The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

I'm gonna tell you a little story,

I was 6 years old and just got Pokemon Crystal for my Birthday, I had no idea how to play the game (I actually thought the flowers were coins.) Anyway 3 months had passed and I had no idea how to get my starter (LMAO I was 6). One day my 2 year old sister picks up the game walks into the lab and gets a chikorita with a brown leaf on its head. I was pissed of at the fact she figured it out. I did not like chikorita so I turned off my game and restarted and got a regular Totodile.

/facepalm

What is your most facepalm worthy momemt?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
When I could not beat Lucian on diamond, but this time I was going to do it! All I had to do was use a full restore, and then deal the final blow. Getting excited, I went into my inventory and picked... an ultra ball!? Yeah, I picked the wrong item and lost, and after about 10 more times trying to beat Lucian I traded in my heart gold team in the high 90s in levels, threashed them and then traded back, scyther got level 100, my first 100, so its not all bad! xD

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Trained a Dragon Dance Kingdra so that I stood the slightest of chances against my friend's Lv 100 Kyogre. She wasn't very smart but she put a lot of time into the game and insisted on doing pretty much anything to win, even using Ubers when none of the rest of us liked using them. So it was all going to plan, she was trying to break through Kingdra with Hydro Pump to no avail and I managed to get to +2, and I start Outraging. She then uses Sheer Cold and gets me the first time. -_-

I have having a goof off battle with my little brother who wanted me to see the effects of Metrinome, a move that at the time I didn't even know existed. (Emerald Version by the way, I was 13 and uncompeditive)

I used a Togetic that a friend gave me at level 100, he, a togepi at level 5...

I use fly, togepi used Meterinome---> Sandstorm
Togepi used protect, Fly fails

The rest of the battle (20 turns or so...) went on in this mannor...
At least until sandstorm killed the togetic, which for some reason had no healing moves. I was defeated by a level 5 Togepi!!!

I have having a goof off battle with my little brother who wanted me to see the effects of Metrinome, a move that at the time I didn't even know existed. (Emerald Version by the way, I was 13 and uncompeditive)

I used a Togetic that a friend gave me at level 100, he, a togepi at level 5...

I use fly, togepi used Meterinome---> Sandstorm
Togepi used protect, Fly fails

The rest of the battle (20 turns or so...) went on in this mannor...
At least until sandstorm killed the togetic, which for some reason had no healing moves. I was defeated by a level 5 Togepi!!!
Goddamn Togepi Metronome. I spent ages trying to train that bastard up to the point where it liked me enough to evolve (with massages etc every day). But using Metronome to train is not a good idea.

• It pulled out Explosion and Selfdestruct a couple of times each
  • It used Fling with its Soothe Bell twice - and you just have to reload after that
  • It KO'd a Geodude with Roar of Time once, that was ok

During my run of Emerald, I ran into a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road.

I was so worried about it using Whirlwind that I decided to press each button slowly & carefully. And I still managed to hit "Run" by mistake!

Also, when I was about 10 & caught my first shiny (Nidoran-M on Silver), I named him "Horny," without knowing the double meaning...

Not my facepalm but I caused it...

I was battling and battling for hours...
My friend claimed that pidgeot was on the route that I was on so I tried to find it.
(Loves Pidgeot after defeating Yellows Elite 4 with headbutt)
Well, 3 hours later, I found a level 12 Pidgy and it was shiny!!!
Now I has the Pidgeot that everyone adores!!!

Sorry for posting twice but he just reminded me of it...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Amoonguss out against a Thundurus-T. I expected HP Ice, so I was planning to switch to Slowbro... before thinking that Thundurus could just derp with Thunderbolt instead, so I switched in my Tyranitar and ate a Focus Blast.

On Turn 3.
That is a quality bit of over prediction that actually didn't work out. I have stuff like that all the time in battles.

That is a quality bit of over prediction that actually didn't work out. I have stuff like that all the time in battles.
Welp, I got out-overpredicted LOL, I wasn't expecting him to somehow Focus Blast on turn 3 when that obviously wouldn't take out either of amoongbro. Considering that was against a rain team... gg

Alternatively, there was also a time where I had a Ninjask set up to +3/+3 in my face. ._. Lack of a p-hazer hurts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)