The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

A match I had some time ago with my nephew came down to my Delcatty vs his Gengar. I couldn't convince him to abide by any clauses even if I wanted to, so I think the rest of my team was either fainted or asleep. His entire strategy with Gengar was to use Hypnosis, then confuse ray, double team to +6 evasion and then Shadow Ball to victory if the opponent hasn't KO'd themselves from confusion. I had actually just rebreeded and leveled up this particular Delcatty because I was determined to make it have offensive presence. By means of Wonder Skin, she evaded 80% of the status moves from the Gengar and snapped out of confusion before she could do herself any real harm. Because Gengar's only attack was Shadow Ball, all he could really hope for was death by confusion hax, which didn't happen. I don't remember how long it took, but Delcatty ended up getting the KO and winning the match with Zen Headbutt.

To this day, my nephew insists that I rebuilt that Delcatty for the sole purpose of beating his Gengar. He prompltly switched his Shadow Ball to Sludge Bomb, and somewhere down the line gave up double teaming altogether.

Said Delcatty now has a prompt niche in my doubles matches.

as a 5 year old who got his game boy and pokemon yellow for christmas. I loved pikachu with all my heart. but wild battles were really annoying so I got to brock with a level 10 pikachu and level 9 pidgey. I was stuck for days, but then I complained to my dad and he asked if he could help, I showed him how to battle and when I woke up I had a level 26 pikachu and 25 pigeotto. THEN I DESTRYOED BROCK WITH MY PIKACHU'S MIGHTEH SLAM!

This one isn't me, but of my brother.
My brother had decided to hack to get 999x master balls at the start of Pokemon Diamond, to avoid having to waste time and catch difficult pokemon, since he wanted to speed run. He just beat the starly and went off to the town after twinleaf, and encounters a freakin' shiny starly. If it wasn't for hacking in the balls, he would've had to kill it or run away, since you get your first pokeballs from Dawn later on.

Reactions: JES
Beating the whole E4 (except champion) with my precious EV trained Thunderous WITHOUT using any recovery items of any sort. Actually I forgot to heal up before I went in and forgot recovery items so all my party was fainted except for him. Ended up losing but eh, I must admit, that made Thunderous my most prized pokemon (besides my Feraligatr on Silver, who sadly passed away two years ago ;-;)

Early in gen 4, I traded a crappy shiny for a Japanese mew from some guy on serebii's wifi chatroom and was ecstatic as it was the first (and still the only) mew I've ever owned. It had a +speed nature, and I decided to try out an offensive nasty plot/dark pulse/aura sphere/baton pass set with max speed and max hp EVs.

After giving it its moves and EVs, I went back onto serebii to find an ubers match. After a bit of back and forth I had an opening to bring in mew to try and pass to a np to dialga, so I did so, but he brought in umbreon on the switch. I got a second np as he toxiced my mew then started wish/protecting. Toxic got a couple ticks before I was able to break through and wreck his umbreon, but his next poke was darkrai, so I decided to fodder mew as he was gonna die anyway...but I outsped darkrai for the ohko! And then finished the sweep with a sliver of health left.

Sure he was a bit noobish having two darks on the same team, one of which was umbreon and the other obviously wasn't raised properly, but sweeping an ubers match with a mew that was supposed to baton pass out of a counter was still pretty epic IMO.

The best part is that I recorded the whole thing live!

Wi-Fi match. A person challenged me to a 6v6 Single Battle with normal rules. I accept, and lead with Delphox. Adamant, 0 perfect IVs, random EVs. I defeat his entire team with just Mystical Fire, Fire Blast, and Psychic. -SpA, just fantastic, not perfect, special attack, and random EVs. I beat his entire team of 6.

Replay code is FS6W-WWWW-WWW4-A7CX, if anyone wants to watch.

Reactions: JES
some guy challenged me to a match without restrictions while i was doing the main story, his team was like 30 levels above mine but mine were evs trained and i spent 2 days breeding them.

Lost the first but won the second. I felt fulfilled.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
These (they were me):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oucurrent-47544529
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oucurrent-47544856

As well as getting modest exeggute and wurmple (beautifly) and getting wonder traded a perfect dratini adamant and dragon dance, iron tail, aqua jet, outrage (gave to a friend though)

On platinum i trained in victory road, got a shiny rhyhorn and onix.

I also beat a random player who challenged me with (all random ev's/ivs/natures):
Binacle (slash, PupP, Shadow claw, Rock tomb)
charmeleon (flame burst)
Frogadier (water pulse)
Exeggute (confusion, sleep powder, stun spore)
Wonder traded Absol (strength)
event Torchic

Binacle had an eviolite and took out 4 of his team

After catching Zekrom at 25% with a pokeball, i asumed kyurem was as easy, caught with a pokeball at around 50%
(calc
The probability of catching this Pokémon in this situation is 0.77%

I was grinding in victory road in Ruby when I first played it. I had two Pokemon left, a Lv 19 Nuzleaf and my in-game Crobat (mid 50s, I think). I found the exit (I was 7, k?) and who shows up other than this green haired douchebag, acting like a main story character, challenging me to a battle...
I sweep his team with Crobat, I have NO healing items. His last Pokemon, Gardevoir, up against my low health Crobat, Gardevoir survives my next attack... KOs Crobat, 'Shite, only Nuzleaf's left'
Turns out Gardevoir's only attacking move was Psychic.
Screw SB Blaziken, Nature Power needs to be banned!

I just caught my fourth shiny Audino in gen 6.

EDIT: Make that FIVE. Good god, I shall have an army of the darlings.

That made me laugh XD

My best luck? Found a shiny ditto and a shiny sliggoo (goodra is one of my favorite mons) yesterday. Too bad the sliggoo had not 1, but 2 IVs that were 0's, but i traded it for an unburden Treecko and a Feebas with Pokerus!

Also: In heart gold I came across Raikou just after I passed Ecruteak City. Now, if you've encountered these roaming pokemon, you'd know that you only have one turn to attack, throw a ball, etc. until the pokemon runs away (unless you use Mean Look). Since I just encountered it after I triggered the event, all of my pokemon were <level 30, and I had only one Ultra Ball. So I was like, eh, whatever and I threw my one ultra ball at the Raikou with full health. And guess what. I caught it.

Random 6vs6 match with a guy. My Togekiss was paralyzed and had it's Leftovers Knocked Off. But it managed to paralyze and KO half the other guy's team due to paralysis hax. Basically had six free turns to run rampant while the other guy sat there unable to move due to paralysis. My Togekiss didn't even lose half it's HP and I love it even more now.

Random 6vs6 match with a guy. My Togekiss was paralyzed and had it's Leftovers Knocked Off. But it managed to paralyze and KO half the other guy's team due to paralysis hax. Basically had six free turns to run rampant while the other guy sat there unable to move due to paralysis. My Togekiss didn't even lose half it's HP and I love it even more now.
I find people really underestimate Togekiss. Truly a great Pokemon, it's often my MVP.

Found 2 shinies in one day yesterday (Gulpin on Ruby and Wooper on HeartGold), the first while in the john, and the second while compiling references for a 2000 word history essay on Rankeism. I deliberately look for shinies though unlike most people, so it may not be as impressive as it sounds lol

There was also the moment where my friend got sick of me sweeping his shit with my shiny Dragon Dance Dragonite on PBR, and decided to breed his own variant to throw me for a loop, a scary prospect as I had very little that could practically counter it (my team was simply a team of EV trained shinies with no real rhyme or reason put into it, it has shit like a Timid Beedrill with Toxic Spikes ffs). In the actual fight, he lead off with the Nite and I lead with Forretress, he set up all over my Forry as I laid down some hazards, expecting me to be greedy and go for 3 layers and therefore DDing 3 times. However, I assumed he'd do it twice so that he knew he could OHKO the rest of my team (though I honestly just expected 1 at first, got very shocked when he did it a 2nd time) and limited myself to 2 hazards, Exploding on his 3rd DD right as he finished set-up. His reaction was absolutely fricking PRICELESS.

back in my sapphire playthrough I was going after rayquaza. it used rest and I used a pokeball. I caught it with the full health. though it was asleep

When I found a Shiny Munna and quite literally my next encounter was a shiny Loudred

Also when I received a Gible that was perfect in every way in wonder trade.
(right egg moves, Hidden Ability, right nature, perfect IV's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)