The Junk Yard Dawgs

As mentioned in my previous NU RMT, I am in the process of setting a youtube channel which will feature battles from all the major tiers as well as some lesser commentated battles such as mixed tier and draft battles. Prior to launching my channel, I'm getting at least one team for each tier ready to go with RU being the last team I need. As with NU I have limited experience with the lower tiers so I will combine two perspective teams into one thread to maximize my options. As always thanks for any advice you can provide, its all greatly appreciated

STABX4

Team At A Glance:

In Depth Analysis:

9 Volt [Electivire]@ Expert Belt

Motor Drive

248 Atk/36 SpA/224 Speed

Naive

Wild Charge

Flamethrower

Earthquake

Ice Punch

Electivire has always been one of my favorite RU pokemon mainly due to its wide coverage ability. Despite not being overly strong, when equipped with an Expert Belt Electivire becomes a dangerous late game sweeper. Wild Charge serves as my most powerful STAB option and puts a huge dent in anything that takes at least nutural damage. Flamethrower covers well with wild charge as it hits anything that resists the former hard. Earthquake gives Electivire a way to hit opposing electrics who already grant a free switch in thanks to Motor Drive. Ice Punch provides coverage against dragons and pounds frailer grass types.

Pin Cushion [Quilfish]@Leftovers

Intimidate

252 HP/240 Def/16 SpD

Impish

Spikes

Thunder Wave

Pain Split

Waterfall

Qwilfish serves as my lead as its ability to lay spikes works very well in tandem with Electivire as well as supporting the overall team. Spikes is the main objective for Qwilfish as it allows Electivire to finish off many foes it couldnt without hazard support. Qwilfish is my check to many physical attackers including Entei who could wreck the team otherwise. Thunder Wave slows down faster threats especially Scarfers who are done without the extra speed. Pain Split provides Qwilfish with recovery, greatly increasing its longevity. Lastly Waterfall prevents me from becoming taunt bait while hitting decently hard in spite of the Wall status.

Smaug [Druddigon]@ Choice Band

Rough Skin

236 HP/252 Atk/20 Speed

Adamant

Outrage

Earthquake

Sucker Punch

Dragon Claw

Druddigon's high attack and useful typing make it a premiere Choice Band user. Outrage is the main STAB wrecking everything bar steel types. Earthquake takes out steels who resist Outrage without the Stat drops from superpower. Sucker Punch gives Druddigon a priority move to make up for its lack of speed allowing it to clean up weakened foes. Finally Dragon Claw provides an alternate dragon attack that wont force me to be locked in on a steel switch in.

Alcide [Entei]@ Life Orb

Pressure

252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Speed

Naughty

Flare Blitz

Extremespeed

Stone Edge

HP Grass

Entei is one of the best Physical attackers in RU and primarily serves as the revenge killer for this team. Life Orb provides almost the same boost as Choice Band while allowing me to switch moves. Flare Blitz is a 2HKO on anything that doesnt resist it. Extremespeed is the best priority move in the game and finishes of weakened foes. Stone Edge takes care of opposing fire types while HP Grass threatens Ground types such as Kabutops and Rydon who would otherwise chase Entei out.

Lawn Rider [Rotom-C]@Choice Scarf

Levitate

4 SpD/252 SpA/252 Speed

Timid

Volt Switch

Leaf Storm

Thunderbolt

Trick

Rotom-C replaces Sceptile due to its better synergy with Qwilfish and also becomes my late game cleaner. Volt Switch is used to keep offensive momentum on my side early to mid game and allows me to scout opponents. Leaf Storm is extremely powerful and demolishes pokemon like Rydon who try to block volt switch. Thunderbolt is Rotom's main move when assuming its cleaner role as it hits any none counter hard. Lastly Trick cripples walls like Clefable who are designed to stop Rotom from mopping up.

Grimm [Absol]@ Life Orb

Super Luck

4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed

Naughty

Sucker Punch

Night Slash

Superpower

Fire Blast

While this team is not particularly weak to Psychic or Ghost types that run wild in RU, Absol is a strong, fast attacker that can easily trap and eliminate them. With the addition of Rotom to my team, Absol can afford to take on a more offensive role. Sucker Punch is the strongest STAB move allowing me to outspeed faster foes. Night Slash takes care of bulkier pokemon like Uxie as well as having a high chance to crit with Super Luck. Superpower hurts many strong pokemon such as Aggron that arent scared of dark type moves. Finally Fire Blast provides additional coverage against grass and bug types

Last edited:
Hi, nice team! Here are some suggestions:

Hey, since you don't have a spinner, I'd suggest you use either CB Entei, Expert Belt, or Flame Plate. Life Orb + Stealth Rock will rack up fast. Also on Entei, I'd suggest you just make it Adamant so you can have some bulk. Without investment, the power isn't that noticeable (correct me if I'm wrong, new-ish to RU).
Also, be careful with CB and Sucker Punch on Druddigon. Only use it when you have to. Seriously. If I were you, I'd turn it into the bulky ST setter-upper. That doesn't really matter, though.

Damage Calcs:
I noticed that you don't have Stealth Rock on your team, but you have Spikes. This could give you a few problems with Entei.
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Electivire: 409-483 (140.54 - 165.97%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Absol: 447-526 (164.33 - 193.38%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sceptile: 834-984 (296.79 - 350.17%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Entei: 376-444 (101.34 - 119.67%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Entei Stone Edge vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Druddigon: 180-212 (50.84 - 59.88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Omastar is the only one who can really take a hit, although it is not going to like HP Grass.
4- SpA Entei Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Omastar: 224-264 (65.11 - 76.74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

To remedy this, you can still have spikes on an even bulkier water known as Qwilfish.

Qwilfish @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 16 Spd / 252 HP / 240 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
- Waterfall

Qwilfish, with Intimidate, shuts down Entei, Escavalier, and so many physical threats your team isn't going to want to face. Spikes keeps the same bit of utility you had. Thunder Wave will help your Pokemon outspeed others, and also cripple scarf'd threats. Pain Split is Qwilfish's form of recovery, while Waterfall hits hard (for a wall I guess). Qwilfish also absorbs Toxic Spikes.

Now with this, I'd suggest that you replace Sceptile with another Pokemon, same Grass-type, but with an immunity to Qwilfish's ground-type weakness: Rotom-C.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability @Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Timid Nature (+Spe -Atk)
-Volt Switch
-Leaf Storm
-Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire
-Trick

Rotom-C is probably my favorite of the many different formes. With a scarf, it can outspeed pretty much anything not scarfed itself. Volt Switch will help build momentum for you team. With that, you can switch into the right thing and then your opponent will switch. You'll get Spikes damage that way. Leaf Storm hits hard, as does Thunderbolt and HP Fire. Both moves work, your preference. Trick cripples stallwars and walls. This can help you immensely.

These two synergize well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)