The Monotype Melee (Quarter Finals) - The Superior Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Round 7 (QFs)!
Competitors Remaining: 6/36

Round Begins: Tuesday, 21 April 2009
Round Ends: Next Monday, Apr 27 (the sooner the better)
Days Left: X

***********************​

New Matchups:

Free Pass People - Pablo & TDS
  • Blue = 1 life
  • Red = Result
Diesel vs Eiganjo = Diesel
Erodent vs Deschain = Erodent

What Happens After This Round?
Well, after a little thought, I decided that it would be wrong to dismiss the hopes of people who lost this round that quickly. Therefore, what happens the next round will be the following:

Semifinalist 1 vs Semifinalist 2
Semifinalist 3 vs Semifinalist 4

The winners of each semifinal draw will proceed to the finals, obviously. The losers of each semifinal draw will battle for third and fourth place.

The change is this -these will be the matchups for the final round:

Finalist 1 vs Finalist 2
Semifinalist Loser 1 vs Semifinalist Loser 2
Quarterfinalist Loser 1 vs Quarterfinalist Loser 2

FIVE PEOPLE will win prizes - the two Finalists, the two Semifinalists, and the winner of the quarterfinal draw. SO, if you were eliminated this round, you still have a chance to win - don't give up yet!

Rules (Click)
Prizes (Click)

Alright, so this post will endeavor to explain what will happen should you fail to complete a match against your opponent. The winner that will be selected:
  • Has made an effort to contact the other.
  • Constantly posts in the tournament thread, keeping us updated on the status of the situation.
  • Has logged on Smogon either the day before or on the day the round concludes.
  • Is evidently more active than his or her opponent.
In reverse, the loser:
  • Did not make an attempt to contact the other.
  • Did not post here at all.
  • Last logged on Smogon two days (or more) before the round conclues.
  • Is evidently more inactive than his or her opponent.
Reference:
1. Erodent emerged victorious = Semifinalist
2. Diesel emerged victorious = Semifinalist
3. Deschain lost the round = Fifth Place Player #1
4. Eiganjo lost the round = Fifth Place Player #2

Statistics - Round 7 (Quarter Finals)
Meant for freaks (like me)

This is a compilation of the win-loss statistics of all 32 competitors up to date. They are arranged in order of the # of wins and are separated into 2 sections: competitors that are still in and competitors that have been eliminated. Do with the list what you will, but here's a general key as to what the symbols stand for. W means win. L means loss. - means was not present or draw. X is tricky - it is the round in which the competitor is not participating in because of elimination. So, for example, if the following symbols appear next to the name of a competitor: (WLLX), you can translate that to: Won in the first round, Lost in the Second Round, Lost in the Third Round, Eliminated, Did Not Participate in Round 4.

[Remaining] Competitor Statistics (Round 1-Round 2-Round 3-Round 4-Round 5-Round 6):

Deschain (WWWWWL)
Erodent (WWWWLW)
Diesel (WWWLW-)
Eiganjo (WWL---)
Pablo (LWWWWW)
TriDarkSouls (LWWWWW)

[Eliminated] Competitor Statistics (Round 1-Round 2-Round 3-Round 4-Round 5-Round 6-Quarter Finals):

Justenough (LLX) - Disqualified for Round 3
Mastadi (LLX) - Disqualified for Round 3
Magik0722 (LLX) - etc.
Kawl (LLX)
Dragonknight08 (LLX)
Alakapimp (LLX)
Krabs93 (LLX)
cw333 (LLX)
Honchkrow (WLLX)
Jigo (-LLX)
Asiankid (-LLX)
Wiinry (LWLX)
GoD_DanielDXC (-LWWLX)
NJsoccer (WWLLX)
Macle (WLWWLX)
Zerohorus (WLWLX)
Turtwigpal (WL-LX)
Lightsabre (-WLLX)

Chaos Emperor (-WL-LX)
Kenshin (--LLX)

Komodo (LWWLX)
Raistmagic (WWWLLX)
Supe (WWLW-LX)
TheMage111 (WWWWLLX)
Cosmic Jeff (WWWLWLX)
The Mole (WWLW-LLX)

I'll try to get my battle done ASAP, now that I'm aware of how badly my schedule conflicts with Eiganjo's. Looking forward to it.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I never thought I would make it tis far anyway, so all in all its really good :)
Diesel will be hard, but now that I can see the end, Im determined to get there :)

Deschain will be hard, given his near-perfect record. Anyone know when he'll be un-banned? I can't battle until Friday anyway.

Please note that the sooner the battles are completed, the sooner the semi-finals can begin.

I talk to Deschain fairly regularly on AIM, so I can mediate a time when you two can battle, or give you his screename via PM.

hey Erodent, let's set up our battle on AIM for this weekend.

i'm also curious as to how the "free passes" were decided upon (especially since these are the first bys of the entire tournament), and how it can possibly be fair to the four that are in this round that two participants were auto-passed to the semi-finals.

=/

Firstly, the ones who lacked to battle once or twice were definitely battling this round. Then it was the pick-name-from-hat deal.

Doesn't appear anything's changed in the difficulty of scheduling a battle with Eiganjo. I PM'd him and we should be able to get our done battle sometime today. I should be awake in about 9 hours.

Eiganjo

yeah, should get our battle done about 7-8pm my time (about 2-3 hours or so from now)

hopefully ill be able to pull through here ;)

I defeated Eiganjo 2-0. Great tourney, Eiganjo.

Edit: After looking at the rules, he's still alive. GL, Eiganjo ;)

Eiganjo

indeed, deschain is up next, so ill still have hope for a prize here.

but it wont be easy by all means

hooray for 5th place! :nerd:

and i don't know how tough it'll be for you Eiganjo, i got slaughtered my last two matches. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)