ORAS OU The Mega Bunny is Here!

Hello guys! It's psychodude11 or TheHoodedGamer from Pokémon Showdown and this is my second RMT but my first OU RMT. I've been playing quite a lot and my team has been modified quite a bit and this is what it has become. So let's get with the first Pokémon!

image.jpg
Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

I love Mega Lopunny! I choose it because it could hit everything as mega. Her role is to punch holes into opposing teams or clean up late game. Fake Out is an amazing move because it gets a little damage off while allowing me to get the speed boost. Return is STAB and has a high base power. High Jump Kick is an extremely strong STAB but has a major price if you miss while Drain Punch is a weaker STAB but it recovers HP. For my last slot I have Ice Punch for coverage specifically against flying types which are a threat to it. The EV Spread is to maximize Attack and Speed.

image.jpg

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And now is my Prankster Thundurus. I choose him because he is an amazing paralysis setter. His role is to set paralysis and then do as much damage as he can. I choose Thunder Wave because Prankster makes it priority, Volt Switch to provide momentum and STAB, Grass Knot and Hidden Power Ice for coverage. The EV Spread is to maximize Special Attack and Speed. I choose Life Orb because who doesn't need more damage?

image.jpg

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power

And here comes Heatran. I choose him because he is pretty nice at a lot of things. I choose him because he is able to beat many of the Defog users in the tier. "Taunt enables Heatran to beat a lot of defensively oriented threats, such as Calm Mind Clefable and stallbreaker Mew." Fire Blast enables Heatran to OHKO Mega Heracross. Stealth Rocks are to get damage on everything which will add up allowing me to get the needed KO. Flash Cannon can be on Heatran for stab and Fairy control while Earth Power can be used to counter opposing Heatran. Air Balloon is to counter other heatrans trying to Earth Power one of my other pokes. "244 Speed EVs with a Timid nature enable Heatran to outspeed Adamant Excadrill, Jolly Mega Heracross, and most variants of Mew...Full Special Attack investment is given in order to hit as hard as possible, and the remaining EVs are put into HP."

image.jpg

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

I chose one of the Lati Twins because Latias is a great Defogger. Believe it or not, Latias' role is to defog, do some damage, take some damage, then give some life to another Pokémon in need. I chose Psyshock because it has a strong STAB Base Power while using the opponents Defenses instead of their Special Defenses. Draco Meteor is used as a STAB Nuke. Defog is used to get rid of those pesky hazards and Healing Wish is used to give my sweepers another chance to sweep. "A Timid nature and maximum Speed investment is used to outspeed base 108 Speed Pokemon such as Keldeo and Terrakion and tie with opposing base 110 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Gallade, Latios, Latias, and Gengar...The given EV spread lets Latias avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice without Stealth Rock damage and also hits a Life Orb number. Subsequently, the remaining 184 Special Attack EVs guarantee the OHKO on Landorus after Stealth Rock damage." Life Orb is there to increase damage for the short time it's out.

image.jpg

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 240 Atk / 44 SpA / 224 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

I chose Kyurem-Black because he can be used as a physical attacker, or a mixed attacker, which can get over burns or physical walls with ease, like this set. His role is to be a wincon, but to also get rid of things on the other team that could be troublesome to my other members, like Rotom-Wash. I chose Dragon Claw over Outrage because, while both are spam-able, Dragon Claw doesn't lock me into a move that can completely be ignored by Fairies. Ice Beam is there for a STAB answer to Landorus-Therian and others like Toxic Stall Gliscor or other Dragons like Garchomp or Dragonite. Earth Power is here to hit Rotom-Wash, Excadrill which could be a problem to Kyurem-Black, Magnezone, and every other Electric or Steel type without Flying as their dual type hard(I'm looking at you Zapdos and Skarmory). Fusion Bolt is there to create the BoltBeam combo which hits hard off of Kyurem-Black's extremely high Attack Base Stat. "The Speed investment provided allows Kyurem-B to outspeed maximum Speed Adamant Landorus-T, which it can subsequently OHKO with Ice Beam. The investment provided gives Kyurem-B the strength to OHKO 252 HP Heatran with Earth Power and provides a little bit more of a kick for any other special attacks it may be using." I'm not using Life Orb because most if not all of its attacks will be stab towards its opponent (excluding Clefairy) and I thought it would be better not to wear down Kyurem-Black because if it gets too weakened then it will easily get KO'd by its weaknesses.

image.jpg

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Landorus is my scarfed Pokémon on my team and the only Pokémon I would scarf. His role is to intimidate physical attackers and get free hits off. Rock Slide is there to hit Flying types and Earthquake is there to create a pseudo EdgeQuake combo. Knock Off is to (Suprise, Suprise) knock off items or punish megas. And finally U-Turn is to provide momentum."The Attack EVs maximize Landorus-T's offensive potential. A Jolly nature and 232 Speed EVs allow Choice Scarf Landorus-T to outspeed Adamant Mega Charizard X after a Dragon Dance. The last 24 EVs are put into Defense; while not entirely important, Landorus-T will generally be taking physical hits and not special ones."

And that's the team! All feedback is appreciated and I've learned a few things since my last RMT. All quotes are from smogon.com

Here's my team:
Bunny of DOOM (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Hidden Power Ice (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Spiderpig (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Crayola (Latias) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Bane (Kyurem-Black) @ Haban Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Lil Kitty (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

^^ isn't accurate. This is accurate :)

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rocks
Try out this spread for HEATRAN you're team has very few switch in to fairy types

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hey TheHoodedGamer, interesting team. I can see that ebelt KyuB doing some work sometimes n_n. Just some small nitpicks:

I'd change Landorus-T's rock move to Stone Edge > Rock Slide. Rock Slide isn't worth using on this scenario, since the accuracy difference between the move and Stone Edge is just 10, while Stone Edge is stronger and gets definite kills instead of, for example, having to bank on a flinch on a lot of Pokémon.

Your team can suffer a lot with voltturning. I can see a Raikou, for example, being able to put up a lot of pressure with Volt Switch(because Landorus-T can't switch in on it most of the time due to the threaning HP Ice). So I'd use Roost > Healing Wish on Latias. This way, you have a Pokémon to heal up versus those kind of mons and a prominent check to Keldeo instead of something that can be slowly weakened by it. Healing Wish also doesn't seem to be really needed on your team, as it is bases off attacking your opponent more than setting up with a Pokémon to sweep.

Hey TheHoodedGamer, this is a interesting team, but there are a couple of nitpicky flaws:
  1. Thunderbolt>Grass Knot on Thundurus

Grass Knot covers nothing that HP Ice and Volt Switch don't cover(Except dual water-grass types, which aren't that common), and without Nasty Plot or Choice Specs, Thundurus appreciates the more powerful STAB move it can use when it really needs to kill a bulky water or flying type and doesn't want to switch out in the process.
    Thundurus @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Timid Nature
    - Thunder Wave
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
  2. Like KratosMana said, replace Rock Slide on Landorus-T with Stone Edge, just for the raw power and the high crit chance, even though the 20% chance to miss does suck and often feels like 100% :(
  3. That's pretty much all the set problems, but another problem your team has is the absence of a cleric(i.e something with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy). Also, none of your pokemon have recovery moves(Except Mega Lopunny if you're running drain punch which you shouldn't be running because of High Jump Kick's raw POWER) and would love a wish passer, which Latias can kinda do, but only for once, at the sake of it's own life. Clefable, provides great support, both Unaware and Magic Guard Variants, as it is a great parner to both Kyurem-Black and Latios, able to absorb dragon type moves for them, and fighting type moves for Kyurem-black, Heatran and Mega Lopunny, AND absorb dark type moves for Latias. It itself can feature as a great sweeper, with Calm Mind and Moonblast. It can learn Heal Bell AND Wish. You can't go wrong with incorporating him/her/it into your team.
    Clefable @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Moonblast
    - Wish
    - Heal Bell
Cheers mate :)

What would I replace with Clefable? Also, could I replace Calm Mind on Clefable with Protect? Also on Latias, what would I replace Healing Wish for if Clefable is a Cleric?

Last edited:
Replace Latias's Healing Wish with Roost for recovery or Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. And i'm sorry but i'm not sure what you should replace with Clefable, but i'm sure it should definitely be on your team.You could replace either Latias or Thundurus with it in my opinion, but as I said, im not sure.

Replace Latias's Healing Wish with Roost for recovery or Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. And i'm sorry but i'm not sure what you should replace with Clefable, but i'm sure it should definitely be on your team.You could replace either Latias or Thundurus with it in my opinion, but as I said, im not sure.
I'll try Latias but I'm not sure how it will function. Thanks for the advice!

Scotti

we back.
Hey cool team. I like the offensiveness of this team, but I have a few suggestions that will improve your team greatly.

I recommend running Thunderbolt > Volt Switch on thundy-i. I am not really a huge fan of running volt switch on thundursu-i, mostly when you take away its main stab move. Volt Switch keeps you from getting very important kills on plenty of standard mons and against defensive mons it is a problem. Lets say you 2hko scizor with volt switch, however, because you used volt switch you can get that second hit. This leads to the pokemon recovering and you are stuck with a problem. I also recommend running Taunt > Grass Knot. Grass Knot usually does hit much except for uncommon mons like mega swampert, quagsire, and gastrodon. Your usually not hitting mega swampert, as it out paces you in rain. Quagsire really isnt that common anymore, but with stall breakers like kyu-b and taunt tran your not really going to have a problem with it. Gastrodon is not even used at all in ou. Lets ignore it. Taunt allows you to stop dedicated hazards leads, which could be a huge annoyance, after I got rid of defog on latias. Taunt can also help against the common bp teams on the ladder and the setup sweepers in the tier.

Like all HO teams, you are extremely weak banded azumarill. However, you are a lot weaker compared to other HO. Other HO teams have a pretty decent check, in a form of a steel types. Sadly, your steal type gets uttery destroyed by banded azumarill or any azumarill set infact. I recommend running SD Reg Scizor over kyu-b. SD Scizor makes a great check to banded azumarill. Being able to roost off damage from banded azumarill and destroy rotom-w with bug bite, its a mon that fits really well on your team. Scizor also make a great revenge killer to boosting fairies like agility alt, rp diancie, and a great check to mega gardevoir. It fits extremely well with your team. Shoutout to Halcyon. for the scizor set. It is a really cool set.

I recommend running CM Latias over your current set. CM Latias does a great job of wall breaking past stallier teams. Your team is pretty weak to stall, so running cm latias would help a hell of a lot. Like all HO teams, defog is not needed at all. Defog is actually a pretty huge hindrance to ho, because hazards help get important kills. By not running defog you are weaker to stealth rock, but with taunt thundy-i you don't need to worry about it as much. Also because you don't run volt switch on thundy-i, you won't be repeatedly taking stealth rock damage. Anyway cm latias also has roost, which allows you to take on keldeo, thundy, lando, and zard y a lot better.

Also like everyone else said stone edge > rock slide on lando-t. A few calcs to show how it helps.
252 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 156-184 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 206-244 (53.6 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 238-280 (79.5 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 316-372 (105.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
There are more calcs, but yea you get the point.

sets

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 152 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I hope I helped :]

Hey cool team. I like the offensiveness of this team, but I have a few suggestions that will improve your team greatly.

I recommend running Thunderbolt > Volt Switch on thundy-i. I am not really a huge fan of running volt switch on thundursu-i, mostly when you take away its main stab move. Volt Switch keeps you from getting very important kills on plenty of standard mons and against defensive mons it is a problem. Lets say you 2hko scizor with volt switch, however, because you used volt switch you can get that second hit. This leads to the pokemon recovering and you are stuck with a problem. I also recommend running Taunt > Grass Knot. Grass Knot usually does hit much except for uncommon mons like mega swampert, quagsire, and gastrodon. Your usually not hitting mega swampert, as it out paces you in rain. Quagsire really isnt that common anymore, but with stall breakers like kyu-b and taunt tran your not really going to have a problem with it. Gastrodon is not even used at all in ou. Lets ignore it. Taunt allows you to stop dedicated hazards leads, which could be a huge annoyance, after I got rid of defog on latias. Taunt can also help against the common bp teams on the ladder and the setup sweepers in the tier.

Like all HO teams, you are extremely weak banded azumarill. However, you are a lot weaker compared to other HO. Other HO teams have a pretty decent check, in a form of a steel types. Sadly, your steal type gets uttery destroyed by banded azumarill or any azumarill set infact. I recommend running SD Reg Scizor over kyu-b. SD Scizor makes a great check to banded azumarill. Being able to roost off damage from banded azumarill and destroy rotom-w with bug bite, its a mon that fits really well on your team. Scizor also make a great revenge killer to boosting fairies like agility alt, rp diancie, and a great check to mega gardevoir. It fits extremely well with your team. Shoutout to Halcyon. for the scizor set. It is a really cool set.

I recommend running CM Latias over your current set. CM Latias does a great job of wall breaking past stallier teams. Your team is pretty weak to stall, so running cm latias would help a hell of a lot. Like all HO teams, defog is not needed at all. Defog is actually a pretty huge hindrance to ho, because hazards help get important kills. By not running defog you are weaker to stealth rock, but with taunt thundy-i you don't need to worry about it as much. Also because you don't run volt switch on thundy-i, you won't be repeatedly taking stealth rock damage. Anyway cm latias also has roost, which allows you to take on keldeo, thundy, lando, and zard y a lot better.

Also like everyone else said stone edge > rock slide on lando-t. A few calcs to show how it helps.
252 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 156-184 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 206-244 (53.6 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 238-280 (79.5 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 316-372 (105.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
There are more calcs, but yea you get the point.

sets

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 152 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I hope I helped :]
Small nitpick: it's "you're", not " your".

Ok, now that I'm done with my grammar Nazi tasks, let's see if there's something you can improve:
I think you could try a more standard wallbreaker set on Kyurem-B:
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild/Rash Nature
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

This enables you to annihilate everything. Seriously, the Life Orb set packs quite a punch, breaking down much more things than the Expert Belt one (for example, some Clefables). Also its Dragon STAB attack is not that easy to spam due to the preponderance of Steels andand Fairies in the meta. He would take on the likes of Hippowdown (assuming no more GKnot on Thundurus), Gliscor and the variety Grass-types more effectively and with less fear thanks to Roost. It would not fear burns as much as before, making it easier to switch into Rotom-W. Roost also means you can recover from LO recoil, the walls' weak attacks, Status and Hazards, making it more durable during the match.
All the other things to tweak had already been said by others, so that's all. Nice team mate!

Hey there, thats a pretty cool team you got there, i really like how you're pressuring with Landorus uturn since you're getting a free pass for kyurem/Lopunny.
Well i don't think i've a lot suggest but you got some minor weakness that can be covered.

- First i'd suggest Roost over Healing Wish on Latias, because as you can see you're pretty keldeo weak and it could be cool if your only one answer to this could recover since spec can hard hit Latias and 3HKO it (2HKO if he used icy wind). Plus your team doesnt seems like it really need Healing Wish because you're not running pokemon that can setup and sweep in late game.

- Even if it's not that important, it can still be great to tank as good as possible foulplay and thats why i suggest you to use 0 IV ATK on Latias and Thundurus, especially thundurus that will be forced to come on mandibuzz most of time.

- My last suggest would have been to swap Volt switch with
Thunderbolt on Thundurus, because as you can see here you're a bit weak to Bulky Zor SD that can litterally take advantage of heatran not running leftovers, and with volt switch you cant really handle scizor since he will automatically use roost and make it hard for you, while with thunderbolt you can hard hit it or force him to switch out which is pretty helpful.

Hope I Helped :]

Last edited:
Also don't remove Latias, he's being pretty useful here since it's your main check to Keldeo/zard Y. You can still keep Scizor on your team as scotti suggested, but the reason i didnt suggest it is because actually you're making your team weaker to rain team/Water spamm but also because it wont help you against BD azu which will just setup on scizor and kill everything (assuming latias is weakned) while Kyurem-B could prevent it since it can take aquajet pretty well and he can still act like a solid revenge killer for azumarill with Fusion Bolt. So it's your call to choose what's better for you.

I can see it works because clefable can be hard to handle, but only over Dclaw, the others moves are too necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)