The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hadn't unlocked the super single line yet in the battle subway on my new white 2 so I slapped together a team I thought would be fun to get through the regular line consisting of Zoroark, Heatran and Shedinja (they're just three of my favourites). When I got to Ingo he lead with Crustle so I switch to Heatran and take a Stone Edge. Sturdy let's him hang on after I Flash Cannon him and he finishes me off with Earthquake. I know his other two can't touch Shedinja (except toxic from Garbodor) so I figure I can sweep him easily, so I send him out.
•Shedinja used Shadow Sneak
•Crustle fainted
•Shedinja is hurt by Rocky Helmet
•Shedinja fainted

Zoroark got destroyed by Klinklang. Hate wasting my time on the boring regular line!

There are always those players in ubers who "disguise" their Arceus. A common technique is to nickname a Ghost Arceus "Arceus-Dragon", since the two formes look very similar.

Now, I've been playing ubers for awhile, and I am able to generally spot the differences pretty easily. (Dragon Arceus has green dots, while Ghost Arceus does not.)

But there was one time I logged onto PS, and I was far too tired to be playing. My opponent sent out his Ghost Arceus, nicknamed "Arceus-Dragon". I noticed that it was a Ghost Arceus, and switched out as it set up a Calm Mind. I then proceeded to double-switch to save my Zekrom, fearing a super-effective dragon-type Judgment.

Eventually I realized my error, and was able to switch out.

Later, I had my own Ghost Arceus out against his. His Arceus was paralyzed, but at high health. I knew that my Judgement would not take out his "Dragon Arceus", so I switched out.

Later in the battle, the Arceus switched into my Keldeo after a kill. My Keldeo was locked into Surf. Knowing that I needed to preserve the Keldeo, I switched into Mewtwo to take the Judgement.

I thereby ragequitted.

I'm a lot younger than most people who's first pokemon games were the 1st gen ones. I'm only 15.
Needless to say, when I started playing 1st gen I could BARELY read. I had Pokemon Yellow, and I didn't know how to capture other pokemon. So I was battling with my pikachu doing perfectly fine, and then I run into the rock type gym. Obviously brock pulverized my standalone pikachu team, so I asked my sisters how I'm supposed to beat them, and then they helped me use the pokeballs to catch pokemon.
I ended up catching 4 pidgeys and a nidoran male.
After slowly tackling brock's geodude to death, the mighty onix comes out. He faints my last two pidgeys, but his health is critical. I send out Nidoran. Nidoran uses tackle, bind misses. I hit tackle again.
Nidoran defeats Onix.
Nidoran goes from level 3 to level 11.
By the time I got to Victory Road I had 4 level 30ish Pidgeots, a level 10 pikachu, and a level 75 Nidoking.

I was about 12 years old. I was training Rayquaza at the Sky Pillar on Saphire. I played some hours this day and was kinda bored off meeting the same Pokémon again and again. I decided to leave the area when I ran int0o a Golbat. A Shiny Golbat. I didn´t look on the screen and was playing without sound. I just sat there and thought: "Oh my, your Eyes seems to be very tired"
So I used Outrage with Rayquaza and beated that Golbat.
I. BEATED. THE. FIRST. SHINY. I. EVER. MET >_>

And I taught my Slaking Solar Beam years ago, because I gave a f**k on stats. Very clever, I know.

Be 5/6 year old Pokemon Red trainer. Do not know how to get pokemon out of PC. Release only Hitmonlee and Snorlax in an attempt to get them out ;p Either that or keep attempting to quake someguy holding a balloon in subway (not even just once lol)

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Um, this is a little embarrassing, but I was 8 when I got my first Pokemon game, Fire Red. And as an 8 year old I had a really bad habit of chewing on things...basically anything I came across. My nails, my fingers, the silver eraser holder on the end of the pencil, really I chewed on almost everything.

And, I don't know why I did this...but I chewed on my FireRed cartridge...very stupid of me, I know. I'm still not exactly sure why I was so silly to do such a thing, but one day, not surprisingly, it just stopped working. Sad ;____; and then, I lost it. If only I had it and it worked again long enough for me to migrate all of my Pokemon to my Diamond version...oh well.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In diamond version, when i was 8 years old or something, I was stuck to search the path to the final Team Galactic battle in Spear Pillar. I was stuck for like 400 hours

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Aww man, that damn path. Thank god I was already a youtuber at that point, otherwise I would have been stuck for a similar time to the lol.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
I had Cynthia beat in Diamond in my first runthrough, all I needed was to KO Lucario. I had forgotten its typing, and thought it was Fighting/Dark, so instead of using a Psychic move from my Gaedevoir to take it out, I clicked Signal Beam. I failed to KO and then lost the game. It took me at least ten more tries to beat her.

Um, this is a little embarrassing, but I was 8 when I got my first Pokemon game, Fire Red. And as an 8 year old I had a really bad habit of chewing on things...basically anything I came across. My nails, my fingers, the silver eraser holder on the end of the pencil, really I chewed on almost everything.

And, I don't know why I did this...but I chewed on my FireRed cartridge...very stupid of me, I know. I'm still not exactly sure why I was so silly to do such a thing, but one day, not surprisingly, it just stopped working. Sad ;____; and then, I lost it. If only I had it and it worked again long enough for me to migrate all of my Pokemon to my Diamond version...oh well.
We have a winner.

I was in the Safari Zone (SoulSilver) and I came across a shiny Magneton.
I was running around my house like YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
And then it ran away.
I felt like yelling FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

A while ago, on Black, my little brother found our first ever shiny. And it was...! A Luvdisc. A yellow shiny Luvdisc.

When I was younger with my first pokemon game I went fishing with an old rod and found a golden(shiny) magikarp! I was freaked out and thought something was wrong with my game so i turned it off. Yeah.

(Facepalm)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm pretty sure I've brought this up before, but when I was really young, I encountered the PokeRus virus. I was terrified that my Pokemon were sick and I shut off the game.

EDIT: Pokemon Crystal, probably around nine years ago.

One time, in LeafGreen, I saw a shiny rattata, but since I was new to Pokemon, I thought that was the normal colour for a rattata, and I ran away from the battle

o_______o

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure I've brought this up before, but when I was really young, I encountered the PokeRus virus. I was terrified that my Pokemon were sick and I shut off the game.

EDIT: Pokemon Crystal, probably around nine years ago.
When I encountered PokeRus, it was on a poisoned Ponyta. I thought it was just because it was poisoned, but that my Pokemon were sick too. I didn't use them till the PokeRus was over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)