ORAS RU The Money Store - [Peaked #1]

is a Death Grips Album an original title for an RMT?

god some of these Pokesho sprites are really weird

proof of peak

Introduction:

Hi guys, galbia here, I decided to make this RMT as a celebration of sorts after the long-awaited Moltres ban (and the less-awaited for but still needed Pangoro ban) and because I strangely had fun messing around on the ladder with one Pokemon that is not really great in the RU metagame but i have always liked using, Tauros. Anyway, I found out that this teams works thanks to the nice synergy among its members and the sheer power that a Pokemon such as Reuniclus can have in this metagame (and the Pangoro one too, to a lesser extent) when paired with Pokemon such as Whimsicott and Mega-Steelix thanks to its ability to beat opposing Psychic-types in Calm Mind wars most of the time so I guess the real showcased Pokemon here is it while Tauros is just a supporting actor.

Teambuilding Process:

I paired Tauros with Drapion as the most common answers to both (Steelix and Rhyperior) take heavy damage from Earthquake, Fire Blast, and Aqua Tail from Tauros and Drapion respectively. Also Drapion helps Tauros against Alomomola and Cresselia, the only 100% reliable answers.

I added Whimsicott as a check to all the Fighting-types in the tier and additional switch in to Water-types as well as a momentum machine and very useful supporter with Encore.

Steelix + Slowking was a core i started experimenting with at the time and i decided to use it on this team as Steelix checks most physical attackers and phazes/sets up Stealth Rock incredibly reliably and Slowking helps me with bulky Ground-types, Fighting-types, and Fire-types a great deal. I originally ran Calm Mind on this.

After messing around for a bit i realized that making Slowking Thunder Wave and adding a Calm Mind Reuniclus would have been great for a team as after playing with different Pokemon such as Meloetta and seeing A LOT of setup opportunities i decided to settle on this jewel.

The Team:
any speed creep is removed or you would call me crazy

Hacker (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Tauros is the Pokemon i started building this team around. I just wanted to make sure it was really better than teh overused Ambipom and Cinccino who are both very overrated and shitty at the moment and while this is nothing amazing it does its job in the team as a late game cleaner and revenge killer very well as it is able to take out threats such as Durant (fundamental), Virizion, weakened Cobalion, Delphox, and many more with enough bulk to sponge priority too occasionally. Fire Blast does around 45% to Steelix (great for Drapion and especially Reuniclus) and always 2HKOs Doublade if you were wondering.

The Fever (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab / Taunt

Drapion is a pretty amazing in RU for its ability to deal with the very popular Psychic-types that roam around and would be pretty much unstoppable after Gligar's departure if it wasn't for Mega Steelix. I chose to use an Aqua Tail variant to deal with Rhyperior and Camerupt a lot better than Earthquake variants and Registeel is not a threat when you have a Steelix on your team. Lum Berry is used to dodge Scald burns and break down Alomomola and stuff like Jellicent with more freedom. Drapion is also important because it absorbs Toxic Spikes which are like a plague in RU. This cleans weakened Stall teams with the same ease Tauros cleans weakened offense.

GAGA CAN'T HANDLE THIS SHIT (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Giga Drain / Stun Spore
- Moonblast

Whimsicott is my Grass-types and a Pokemon I have a really hard time ditching when building teams like this. It is a ridiculous momentum machine thanks to Encore + U-turn which helps me not to lose against stuff like Slurpuff and pretty much any setup sweepers when my checks are gone. It checks Water-types like Feraligatr and Clawitzer which is invaluable as well as beating up Virizion and giving me something that takes Fighting-type attacks + Knock Off well. EV Spread outspeeds Jolly Max Speed Feraligatr and something more which is useful.

Hustle Bones (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Mega Steelix is the best Pokemon in the tier in my opinion, especially since Moltres was kicked out. It hits hard as hell with Heavy Slam + Earthquake taking out pretty much everything that isn't very fat or is not a bulky Water-type. It sets up Stealth Rock remarkably well and serves as a check to anything with physical attacks most notably opposing Drapion, Doublade, and anything that bothers Slowking. Also beats up Cresselia very well and phazes annoying Substitute + Bulk Up Braviary effortlessly.

I've Seen Footage (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Physically Defensive Slowking is a great Pokemon in RU even just for the reason that it reliably beats Cobalion. Cobalion is a massive threat to any RU team in my opinion and since it is so tragic to deal with coupled with the fact that many teams rely on Fighting-type attacks to break down bulky Water types Slowking works very well. I am using an unusual Thunder Wave + Fire Blast set for a couple of reasons. First of all Thunder Wave catches a lot of Pokemon that try to switch into Slowking such as Meloetta and Cresselia off guard and bothers them greatly leaving them slower than Steelix and because Drapion is a ridicolous threat once offensive threats are paralyzed. Fire Blast is used because my team has other strong answers to Fighting-types and being able to do heavy damage to annoying Tangrowth on the switch is just awesome. Slowking is also my main check to Delphox, Emboar, and Fletchinder as it is able to take any hit from them and cripple with a Paralysis as well as my Steelix counter. Slowking is also very important for its ability to weaken opposing Drapion with Scald weakening it for Reuniclus and dooming the opposing team if I get a burn a lot of the time.

System Blower (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Reuniclus fits in this team perfectly and in the end is the main cause of this team's success. It fits pretty much perfectly in this team's synergy as Steelix+Slowking(weirdly) handle/lure in the best answers it has in balance and offense, Steelix and Drapion. It takes advantage of the tier being so passive in the best way possible while being also able to beat many of the best Pokemon 1v1 including but not limited to Cobalion and Cresselia and eats so much stuff for breakfast. I also used Thunder over Shadow Ball (as well as Knock off lol) and it was pretty cool but nothing beats Shadow Ball utility imo.

Shoutouts:
Shoutouts to the people in RU and PU communities with whom I am friends with, all the nice people on PS and Smogon (as well as italian friends) and everybody in the skype groups I am in. Special shoutout to Don Honchkrorleone for being a massive nerd.

Importable:

Hacker (Tauros) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

The Fever (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Swords Dance

GAGA CAN'T HANDLE THIS SHIT (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast

Hustle Bones (Steelix) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I've Seen Footage (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald

System Blower (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

fuck hide tags and houndoom

Last edited:
yo

sick squad, covers most bases rather well. quote-on-quote psychic spam is rather neat as a whole. all i can really offer here are minor tweaks to optimize this n that, so take of that what you will.

some nominal investments can be made here, as to give some slight assurance against this and that. 252 hp / 204 atk / 52 spd @ lix allows it to assure survival from 2 Exploud Boombursts after sr, which I would think would offer sufficient leg room here, given that the team is offensive to the extent that you won't be conceding that many free turns to it, but it'll come in enough that having a smidge more leniency here would be nice. moreover, i don't find roar to be particularly gainful here, given the lack of spikes support, when coupled with the knowledge that braviary needs to get to at least +4 in order for heavy slam to stop breaking its subs in one. i'd consider toxic here, given the value of catching momo here is quite high, and it means that you can actually immediately restrict fletch, which looks potentially threatening in the end-game should you let king get low, pursuited, etc. i might also consider bumping the spa investment up on tauros to 12 evs, just for the sake of assuredly 2hkoing max hp doublade from full; personally, i've always considered speed creep on doublade to be something relegated from its attack investment, rather than its hp, and i'm fairly certain at least a few others share my sentiments on that.

have you given consideration to taunt > jab on drapion? as rule of thumb, i dislike the spike concession to be had of a more defensively-inclined balance build such as this when lacking in defog / spin support, and incorporating taunt would do something in restricting that. i feel this is rather pertinent here, given that spikes are pretty quickly regaining presence in the meta, and for many, trading their qwil or garbo for a layer would be a decent trade for them. the loss in immediate pressure only really comes into play v.tangrowth and aromatisse, with the former being mitigated by 2 fire blast 'lures', and the latter being stifled to a relevant degree by taunt (at least to the point that the defensive battery involved can't really recover adequately).

Reactions: g
yo

sick squad, covers most bases rather well. quote-on-quote psychic spam is rather neat as a whole. all i can really offer here are minor tweaks to optimize this n that, so take of that what you will.

some nominal investments can be made here, as to give some slight assurance against this and that. 252 hp / 204 atk / 52 spd @ lix allows it to assure survival from 2 Exploud Boombursts after sr, which I would think would offer sufficient leg room here, given that the team is offensive to the extent that you won't be conceding that many free turns to it, but it'll come in enough that having a smidge more leniency here would be nice. moreover, i don't find roar to be particularly gainful here, given the lack of spikes support, when coupled with the knowledge that braviary needs to get to at least +4 in order for heavy slam to stop breaking its subs in one. i'd consider toxic here, given the value of catching momo here is quite high, and it means that you can actually immediately restrict fletch, which looks potentially threatening in the end-game should you let king get low, pursuited, etc. i might also consider bumping the spa investment up on tauros to 12 evs, just for the sake of assuredly 2hkoing max hp doublade from full; personally, i've always considered speed creep on doublade to be something relegated from its attack investment, rather than its hp, and i'm fairly certain at least a few others share my sentiments on that.

have you given consideration to taunt > jab on drapion? as rule of thumb, i dislike the spike concession to be had of a more defensively-inclined balance build such as this when lacking in defog / spin support, and incorporating taunt would do something in restricting that. i feel this is rather pertinent here, given that spikes are pretty quickly regaining presence in the meta, and for many, trading their qwil or garbo for a layer would be a decent trade for them. the loss in immediate pressure only really comes into play v.tangrowth and aromatisse, with the former being mitigated by 2 fire blast 'lures', and the latter being stifled to a relevant degree by taunt (at least to the point that the defensive battery involved can't really recover adequately).
I actually considered replacing Aqua Tail for Earthquake quite a bit to help with opposing Qwilfish and Garbodor but putting Taunt over Poison Jab sounds as a nice compromise even thought Aromatisse is immune to taunt lol (loses to steelix and reuniclus :/). I implemented the minor fixes you suggested though so thank you for that.

Guys use Choice Scarf Emboar over Tauros it really helps vs Houndoom if you want to use this team now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)