1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

the "mop" issue...

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Roy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I'm okay with the post Hip is referring to... that was a pretty dumbish thread and MoP's post says that in a pretty non-confrontational way. I'd probably infract the post Mekkah pointed out because of the disrespectful tone, especially since it is characteristic of his past behavior that we are trying to curb. I'll leave that to Mekkah or someone else though since I didn't come across it.
  2. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Really? I thought that thread was the best thread stark has seen in a long time, and mop showed up and made a whole bunch of ridiculous posts about god knows what..

Have a nice day.
  3. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

ok, he is gone. seriously, read or reread the June 2006 thread I linked to in my previous post, that is more than enough evidence that mop's been doing this shit for two years. in my OP in that thread:

"every post mop makes in rsfrlge is with some holier-than-thou pompous air, punctuated with a "what are you guys stupid" or "it's not that fucking hard" or a general condescending tone and i am fucking sick of it but as many of you know i dont like mop and never will so i am honestly asking you if i am the only one who picks up on this in that forum"

be it rsfrlge or ever grande or unchartered territory or stark mountain, mop has been a condescending ass forever, and i made it clear a year ago that he isn't getting away with borderline shit anymore. i'll infract myself, none of you should have to be subjected to 35+-message-long PM chains for infracting someone (yes, mop and i did this in january of this year)
  4. Misty

Misty oh
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

okay, since he got banned I stripped his badge.
  5. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I kinda feel sad because I liked mop, but this couldn't be averted or ignored I guess. Fair to say he got what he deserved :(
  6. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I assume this also revokes his #insidescoop access. I'm in class right now... so one of the other admins should take care of that if possible. If not, I'll be back in my room in 2 hours.
  7. Misty

Misty oh
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, I already removed his vop.
  8. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It's really too bad when people who are potentially smart contributors like MoP and Bob end up being dumb and need to be banned. :(
  9. Jumpman16

is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

10. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I am really starting to think we should just remove the "no insults" rule. If it is subjective and requires dealing with this sort of reaction:
    <@Aeolus> but do you see all the levels of inference you have to make to justify infracting him?
    [20:21:23] <@Aeolus> "I think he knows what he is doing... I think he is an intentional troll"

Then we could call ourselves "neutral" with regards to posts like DK's most recent.. To have a rule that is not enforced because some people believe that homosexuals actually are depraved is not neutrality, and I am really stuggling with it..

Of course in 99% of situations an insult will be off topic and can be infracted for that. And in the remaining 1% of the time you can just deal with it by calling the offender a bigot or a douche and not have to worry about whether some mod will disagree with your interpretation of the original post and infract you for it.

I can handle some retard calling me an asshat, it is much harder for me to accept an official decision that saying homosexuality is depraved is not an insult.

Have a nice day.
  11. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

tbh the idea he was "critizing" (HEh) wasn't that great but it's the way he brings it. Kinda like ET who does have a point sometimes but has to enforce it the ET way.

I'd have infracted his "OR...OR...OR" post before the one you linked though.
  12. Jumpman16

oh that's the one i was talking about, i actually link to my own post cause that's the url i was taken to after my post

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)