The Most UBER Tournament Ever -- Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Approved by Bloo | Tournament Rules

The Most UBER Tournament Ever​
Hosted by bojangles, Hugendugen, and Zephyr

Art by Shinxe from Issue #14 of The Smog

Introduction

Ubers is a tier where all the Pokemon are jacked up on steroids. With offensive titans like Palkia, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, you really just always have to be on your toes. There are no counters. There are almost no safe switch-ins. Every Pokemon will take a truckload switching into something like Choice Specs Kyogre, so you need to constantly be assessing your situation and triaging which Pokemon you need the least. The tier is extremely fast-paced and team-reliant. Unfortunately, it’s not enjoying the popularity it has in the past generation. Fearing the decline of our favorite tier, Hugendugen and I, with the help of Zephyr, have thrown together the ultimate Ubers tournament to try and bring it back to its former glory. Let’s face it: the Ubers ladder on our PO server isn’t the height of skill. This tournament, however, will put you to the test in not only the quality of players, but also teambuilding. We have created a gauntlet of teambuilding restrictions for you to navigate through in order to conquer the metagame in every way possible. Plus it’s a team tournament, and everybody loves those, right?

This team is going to be heavy on teambuilding and Ubers metagame knowledge. IRC is not required by any means, but I encourage you all to come on down to #pokemon on synIRC to help with your Ubers knowledge and discuss the implications of each Pokemon on the metagame! Click here for tutorials on how to log on or use this handy link to jump right on via Mibbit!

General Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Fifth Generation
  • Standard UBERS
  • Single Elimination
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Matches must be conducted on Pokemon Online
  • Keeping logs is not required but if there is a discrepancy, you may want to have it!

Special Rules:
  • This will be a team tournament akin to Team Trials. They will be teams of 5
    • Everybody on the team must confirm
    • Come up with an awesome name
    • For those who do not have a team, I will be keeping a list of “free agents” so go ahead and express interest! I will not be making teams though, so it is your responsibility to seek out other free agents.
    • IMPORTANT: When you sign up as a team, each member will be randomly assigned to be in a Division (A-E are possibilities). When teams play each other, people will play the corresponding player in their division. The restrictions will be given by division as well. YOU MAY NOT CHANGE DIVISIONS.
    • We will be taking 16 teams. Because you are signing up in teams, there will be no randomization, so we will take the first 16 teams that are assembled.
  • Every round, each division will be given a teambuilding restriction. You obviously must follow this.
    • Round 1 – Players will be given a specific Pokemon they are required to use. You do not have to build around this Pokemon, but you must use it.
    • Round 2 – Players will be given a combination of Pokemon (2) they are required to use.
    • Round 3 – Players will be given a core of Pokemon (3) they are required to use.
    • Round 4 – Players will be given some amount of Pokemon they are not allowed to use.
  • Yes, this means you are building a new team every round. I still expect people to adhere to strict deadlines.
  • Work on the Pokemon teams as a team!
  • It’s going to be lots of fun

Free Agents:
Alice
HBK
Unbreakable
YAYtears
KidChameleon
JaggerJack
SOMALIA
iss
KnightoftheWind
tito
lapras6666
christos21
Victini the owneadorrr
HSA
Metal Bagon
Pkrs
Ditto
idiotfrommars
Blightbringer
ssbbm
Max212
pokemonrocks777
Agammemnon
Ojama
Hawkstar
ala
-Manu-
Poppy
DetroitLolcat
Foster
!Nexus
Dublinnaser1
Blim
Zebraiken
dragonboy52
Master of the Six Kings
ToF
soviet
mostwanted
Vinc2612
shnen
Bartman101
Furai
Fabbles
Asuya.
Meh
Iceydude168
NastyGoldyloxx
Tomahawk9

Team List:

Team NOWHERE
A: Steven Snype
B: Bloo
C: Iconic
D: Eo Ut Mortus
E: Zephyr

Team Aeotos Arcana
A: DrMohammadLi
B: Brotom
C: Orichalcos Owl
D: FelixMinamimoto
E: IceCarAdler

Team TBA
A: McMeghan
B: kd24
C: Private
D: Go10
E: Cristal

Team 4 and a 5/17 men
A: D4RREN
B: Omicron
C: San_Pellegrino
D: New World Order
E: MikeDecIsHere

Team dodrioluvvers
A: The_Chaser
B: Windsong
C: ballabrown24
D: Delta 2777
E: Stone_Cold

Team T.E.A.M
A: The Kyle
B: TalkingLion
C: jessifer
D: Raseri
E: .Robert

Team KAEL PORRA
A: Rewer
B: Blue Star
C: Butterfreeak
D: Pedrock
E: MarceloDK

Team *no name*
A: 1996ito
B: Syrim
C: Donkey
D: Karppi
E: Manapheee

Team undecided on name
A: blarajan
B: idiotfrommars
C: AndViet
D: drcossack
E: zarator

Team Chasing four Golden Lampposts = UIndisputed victority with HSA.
A: undisputed
B: HSA
C: Lamppost
D: TheFourthChaser
E: Golden Sun

Team '-'
A: Heather Star
B: Mibuchiha
C: T-Dogg
D: Luck>Skill
E: DarkDiglett

Team TBD
A: JabbaTheGriffin
B: tito
C: mostwanted
D: ToF
E: Taylor

Team SLAMZ
A: Agamemmnon
B: Lady Salamence
C: -Manu-
D: Shnen
E: Zebraiken

Team TBD
A: Colchonero
B: [K-12] The Madchine
C: SoulWind
D: davidness
E: Vinc2612

Team SXFLO
A: xtrashine
B: SOMALIA
C: Ojama
D: Lady Bug
E: Folgorio

Team TBD
A: ala
B: HBK
C: Splendiferous
D: Poppy
E: Furai

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

An excuse to learn a new tier, team members to give advice and hopefully make up for my shortcomings, AND I only face people at what is thought my skill level is?

So in.

Hugendugen

Noam Chompsky.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
An excuse to learn a new tier, team members to give advice and hopefully make up for my shortcomings, AND I only face people at what is thought my skill level is?

So in.
Just to clear this up, the divisions are not based on skill level, but are randomly generated in order to assign players their teambuilding requirements.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
In.

Team NOWHERE: Bloo, Eo Ut Mortus (sucks), Steven Snype, Iconic, Zephyr.

They'll post soon!

Just to clear this up, the divisions are not based on skill level, but are randomly generated in order to assign players their teambuilding requirements.
Oh, so each person on a team gets a different restriction, and they battle the person with the same restriction on the other team.

I still think skill level as determined by ladder peak would sort players into "divisions" and a team consisted of one member from each division.

brb making tourney idea that's better than failed "Loser's Bracket" (bloo knows)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)