The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Peaked 1st)

Now before we begin, I believe this has been my first RMT here at Smogon. (I am unsure if I have done so before; 5 years is a long time).

The first thing that you may notice is that this team is basically Do as Much Damage in the shortest amount of time possible. This is correct, as I like fast gameplay and making my opponants play on the Defensive instead offensive.

Originally; this team was just another Copy Pasta Sand Storm Team which slowly had it's members switched out for Pokemon that could counter stuff I was having trouble with.

Mr. Bird (Staraptor) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn

This guy here is my 'lead' as you will. Although seeing as Smogon has the Wifi thing going for it; my lead is usually switched up for something else [Although he does stay in that spot against weather teams as it OHKO's all of them but Hippowdon].

Basically, Mr. Bird's job is to get in, cause as much damage as humanely possible with Brave Bird or Double Edge and then kill itself. Let's face it; even if you resist one or the other, a 360 Base Attack coming off 379 Atk is going to brutally injure you if you don't have around 300 in defence. Close Combat is just for the rare times T-Tar is leading.

U-Turn because filler and whynot? purposes.

Mr. Raep (Tyranitar) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 152 Atk / 116 SDef / 240 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch

Originally; this fine sir was going to be Choiced or Scarfed but for some strange reason, I popped on a Lum Berry.

It functioned fantastically when people think I am running Adamant T-Tar and switched in their Breloom to take the attack (most of the times Crunch). Then at this point, 9 times out of 10 they will try to spore either T-tar or a predicted switch. (Take note that the Speed of this t-tar is 1 point above Max speed Adamant Breloom) At this point, I subsequently killed it with Ice Punch (Before or after SS).

Lum also functions as a Way to Bluff a Choice item while not fearing the status people try to put on me. Crunch for duh stab, Ice Punch for Dragon's (particular those of the flying variety) and deal massive blows to low speed Gliscor's who think they can ruin the fun. Earthquake to round out coverage.

Originally I ran Stone Edge instead of Thunder Punch because it hit waters for the same amount of damage as well as obvious stab, but the terrible accuracy really annoyed me that I ended up getting rid of it for Thunder Punches more reliable accuracy.

Also Sandstream to help Excadrill and those odd times I have to rid myself of other types of weather.

Mr. Drill (Doryuuzu) (M) @ Balloon
Trait: Sand Throw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Return

Almost always comes in to clean up late game after I know what the opponant's team is, the counters are gone and that the defensive Pokemon can't survive hits.

Originally I ran Jolly, just for the fact that I would speed tie other Dory's (and Brick Break to pop said mole' balloon) but I was losing some valuable Kills, OHKOs (or 2ko without the SD) on other stuff.Then I realized that as overpowered as it may be, I was seeing less and less Balloon Dory around (as well as the fact that the people who ran them weren't familiar with the whole Saybleye can trick them an Iron ball to halve their speed) and non balloon Dory's lose out to an earthquake right away.

Return instead of X-Scissor because most Grass Types are OHKO'd by it and I can do some heavier damage on Pokes that resist EQ and have either Rock Slide or X-Scissor neutral against them.

Mr. Ufuk (Shandera) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Originally I was opposed to this guy (I was running Serperior to begin with) but I was sick and tired of this thing coming in and Revenging everything. So eventually I turned to the Dark side. Probably one of the best thing I could have done.

As I mentioned earlier, I usually switch up my lead. Half of the time this guy here steps in to utterly destroy the ones it is capable of one shotting. I don't care if they get rocks up or not in this scenario.

When not leading, this guy is your basic Revengencer; nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. Any sight of Serperior or Nattorei and this guy comes in straight away without hesitation.

Mr. Jelly (Rankurusu) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Without fail, I will alway Trick Room and then just kill as much as it can. It's a no brainer really.

It was orriginally added to the team because at the time, Rapooshin used to laugh at my team all day, erry day. And because I saw that the Trick Room Life Orb set could do some massive ammounts of damage.

Usually the Pokemon I always switch in after my lead is killed. As mentioned earlier, I Trick Room up and then just attack accordingly. Psychic because I still want to do massive damage against the defensive stuff, Shadow Ball for Ghosts, and HP Fight to round out coverage. HP Fight over Focus Blast because I hate missing.

Mr. Joker (Sableye) (M) @ Iron Ball
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

This little guy I almost without fail place on every single DW team I make. Another 30% of the time, this guy ends up leading. By use of Taunt, it can shut down leads who want to set up hazards and attack Physically, and can also shut down Blissey, Skarm and friends who think they can wall and or set up entry hazards. With WoW, it ruins Phys Sweepers (who aren't running Guts).

Trick with the Iron Ball is nasty in that it renders Flying types immunities to Ground useless as well as halving their speed. I can also take away certain Pokemon's lefties which when combined with SS and Burn, they are taking 18 or so percent of damage each turn. Tricking an Iron Ball is notable that it can ruin Lati's, Chandelures, Excadrills, Blaziken (before ban), and most other Fliers, Levitators, and Choicers (Which can then be passed on to Poke's that do not want said Choice Items).

Decent. Just one thing.
1. It is a really bad idea to make a team all sweepers/walls/stallers/etc. Even if that is what you are going for, at least have a wildcard somewhere in your team. Something that will throw your opponent off. Something that will make them go, "What the hell?". I recommend Endure-Salac-Reversal-Haxorus because your team is lacking a dragon. Plus a base 147 attack stat+STAB Outrage is nothing to laugh at. On top of that, no one will ever expect that on a Haxorus.

Like I said, don't go with all sweepers, because a couple of walls with good typing can stop them. Hope this helps.

Decent. Just one thing.
1. It is a really bad idea to make a team all sweepers/walls/stallers/etc. Even if that is what you are going for, at least have a wildcard somewhere in your team. Something that will throw your opponent off. Something that will make them go, "What the hell?". I recommend Endure-Salac-Reversal-Haxorus because your team is lacking a dragon. Plus a base 147 attack stat+STAB Outrage is nothing to laugh at. On top of that, no one will ever expect that on a Haxorus.

Like I said, don't go with all sweepers, because a couple of walls with good typing can stop them. Hope this helps.
Hmm, that is kind of what Sableye is there for; most walls can't do much damage to it. The only wall that I can think of that can do a decent amount to it is Hippowdon, but that falls to Will of Wisp and repeated recovers.

Other than that is Nattorei (usually brought in early to deal with my Phys sweepers) but as I mentioned earlier Chandelure comes in immediately and kills it.

As for the Haxorus; I'm not too keen on it really, seeing as there is an abundance of Priority Abusers and will easily fall prey to my own Sand Storm...

Thanks for the imput though.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So.. you want him to put an Endure pokemon on a team with sandstorm? That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me.

My one suggestion would be to run Recover over Trick Room. The rest of your team doesn't really benefit from TR at all, and given Reuniclus' defenses, he should be able to last long enough to throw up a Recover and begin his slow, but powerful romp through your opponent again.

Hi,

Don't have time for a full rate sorry. But from what I can see you have 3 weak to Ground and only one resistor and 3 weak to water an no resistors :S. I can see this team having trouble with rain teams. I suggest hanging Sableye with Rotom-W. Will tell you why when I have more time to give you a full rate!

GL

I usually go with Overheat instead of Flamethrower on Scarf Chandelure, simply because more often than not, you're switching out after killing something, so the SpA drop usually doesn't matter. Cool team though, congrats on #1.

I usually go with Overheat instead of Flamethrower on Scarf Chandelure, simply because more often than not, you're switching out after killing something, so the SpA drop usually doesn't matter. Cool team though, congrats on #1.
This is a decent idea, but I find that there is nothing I switch Chandelure in against will survive a Flame Thrower (When it's obvious to use it)so there is no point going with Overheat, which might I add, has a chance to miss. Oh and thanks for the congrat's bro.

@ Dezza: Dory can function as a Ground Resistor until I decide to lose the balloon and Staraptor can do it if it's still alive. Also the Water aspect I am painfully aware of. Choiced Azumaril can absolutely Beastmode this team if played correctly.

And sorry, I can see why Rotom W would be used over Sableye, but it's ability Mischeivious Heart Trick, Taunt and WoW is too valuable.

@Biggie: I'm sorry, but if I ran Recover over but I would lose my major mid game player and lose a lot of momentum. Not to mention the fact that it would problem die after only killing one at best due to it's low speed. It may be bulky, but not bulky enough to survive the kinds of hits directed at it.

To everyone, Iim thinking of running one of the Dragon's or Rotom W instead of Staraptor. Oppinions?

I played this team on PO D: I got raped.
Good job on this team, although i have to say you might wanna find a way to deal with rain teams.

For a full out offensive team, this one does really well. :)

Decent. Just one thing.

It is actually a play style and called Hyper Offense. Lots of people use it with success. Besides, it's not like he is running a team of six glass cannons. Endure Haxorus + Sandstorm = Epic failure. That will not work out at all.

My only suggestion would be to use a few more Speed Evs on Tyranitar. That way, you get the jump on base 115s, namely Starmie. It doesn't seem like you would lose anything important in the process. A Jolly Roost LO/Leftovers Staraptor set could also give it a bit more survivability. Seeing how you peaked #1, you probably don't need to change anything though.

Isn't shadow tag Shandera(Chandelure) banned now?

It is sort of hyper offense I agree. Careful with the very rare Trick Room teams and the very common Rain teams (more of a threat). you might want to use Murkrow in order to t-wave rain teams and it has mischevious heart as well so that will work =D. Nice team though especially for total offense.

Imo, Air Balloon on Excadrill is overrated. I think you're better of using Life Orb + Jolly nature or a Chople Berry to kill Mach Punch users.

My only suggestion would be to use a few more Speed Evs on Tyranitar. That way, you get the jump on base 115s, namely Starmie.
Hmm, I could do that; But I am currently outspeeding the highly successful -Speed with no speed investment Starmie :P

Besides; it's only 3 Points of max speed as is.

A Jolly Roost LO/Leftovers Staraptor set could also give it a bit more survivability. Seeing how you peaked #1, you probably don't need to change anything though.
Good idea there, but I lose the OHKO on no Def invested Politoed and Ninetales.

Also, tseeing as I can see the opponants team at the start of the battle I

@Temporal: Nah, it's not banned from DW OU yet.

About Rain teams, I usually have no trouble with them due to the fact that I almost always kill the Politoed early. In other situations, it's mainly a case of Reuniclus Trick Rooming and killing half the opponants team or alteast a injuring the main players badly.

@Delko: The balloon is good because it offers me another Ground immune until it gets popped. Anything else and I'm getting killed easily by eq from stuff I could set up a SD on and then ohko. Also, I normally deal with the Mach Punchers before I bring Dory in.

With Life Orb, your damage output would actually be higher, but I understand your decision.
Oh wait, duh, forgot about that you mentioned Life Orb.

Eh, tried it out for a bit. Functions well, but I'm not really getting any extra kills that the Adamant Scarfed. There is also the fact I'm losing out to stuff I could outspeed and ohko without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)