The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Toph being able to sense the avatar and doesn't segregate between who they are is interesting.

Wonder what's happening with the dark avatar and what they're going to pull with that, it's more than Korra going batshit so it must be something else. Overall pretty sweet episode

toph does know that it wasn't Aang though, she said that she was good friends with Korra's "previous life". It's obvious that she shouldn't know exactly who "Korra" is because she never met her, but she does know that she's the avatar which is p cool.

Last edited:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
jesus this episode was amazing

"I can't clothe myself, I can't cook for myself, I can't do anything without needing help!"

god damn that line made me think just how weak korra must have felt since shes usually proud as fuck

getting a lot of kill bill vibes from that scene where korra tries to move her toe
then got a lot of breaking bad vibes from korra's entire rehabilitation scene

also i have to say that the show is doing an excellent job depicting depression and just how shattered korra is by everything that's going on

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
One of the subtle things I liked about the episode is how Korra was trying to move her toe early on, and then leading up to Toph calling her by Aang's nickname, "Twinkle Toes".

One of the subtle things I liked about the episode is how Korra was trying to move her toe early on, and then leading up to Toph calling her by Aang's nickname, "Twinkle Toes".
I would be amazed if that had been an intentional decision, but yeah. It makes that final scene that much better.

Nice to see Toph unchanged (personality and probably strength wise) and I'm interested to see how the conflict between Mako and Bolin resolves itself. Most likely Bolin realizes Kuvira is insane and switches sides but idk. nice to see the three airbending children in action [:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Kuvira has, at this point, done nothing to be designated a bad guy / villain, so I'm not sure why people are calling her bad / evil.

I'm aware she's the probable main antagonist for this arc so there will most likely be some revelation shown / action done / decision made that displays her "evil" side, but so far she has done nothing particularly bad.

She refused to hand over power to a groveling idiot and kept power when she, objectively speaking, brought positive results to the Earth "Empire." Sounds intelligent to me. The desires of the world leaders mean less than the majority of her people (seemingly anyway).

I think the worst thing she has done is play hard ball with towns unwilling to give her their loyalty, but it is her foodstuffs / army that is provided security / rations for them, so I don't find that "villain worthy." Hard-headed / unreasonable sure, but not evil.

I wonder what they'll do to turn her formally evil...probably related to that tech being developed. I assume she'll use it as a super strong weapon and attack Zao Fu (spelling?) or something to make her officially "villainous."

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This book has probably started off approximately infinity times better than any other TLA or LoK book imo :]

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
She put people in prison camps???
Yea, that's probably the start of her "evil" ways, but honestly with the context that particular line was stated I didn't get the same impression I normally would.

Mainly, it was a world leader whining about her position and then stating that. For all we know, it could be rebels / bandits etc. (I'm aware it's most liekly just dissenting towns, but my point is atm I'm not buying it at face value)

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ya i'm wondering when the "evil" of Kuvira will actually come up.

Freaking love how they developed Toph and enjoy that she seems to have "reverted" back to her young self. You can see instances of her more grown-up mature self as she's talking about the past, but she mostly puts on an air of how she was when she was younger. Also love the kind of wisdom she's bringing to the show.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think her evil has come up. It's pretty evident that she bullied her way into getting other people to join her (I really wouldn't call this 'playing hard ball') and then she didn't return power to the new Earth King. Sure, objectively speaking she got results, but she did it through bullying. And yes, the new Earth King is a dumb guy, but Republic City's president stated that they would send people who are actually good at politics to oversee the government's duties.

She brought positive results to the Earth Kingdom through bullying and fear. Kuriva even "warned" "anyone who gets in their way." I see how this can be seen as "defending the nation" but in this context it was a straight up threat to anyone against her becoming the ruler of the new Earth Kingdom.

Heck, she even said that Beifong's sister's (can't remember name atm) town was going to "get something coming to anyone who is not with Kuriva." How is that not evil? It's the same thing that the Fire Nation did when they attacked 100 years ago, and continued to do so until Aang put an end to it.

I think her evil has come up. It's pretty evident that she bullied her way into getting other people to join her (I really wouldn't call this 'playing hard ball') and then she didn't return power to the new Earth King. Sure, objectively speaking she got results, but she did it through bullying. And yes, the new Earth King is a dumb guy, but Republic City's president stated that they would send people who are actually good at politics to oversee the government's duties.

She brought positive results to the Earth Kingdom through bullying and fear. Kuriva even "warned" "anyone who gets in their way." I see how this can be seen as "defending the nation" but in this context it was a straight up threat to anyone against her becoming the ruler of the new Earth Kingdom.

Heck, she even said that Beifong's sister's (can't remember name atm) town was going to "get something coming to anyone who is not with Kuriva." How is that not evil? It's the same thing that the Fire Nation did when they attacked 100 years ago, and continued to do so until Aang put an end to it.
Agreed. And her direct challenge to Lin's sister (forgot her name) points to a coming battle/episode. I'd really love to see the two fight. Although, I am not sure why Kuriva did not conquer Zao Fu already.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Kuvira has, at this point, done nothing to be designated a bad guy / villain, so I'm not sure why people are calling her bad / evil.

I'm aware she's the probable main antagonist for this arc so there will most likely be some revelation shown / action done / decision made that displays her "evil" side, but so far she has done nothing particularly bad.

I'd bet money that she's responsible for the mercenaries that magically had access to a plane when they robbed Opal and Kai, but I'll leave that out of this since it's clearly not true yet/ever.

Honestly, I really like the way avatar has been portraying the antagonists these past few seasons as antagonists rather than villains. Sure Amon and Unalaq were power hungry/revenge seeking, but the Red Lotus's actions were based in ideology, and Kuviera balances ambition with actually helping people (personally I think they could have made her more morally ambiguous by not having her threaten Suyin's city).

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
also holy shit this is a good avvy rofl
sigh...

This book has probably started off approximately infinity times better than any other TLA or LoK book imo :]
the start of book 3 fire was godlike

episode 3 was pretty average but it sets up so many things im realy excited for next week.

if you guys paid attention to the trailer you'll see this clip and it just adds to the importance of the vine scene at the end of the episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)