XY UU The most FABULOUS hyper offence you've ever seen (peaked 1680 #17 on ladder)

Do you need a mega in UU

• Absolutely

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Kinda

Votes: 40 45.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters
Hey there, this is my first UU RMT and I hope you like it ^^ I have played mostly OU, and spend most time getting into that tier, but I find UU really interesting and I am slowly picking it up ^^

I actually created this team really fast when I found out that lucario had dropped down, and damn it's strong, I think that's all that needs to be said let's get into the analysis.

#################
image.jpg

#################

FABULOUS (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Focus Sash necessary for successfully setting up.
Ability: Pressure helps pp staling a little
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 def / 252 Spe max attack to maximize stone edge damage
Jolly Nature necessary for other base 130 and slower threats
- Taunt to prevent hazard on my side and preventing spin
- Stealth Rock nice support for HO
- Tailwind
partly filler, but nice against faster teams
- Stone Edge Pretty strong stab, mostly for when I have gotten my own setup, and is still alive

I have chosen sash lead aero because of its ability to learn sr and taunt, as well as being faster than other common hazard leads, including galvantula, azelf, swampert, donphan and forretress. This will often let me get up my own hazard early game, while torching out the opposing hazard lead. Tailwind is also a nice niche, though it rarely comes in handy it can sometimes allow victini to break through.

FABULOUS (Ampharos) (F) @ Ampharosite or any other hair product
Ability: Static -> Mold Breaker nice 30% para chance before going mega
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe to outspeed 8 spe maggron and hippodown
Modest Nature maximizing damage
- Thunderbolt accurate and powerful stab
- Volt Switch slow volt switcher to switch in teammates safely
- Dragon Pulse secondary stab, hits ground types
- Focus Blast to hit aggron and krokodile on the switch

While a mega is not absolutely necessary, most well functional team have one. I couldn't use maero, and the megas in UU is pretty limited, and amphy just seemed perfectly fit for this team. Slow volt switch is some really gives momentum by chipping away good amounts of damage and then giving a free switch into something that can handle the opponent.

FABULOUS (Haxorus) (F) @ Choice Scarf You know, speed 'n' stuff
Ability: Mold Breaker fuk levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Outspeeds jolly maero by one point
Adamant Nature Real men run adamant!
- Outrage Stab stab and strongest move, often used for late game sweeps
- Earthquake Ground is always good coverage
- Poison Jab Mainly for Florges
- Superpower For dark and steel types, as well as strongest neutral hit aside from outrage

With a beastly 147 base attack, Hax makes a very powerful revenge killer and late game cleaner, and with a effective 439 speed it outspeed the entire non-scarfed meta.

Though hydregon is arguably a better scarfed dragon, Hax often gets a kill because of the surprise factor, people expect the dd set, and then gets smacked with a fast outrage. Haxorus got changed out for hydreigon, hydregon is faster, and gives momentum in u-turn

image.jpg

FABULOUS (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Scarf Faster than Haxorus, and ties with other Hydreigons
Ability: Levitate It's my only ground resist when aero is gone
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe simple spread, 4 atk to get a stronger u-turn, speed ties with other Hydreigons
Naive Nature chosen over hasty to take wii-creates and u-turns a little better, rash or mild could be used instead.
- Draco Meteor Powerful stab, though it can't be used to sweep, like outrage
- Dark Pulse secondary stab and natural coverage with no negative effects
- Flash Cannon This is to revenge kill maero, as well as hitting fairy types hard.
- U-turn gains momentum while chipping away damage, needed against stall

Hydreigon (suggested by President Shinra) have taken Haxos place on the team, this is because it's faster, and have access to u-turn further adding to my volt/turn core. Overall the power lose is overshadowed by its great momentum gaining factor. Hydreigon can also often lure in blissey, and give a free switch into lucario or victini, which can setup or get a kill respectively. A ground immunity is also really great, as it can hard switch in from victini or amphy and often kill or force out the opponent.

FABULOUS (Victini) @ Choice Band
Damage 'n' stuff
Ability: Victory Star ahh, I don't need to worry about misses ^^
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe simple spread to maximize speed and power n_n
Adamant Nature real men run adamant!
- U-turn helps keeping momentum, and nice power with the band.
- Wii-create hilariously powerful attack, that will kill almost everything that don't resist it
- Bolt Strike powerful coverage to hit water types really hard
- Zen Headbutt secondary stab, much more spamable than wii-create

Choice band Victini can almost ohko everything with the right move, therefore forcing a lot of switches, with u-turn you can use that to your advantage chipping away hp while getting switch advantages. Victini often comes out gay straight after aero, in some cases abusing tailwind to break through with wii-create or gain momentum with u-turn. Victini have the best matchup against slower teams, but with its nice bulk it can also do well against fast offense, of played right.

FABULOUS (celebi) @ Leftovers
lefties lets it continuously switch into weaker/resisted attacks.
Ability: Natural Cure this little onion can also switch into status.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Max speed to outspeed non-scarfed hydregon and Lucario
Timid Nature I need higher defenses rather than a more powerful u-turn
- Giga Drain water types be gone ^^
- U-turn ones again, keeps momentum and ease predictions
- Psychic secondary stab, hits fighting types really hard
- Dazzling Gleam manly to nail hydregon on the swich, but also gives nice coverage against dark types.

Honestly celebi is the glue that hold my team together, with its nice bulk it can act as a great pivot, and switching into ground type moves that my team dont apreciate. Its grass typing gives it some key resistances as well as offenses that allows me to get through stuff like slowbro, swampert, blastiose and donphan much easier.

FABULOUS (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
need all the power it can get
Ability: Justified have proven more useful than inner focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe simple spread, need power ^^
Adamant Nature can you guess it? (Power)
- Close Combat stab that can kill slower, defensive threats after a few boosts.
- Extreme Speed strong priority needed to sweep.
- Bullet Punch Extra priority, mainly for aero, slowbro and mew are gone, so crunch is no as needed
- Swords Dance 4th time I mention power e_e

The star of the show, this guys sweeping potential is ridiculous. It's (most likely) the best abuser of extreme speed besides ekiller and I almost always try to make it my win condition, and it just pick up kills until life orb have worn it down entirely. It will often get 3-6 kills in when it sweeps late game. After a single boost it can often sweep the opponent entirely, and if they lets you set two sd's up its good game almost regardless of prior damage on anything.

Chalendure
lucs can't touch it.
Slowbro
regenerator makes it impossible to wear down
Hydregon
can outspeed everything I have, and do great damage to everything (if not kill)
Mew
this thing is really hard to kill, especially if victini is gone
Lucario
for the same reason I use it n_n
Donphan
sturdy and rapid spin screws over aero ;(

Mega Aerodactyl is really troublesome if i lose dragon early, as someone pointed out, and ill often have to sack one or two mons to get rid of it

image.jpg
Blissey
blis have become a little annoying with the hydregon change, now only two mons can deal with it.

FABULOUS (Aerodactyl) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind
- Stone Edge

FABULOUS (Ampharos) (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

FABULOUS (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

FABULOUS (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

FABULOUS (celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

FABULOUS (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

That was it, hope you enjoyd it, im open to suggestions, so i'll apreciate every rate (it took me really long to make this) also try out the team if you have the time to ^^

Shoutouts:
Thanks to President Shinra for suggesting hydregon > hax, it is really beneficial for the team ^^ also thanks for the celebii suggestion, will add the sets asap n_n

Final note: i really love to lose 29 points for a defeat, then gaining 8 for a win n_n

Last edited:
Chandelure is pretty much only a threat to Lucario if it's scarfed / has a Substitute up. Otherwise, Lucario outspeeds and crunches. I also don't see how Slowbro is a threat, given two of your pokes straight up annihilate it in a 1v1 situation and can gain initiative on Slowbro's switch with U-turn / Volt Switch.

Showdown only suggests that spread if you have Leftovers. Otherwise, it suggests a more useful 252/252+ spread for SAtk and Speed, which is much more useful for your purposes (outspeeds non-scarfed Hydreigon, speedties with Victini, outspeeds Lucario). Considering you're running Hyper Offense, the speed is much more important.

Superpower isn't too necessary for a Haxorus, as EQ is fine for Steel-types and doesn't have any Attack drops, making it more spammable lategame. I would recommend Dual Chop, as it helps with Substitute users (SubCM Chandy for example) and provides a secondary Dragon STAB option for when you don't want to lock yourself in on Outrage (i.e. if they have Fairy-types waiting in the wings).

I know you mentioned this in the analysis, but I think Hydra would be a superior Scarfed Dragon for this team, as it can U-Turn out for momentum and also break Mew, which is in your threats list. It also outspeeds opposing Haxorus, which looking at your team absolutely wrecks at +1 with a moveset of Outrage / Earthquake / Dual Chop. Also, your team is predominantly physical attackers, and Hydra would bring slightly more balance.

Chandelure is pretty much only a threat to Lucario if it's scarfed / has a Substitute up. Otherwise, Lucario outspeeds and crunches. I also don't see how Slowbro is a threat, given two of your pokes straight up annihilate it in a 1v1 situation and can gain initiative on Slowbro's switch with U-turn / Volt Switch.

Showdown only suggests that spread if you have Leftovers. Otherwise, it suggests a more useful 252/252+ spread for SAtk and Speed, which is much more useful for your purposes (outspeeds non-scarfed Hydreigon, speedties with Victini, outspeeds Lucario). Considering you're running Hyper Offense, the speed is much more important.

Superpower isn't too necessary for a Haxorus, as EQ is fine for Steel-types and doesn't have any Attack drops, making it more spammable lategame. I would recommend Dual Chop, as it helps with Substitute users (SubCM Chandy for example) and provides a secondary Dragon STAB option for when you don't want to lock yourself in on Outrage (i.e. if they have Fairy-types waiting in the wings).

I know you mentioned this in the analysis, but I think Hydra would be a superior Scarfed Dragon for this team, as it can U-Turn out for momentum and also break Mew, which is in your threats list. It also outspeeds opposing Haxorus, which looking at your team absolutely wrecks at +1 with a moveset of Outrage / Earthquake / Dual Chop. Also, your team is predominantly physical attackers, and Hydra would bring slightly more balance.
Hey there thanks for the rate ^^ I will try out the celebii, though I'm afraid it won't be as effective as a pivot.

About the hydregon, I think your right about the hydregon > Hax change! but should I go with jolly or modest scarf?

I'll test it out and make the changes if I find it to be better ^^

I'd highly suggest Timid>Naive on Hydreigon. The extra U-turn damage is pretty much irrelevant, and with Hydreigon being such a good switch in to a few things, you don't want to be getting worn down faster and the bulk is worth much more. The amount of situations in which the U-turn damage matters is very small.

Cool team! Ill do a full rate later! But, the one thing i noticed is a big weakness to mega aeroif hydrei is gone, youre going to have a hard time beating it without sacking 1 or 2 pokes.i recommend bullet punch on lucario over espeed. You lose 20bp overall, but it does more damage to mega aero.

Oh and i think its better for hydre to be timid or hasty. You really dont ha e a good check outside of hydre for chandy. Lowering your sp def is a big no imo even when it resists. You have mega amphy that can tank v creates all day (i do recommend you change your ev spread on amphy to outpace swampy after evolving)

More to come later!

i run 64 spe on mega ampharos so that it outspeeds 4 spe swampert and can kill with a HP Grass. Just a suggestion. Personally i would get rid of focus blast but your call

I am not an expert in UU but I think this is quite a solid team which just lacks a way to deal with somethings like mega aero after hydreigon is gone (say it three times fast). On your lead aero maybe replace tailwind with earthquake? Earthquake is a solid move on anything and gives aerodactyl decent coverage after he has done his stealth rocking anti lead shenanigans. Like I said I'm not expert in UU so if this advice is dumb sorry. I am trying to learn about the tier so correction is welcome.

Btw it's true that real men run adamant. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i really apreciate it, and sorry for not replying myself, i have been kinda busy ^^
I'd highly suggest Timid>Naive on Hydreigon. The extra U-turn damage is pretty much irrelevant, and with Hydreigon being such a good switch in to a few things, you don't want to be getting worn down faster and the bulk is worth much more. The amount of situations in which the U-turn damage matters is very small.
Your probably right, gonna change that rn, thanks.
Cool team! Ill do a full rate later! But, the one thing i noticed is a big weakness to mega aeroif hydrei is gone, youre going to have a hard time beating it without sacking 1 or 2 pokes.i recommend bullet punch on lucario over espeed. You lose 20bp overall, but it does more damage to mega aero.

Oh and i think its better for hydre to be timid or hasty. You really dont ha e a good check outside of hydre for chandy. Lowering your sp def is a big no imo even when it resists. You have mega amphy that can tank v creates all day (i do recommend you change your ev spread on amphy to outpace swampy after evolving)

More to come later!
Thanks for the suggestions, but the powerlose in bp is actually really bad, i also will be unable to hit fire and water types... And tbh i ones had bp over crunch, but hitting slowbro just seems more important.

And outspeeding swampert just does not seem that important to be honest, amd i would rather have the extra bulk :p

i run 64 spe on mega ampharos so that it outspeeds 4 spe swampert and can kill with a HP Grass. Just a suggestion. Personally i would get rid of focus blast but your call
Thanks for the rate ^^ ones again, i dont have any problems with swampert overall, and focus miss lets me kill maggron and dark types such as krokodile.
I am not an expert in UU but I think this is quite a solid team which just lacks a way to deal with somethings like mega aero after hydreigon is gone (say it three times fast). On your lead aero maybe replace tailwind with earthquake? Earthquake is a solid move on anything and gives aerodactyl decent coverage after he has done his stealth rocking anti lead shenanigans. Like I said I'm not expert in UU so if this advice is dumb sorry. I am trying to learn about the tier so correction is welcome.

Btw it's true that real men run adamant. ;)
thanks for the rate ^^
Its true that i struggle against mega aero, and i dont really know what to do about it ^^ eq seems like a solid option, amd egdequake is really good coverage overall. Ill make sure to try it out ^^
u could run some physical moves on Hydreigon cause it have decent attack
Haters Dont Hate on my mixed Hydreigon
i do, i have u-turn ;)

Ones again, sorry for not replying, i really appreciate all the rates, and ill test everything ones i have the time to, which is probally next weekend.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i really apreciate it, and sorry for not replying myself, i have been kinda busy ^^

Your probably right, gonna change that rn, thanks.

Thanks for the suggestions, but the powerlose in bp is actually really bad, i also will be unable to hit fire and water types... And tbh i ones had bp over crunch, but hitting slowbro just seems more important.

And outspeeding swampert just does not seem that important to be honest, amd i would rather have the extra bulk :p

Thanks for the rate ^^ ones again, i dont have any problems with swampert overall, and focus miss lets me kill maggron and dark types such as krokodile.

thanks for the rate ^^
Its true that i struggle against mega aero, and i dont really know what to do about it ^^ eq seems like a solid option, amd egdequake is really good coverage overall. Ill make sure to try it out ^^

i do, i have u-turn ;)

Ones again, sorry for not replying, i really appreciate all the rates, and ill test everything ones i have the time to, which is probally next weekend.
I know u have u turn im talking about some thing other than u turn some thing like superpower crunch or even iron tail
(iron tail for late game encase ur hydracon is the only one alive and they only have a spdef fairy (aka Florges))

If you want to go for a mixed set on Hydreigon, you should be going for a LO set, and even with LO you are not OHKOing either of them. A Scarf Hydreigon's job is not to wallbreak, but to revenge kill and potentially sweep, for which it is better to keep the moves which it currently has and abuse its strong SpAtk coverage. U-Turn should be the only physical move because it gains momentum with a little bit of chip damage, which is always nice.

If you want to go for a mixed set on Hydreigon, you should be going for a LO set, and even with LO you are not OHKOing either of them. A Scarf Hydreigon's job is not to wallbreak, but to revenge kill and potentially sweep, for which it is better to keep the moves which it currently has and abuse its strong SpAtk coverage. U-Turn should be the only physical move because it gains momentum with a little bit of chip damage, which is always nice.
ik i am a risky player qand scarfed mixed hydracon is very very siutuational...

ik i am a risky player qand scarfed mixed hydracon is very very siutuational...
It's also not good, for reasons RowDog mentioned, and also because the surprise factor of it is really the main reason for it being good (catching out Blisseys all day with Superpower on the switch) and surprise factor on a scarf set is literally nonexistent.

Hi buddy, just a quick rate.

Your team is quite weak to fighters, particularly stuff like Life Orb Mienshao so with that in mind, I would suggest you change Celebi to Crobat. This gives you a far more reliable switch in to Fighting-types and also helps with your weakness to Alakazam as well since you can outspeed and break it's Sash with a U-turn :]

Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 HP / 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt / Toxic / Super Fang
- Roost

Other than that , I would suggest running Recover somewhere on Celebi for added longevity potentially over Psychic as I really don't think Psychic is too needed, especially with Heracross leaving the tier. Also Trick on Victini over Zen Headbutt and Fire Blast over Flash Cannon on Hydreigon are moveset changes you can make but honestly, they're just my preferences so you don't necessarily have to do that :]

It's also not good, for reasons RowDog mentioned, and also because the surprise factor of it is really the main reason for it being good (catching out Blisseys all day with Superpower on the switch) and surprise factor on a scarf set is literally nonexistent.
thx bothe of u i will take ur sugesstions

Hi buddy, just a quick rate.

Your team is quite weak to fighters, particularly stuff like Life Orb Mienshao so with that in mind, I would suggest you change Celebi to Crobat. This gives you a far more reliable switch in to Fighting-types and also helps with your weakness to Alakazam as well since you can outspeed and break it's Sash with a U-turn :]

Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 128 HP / 200 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Taunt / Toxic / Super Fang
- Roost

Other than that , I would suggest running Recover somewhere on Celebi for added longevity potentially over Psychic as I really don't think Psychic is too needed, especially with Heracross leaving the tier. Also Trick on Victini over Zen Headbutt and Fire Blast over Flash Cannon on Hydreigon are moveset changes you can make but honestly, they're just my preferences so you don't necessarily have to do that :]
Thanks for rate, really appreciate it ^^

I'll test out crobat when I get home, probably not before 2 weeks though.. as for fire blast, the problem is that it will leave me with no chances against maero, while honestly not giving me any necessary coverage.

As for victini, I have never really felt the need to get rid of the band, so yeah ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)