XY OU The Little Fairy that Could

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Smogon. I'm Clone, and I'm bringing you my second RMT here. The first one was a Sand Team and the link is in my sig if you want to look at it. Anyways, with Mawilite getting banned soon (don’t lie to yourself – we all know its coming), I thought that it would be a good time to showcase one of my best teams that featured her. This was made for the Gauntlet, and got me to the finals. I had restrictions in the mons that I could use, yet I was still able to make a successful team. It fared well on the ladder (got me to ~1790 before decay and tilt iirc) and in the OU room tours (when I didn’t play like a dipshit). All in all this is probably my favorite and most successful team of mine.

Changes in bold.

The team at a glance:

Teambuilding process:

I started off with this core, as it has great offensive synergy by threatening each others checks and counters. It features Mawile, Greninja, and Dragonite. Each are top tier threats, and when combined they perform admirably together. Its probably why theyre listed as a core in the VR thread.

With this in mind, I took a look at what gave these guys trouble. Chansey stood out, as she could wall two of these threats and potentially cripple Mawile with Paralysis. Terrakion was one of the only fighting types I had left, and he came with the added bonus of rocks, so I made him a sash lead set.

Since I had hazards, I wanted hazard control solely to keep DNites Multiscal intact. Latias was chosen as she has the added bonus of being able to check Keldeo as well as kill Mega Venusaur reliably since he could give my current team some trouble. Healing Wish is like the best support move in the game and allows me to get a second chance with a mon should I need it.

I needed a glue, and Azumarill fit the bill perfectly. She checks Mamo quite well, who otherwise took a massive shit on the current team, and also forms a dual fairy core with Mawile that works similarly to Birdspam. AV allows her to pivot admirably (wish she got U-Turn tho =[), and Aqua Jet adds to the priority on this team. And with that, my team was complete.

Onto the team itself.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I've always been a fan of Greninja. From the day he was first revealed at the start of XY, I knew that he would be my starter. Just look at him. He's a badass. In the comp scene, he lives up to his badass appearance. Protean is one of the best offensive abilities in the game, as it allows him to get STAB on everything – basically a free Choice Specs. Anyways, his blazing speed and good coverage shines on this team. Hydro Pump is the Water STAB of choice, as it’s the most powerful move outside of lolHydro Cannon. Hax is a bitch tho. Js. Ice Beam gets amazing coverage in OU, and Greninja hold the title of being one of only two Pokémon who can OHKO DNite thru Multiscale with Ice Beam (Kyubes is the other). Now that’s power. Speaking of power, Extrasensory 2HKOes Mega Venu and OHKOes Keldeo, two things that could otherwise be troublesome. In order to not be deadweight vs. Rotom and Azumarill, HP Grass is in the last slot. Grass Knot could be used over this if you don’t give a fuck about Rotom since it hits most things for more damage, but I went with HP Grass. Sue me. All in all Greninjas blazing fast speed and great power is awesome for this team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Imagine a Pokémon that was so bad that it wasn’t even used in PU – the NU of NU. Now take that Pokémon, give it a 100 BST increase and Huge Power. Impossible, right? Wrong. This Pokémon is Mawile, the Steel/Fairy that makes everyone cringe whenever they see her in the team preview. So much that shes getting suspected, and most likely banned. Yeah, incredible, right? Anyways, Mawile is the star of the team and is the second mon in the Ninja-Mawile-DNite core this team features. She hits like a nuke, and she’ll get a kill or three every match as long as shes played right. Play Rough nukes all non resists, while Sucker Punch negates her bad speed and causes the ‘dreaded’ 50-50s. Fire Fang is for those pesky steel types like Ferro, Skarm, and Scizor that would otherwise wall her to death. Want more power on top of the power from the huge power Mawile has? Use Swords Dance. If she sets up, its gg right there bar a miracle or extreme hax. Shes that deadly. EVs creep creepers of base 60s.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite. The OG Dragon and OG Pseudo Legendary. I'm not a fan of his design, but he still does what he needs to do – kill things. With a Band, DNites power is pretty insane. DD is cool and all, but sometimes you need power without setting up. DNite has that. Extreme Speed is an awesome priority move, which can obliterate weakened targets, especially Thundys who try to rain on your parade with T Wave. Outrage hits like a truck, while EG handles Heatran and Aegis (use to, at least), while Fire Punch roasts Scizor, Skarm, and Ferrothorn who otherwise wall him.EVs live some hit thru Multiscale that I'm too lazy to look up an calc.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade Taunt
-
Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Remember that one fighting type that shit on everything last gen and didn’t care about special attacks when sand was up? Yes? Well, he's back, and better than ever. Sort of. He's a great Sash lead with rocks, and still kills everything with Stone Edge and Close Combat. Now that he doesn’t need EQ anymore, his coverage options are greatly expanded. Even tho HP Ice is all the rage nowadays, I decided to go with a bith of an unorthodox choice in Façade. There really wasn’t anything that I needed to hit since Aegis left, so I decided to go with a move that allows him to still do something if he gets burned. Its not the greatest move by any means, but it comes in handy every once and a while. I had a few suggestions for the last moveslot, and Taunt was chosen. It allows me to shut down Gliscor before I go down, and stop lead Garchomp from getting up rocks. Its situational, but it's probably the best option.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Latias has always been one of my favorite Legendaries. Idk why, but she is. Shes also my goto hazard removers alongside Excadrill (another one of my favorites). Her bulk and access to Healing Wish often draw me towards her instead of her brother, whos got the power. Latias checks Keldeo better, and also hits Venusaur hard enough to score the 2HKO. Psyshock is what allows her to do this. Darco Meteor is the Dragon STAB of choice cuz of dat power. It hits hard enough to OHKO every dragon bar Multiscale DNite (and stupid shit like max spdef Latias), which is more than enough. Defog removes Hazards while Healing Wish gives a teammate a second chance when Latias isn’t needed anymore. IVs minimize Foul Play damage, while the EVs hit a LO number and give her some bulk (they might live some hit, but idk and cba to calc shit).

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Remember the cute and cuddly water rabbit that used to suck back in the day? Well, shes back, and with a vengeance. Shes one of the best dragon slayers in the tier. Shes one of the best fairies in the tier. Shes one of the best water types in the tier. Shes one of the best pivots in the tier. Need I say more? Yes? Okay. She glues this team together by checking Mamoswine, who otherwise shits on this team. She also beats a lot of random Special attackers with an AV, tho most notably Keldeo. She has priority in Aqua Jet that stop things like SR Exca and DD MegaTar, and removes items with Knock Off (yes I kept it even after updating this team after the Aegi band (rip)). Play Rough just nukes things that don’t resist it. Ferro and Venu/Amoonguss give her trouble, but theyre easily handled by teammates. She also forms a nice fairy core with Mawile just like how Birdspam works.

So yeah, that’s the team. Enjoy it while you can, cuz Mawile wont last much longer. I have a few shout outs below:
The DragonKnight He helped me test the team and give me a few suggestions and pointed out some glaring weaknesses.

Mean Mr Snorlax Another bro who helped me with testing.

Dragonicwari He helped me test in the very early stages of the team, which let me revamp it a bit.

mcdanger He gave me a few suggestions, most notably Azu

And everyone else who I fought with this team. It allowed me to fine tune it to where it is now.

Importable:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserved for threat list (if I get around to it).

edit: fuck the threat list. had it 90% done before i lost everything. not typing all that again. biggest threats are mawile, birdspam, mamo, and azu. dragons cant do shit to this team

Last edited:
Hey Clone, this looks like a really good team and has a bunch of threats i would call the faces of xy ou offense. However there are a few things that look a little bit threatening to your team right now, and I think your team will function a little bit better with my suggestions

Id say that mega-scizor is the biggest current threat to the team. He can set up an SD on choice-locked dragonite, latias, and azumarill and proceed to bullet punch his way through your whole team if mawile is a little bit weakened. However, I think there is an easy fix to this problem. I think you should try hp-fire>hp-grass on greninja. This makes av-azumarill a little more of a pain, but you can handle him pretty easily with you own azumarill and mawile with intimidate pre-evo, who can actually set up on -1 azumarill, so its not really a huge deal.

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs:252spa / 252spe / 4 spd
-Hydro Pump
-Extrasensory
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power Fire

Aside from that, I'm also going to suggest HP-ice>facade on terrakion. You said your self that facade is kinda just there for if you get burned, but hp ice allows you to soften up both landorus t, and gliscor, which m-mawile and dragonite both appreciate. You could also go with taunt in this spot to deter other stealth rock leads, but its really up to you.

Terrakion Focus sash
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-stealth rock
-close combat
-stone edge
-taunt/hp ice

Those are all the suggestions I really have, as this is a well-constructed team that you clearly have a lot of experience with. Let me know if you like the changes!

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
Thanks for the rates guys. keep em coming pls Ive decided to change Facade to Taunt cuz it seems like a better choice. As for the other suggestions, Ill try to test them out before this team becomes obsolete. idk about HP Fire on Grennja - Azu seems like a problem without it. Ill test it tho. Same with Latias, tho it looks a bit more promising. Really appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)