The Most Overused Team Ever. RMT

I made this team with the intention to win, so please don't hold back with anything. [Changes in Bold]

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EV: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Meteor Mash
-Explosion
-Trick
-Stealth Rock

Trick off a scarf to a poke thats trying to set up, or simply just use it for speed. Stealth rock, so I can get it right off the bat, or after i've lost the scarf. Explosion when im desperate to kill something off. Meteor mash still does a fair amount of damage, even without band.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV: 252 HP/ 220 Def / 38 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Roost
-Heat Wave

This guy is fairly easy to bring in. Heat wave for lucario, hera, breloom, metagross and scizor. Thunderbolt for gyaras, starmie, and any physical sweepers with low sp.def. Hidden Power ice for dragons and rock types and Roost just to heal.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EV: 160 HP / 132 Sp.atk / 216 Speed
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Rapid Spin

Suggested starmie, to counter mixape. Stab surf deals a healthy amount of damage to anyone that isnt immune, and ice beam is for those pesky dragons/flyings. Rapid Spin to get rid of the stealth rock that zapdos hates and anything else.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Rash
EV: 6 HP / 252 Speed / 252 Sp.Atk
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power Grass
-Explosion

Standard scarftran. Since i have 3 pokes weak to fire, he kinda covers their back. Earth power for electric types and ape, hp grass for swampert and explosion as a last resort.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV: 148 HP / 252Def / 110 Sp.atk
-Ice Beam
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Thunderwave

Another suggested pokemon, over celebi this time, as blissey seems to be the superior wall. Ice beam to kill off dragons, seismic toss just to damage other pokes and thunderwave to slow them down, so my zapdos and scizor get a chance to pound em.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV: 230 HP / 252 Atk / 26 Sp.Def
Ability: Technician
-Roost
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

Scizor xP With of course platinum bullet punch. Bullet punch for ghosts and stab. Brick break for Magnezone and roost for healing off orb damage.
--------------------------------------------------------
Threat List:

Aerodactyl: Everyone has a super effective move.
Alakazam: Metagross and Heatran both have the power and speed. Blissey can wall
Azelf: Heatran,Scizor
Blissey: Metagross *trick* and Scizor, Heatran for last resort *explosion*
Breloom: Heatran, Starmie, Zapdos
Bronzong: Metagross*trick*, Heatran, Zapdos
Celebi: Metagross *trick*, Heatran
Cresselia: Metagross *trick*, Scizor*
Donphan: Starmie
Dragonite: Starmie, Heatran
Dugtrio: Zapdos *hp grass*
Electivire: Heatran *earth power*
Forretress: Heatran, Zapdos
Gallade: Zapdos
Gliscor: Heatran, Starmie, Blissey
Gyarados: Zapdos
Heatran: Heatran, Zapdos, Scizor *depending on set*
Heracross: Heatran, Zapdos
Hippowdon: Zapdos, Metagross *trick*, Starmie
Infernape: Starmie, Scizor
Jirachi: Heatran, Zapdos
Jolteon: Heatran, Blissey
Kingdra: Zapdos
Lucario: Heatran, Scizor, Zapdos
Machamp: Heatran, Zapdos *tbolt*
Magnezone: Heatran, Scizor, Zapdos
Mamoswine: Heatran, Scizor, Metagross
Metagross: Heatran, Zapdos
Ninjask: Metagross *trick*, heatran, scizor *bullet punch*
Porygon-Z: Zapdos, Heatran
Salamence: Heatran, Starmie
Scizor: Heatran, Zapdos
Skarmory: Heatran, Zapdos
Snorlax: Scizor, Metagross*trick*
Starmie: Metagross, Zapdos, Blissey
Suicune: Zapdos
Swampert: Zapdos
Tentacruel: Zapdos
Togekiss: Zapdos, Blissey
Tyranitar: Scizor, Heatran *earth power*
Vaporeon: Zapdos
Weavile: Heatran, Zapdos
Yanmega: Scizor *bullet punch*, Zapdos, Metagross *trick*, Blissey
Zapdos: Zapdos, Metagross *trick*

It may seem like i use the Metagross trick tactic to beat a lot of threats, which is what happens if meta is still alive. Scarf shuts down a lot of walls and pokemon that rely on a range of attacks. But there will always be someone other than meta to counter incase he is dead. If I have simply just used metagross by itself, assume i mean meteor mash or explosion.

So there we go, please share all and any suggestions to make this already fantastic team better. Thank you ^^

First off I am surprised at why you are using Heat Wave over Hidden Power Grass on ZApdos, you are aptly walled by Swampert the way that you are at the moment, and even though you have Celebi, you dont want to have to switch Celebi in every time. Thunderbolt takes care of Scizor and Zong well anyway, Zong can't do anything to you except Explode anyway (which you can't prevent) and Scizor can be deal with easily using roost and Thunderbolt, Swampert could be a hindrance to you seeing as you will draw it out with Scizor, Heatran and Gross on your team, Zapdos will also draw it out and 2HKO bulkier versions with HP Grass, allowing Heatran, Scizor and friends to sweep more easily. If you really want to keep Heat Wave then get rid of Roar, as its not really helping you seeing as you only have one entry Hazard.

The rest of the sets are fine, as they are standard, but I do have some minor nitpicks, first off Zapdos' EV spread is a bit weird, if you want a defensive Zapdos go with 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe, and if you want an offensive one go with 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP, that way your Zapdos is doing its Job rather than a half hearted one. Max the Speed on Heatran those HP EVs aren't doing _loads_ and the opportunity to deal with other Heatran is far too lucrative, you wouldn't want to lose that by default. You probably want the standard Swords Dance Scizor too, that is now on the analysis page as it has recently been updated, the extra Speed will allow you to outspeed more important things such as Modest Magnezone before they KO you.

So I suppose the question is, do these Pokemon really work well together? You seem to have the majority of threats I can think of covered, but if you are having specific problems please do say, If you trick the Scarf and your opponant is intelligant INfernape kind of rips through your team, so you could try changing Reflect to Light Screen on Celebi to help things like Swampert and Zapdos deal with it a little better.

So like i have said this team looks good on paper, if you could provide a threat list or at least something that you think it needs to deal with thats better. I am unsure as to whether you have tested it so I would test it and seee how it works, then get back to us so we can do even more to help you out =D

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would really change around some of the EV spreads on your pokemon.

You seem to want to go the defensive route with Zapdos so I suggest you change the EV spread to 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe. All base 100 speed pokemon want to run 36 Spe EVs to guarantee outrunning Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom, and this is of even more importance on Zapdos. It could mean the difference in being Spored or OHKOing with Heat Wave, or being Stone Edged before you can Roost to remove your Flying type. I think you should stick with your current attacks, and if you really want to add HP Grass then you should do it over Roar, not Heat Wave.

On Heatran, I would give him max Speed to at worst tie with opposing Heatran. Naive is always an option if you're feeling you need a stronger Explosion.

On Celebi, you'll want to change the spread to 252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Spe to ensure outspeeding the aforementioned threats. Also, consider running Thunder Wave over Reflect - it will make dealing with threats such as Zapdos, Gyarados, Heatran, Infernape and Salamence a lot easier to deal with for the rest of your team, and will make sweeping much easier for your slow Zapdos and Scizor.

Scizor's EV spread might be more efficient if you choose to run 232 HP, 252 Atk, 24 Spe. This puts your HP at a Life Orb minimum damage number, and it also ensures you outrun all Vaporeon, who are now starting to run Spe EVs to outrun 4 and 8 Spe Scizor. I would recommend you run this bulky spread over the standard sweeper spread since you want to make the most of Roost. Also, I would recommend you run Brick Break over X-Scissor as it gives a lot better coverage, as well as giving you something to ward Heatran off with. As it is, you are forced to switch out whenever Heatran comes in on you.

Your team looks pretty solid on paper and seems to have most threats covered. If you could make a threat list saying how you deal with threatening pokemon, it will allow raters do see how the team is like in practice, and will result in much better rates for you.

Good luck with your team,

LR.

The most standard team ever would have Blissey.

If you're going with this defensive Zapdos set up with only two attacks it should probably be HP Grass instead of Heat Wave, or even HP Ice. Greater coverage, ya see. There's not all that much wrong with it, though. SpecsMence and his powerful special assaults might take their toll here, though, especially if the user has good prediction.

I've updated my team with all the changes, as seen in bold and I have added a threat list, which should help the suggestions. So please rmt ^^

I never understood why people say Brick Break on SD Scizor is for Heatran... it doesn't OHKO! Superpower > Brick Break if you want to kill Heatran switchins, as well as Magnezone, whom Brick Break doesn't suffice against. It is good for breaking screens, but Brick Break is better in Ubers, where fire moves are rarely used.

@ LR: He is forced out whenever Heatran switches in regardless, the only difference is he can hurt him on the switch now, but again, Superpower is better for such a situation.

As for Zapdos, drop Roar. There are better users out there(Gyarados) who benefit a lot more from it. Zapdos can already force plenty of switches, whether it be that annoying Scizor or Vaporeon, and like previously stated, you are only setting up Stealth Rock anyways. Zapdos deeply appreciates Heat Wave, so abuse it. Heat Wave enhances physically bulky Zapdos's job, beating up Heracross, Lucario, Metagross, Scizor, Breloom, etc. It scores a OHKO on Forretress, plus with Zapdos's natural resistance to grass, you can force most Celebi out as well.

The team looks decent, but I think Scizor wants 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe, not 224 Speed. The 24 Speed EVs, like previously stated, allows him to outrun most Vaporeon.

Your team is pretty heatran weak. Specifically Subtran, if that thing sets up a Sub you may be in trouble.

Also for Scizor, try out different combinations that work with your team. I run a much more unorthodox Scizor that works just as well:

72 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 168 Spe

Bullet Punch / Quick Attack / X-Scissor / Swords Dance

IMHO, that is the best Scizor set for absolute lategame sweeping. Why? 208 Speed outspeeds an OHKOs Vaporeon, Milotic, Cresselia and a bunch of annoying bulky pokemon (seriously, be walled by water pokemon is embarassing). Oh yeah, Quick Attack is a pretty good option as well, since every Scizor in the world is quietly walled by fucking Infernape and Jolteon. But that is another option, but you will be walled by Heatran and Mag (who destroy you anyway).

Won't that scizor make my team even more heatran weak? ill try out it anyway, and see which works better, thanks.

Anyone else have suggestions?

RL, you didnt even tell him how to fix his heatran weakness. Actually, I don't know how helpful celebi is, especially since you have a heatran, magnezone (timid + sub is everywhere because of scizor), ect. Blissey is definitely still the best idea to take on special threats and can still thunder wave stuff. I don't know how you would have trouble with bulky water / ground types anyway considering you have zapdos, starmie, metagross, and soon, blissey. I guess a wishset or a twave set would work as both give you the same ammount of special walling. I suppose I would take thunder wave / softboiled in this case, only because thunder wave looks essential in slowing down threats like heatran, gengar, and azelf.

May I suggest this EV spread for Scizor?

112 HP / 252 ATK / 84 Defense / 60 Special Defense
Let's him keep his sweeping abilities, while letting have some little tanking abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)