The Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making this thread so we Smogonites (Smogonese?) can talk all about music. Musical likes/dislikes, recommendations to others, and pretty much anything relating to music can be put here.

If you see me in person, there is a huge chance that I will have headphones in. I love music and it calms me down, as well as making me forget about problems in life. I am going to start it off by saying that my preferences are in the Rock-Metal area. Bands I listen to are as follows:
Rock:
-Rise Against(I was disappointed with their most recent album)
-Skillet(Was never let down by them, love all their stuff)
-Three Days Grace(Pretty good stuff)
Metal:
-DragonForce(Considered main stream for speed metal, but I really like them and their new album)
-Metallica(Favorite band by far although I don't really like anything after the Black Album[RIDE THE LIGHTNING FTW])
-Anthrax(Got into them after just going into Google and typing good thrash metal bands)
-Slayer(Part of the big four, not my favorite but I can listen to it)
-Megadeth(Last of the big four, and I'd put them over Slayer since they have better musicianship imo)
-Disturbed(Really only knew Stricken from Guitar Hero 3, but I liked it. Would start to see songs on Pandora and got into the band itself 3 years ago)
-Slipknot(Lots of hate, but I like them)
-Five Finger Death Punch(Also gets a lot of hate, but I do find songs catchy. They also have pretty nice slower songs)
There are a few others that I listen to occasionally, but nowhere near as much as these bands. When I want to take a break from this music, I'll listen to Maroon 5(Like Adam Levine's voice) and Justin Timberlake(Not a huge fan of his music, but he is a cool guy overall). If you wanna recommend me a good band, I'd definitely give it a listen. The only stuff that I'm skeptical about is Death Metal so yea. If you want a recommendation from any of these bands listed, just ask for it. In school, most people actually know me because I am that kid walking around with a 2DS while blasting my music.
One more thing I forgot, you may dislike what somebody else listens to, THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS BAD AND THAT YOU CAN HATE ON THEM. Enjoy!

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think I'm the minority here that appreciates country music. I used to hate it but it has really grown on me. I like it because, unlike some songs nowadays, you can actually hear the lyrics and understand them.

Reactions: trc
There's already like 10 of these threads on the front page of The Great Library.

Check some of those out, and if none of them fit what you're looking for, remake a thread there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)