The most unoriginal title ever: Yoshinite vs. Unoriginal Name

Challenging user Unoriginal Name to a 3v3 LC Singles Match
Everything Standard, Switch OK Arena is
KAP Attraction #71: Haunter's Haunted House
Type: Ghost
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions:
Evasive Teleport, Agility and similar actions only usable on Dark- and Ghost-types Due to the darkness and labyrinthine corridors, it is impossible for most Pokemon to use evasive actions, like Agility (Evasive). Protect and Detect may be used regardless, and Dark- and Ghost-types are immune to this restriction, due to the former's superior senses in such an environment and latter's comfortability in this place and most of the species' abilities to phaze through walls.
Seismic actions priority locked at -6, even in combos with priority moves Seismic attacks have -6 priority due to the well-constructed flooring.
No water source Due to the lack of a usable water source, attacks like Surf and Dive may not be used in the mansion.
Non-Ghost moves have accuracy reduction of 3% percent flat Excluding those that specialize in paranormal or Ghostly arts, every move has a 3% flat accuracy reduction. It's small, but can really effect a battle.

Description:
Koffing Amusement Park may be fun for the full family, but there are certainly some attractions that can scare a child out of their wits, and Haunter's Haunted House is one of the best, most literal examples of this. Even the outside shows traces of this: a rickety, old, wood house that almost radiates fear- and the Haunter's and Gastly that float around the outside doesn't hurt it's creepiness either. Perhaps you aren't looking forward to it, but this deliberately-possessed mansion is the setting of your next battle.

As you walk inside, you notice that, the closer you walk, the darker the sky appears to get. The outside is creepy enough, but once you walk inside, the pure atmosphere terrifies you. Various residents of multiple Ghost family lines float around the inside- and a Mismagius seems to be staring at you with malicious intent. Every step makes the floorboard creak, and the only source of light it the Chandelure hanging from the ceiling, and they hardly help at all. Ghosts phaze through the walls, muttering what are probably the Pokemon language equivalent of evil curses and despaired wishes to be alive again. Even in such a horrifying environment, you must go on with your battle. Pokeball in hand, you ready your team. If you have to battle in such a horrifying place, you should at least make the most of it, right?
yoshinite said:

Name: Nohface [Pokerface] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)

Type: Ghost/Steel
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Levitate: Trait This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Moves:

Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Odor Sleuth
Metal Burst
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
ShadowStrike
Iron Head
Fake Out

Icy Wind

Payback
Toxic
Gyro Ball

Meteor Mash
Psycho Shift
Hex

Frillish [Violet] (M)
Nature: Bold (+Def -Atk)
Type: Ghost/Water
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Water Absorb:Type: Innate
This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself
Cursed Body:Type: Innate
When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.
Damp:Type: Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC 0/6
MC 0
DC 0/5

Moves:
Bubble
Absorb
Water Sport
Night Shade
Bubblebeam
Recover
Water Pulse

Will-O'-Wisp
Taunt
Toxic
Rain Dance

Pain Split
Confuse Ray
Acid Armor

Snorunt [Cloaky] (F)
Nature: Mild (+SpA -Def)

Type: Ice
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus: Type: Innate
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Ice Body: Type: Innate
This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.

Moody: Type: Innate
This Pokemon's feelings are always fluctuating, and its mood at any given time greatly influences how it can act from one round to the next. In addition to its general nature, this Pokemon displays a burst of emotional power each round that shares characteristics with other natures, affecting the Pokemon's Ranks directly. At the end of each round the Pokemon changes its Moody nature (roll out of 25 R1 and out of 24 in subsequent rounds), a nature that has the regular drawbacks of a nature but enhances that nature's strengths.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5
Moves:
Powder Snow
Leer
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect

Hidden Power Fighting 7
Shadow Ball
Hail

Hex
Weather Ball
Disable
Unoriginal Name said:
Thanks for reffing. :D
Even though my picks should be obvious, seeing as I only actually have 3 Pokemon, I'll put them here nonetheless.

Piplup [Emperor Iceberg] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Defiant: (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, its Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round. (DW) Inactive

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1-
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4+
Spe: 40
Weight Class: 1

EC: 3/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport
Peck
Bide
Fury Attack

Aqua Ring
Hydro Pump
Icy Wind

Blizzard
Surf
Scald

Sing (2012 Event Move)
Total Moves: 15

Zorua [Red Spy] (M) (*)
Nature: Adamant

Type: Dark
Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Illusion: (Innate) Whenever you send this Pokemon out, it can feign the appearance of another member on your squad. If this Pokemon is damaged by a direct attack, the Illusion will cease at the end of the round. Direct damage is any attack that does damage to the Pokemon's HP. Attacks that are evaded, blocked via Protect, or damage a Substitute are not considered direct damage. It will retain the typing and moveset of the Pokemon with Illusion. [Usage Note: PM the ref if you are sending out a Zorua or Zoroark with the info on Zorua/Zoroark and one of your squad members in a Switch=KO battle. You must use that squad member later in the battle though.]

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4+
SpA: Rank 2-
Spe: 65
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Scratch
Leer
Pursuit
Fake Tears
Fury Swipes
Faint Attack
Scary Face
Taunt

Sucker Punch
Counter
Detect

Swords Dance
Roar
U-Turn
Total Moves: 14

Vanillite [Vanilla DEATH] (F) (*)
Nature: Modest

Type: Ice
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Abilities:
Ice Body: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.
Weak Armor: (Can be enabled) The Pokemon can loosen its worn defensive armor so that it will break off when an opponent uses a contact attack, reducing the Pokemon's Defense and increasing their Speed by one (1) stage for each hit. (DW) (Innactive)

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1-
SpA: Rank 4+
Spe: 44
Weight Class: 1

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Icicle Spear
Harden
Astonish
Uproar
Icy Wind
Mist
Avalanche
Taunt

Automize
Iron Defense
Powder Snow

Hail
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Total Moves: 14
Yoshi sends first.

God, Steel-types are the bane of my existence. Ah, well.
And it's 21 guests for me. Why? I have no honest idea what they would want on this thread...
Was thinking about Zorua Illusion-tricking, but not now.

Go, Emporer Icebergh the Piplup! Take this Amulet Coin!
No Taunt on Nohface? Perfect. That ToxicHex may be devilish to my team (until Piplup evolves twice, no immunities), too, but at least the thing can't shut me down.

Aqua Ring ~ Sing (Cause why not, lol) ~ Scald
IF Nohface uses Fake Out THEN Flinch that turn (obviously), pushing actions back.

Round 1 Begin!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

Fine​
Piplup used Aqua Ring! -8 en, Aqua Ring 6a
Nohface used ShadowStrike! -5 en, 5268 hit, 3337 no crit, 2447 -Def, -(8+3+1.5)=12.5 hp
+2 hp Piplup

Nohface used Shadow Sneak! -3 en, 6795 no crit, -(4+3+1.5)+1.75=10.25 hp
Piplup used Sing! -6 en, 1508 hit, 4664 1a
+2 hp Piplup

Piplup used Scald! -5 en, 317 crit, 9619 no burn, -(8+3+3+1.5)=15.5 hp
Nohface is fast asleep...
+2 hp Piplup

Round 1 End!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

Aqua Ring 3a​

Round 2 Begin!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

Aqua Ring 3a​
Piplup used Bide! -6 en, biding
Nohface used ShadowStrike! -5 en, 3770 hit, 164 crit, 8952 no -Def, -(8+3+3+1.5)=15.5 hp
+2 hp Piplup

Piplup is biding...
Nohface used Toxic! -7 en, 1967 hit, BPSN Piplup
+2 hp Piplup
-1 hp Piplup

Piplup released it's fury! -(27.175)/2=13.5625 en, -(15.5)*1.75=27.175 hp
Nohface used ShadowStrike! -5 en, 8769 hit, 7353 no crit, 1503 -Def, -(8+3+1.5)=12.5 hp
+2 hp Piplup
-1 hp Piplup

Round 2 End!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

BPSN 2, -1 Def​

Not in a strategic mood...

Scald ~ Scald ~ Surf + Surf
IF Metal Burst is ordered AND you didn't use Sing last action THEN use Sing that action.

No non-NVE Special moves worth using, so I'll just go with STAB.

Round 3 Begin!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

BPSN 2, -1 Def​
Piplup used Scald! -5 en, 5307 no crit, 578 burn, -(8+3+1.5)=12.5 hp
Nohface used Payback! -7 en, 5717 no crit, -(10+1.5-3)+1.75=10.25 hp
-2 hp Piplup
-2 hp Nohface

Piplup used Scald! -9 en, 8750 no crit, -(8+3+1.5)=12.5 hp
Nohface used Psycho Shift! -7 en
-2 hp Piplup
-2 hp Piplup

Piplup used Surf+Surf! -14.75 en, 1562 no crit, -(10*2.25+3+1.5)=27 hp
Nohface used Payback+Payback! -15.75 en, 1821 no crit, -(10*2.25+1.5)+1.75=25.75 hp
-2 hp Piplup
-2 hp Piplup

Round 3 End!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

BPSN 3, Burn​

Your sub is useless... Why would I want to use a P/E when you Chill? It's Cooldown a1, after all. I can't P/E. And, anyways, I don't even HAVE a P/E move, and Data Audit (or was it Ref Resource?) doesn't count the Dodge action as such. Anyway, I have to order, so...
Cooldown ~ Surf + Surf ~ Cooldown
Why would I do anything but?

Round 4 Begin!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

BPSN 3, Burn​
Nohface used Shadow Sneak+Shadow Sneak! -20 en, 9603 no crit, -(4*2.25+3+1.5)=13.5 hp, dead piplup

Round 4 End!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

dead
dead
dead​

...Thought so.
Considering Vanilla DEATH is Ice, which Steel is SE against, I guess fully resisted attacks is better than an easy OHKO for Yoshinite. And, anyways, Zorua has some of the best DW/Sugimori art, so...

Red Spy @ Amulet Coin.
Yoshinite's turn to counterswitch, if he so pleases.

Fine, then.
U-turn * 3
IF a damaging move is ordered, THEN use Sucker Punch.

I doubt he'll let me get off a free U-turn, but if he does, yay for me.
Edit: Also, sorry, I forgot I already used Amulet Coin, so just count that as no item. It has no effect on anything, just a personal error. Sorry. So, Red Spy @ Nothing, due to Piplup formerly holding said coin. Anyway, whatever. As I said, doesn't matter.

Round 5 Begin!
Team Yoshinite!

Fine

Team Unoriginal Name!

Fine​
Nohface used Fake Out! -4 en, 5584 no crit, -(4+1.5)=5.5 hp
Zorua flinched!

Nohface used Shadow Sneak+Shadow Sneak! -20 en, 6158 no crit, -(9+3+1.5)*.67=9 hp
Zorua used Sucker Punch! -5 en, fail

Zorua used U-Turn! -5 en, 5940 no crit, -(7+1.5)*.44=4 hp, dead nohface

Round 5 End!
Team Yoshinite!

dead
dead
dead

Team Unoriginal Name!

Switching​
Unoriginal name orders first.

Well, I do need to send out my mon. As I know who he'll u-turn to because he only has one guy left) I'm just gonna order.
Go Cloaky! Battle of the Ice-Types
EDIT: ok

No, Unoriginal Name orders first:
"Switch = OK: The user is sent back to its trainer's Poke Ball at the end of the round. The Pokemon that is switched in to replace the user is chosen by the player from their remaining Pokemon, however the trainer that commanded U-turn must attack first."

A Snorunt? Yay!
I kind of have no choice but Vanilla DEATH @ Nothing.

That HP Fighting will be a big thorn in my side, but whatever. Let me do us both a favor and set up snow.

Hail ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard
IF Disable is ordered for any action, THEN use Taunt a1, PUSHING BACK.
IF P/E action, THEN Automize that action, PUSHING BACK.

I will just use TIO's format to save time, the following rounds will have my usual format.

Round 5 End!

Team Yoshinite!

2/1/3/2/50

Team Unoriginal Name!

1/2/4/2/44

4/2/2/2/65

Where the hell is TIO?

He is there.....standing still.....not talking.....it is kinda creepy.....

As a plane passes by, Matezoide jumps from it and lands right besides TIO.

SUB-REFFING TIME!

Matezoide grabs TIO and toss him in a lake full of hungry Carvanhas!

Snorunt used Hidden Power - 5 energy
To crit (6772) - No
(7 + 1,5)*1,5 = 12,75 damage

Vanillite used Hail - 9 energy
+2 HP to Vanilla!

Action 2

Snorunt used Shadow Ball - 6 energy
To crit (727) - No
To lower (7517) - No
(8 + 1,5) = 9,5 damage

Vanillite used Blizzard - 7 energy
To crit (4048) - No
(12 + 3 + 3)*0,67 = 12,06 damage

+2 HP to both mons!

Action 3

Snorunt used Hidden Power - 5 energy
To crit (5299) - No
(7 + 1,5)*1,5 = 12,75 damage

Vanillite used Blizzard - 11 energy
To crit (2986) - No
(12 + 3 + 3)*0,67 = 12,06 damage
+2 HP to both mons

Team Yoshinite!

2/1/3/2/50

Team Unoriginal Name!

1/2/4/2/44

4/2/2/2/65

Hail (4 Rounds)

This human needs more meat.....

Your turn, Yoshi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)