The Just Clause Tournament (Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I don't think he was planning on handpicking from the very beginning but then realized that it might be better. He hasn't hosted before or played in many tournaments so he's pretty new to this.

No, my problem with this is that when I logged off for the night yesterday, I WAS ON THE FREAKING LIST, and when I log on today, I'm not. And yet a lot of users with no badges signed up after me, and are on the list. It's not fair in any sense.

I don't want anything to do with this tournament any more. Good day.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
How would it be better? It takes more time to handpick people, so your arguement is bullshit. It would be so much easier to select the first 32.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
How would it be better? It takes more time to handpick people, so your arguement is bullshit. It would be so much easier to select the first 32.
32 spots isn't a lot, depending on when the thread is posted some good tournament players may not have been able to sign-up. handpicking people makes sure that the better players are able to participate

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Stop getting so mad with this. There are plenty of other tourneys in Smogon so using the "I was gonna get known by playing in this tourney!!" excuse is pretty bad. Not only that, but you guys arent the hosts, Exclamation Point and locopoke are, and if they think about and decide letting more known players to play in their tourney, they are totally free to do so. Honestly this isnt going anywhere, and sure, he may have had a mistake by not posting he would have picked more known players over newer ones, but please its his first tourney hosted, cut him some slack.

No, my problem with this is that when I logged off for the night yesterday, I WAS ON THE FREAKING LIST, and when I log on today, I'm not. And yet a lot of users with no badges signed up after me, and are on the list. It's not fair in any sense.

I don't want anything to do with this tournament any more. Good day.
Didnt it cross your mind that maybe you were on the list because you posted soon, but if other more known players post after you, and the host wants to let them join because he knows they will make a better job contacting/playing/etc. than you, its up to him and seriously, bashing them isnt going to change things. Btw, the "other non badged users posted after me and they got in but i didnt" thing, not all good/known tourney players have badges, there are some like Krack and SilentEcho that have no badges yet they are very well known by being good tourney players in general.

And you have posted 3 times that you dont care about this tourney, so why keep posting it.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Still though, I don't care who makes the tournament if they are new or whatever, it doesn't matter to me. The point is to let people know ahead of time what is going on, whether it is handpicked or first come first serve. Maybe that is what you wanted from the beginning, I don't know. If it were me that was in your position, I would just make the tourney a 64 man and remember for next time to at least mention that handpicking is how the tourney will go.

I honestly do not know why you are arguing Ala. If it was first come first serve you wouldn't be on the list and if it was hand picked you probably would of been on the list. Anyways, I will update the OP about my methods of picking people.

Again I am sorry for the mix-up and please do not blame locopoke for the mix-up.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm just saying how I feel about this, not arguing. I just felt that the other users had a point to be angry because they were treated unfairly. Thanks for updating the first post, hopefully this won't happen again in the future.

how is it possible that i am listed as being in the tournament, yet it also lists me as being a reserve? not sure what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)