it better. You are correct that is highly situational, but on a pokemon like audino who only really needs Wish Heal Bell and protect having a situatonal move is permissible. In fact I rarely am able to use charge Beam on Audino so I am not heavily relying on it as I might have portrayed. When I use charge beam I am by no means attempting to sweep. The fact that the opponent would switch out trying to stop me is almost what I am going for actually because I am usually running down the taunt counter or outstalling someone. Perhaps a better example of its use is in a stall battle between the more commonly used toxic stall Articuno. Rather than switching out and having to deal with toxic on another pokemon Audino can force it out and allowing me to heal my team without Articuno stopping me.
Also I forgot to ask. What does that spread do for Scolipede. What I mean by that is what are the 36atk and 56 def for so I am using this scolipede properly. Thank You

Firstly, nice team! w
Couple of points:
a) Jynx is killing the team: ScarfJynx outspeeds the whole team and OHKOes Swellow, Golurk, Tangela and Glalie while 2HKOing Audino and Armaldo.
b) CB Sawk is ALSO killing the team as it clean KOs Glalie, Swellow(ohkoed by cc on the switch), Audino, Golurk and Armaldo while 2HKOing Tangela, meaning nothing on your team can actually switch into it

As these are both very common threats, I would suggest you replace Audino with Musharna. Audino is outclassed as a cleric by Musharna, who has good defenses as well as great offensive power.

Musharna@Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 SpD
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave/Baton Pass
- Heal Bell

Best of luck!
Thanks for the tips Jynx and Sawk are threats I definitely need to look out for. However with scarfed Jynx, my Audino spread is only 3 hit KO'd by Focus Blast and Psyshock after leftovers so I can usually stall it out with Wish and protect. Sawk I usually have to revenge kill with Swellow if banded or wall it with tangelo if scarfed. As for Musharna it would fit perfectly on this team if it had wish so I am going to have to pass although its bulk is much appreciated. I may try it out anyway to see if it works though so I appreciate the advice as it would help tremendously against Sawk and Jynx.

WhiteDMist intended to have me continue on with this rate in terms of addressing to your problems, so I'm here to help. One of the many problems that I've been seeing out of this RMT is that you tend to overhype a lot of the options that you utilize just because they may happen to work out well for you in a specific situation, when in reality they aren't nearly as viable as you perceive them to be and thus you should be opting to run better roles for you team needs. An example would be the problem with your current Golurk set in particular in that while it may look like a good late-game cleaner, it does require substantial amount of support to do anything because it struggles to break through a majority of physical walls and is unable to keep up with Scarf base 95 Pokemon such as Primeape and Jynx, two of the most common revenge killers in the tier.

To better address to this, I think you should be utilizing the bulky Stealth Rock Golurk as the option of choice here. Golurk's many resistances and immunities allows it to match up better against most opposing Stealth Rock users and can gain free opportunities as it switches in to something that does underwhelming damage to it, such as Fighting-types, Electric-types, and Scolipede, while still maintaining good offensive power with Iron Fist and good coverage.

Continuing on, I don't find Armaldo to be particularly useful for you on this team, as its lack of resistances and the fact that it's easily worn down not only puts more work for Audino here, but in the long run it slows down your team just to get a Rapid Spin off, which your team doesn't particularly need. Its damage output is mediocre without any investment, while its good physical bulk is let down by its lack of resistances. A good replacement would be Shell Smash Carracosta, which keeps the Normal-resistance while adding a Flying and Fire resistance that your team really appreciates. Handling Braviary and Charizard is particularly helpful for your team. Carracosta can also break through a lot of walls that Swellow tends to struggle against, and the same case can be applied towards vice-versa.

Hope we helped.

Code:
Suggestion of changes:

Golurk @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
I hate to admit it but you are right about Armaldo slowing the team down. Often times he can only get one opportunity to rapid spin but he usually gets the job done. I'll definitely try out Carracosta. As for Golurk I think you underestimate his ability to sweep. I would not attempt a rock polish unless I knew he out sped the opponents team. So threats like Jynx and Primeape would have already been dealt with. Golurk's access to the immunities mentioned is what allows him to get good opportunities to Rock Polish. This set has been too successful for me to drop but I will definitely add Carracosta as Charizard can be a nuisance to this team at times. Thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)