ORAS OU The Lopunny Show !

credits to Vohlt for the amazing art :D

I. Intro

Hi Smogon ! Here is my 1st RMT on Smogon !

I'm here to show what I think is the best team I've ever built in ORAS for now, the team I had the most fun using it.

As my favorite playstyle is Offense, I used to have trouble with Lopunny, so why not to use what you have trouble with?

II. Teambuilding Process

So yeah, I wanted to build around Lopunny. Most poeple are using Garchomp Rocky Helmet to deal with Lopunny, so I thought that would probably be a good idea to put Healing Wish in the team. Jirachi could have been a good choice, but Latias looked more interesting, I built the team while Landorus was OU, so Latias was filling the role better. Also it checks Keldeo, which is a threat to offensive team.

After that, I wanted to have something to handle Lopunny and other physical attackers the best possible way. I thought Rocky Helmet Garchomp and Klefki were good for multiple reasons, especially because I have SR + Spikes and the biggest wall to lopunny can be weakened by them (Hippowdon, Mew, Garchomp, Slowbro,...)

I wanted something now to prevent my opponent to remove Entry Hazards. Aegislash would have been good, but is banned. I don't like Gengar, and I love Bisharp, so I opted for him. Also he acts like a first breaker removing items from mons supposed to wall Lopunny (mainly Hippowdon and Garchomp).

For now, defensive threats to Lopunny are ok, I need to prepare for offensive threats : Tornadus-T (yea Jolly Lopunny is for pussies, I play adamant.), Talonflame, Pinsir. My first pick was Landorus-I with Rock Slide to lure birds.

But hey, you know what? Landorus got banned ! So I started to look for something to replace it. Something luring Tornadus and Talonflame, so something attracting both, Serperior looks cool, give him some uncommon toys and it becomes the perfect candidates.

So here is the squad. Let's take a closer look now.

III. The Team

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs,
But he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down"

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

Here is standard defensive Garchomp, EVs are here to outspeed 252 Adamant Excadrill outside of sand. Since he is a threat to the team.

I really like how good he is to check most of physical offensive threats, and with the help of Klefki, it's not that hard to keep him alive longer and to abuse rocky helmet by pivoting between them.

While playing, keep in mind Garchomp is my only answer to SD Scizor, so be careful with him if you are facing one.

Sometimes you will feel the lack of Toxic, but I just can't play it. I don't feel like replacing anything, Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail are mandatory, Earthquake-less Garchomp sounds dumb and I need Fire Blast here because Scizor is a threat otherwise.

"Ooww ladies and gentlemen
The moment you've all been waiting for..
In this corner: weighing 175 pounds,
With a record of 17 rapes, 400 assaults, and 4 murders,
The undisputed, most diabolical villain in the world..."

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off​

My favorite mons since 6th gen came out. It's incredible, he does not even need to be on the field to pressure the opponent. I can't remember the number of games I've won by just coming on the field while my opponent was forced to defog allowing me to sweep their entire team.

I went for Lum when Mew was a thing back in XY (~ a year ago) and never changed it, because it's so fucking damn good. A lot of poeple are trying to burn him, especially bulky waters and Sableye, it's so damn cool not to fear the (scald) burn when doing Swords Dance.

Bisharp is probably one of the best Mon in the metagame, the only problems you got when using him are these 50/50s with Sucker Punc but I assure you they aren't that annoying when you are the Sucker Punch user.

EVs are to outpseed standard Rotom-Wash, I've never changed my spread since I've started using him.

"Till I collapse I’m spilling these raps long as you feel 'em
Till the day that I drop you'll never say that I'm not killing them
'Cause when I am not then I'ma stop pinning 'em
And I am not hip-hop and I’m just not Eminem."

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise​

The key of the team ! It's the punching ball, he is here to take hits from everything threatening the team, from Weavile to Lopunny, and fairies, Kyurem-B etc. He also set spikes up, which is nice. In core with Garchomp, and with the help of Latias, they check the whole metagame. Sure they won't on the long term, but battles are supposed to be short anyway (~20 turns) and they do the job perfectly.

Pretty classic moveset, T-Wave is here to para some Dragon Dance user, Foul Play 2HKO Excadrill, which is really nice since poeple are sending him in nearly everytime. Magnet Rise is probably the move I've enjoyed the most to use on Klefki, dodging all these Earthquake is nice, I can force Excadrill to Iron Head (and then meet my Rocky Helmet Garchomp), I can set spikes up on Hippowdon while he is WWing me or switching out, I can force Landorus-T to switch out as well taking rocks damage so putting him in the rang of Ice Punch Lopunny.

EVs are pretty dumb, as this mon is supposed to check Weavile, I maximised the physically defensive bulk, that's all.

"'Cause I know you want me baby, I think I want you too
"I think I love you baby," I think I love you too
I'm here to save you girl, come be in Shady's world
I want to grow together, let's let our love unfurl"

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Healing Wish​

Yeah Latios is sexier, I know it. But Latios does not learn Healing Wish, and I need it. Latias is what makes the team special to me, giving life to a "dead" mon is a great thing, especially when it's a Lopunny :toast:

Everything is fine. Recover is needed because Latias is my switch in on special attackers like Manectric, Raikou, Keldeo and even sometimes Heatran so I need to keep life full. Also if I want to Healing Wish later, I have to keep it alive.

"I was a... afraid to make a single sound
Afraid I would never find a way out
Afraid I'd never be found
I don't wanna' go another round"

Serperior (M) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare​

So yeah, here is something I like a lot. A huge threat. There is nothing much to say about it beside it's fucking great.

As I said in introduction, Serperior allows me to deal with birds threatening Lopunny, by paraing them and killing them with HP Rock.

I think you'd be surprise by how this set is effective, even if it has trouble to bypass AV Tornadus, paraing him is the most important anyway since Lopunny is faster afterwards and has good chance to OHKO him (with Rocks) afterwards, depending of the Torna's spread, but it usually kills.

How I resist to Talonflame and Tornadus :

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Serperior: 246-291 (84.5 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (Yeak it kills but that's band, it's less common nowadays and you have Garchomp anyway. You will usually be able to see if it's band when it will switch into Serperior)
0 Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coba Berry Serperior: 114-135 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Coba Berry Serperior: 218-257 (74.9 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (LO Torna-T does not have much chance to touch you, usually it will switch in so you can Glare easily, then switch out (because if it's AV you are doing 0), and you will see the item)
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Coba Berry Serperior: 156-184 (53.6 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

How hard I hit back :

252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 50-59 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO + +2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 496-584 (167 - 196.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (You won't always get the chance to HP Rock. So when you see the damages of Leaf Storm, just switch on Garchomp
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 33-39 (9.1 - 10.8%) -- possibly the worst move ever + +2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 332-392 (92.4 - 109.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO (So as you can see Leaf Storm damages are way less impressive than on band (so you can guess the set), but HP Rock does a ton afterwards. Note that Roost does not even save him if Rocks were up : +2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Roosted Talonflame: 166-196 (46.2 - 54.5%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 80-95 (26.7 - 31.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO + +2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 200-236 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Just para him on 1st attempt, then proceed to Leaf Storm + HP Rock, if SR are up you don't need a good roll to kill)
252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 54-63 (16.2 - 18.9%) -- possible 6HKO + +2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 134-158 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (so first it depends Torn spread, but here is the plan : 1. Para on the switch; 2. Switch out and come back on the field, have SR up; 3. Hit Leaf Storm, Hit HP Rock 2 times; 4. Enjoy)

"'Cause I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God
All my people from the front to the back nod, back nod
Now who thinks their arms are long enough to slap box, slap box?
Let me show you maintaining this shit ain't that hard, that hard"

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch​

The star of the show ! This is the biggest threat of ORAS OU. For real. Everything looks gay in comparison to it. When it's given the right support, it's nearly unstoppable.

Lopunny is what gives to offense a lot of trouble, but with spikes support it also destroys Balanced. They usually use Hippowdon as Lopunny check and it's easily overloaded by Knock Off from Bisharp (so no more Leftovers) and Entry Hazards.

So you may have understand it, I don't need PuP here I want to hit hard as soon as possible and don't want to have to rely on a move to do it. Ice Punch is needed (Garchomp and Landorus-T), Fake Out is really cool allowing to set up on faster threat (Raikou and Serperior mainly).

IV. Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-251184655 - Here is what looks like a bad matchup, there is threat to my team (especially Manectric). I also have weapons to threaten my opp (mainly Bisharp and Lopunny). On this kind of matchup the key is to keep momentum on your side (something I don't in early game due to aggressive plays from my opp). The key was clearly the hazards and Latias here.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-251114635 - Here is the matchup against a standard rain team. It's maybe my best matchup as they are usually weak to Bisharp (even if the replay clearly don't show it). Serperior, Latias etc also do a big job against this kind of team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-249577617 - Here is the matchup against Sand Offensive team. The team I face use standard core (ttar + Exca / Ttar + Keldeo). On the gameplay, from team preview you can see Lopunny is a threat, I need to set hazards up as soon as possible (especially SR) but I had to keep Klefki alive because of Altaria so I managed to pull out the win following this plan.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-75821 - An other Sand matchup. We clearly see Serperior threatening team only using Tornadus as check. Once again, hazards were the key of the battle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-78842 - Last Sand matchup, the bulkiest archetype. The plan here is different as you clearly can't set hazards up (it's not a big deal to get rid of an opposing Excadrill like in the previous replay, Starmie is another deal). So the point here was to break with Bisharp, then finish with Serperior or Lopunny.

V. Threat List

As you have seen, a lot of threat are taken individually by the team and/or are too slow to be effective.

Problem is, a lot of mons are checked by Klefki, who is easily trapp'd by Magnezone. Most common core using Magnezone are :

+
: if Klefki dies, if Altaria achieves a DD (and he will, he has a lot of opportunity to set up), I just loose. I have to be really really cautious while playing.

+
: common as well, there is still a chance to deal with Weavile, keeping hazards up and forcing him to switch out with Lopunny is the plan, but I have to sacrifice a mon everytime Weavile comes in.

VI. Conclusion + Importable

Here is the end of this RMT. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you decide to use the team, I hope you'll have a fun time as I had.

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Lax Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Bisharp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Healing Wish

Serperior (M) @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Glare

Lopunny-Mega (M) @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
Hello ! So from a glance at the team it seems pretty cool. was kinda suprised to see fairies as a weakness especially when u have two steels, but then again i have poor ou knowledge. Perhaps u can use a defensive scizor variant to counter weavile and altaria, with superpower for the magnezone in case it decides to switch in. goodluck !

Hello ! So from a glance at the team it seems pretty cool. was kinda suprised to see fairies as a weakness especially when u have two steels, but then again i have poor ou knowledge. Perhaps u can use a defensive scizor variant to counter weavile and altaria, with superpower for the magnezone in case it decides to switch in. goodluck !
Fairies are sometimes annoying yeah, i'll do a case by case :

: The DD is checked by Klefki, as mentionned in the RMT, I loose to Altaria + Magnezone. Even if I can still manage to para Altaria with Serperior or something like that. The Mixed version is a problem for sure though.

: I have to pivot between Klefki and Garchomp to force him to Waterfall my Garchomp and takes the recoil, it usually ends by the death of Garchomp, then I can Revenge Kill easily.

: As mentionned in replays, Clefable is annoying because I have to send Bisharp in, and I can't take too many Moonblst, I usually play agressively, predicting the Clefable coming in (usually on Garchomp, Klefki and Latias). It allows me to take momentum and sometimes to get the opportunity for a 1st break (see 4th replay).

: It basically comes on Klefki, so I can Foul Play for some damages and then Magnet Rise to avoid Earth Power. After that the Diancie usually switch out allowing me to set 1 Spikes up. And I repeat until Diancie dies.

: I don't have too many solution to deal with him but it's kinda slow so it causes trouble in early game, I usually sacrifice Klefki or Garchomp (depending on which one I absolutely need for the rest of the game) and it will anyway have trouble to come again on the field due to hasard and other damages (mainly Psyshock from Latias).

: Same as Clefable, although Specs is more annoying.

As for Scizor, I don't think I can put it in the team. It's either over Klefki or Bisharp, and I need both, Klefki gives me Spikes, Bisharp gives me something to threaten Defog users and is also a 1st breaker (see 4th replay, it perfectly shows how important having a 1st breaker is) and also my only mon threatening Clefable for real, Bulky Scizor don't do anything.

So yeah, Scizor is a solution to problem with fairies (even if some of them run fire moves), but I think I can't play it.

Hiya I've got a few suggestion for your team.

To pretty much handle your weakness to Magnezone (if you run Low Kick) and Mega Altaria I suggest you change Bisharp to Weavile. Now you lose a Defog deterrent but however Weavile acts as a deterrent within itself as it outruns the Lati-Twins pressuring them and does a chunk to Togekiss, Scizor, and Mandibuzz which are also Defoggers to the point of crippling them. I encourage you to try it.
Weavile @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash / Ice Punch
- Ice Shard / Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

• I suggest a Specially Defensive Klefki spread of 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD with a Careful Nature instead of the Physical Variant. Even though you said it checks Weavile the Specially Defensive Spread also checks Weavile as it flat out avoids the 2HKO from anything it can throw at it. You also have a very good Physical Tank already in Garchomp that two aren't mandatory.
  • Next I suggest an Impish Nature instead of Lax on Garchomp. It would behoove you to maintain it's already low SpD considering the fact its a Tank. Although Fire Blast loses power it's not like you were OHKOing them in the first place
That's about it. Have fun and good luck.
I've once considered Weavile over Bisharp (I was more considering 4 attacks Weavile though) but I feel like Bisharp is just better overall. Sure Weavile is cool, but I think Bisharp is superior here, due to Sucker Punch being much more realiable than Ice Shard as priority move.

I will just take one example, Manectric + Tyranitar. If I use Weavile over Bisharp, I just loose to Manectric when Latias is dead, and it's more likely to happen due to Volt Switch. And I'm not even mentionning Clefable, how do I beat CM Clefable if I dont have the terrible stabbed Iron Head?

Also I'm not sure if it would handle my weakness to Magnezone cores to be honest, I'm not convinced someone will let his Magnezone go on something he is not outspeeding while risking to be Knock Off'd Low Kick'd. Same goes to scizor, I don't know how Weavile beats it since Scizor can be considered as a Weavile check, especially when the Scizor is Bulky Defog.

For Klefki, I don't know, I think it's up to preference, I like having something able to take Earthquake from +0 Mega Altaria easily (SpDef Klefki does too, but less reliable in my opinion), and Iron Head from LO Excadrill, I don't always send my Garchomp in, it depends of circumstances, but I feel like I need physical bulk more than special, I'm fine with the damage I take from Mega Alakazam and stuff to be honest.

0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's why I prefer having -SpDef, the team can struggle a bit against Skarm in 1v1, so I like to have a nearly assured 2HKO on him. And it's not like I was supposed to take specially move but I see your point.

Thanks for the rates guys :toast:

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, nice team.

Before I start to rate, I wanted to say the RMT looked beautiful, you spent a lot of time on it (atleast thats what it looks like) and it was very nice to read.

Ok, now onto the rate.

I agree with the change from Weavile > Bisharp. It gives you a better answer to a lot of threats that you otherwise struggle with (scarfchomp, tornadus-T, lando, et c)

Another thing I noticed was your weakness to Volcarona. With Flame Body and Quiver Dance it's scary to face and handle with physical attackers.

After a QD volcarona can really blow through your team.

To patch this, I recommend using Specially Defensive Hippowdon > Garchomp and Tornadus-t > Serperior. Hippo has almost all the traits Garchomp has, and also has nice recovery.

Sp.Def hippo can take a +1 Fire Blast most of the time and can retaliate with a Rock Slide/SE (power or accuracy, your choice)

Last edited:

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Hey freen :D, that's an incredible team. What a shame i had to face it ;_;...

Here you have some changes u should try out!

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Ive noticed ur Diancie weak if ur serp dies lol .. u should run this klef set, w enough spd to take 1 diancie's ep and kill it w flash cannon oO

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

I understand u like 2ohkoing clefa but losing an speed tie w mega manec isnt cool! Pop lop is simply threatening for lots of teams since now ppl runs calm/sassy clef lol..

+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 274-324 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 186-220 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 184-217 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That is all.. fuck ur coba serp ;_;.. and again nice team and nice post bud n_n

My english isnt perfect enough to make elaborated posts :c

Hey man, nice team.

Before I start to rate, I wanted to say the RMT looked beautiful, you spent a lot of time on it (atleast thats what it looks like) and it was very nice to read.

Ok, now onto the rate.

I agree with the change from Weavile > Bisharp. It gives you a better answer to a lot of threats that you otherwise struggle with (scarfchomp, tornadus-T, lando, et c)

Another thing I noticed was your weakness to Volcarona. With Flame Body and Quiver Dance it's scary to face and handle with physical attackers.

After a QD volcarona can really blow through your team.

To patch this, I recommend using Specially Defensive Hippowdon > Garchomp and Tornadus-t > Serperior. Hippo has almost all the traits Garchomp has, and also has nice recovery.

(I'll finish my rate later but camping wifi sucks ;_;)
I'm really glad you enjoyed the RMT after all the time I've spent on it :)

I've already stated on why I did not wanted to have Weavile > Bisharp, even if having Hippo give me an easy time against Manectric, I'd loose to CM Clefable 100% of the time. And it's defenitely not cool.

Also having Hippowdon > Garchomp makes my team weak to SD Scizor, and I don't think Tornadus-T would remedy to this problem, even with Heat Wave. Moreover, without my Serprior I loose my lure to SpDef Talonflame and Tornadus-T which are threats to my Adamant Lopunny.

And on the top of that, Volcarona is a threat when it's given a Quiver Dance, but I have way to deal with it since it depends a. on which mons he is setting up, he does not have a lot of opportunity, let's be honest, the only safe spot he has is -2 Latias (assuming he is aware I have HP Rock on Serp and won't try to set up on him earlier). And even after that I still have :

- T-Wave from Klefki if I see Leftovers. Yes I loose my Klefki, but depending on the matchup etc, maybe it won't be a huge loss.
- Sucker Punch from Bisharp, even if I'm not guaranteed to hit, to kill, it still does a lot of damages (and that's also why Bisharp is really amazing).
- Fake Out from Lopunny dealing some damages, they are not huge but after psyshock from Latias, Sucker Punch from Bisharp, or even Hazards, there is a good chance to KO.

And I repeat, that's only assuming Volcarona finds a way to set a Quiver Dance up, which is not easy, I won't mindlessly Draco Meteor everything while there is a Volcarona in the opposing team.

Hey freen :D, that's an incredible team. What a shame i had to face it ;_;...

Here you have some changes u should try out!

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 56 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Ive noticed ur Diancie weak if ur serp dies lol .. u should run this klef set, w enough spd to take 1 diancie's ep and kill it w flash cannon oO

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out

I understand u like 2ohkoing clefa but losing an speed tie w mega manec isnt cool! Pop lop is simply threatening for lots of teams since now ppl runs calm/sassy clef lol..

+1 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 274-324 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 186-220 (68.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 184-217 (57.6 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That is all.. fuck ur coba serp ;_;.. and again nice team and nice post bud n_n

My english isnt perfect enough to make elaborated posts :c
Ahah yea, it was a really cool battle tho n_n

hm usually Diancie comes in on Klefki, not the opposite, and when it happens, I try to predict correctly not to take an Earth Power on the switch in. So I don't really need to take a hit since i Have Magnet Rise to get the immunity to Earth Power, and Foul Play is important to me because I don't Excadrill to be completely safe on my Klefki.

On Lopunny, I built the team on Adamant Lopunny giving him all the appropriate support. So It'd make no sense to change it to Jolly. Also Clefable s an example, but I also threaten more heavily defensive mons like Hippowdon and Garchomp. I like the sheer power I got on turn one and would not change it, even if yes, I've tested PuP Lopunny in another team and it's kinda amazing, but it acts more like a finisher, here the team needs to hit hard early, sometimes Bisharp will open the way to Lopunny, sometimes the opposite, and I don't want to change this.
Moreover, I never had trouble with Manectric, I usually pivot with Latias to force him to switch out, taking hazards damage and, if necessary, kill with Sucker Punch from Bisharp (look at the 1st replay I put in the RMT, it perfectly shows how to deal with Manectric).

Coba Serperior is a monster ahah, I can't count how many Talonflame and Tornadus-T I've got with it :D

I'm glad you appreciate the team and the RMT, I've spent a lot of time on it :D

Thx for the rate guys :)

Unamed

Soupe de Caca
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Excellent team buddy. <3

If I had something to add in your team, it would be a stallbreaker who would make a huge hole in the oppenent's team and help Loppuny's sweep.
The only name who come me in mind is actually Azumarill bander with Superpower to surprise Ferrothorn who can be a threat to your team since you don't run hp fire on serperior and latias.
Your team does not so well against Hippodown if Serperior die tho, so it would help you since Hippo checks Loppuny so well.
Furthermore, Azumarill can do huge damages on mew ( 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 195-231 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 42.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ), forcing him to recover and offer you an opportunity to set up Bisharp since he is lum berry.
In others words, I see Azumarill has a great partner with Lopunny, and the fact that you are playing with hazards make his sweep greater.

However, this team still looks great, and still works really great. But, for me, Azumarill seems to be a good choice to make your team better against Loppuny's check.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Last edited:
Excellent team buddy. <3

If I had something to add in your team, it would be a stallbreaker who would make a huge hole in the oppenent's team and help Loppuny's sweep.
The only name who come me in mind is actually Azumarill bander with Superpower to surprise Ferrothorn who can be a threat to your team since you don't run hp fire on serperior and latias.
Your team does not so well against Hippodown if Serperior die tho, so it would help you since Hippo checks Loppuny so well.
Furthermore, Azumarill can do huge damages on mew ( 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 195-231 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- 42.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery ), forcing him to recover and offer you an opportunity to set up Bisharp since he is lum berry.
In others words, I see Azumarill has a great partner with Lopunny, and the fact that you are playing with hazards make his sweep greater.

However, this team still looks great, and still works really great. But, for me, Azumarill seems to be a good choice to make your team better against Loppuny's check.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
Thx fren <3

First, I think you are underrating Bisharp here since he is a fantastic stallbreaker. Hippowdown checks Lopunny, that's right, but he does not with hazards support and lack of leftovers once they are Knock Off'd by Bisharp (usually, poeple use Hippowdon to check Bisharp, so I will Knock Off'ing Leftovers is guaranteed). It depends of the spread Hippowdon uses, but usually, Hippowdon fail to stop both Bisharp and Lopunny, or Serperior will use him as a set-up (see third replay).

Moreover, I'm not sure Ferrothorn is a threat, Bisharp can set up on him if he has been weakened (I don't have the 10% Life Orb recoil), I have Fire Blast from Garchomp doing some damages, without forgetting Lopunny himself, not even mentionnong he is allowing my Klefki to set spikes up, disallowing his ability to come on the field when he wants. I'd say Ferrothorn is not a threat because of that, I agree on the fact he can be annoying sometimes, but that's not worthing to replace my Coba Serperior.

Last, having Azumarill > Serperior disallows my ability to paralysis Tornauds-T which might be faster than my Lopunny, and that's not so great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)